LP's Confidence #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish I could find the NG show where all that controversy started. I remember him stating something about Lee's DNA and one of the guests or NG running away with it. Does anybody by any chance, know when that was or by some miracle know which episode? Ha! I know, tall order! I remember Tony, RD and LP here at WB in a chat discussing the statement and it had been taken out of context.

LP did a blog radio segment and was VERY clear in stating that Lee fathered Caylee. LP has been right about NOTHING in this case. He's worse than the pretend psychics, IMO, because he represents himself as having actual knowledge and inside information.

I was also wondering why it specifically says that there were no fingerprints on the tape matching GA, CA or LA, nothing about Casey. So, maybe her prints were on the tape.

This is an improper interpretation of the doc. OCSO sent the FBI the tape and copies of GA, CA & LA fingerprints as references (for exclusion). The FBI was unable to find any fingerprints on the tape. They weren't excluded per se (leaving KC included) because there were no latent prints found at all.

The doc would read differently if any prints were found.

LP did a blog radio segment and was VERY clear in stating that Lee fathered Caylee. LP has been right about NOTHING in this case. He's worse than the pretend psychics, IMO, because he represents himself as having actual knowledge and inside information.

Hi Chilly! Hate to borrow one of your lines but do you have a link? Thanks so much! Not disagreeing, I would just like to hear it. But I disagree about him being right about NOTHING. IMO :blowkiss:

This is an improper interpretation of the doc. OCSO sent the FBI the tape and copies of GA, CA & LA fingerprints as references (for exclusion). The FBI was unable to find any fingerprints on the tape. They weren't excluded per se (leaving KC included) because there were no latent prints found at all.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I wish I could find the NG show where all that controversy started. I remember him stating something about Lee's DNA and one of the guests or NG running away with it. Does anybody by any chance, know when that was or by some miracle know which episode? Ha! I know, tall order! I remember Tony, RD and LP here at WS in a chat discussing the statement and it had been taken out of context.

I don't know the date, but it was right after the release of the findings of the mtDNA stating that the hair found in the trunk was from Casey OR Caylee. LP misunderstood mtDNA and jumped way out on a limb to accuse Lee of fathering Caylee.

I don't dislike LP as a human being, but I find so very little of anything he's predicted was accurate. He said Caylee would be found naked, based on Casey's "they haven't even found her clothes." statement: False. He said Lee was the father. False. I could go on and on, but just reading back over his past statements tells me to "consider the source" when Leonard Padilla says something is one way.......it probably means it's the other.

Hi Chilly! Hate to borrow one of your lines but do you have a link? Thanks so much! Not disagreeing, I would just like to hear it. But I disagree about him being right about NOTHING. IMO :blowkiss:

A link to the radio show? No, sorry I don't. There was a thread about it here, I'll see if I can find it. I can't think of one single thing LP was right about, at least not anything of consequence.

Oh wait, he was right about Caylee's body being cremated, but he reversed himself on that one.

A link to the radio show? No, sorry I don't. There was a thread about it here, I'll see if I can find it. I can't think of one single thing LP was right about, at least not anything of consequence.

Oh wait, he was right about Caylee's body being cremated, but he reversed himself on that one.

I'm sorry, I thought by blog radio show it was online somewhere, my apologies.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. I was so hoping Casey's prints would be on the tape, but there is enough evidence to convict her imo.

I'm sorry, I thought by blog radio show it was online somewhere, my apologies.

No, please, no need to apologize, it was a live show but there could be a link to a recorded audio of it, I just don't have it. It's been discussed here many times. I'm still searching.

I don't know the date, but it was right after the release of the findings of the mtDNA stating that the hair found in the trunk was from Casey OR Caylee. LP misunderstood mtDNA and jumped way out on a limb to accuse Lee of fathering Caylee.

I don't dislike LP as a human being, but I find so very little of anything he's predicted was accurate. He said Caylee would be found naked, based on Casey's "they haven't even found her clothes." statement: False. He said Lee was the father. False. I could go on and on, but just reading back over his past statements tells me to "consider the source" when Leonard Padilla says something is one way.......it probably means it's the other.

Yep, this all started because LP assumed that because Lee's mitochondrial DNA matched that Lee was the father because of apparent ignorancea about what mitochondial DNA is. A number of us back when this all came up tried to explain that what he was saying was based on a completely false assumption about the DNA.

He made the first statement about this on NG, later making an even stronger statement on the show cited by Chilly. All of this is in the original threads on this issue. If you want the details, go back and read those.

Yep, this all started because LP assumed that because Lee's mitochondrial DNA matched that Lee was the father because of apparent ignorancea about what mitochondial DNA is. A number of us back when this all came up tried to explain that what he was saying was based on a completely false assumption about the DNA.

He made the first statement about this on NG, later making an even stronger statement on the show cited by Chilly. All of this is in the original threads on this issue. If you want the details, go back and read those.

Thank you for the suggestion. Chilly is very kindly trying to locate the thread for me.

Then there was the claim about the dumpster and then it was the landfill.....then it was Blanchard Park, yada, yada, yada.

Then there was the claim about the dumpster and then it was the landfill.....then it was Blanchard Park, yada, yada, yada.

Yes, I have heard all of those statements as well. I didn't intend for this to turn into another discussion of how wrong LP's theories are. Many of us on here have been wrong with regard to our theories as well. Every one has an opinion and that is a good thing.

Yes, I have heard all of those statements as well. I didn't intend for this to turn into another discussion of how wrong LP's theories are. Many of us on here have been wrong with regard to our theories as well. Every one has an opinion and that is a good thing.

Exactly! LP is not GOD, so he can only theorize like the rest of us.

That is corrrect and that was mine.

I agree... I suspect he drew the paternity theory from the fact that Lee reportedly wouldnt give up DNA without court order... That would raise my suspicions as well.

ANd I do NOT think for ONE moment that LE would conduct a paternity test on Lee based solely on LP's theory.. so the fact that LE looked into it at all, makes me think they had some thoughts in that manner themselves..

But yeah.. I think we have all gotten theories wrong.. heck.. I know I was CERTAIN the yellow thing at the scene was a book.. I would have bet money on it... and turns out to be a sign!! Even one of the local Orlando media outlets described it as Caylee's book... IIRC.

I guess LP is just a very polarizing figure.. people either really like him..or really dont. Personally, I like him.. despite his right or wrong theories..I think his heart (and Rob's too) was in right place.. and really wanted to find Caylee..

I agree... I suspect he drew the paternity theory from the fact that Lee reportedly wouldnt give up DNA without court order... That would raise my suspicions as well.

ANd I do NOT think for ONE moment that LE would conduct a paternity test on Lee based solely on LP's theory.. so the fact that LE looked into it at all, makes me think they had some thoughts in that manner themselves..

But yeah.. I think we have all gotten theories wrong.. heck.. I know I was CERTAIN the yellow thing at the scene was a book.. I would have bet money on it... and turns out to be a sign!! Even one of the local Orlando media outlets described it as Caylee's book... IIRC.

I guess LP is just a very polarizing figure.. people either really like him..or really dont. Personally, I like him.. despite his right or wrong theories..I think his heart (and Rob's too) was in right place.. and really wanted to find Caylee..

LP accused Lee of being the father long before Lee's DNA was requested.

It's one thing to theorize about a case. It's quite another, IMO, to go on national TV and state theories as facts while insinuating that your theories and statements are based on inside information. In my eyes, that's not theorizing at all, it's outright lying.

For example, when he stated that a bathing suit and piece of a dress and were found with Caylee's remains, he was not theorizing. He made it all up. He lied.

well i just wish lp wouldve had his facts straight before even intimating such a thing .. this is why i take most of what he says with a grain of salt now ..i know his heart is in the right but i do think he talked way too
openly to whoever about this case like that girl that called him
from tennesee ..this is part of why this case became such a media
circus as well as the anthonys saying the stuff they did too
however i do recall cindy saying that LP says alot of stuff ..

Scared Monkey radio is one place he ran this rumor into the ground... a thread about the show is here on WS...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72852

I agree that LP is not god (of course, I don't believe in god, so eh), but what he said and how he pounded on it and pounded on it in the media went past theorizing... he turned it into a malicious accusation with not one shred of evidence to support what he was saying.

That's right, he speculates.

I think because he had been in the house for 10 minutes early on and has continued to involve himself in this case some people may regard him as an "insider." I don't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back