LP's Confidence

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm being accused of posting "Misinformation Here are some direct quotes from LP that he made on the Nancy Grace show......Decide for yourself who KC's bail bondsman was & who made the 50k

UNIDENTIFIED MALE : And why don`t you ask Mr. Padilla, who did he give the $50,000 to? Who did he pay that money to, to get that bond?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hmm, OK, well, Leonard, you want to answer that one?

PADILLA: Sure, I got no problem with it. It was paid to my nephew. He`s the bail bondsman. That`s what he does for a living.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: No, listen, you know, the $50,000 goes back to the bail bondsman, which is your nephew, so it stays in the family, is what he`s saying.

PADILLA: Well, let me tell you about my family. I have two sisters that haven`t talked to me in 10 years. I got a brother in the same business. He hasn`t talked to me in 10 years.

=========================

PADILLA: I`m not making any money off the bond. My nephew`s making the $50,000 off the bond
========================

August 26, 2008
PADILLA: Well, it`s not really my call. It`s my nephew. He`s the bondsman, and he has control of the bond. If he was to decide to revoke it, he could do that, yes. But normally, it`s not a thing that`s done because a bondsman is in the business of freeing people from jail, not guilt or innocence. And so I don`t think he would do that, no

=======================

August 27, 2008
LEONARD PADILLA: Well, that`s my nephew, Tony Padilla`s, call, in Sacramento. He`s the one that -- he`s bail agent. He`s the one that`s going to make that call tonight sometime.

======================

PADILLA: Listen to me! Listen to me. Listen to me! We will not revoke that bond if she doesn`t disclose anything. My nephew is the bail agent. I have paid him to post the bond. He has an agent from Florida that will be posting it.

======================

PADILLA: No, I`m not gloating. I hope they`ve learned and the next time there`s a bond of this nature, they step up like bondsman, like real bail agents, instead of a bunch of thugs and work that out and put it together. All they were acting like was a bunch of jealous people

=======================

August 28, 2008

TONY PADILLA :Leonard is the guarantor. He has every right to tell me, Tony, I want her back in custody, and basically, I have to follow through on that. Until somebody steps up and is willing to take on the responsibility, the $500,000, Leonard has every right to tell me I want her back in.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

He was NOT taking a FREE PI's word that they were "seeing" her all the time and about to close in after her being moved 9 times.

He is a stand up guy and I am tired of hearing all this bashing of him when most except the Anthonys admire him. They are AFRAID of him and it appears with good reason now.

snipped

The PI was seeing her all the time...closing in after being moved nine times... are you talking about live Caylee sightings.. or when DC supposedly saw Caylee and she was dead?

I don't consider what I'm doing bashing, just as you don't consider LP's search at the Econ a wild goose chase. I suppose it really wasn't a wild goose chase to begin with, it just ended that way, unfortunately. Although TM did tell him that area had already been scanned... so it's really a matter of opinion.

I'm raising valid points to be argued about the credibility and usefulness of LP.

I think what I just found speaks for it all... LP is putting himself in this case. He did not have the backing of the FBI for the dive, as someone said. Pretty much it doesn't take much to see that he is not a part of the case... said from the horses mouth (LE) during the dive fiasco:

*snip*
http://www.centralfloridafuture.com...story_id=c8e5a0d2-da07-48e6-81af-fbd027df5fb7

Orange County Sheriff's Sgt. John Allen said the dive search going on in the river had nothing to do with either the FBI or the OCSO's official investigation, and was being conducted by Padilla.

"The Orange County Sheriff's Office and the FBI are working together, along with other police agencies, to find Caylee's remains," Allen said. "If you want to know what Leonard is doing here, I suggest you ask Leonard."

See, this is why I question LP's presence, still, in this case... add in the fact that he's not even on the witness list for the trial, it does make one sit up and question what the heck he is up to, because he goes on shows (mostly NG) and speaks out like he is involved in the case... when he obviously isn't.

Good post. No bashing, I note! :) I suppose LP could still have permission from LE without their backing, it still speaks volumes as to how they feel about the guy.

So which is it... did he have LE's permission, approval, or backing?

LP does go out on a limb and people make the mistake of hanging on his words literally.

snipped

What about the millions of viewers at home watching him on NG? Are they supposed to know not to take his words literally? (No bashing... valid question!)

Good post. No bashing, I note! :) I suppose LP could still have permission from LE without their backing, it still speaks volumes as to how they feel about the guy.

So which is it... did he have LE's permission, approval, or backing?

I say none of the three, natsound. I am not bashing LP either by stating that I do not like him, do not trust him, and I question his motives. I am just stating my opinion of the man.

What Detective John Allen said is quite clear to me.

***ETA: I am not trying to influence anyone else with my opinion here. It is just my honest take on the man.

I do not believe he has an ounce of altruism in his body. He injected himself in this case for fame and admiration and some do re me, IMO. He can go now. He serves no function any longer other than to throw out bombshells of "theories" that never come to fruition. I wish NG would dime him out on all of his smoke bombs and get some credibility back to her show.

However, if NG comes forward with a signed and notarized affadavit stating that LP never made a dime from her show, comes on his own free will and good heartedness, then I retract some of my adverse opinions of the man. Not all, just some. Until then, they remain.

snipped

What about the millions of viewers at home watching him on NG? Are they supposed to know not to take his words literally? (No bashing... valid question!)
NG prefaces her discussions with LP with the fact he is the bounty hunter that was in on the first bail out of the beautiful miss Anthony (sarcasm intended lol). If millions of viewers decide to take what he has to say about this case literally that is their problem. I think I see where you are going tho..... the fact that at times NG seems to hang way too much on what lp has to say.... thus making it seem like he has some inside scoop into the case. Now that, I completely agree with... that it tends to be misleading and causes all sorts of hoopla. In the same breath I also have been surprised at some of the things that lp has said that seemed to hold water later down the road.

Aint this case just a panty twister?! The list of characters... of real life people... well... they would be a great cast in a sitcom or something.

NG prefaces her discussions with LP with the fact he is the bounty hunter that was in on the first bail out of the beautiful miss Anthony (sarcasm intended lol). If millions of viewers decide to take what he has to say about this case literally that is their problem. I think I see where you are going tho..... the fact that at times NG seems to hang way too much on what lp has to say.... thus making it seem like he has some inside scoop into the case. Now that, I completely agree with... that it tends to be misleading and causes all sorts of hoopla. In the same breath I also have been surprised at some of the things that lp has said that seemed to hold water later down the road.

Aint this case just a panty twister?! The list of characters... of real life people... well... they would be a great cast in a sitcom or something.

LIKE WHAT? What statement that didn't come from a press release, LE, A Family on tape, TM, etc etc, was an original thought of LP that held any water?

snipped

The PI was seeing her all the time...closing in after being moved nine times... are you talking about live Caylee sightings.. or when DC supposedly saw Caylee and she was dead?

I don't consider what I'm doing bashing, just as you don't consider LP's search at the Econ a wild goose chase. I suppose it really wasn't a wild goose chase to begin with, it just ended that way, unfortunately. Although TM did tell him that area had already been scanned... so it's really a matter of opinion.

I'm raising valid points to be argued about the credibility and usefulness of LP.

Well, here's the deal! There is definitely usefullness for LP as well as NG. It appears that is the only area we are getting information right now. We hear nothing from LE. A few times a week there is an article in the local Orlando papers. I believe that is why so many people feel strongly about LP. Right now he and NG are our main sources of information until this trial begins.

Well, here's the deal! There is definitely usefullness for LP as well as NG. It appears that is the only area we are getting information right now. We hear nothing from LE. A few times a week there is an article in the local Orlando papers. I believe that is why so many people feel strongly about LP. Right now he and NG are our main sources of information until this trial begins.

But if that information is incorrect or confusing, what good does it do except make us argue? :) He's been on NG just about every night, but the local TV stations aren't attributing all of their stuff to him... often we're just hearing "sources say".

NG has a lot more credible people on her show than LP. The reporters for starters, whose integrity and jobs are on the line if they were to report false or misrepresented info. In addition to real Attorneys, Forensic Paths, EXPERTS. LP abides by no laws of restraint, shoots from the hip, says what he wants and his only "source" is his gut or leads us to believe he was privy to some juicy info while scoping the A house. Had he been privy to that, he could have walked out of his trailer, down the street and BINGO, found the remains.

Somehow his status as a bounty hunter has been diluted to include, a PI, ME, Lawyer, Genetics Expert, Psychic, say anything you want and you have not one to answer to, except for, of course, some of us here at WS that think it's all BS.

LP's background and record for that matter doesn't hold much credibilty in my book. Might I add he is a convicted felon.

I didn't see that at all as a "wild goose chase", but an HONEST effort to try to find her little body. He was the ONLY one who seemed to even be interested at the time, and he put HIS MONEY where his mouth was.

He was NOT taking a FREE PI's word that they were "seeing" her all the time and about to close in after her being moved 9 times.

He was NOT hiding anything, but trying to open up the media to ideas that others could search without TES or anyone else's approval.

He was doing it with the approval of LE or he could not have been in a public park in that area. He KNEW KC was there a lot and that was his best guess knowing how sloppy she would be getting rid of a body.

NO ONE even considered she would just go down the street and throw it out like garbage then go dancing. Even that was below what most people believed the devil's spawn would do.

The head of the FBI in his state said of LP that if he said something " YOU COULD TAKE IT TO THE BANK" on national TV. That speaks volumes.

When he got the word on the PI taping there he immediately called the FBI to get the film. He is a stand up guy and I am tired of hearing all this bashing of him when most except the Anthonys admire him. They are AFRAID of him and it appears with good reason now.

I heard two theories on why it was 1pm before the divers actually got in the water the first day of the dives. One was that JB was trying to prevent the the dive by getting a court order to stop it. The second was a delay in the permit they needed to do the dive in a water way in a reserve. (Not sure about the correct wording.) Anyone know what was really up?

Regardless of the delay he got searchers in the water, he either has friends in high places or he had the backing of LE.

Actually when you think about how many times the area was searched and by how many groups of searchers; a lot of people apparently thought the site made a lot of sense. But TiM was correct when he said, Caylee would be found in God's time, she was. Looking back everything about the spot made perfect sense, just in the very fact that it makes no sense.

If an federal agent knows someone for 30 years and is still willing to say only good things about the person on national television, his opinion would weigh very heavily with me.

What I have come to respect about LP is his ability to call it the way it is, about others and himself. He is the first to admit JBP turned out to be a fiasco. But the truth was he had a valid hunch, he used his own funds to pay for his hunch and he was the only one pulling out all the stops in searching for Caylee at that time. LP was raise\

I'm with you on this one Turbo.

What do you mean by..."Go after him"?

Are you suggesting that because I questioned that a man made 50k for a weeks work that I'm somehow "insulting" TP?

And every time it gets brought up somebody gets angry & insulting.
Hmmm..no. I am suggesting the insult was insulting:

Originally posted by Boston:
By the way....Has anybody heard from Tony P. lately??

I guess he's too busy spending the 50k that he made for writing the bond - That is of course if you believe that he actually kept the money & didn't return it to his uncle Leonard
I am not angry and insulting to my knowledge. You insinuated TP lied about the money and what he did with it after he said emphatically he did not. To me, being called a liar is insulting.

Somehow his status as a bounty hunter has been diluted to include, a PI, ME, Lawyer, Genetics Expert, Psychic, say anything you want and you have not one to answer to, except for, of course, some of us here at WS that think it's all BS.

LP's background and record for that matter doesn't hold much credibilty in my book. Might I add he is a convicted felon.
I have not seen where anyone has said that LP is an ME, Genetics Expert, or a Psychic. However, I believe he is a Lawyer and a part of his job description as a BH would include him acting in some respects as a PI even if he doesn't hold that title. As far as being a bit Psychic, I believe that every good investigator works on their own "hunches" now and again. (They refer to it usually as "gut feeling".)

I don't really care what LP has done in the past. What I do care about is what he has done in regards to Caylee and what he does from this point forward. I think LP will continue to work for missing children as this has really opened up his heart to the plight of those children.

Anyone who saw the "Live" press conference that the OCSD gave the day of the Econ River "Fiasco" knows that LP did not & does not have the "Blessing" of the OCSD.

I forget the Deputy Sheriff's name but it was obvious that there was no love lost between the OCSD & LP.

I also think that the OCSD & the FBI have been angry with LP since the day he bailed KC out of Jail & created the Circus outside the Anthony home so why would they "Share" any info with him?

LP is not working with LE in any capacity what so ever. He is a "Civilian" who deliberately injected himself into this case for reasons known only to himself. I think those reasons will become obvious to all of us in a few months.

One last thing......

LP did an extremely unprofessional job handling the security situation outside the Anthony home. He couldn't even handle the "Pizza Guy".

He said he was worried about somebody poisoning food & sending it to the Anthony's & that these the kind of "Security Issues" that he had to deal with.

I'm not a security expert or anything but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you didn't order a Pizza..........................DONT EAT IT

I am not angry and insulting to my knowledge. You insinuated TP lied about the money and what he did with it after he said emphatically he did not. To me, being called a liar is insulting.

I didn't LIE about anything.

I gave my opinion about what I thought he did with it.

You may not like it but people have opinions that DIFFER from yours.

And if you KNOW what Tony P. did with the 50k that some people are saying that he didn't even make please post a link

Anyone who saw the "Live" press conference that the OCSD gave the day of the Econ River "Fiasco" knows that LP did not & does not have the "Blessing" of the OCSD.

I forget the Deputy Sheriff's name but it was obvious that there was no love lost between the OCSD & LP.

I also think that the OCSD & the FBI have been angry with LP since the day he bailed KC out of Jail & created the Circus outside the Anthony home so why would they "Share" any info with him?

LP is not working with LE in any capacity what so ever. He is a "Civilian" who deliberately injected himself into this case for reasons known only to himself. I think those reasons will become obvious to all of us in a few months.

One last thing......

LP did an extremely unprofessional job handling the security situation outside the Anthony home. He couldn't even handle the "Pizza Guy".

He said he was worried about somebody poisoning food & sending it to the Anthony's & that these the kind of "Security Issues" that he had to deal with.

I'm not a security expert or anything but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you didn't order a Pizza..........................DONT EAT IT

I have to admit - this nearly made me crack my ribs laughing. :crazy:

I guess you don't consider calling somebody a LIAR an insult.

Anyway....I'm obviously not the only person who thought that .."SOMETHING FUNNY" was going on with the 50k Bail Money that was made by Tony P> for bailing out a Child Killer

==========================
UNIDENTIFIED MALE : And why don`t you ask Mr. Padilla, who did he give the $50,000 to? Who did he pay that money to, to get that bond?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hmm, OK, well, Leonard, you want to answer that one?

PADILLA: Sure, I got no problem with it. It was paid to my nephew. He`s the bail bondsman. That`s what he does for a living.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: No, listen, you know, the $50,000 goes back to the bail bondsman, which is your nephew, so it stays in the family, is what he`s saying.

PADILLA: Well, let me tell you about my family. I have two sisters that haven`t talked to me in 10 years. I got a brother in the same business. He hasn`t talked to me in 10 years.

==============================

I have not seen where anyone has said that LP is an ME, Genetics Expert, or a Psychic. However, I believe he is a Lawyer and a part of his job description as a BH would include him acting in some respects as a PI even if he doesn't hold that title. As far as being a bit Psychic, I believe that every good investigator works on their own "hunches" now and again. (They refer to it usually as "gut feeling".)

I don't really care what LP has done in the past. What I do care about is what he has done in regards to Caylee and what he does from this point forward. I think LP will continue to work for missing children as this has really opened up his heart to the plight of those children.

I've seen several of you call him a lawyer. Actually, I don't believe that's correct. If he completed law school, the school he attended wasn't certified at all when he graduated and so far as we know, he never passed a bar exam.

I don't know of a court in the land that would consider you a lawyer until you pass the bar exam and receive a license. My guess is that LP himself would never call himself a lawyer. In fact, I would guess LP himself wouldn't feel any need to inflate his job titles to include lawyer unless he is actually licensed and a practicing attorney any more than he would call himself a doctor if he attended medical school but never passed the licensing exams and received a license.

Anyway....I'm obviously not the only person who thought that .."SOMETHING FUNNY" was going on with the 50k Bail Money that was made by Tony P> for bailing out a Child Killer

respectfully snipped for space

Why should anyone think "SOMETHING FUNNY" was going on when TP earned 50K, that's his job, it's what he does. He didn't set the bail. He provided the bond, if KC had disappeared he would have been out $450,000.00 For a lot of risk, people are generally paid accordingly. Where the 50K originated makes no difference.

Let's not forget, when LP paid out $50 grand there was a missing child not a dead child. The bond was posted 9 days before the first forensic report was released, LP started back pedaling over the bond immediately after the report came to light. He even admitted he wouldn't have put up the money if he knew everything he found out over those nine days.

I believe the thing LP did wrong was to listen to who ever was giving him information in the first place. He was brought into the situation on faulty information and he chose not to listen to everyone else screaming "Don't do it!"

In spite of the fact he wears a lot of black, I think LP saw himself as a "white knight" in tarnished armor coming to free the damsel in distress and save the princess (Caylee) from evil. Over the week that KC was free, LP got a renewed vision of the situation and began to deflate inside of himself. He looked like he was going to be physically ill when the FBI report was released. With all the bad LP has seen in his life, in his world young mothers don't murder their babies, then lie to LE about a kidnapping.

In spite of the fact LP wasn't able to bring Caylee home, he never gave up and I believe he would have continued searching until he turned over every stone in Orlando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14