LP's Confidence

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This didn't happen. LP spent his own money for that and lost it. LG has not done anything of the sort and is making money off this deal as a spokesman (which without Todd B. coming on the scene to make him sound like a rocket scientist...he would still look like a dolt. He has been a waste. A huge waste.).

:clap::clap::clap::clap: As usual, I agree with your statement!

Actually thinking about this a little more......Dog's wife and KC or CA in a room together would have made for a great episode!
LOL Yes! Beth would have intimidated the hell outta them more than the OCSO.

At that time he had been promised access to speak to Casey. As soon as he layed his money down the story changed. Baez informed him there would be no talking to Casey.

Some of his revelations are real and some are merely whacking the hive. Cindy treated him poorly also and he occasionally throws an elbow her way. Other things he says are designed to infuriate her enough to sue him. He would love to be able to depose all involved. He would then be the owner of enough sworn testimony to make a mini series. Losses in a lawsuit would be minor. Selling TV shows pays pretty good bucks.

I am for him. I am also surprised at Lanie. It is her first post ever that I did not wholeheartedly agree with.

I reckon she may change her heart before all is over :blowkiss:

Bolding by me.
I'm flattered. If you are referring to me about changing her heart, I doubt it.
When he first came into this, he was incredibly ignorant of the case. For the position he put himself in, I am completely baffled about why he couldn't have spent just a couple of hours educating himself about the facts before he came in waving his cash and bailbondsman around. Yes, I think he has redeemed himself by all the support he has offered TES, and not just financially. He has done a lot to get the word out on this, and I think he deserves a lot of credit for the people and resources that will be available for this current search. These are great things, and I am grateful to him for this.
However, I am not on board with him spouting off the way he does as being some sneaky way to get the A's to stumble. My opinion is, just like when he first rode into town, he picks up some tidbit of info and runs with it, regardless of the evidence available at the time that totally disputes it. Maybe he does have a major 'in' with LE in this case, but I don't see it. He sits there on NG, and pronounces his latest little bombshells like they are absolute truth, and he has inside info, yet time after time it turns out to be total hogwash.
I admit it, it annoys me, he annoys me. But he has certainly contributed more to this case and this search than I have, so annoy away, I'll get over it, lol.
Lanie

When LP got invovled with this case, the story was of a young mother who was so terrified of her toddler's kidnappers that she made up a bunchof lies to protect her child and did not trust LE. LP offered her the opportunity to get out of jail and talk to him, in strict confidence, tell him who took Caylee and he, himself would go get her back. He is a tracker, he can find anybody. She got out of jail and would not talk to him. That is when he knew that she was full of s**t, Caylee was dead and KC was a pathological liar. He sent her back to her room at the County Jail.

During the time he was around the A's, he learned a lot. He has suggested that there was a chloroform soaked rag in the trunk which killed Caylee when she was locked up inside. I guess after Caylee was passed out, the rag was just tossed inside the trunk before it was closed and locked, because NG has been screaming about KC putting a cloth over the child's face. He has suggested that Caylee was put in the pool to stage an accident, but then retrieved with the neighbor's shovel. Both could be true, we sure do not know.

Does anyone know who did the cell phone ping work for TES and were they given all the information that they need to determine which areas to search? Has LE provided them with info.? Is LE cooperating with them?

And, if LE thinks that this area is the likely dump site, why has there been no official searches of the area? All I have heard about is volunteer searches.

Bolding by me.
Go back on this forum and read the posts when he first came into this case. Most people were against him, against him bailing Casey out, and could NOT believe he was so uninformed.
He was told at the little pancake breakfast right before Casey was bailed out he would not be allowed to talk to her. He could have pulled the plug right then, and would have been well within his rights, as he was brought in under false pretenses. He also claimed when her bond was revoked he had nothing to do with it. It is all in the archives, check it out.
Lanie

Not everything LP has said is hogwash tho. There are truths in the things he comes up with, but he does weave them into what appears to be nonsense. Later on, when things come out...he has valid reasons to say them even if they don't exactly fit the scenario. He is allowed his own opinions.

LP isn't the type of person to "bail out" because things don't go his way and the reason he didn't put the halt to Casey getting out under what I consider to be "false pretenses" on the part of the defense. Baez did pull the BS of Casey not talking to anyone...but obviously Casey did talk to the woman who was in the house with her. She had to hire an Attorney to prevent a problem. We haven't heard what she knows now. So LP again did what he set out to do...he got her to talk in spite of Baez evidently.

Actually thinking about this a little more......Dog's wife and KC or CA in a room togeather would have made for a great episode!

LOL, isn't that the truth. Beth would have called their BS right off the bat.

I read on another thread that LP is not actually an attorney. Does anyone know where/how to check?

It says on his website profile that he graduated from law school. Whether he passed the bar exam or not, or even took it, I don't know.
I like him. I don't always believe everything he says, but I respect him for what he does. I think he was led to believe he could get the truth out of Casey in the beginning, but found out after he got to FL that he could not even talk to her. And he was man enough to admit that he was wrong for doing what he did after some advised him not to bond her out.
I think he does have some inside information, to an extent. But he throws out theories just like everyone else does, up to and including her attorney. I don't think anyone really knows what happened to Caylee, except Casey, and possibly Lee. And the sad thing is... we may never know.
He IS entertaining... and he does support TES and Tim... and for that he deserves some respect.

Sly like a fox.:clap:

We sure have a hard time defending our Leonard, don't we Blink?

Maybe it is the age thing....just thinking how I can relate to him. Even his language just cracks me up.
Where do people get this about him lining his wallet with this case? That really bothers me for some reason. If I remember correctly, he lost a fair wad.

Yes, he did lose money. And I would bet he has contributed to TES and Tim's search since then. Of course he likes the publicity... but I believe his heart is in the right place. There is no one involved in this case that I believe 100%... No one! I watch NG night after night, and even SHE gets it wrong sometimes.
When you look at the theories that have been thrown around since the case was made public, LP's theories aren't that much different than anyone else's. And some of them make a lot more sense.
Like him or not... he comes with the territory, he's a fixture. You have two choices... watch NG and grit your teeth, or turn the channel.

You don't have to defend LP. I would imagine he would be appalled to find himself in the sacred cow category. But the point of the original post was whether you can believe what he says in this case or not.

I can find him very likable - I like characters and he's certainly a character - and even touching when he talks about Caylee and still find what he says about the case very questionable.

Like I said in another post, I give little credence to anyone who seldom if ever cites where he got his information, even in a general way. I also don't like that he's presenting his theories extrapolated from who knows where as absolute facts instead of making it clear whether it's just his opinion or it is actual evidence.

Anyway, it would be far more useful if those who believe LP would give some reasons why, preferably other than "I like him" or "Because he cares" or "He seems so confident."

Not at all saying he's a conman, but conmen got that name because of the confidence in which they present lies and swindles. Look at the confidence Casey shows when she speaks. That doesn't mean I believe a word she says.

Why should he have to cite where he gets his information? It's his opinions, after being on the scene for a week and a half, observing the case and the characters in person. He has more insight than most of us do, because he was there... we were not. He may have seen and heard a great deal more than we will ever know or hear about.
As to your statement that those who like him should give reasons why other than "because he cares", I think the same rule should be applied to those who hate the Anthonys and accuse them of things they only speculate about, based on nothing beyond the fact that they've been in the media spotlight so often, and Cindy "talks too much." Both are equally as ridiculous.
I have already stated that I don't believe everything he says... but that doesn't keep me from liking and respecting him. My feeling is that in his line of work, he has learned a lot about people in general, just by doing what he does. Whether he is in it for publicity, or to make money, or whether he can actually help bring this case to a close... I don't know. But I do know that several people who have actually spoken to him all say that he is kind, generous, and very, very honest. He doesn't hide behind anyone or anything. He is who he is, and he doesn't apologize for it. For that... he gets my respect.

Why should he have to cite where he gets his information? It's his opinions, after being on the scene for a week and a half, observing the case and the characters in person. He has more insight than most of us do, because he was there... we were not. He may have seen and heard a great deal more than we will ever know or hear about.
As to your statement that those who like him should give reasons why other than "because he cares", I think the same rule should be applied to those who hate the Anthonys and accuse them of things they only speculate about, based on nothing beyond the fact that they've been in the media spotlight so often, and Cindy "talks too much." Both are equally as ridiculous.
I have already stated that I don't believe everything he says... but that doesn't keep me from liking and respecting him. My feeling is that in his line of work, he has learned a lot about people in general, just by doing what he does. Whether he is in it for publicity, or to make money, or whether he can actually help bring this case to a close... I don't know. But I do know that several people who have actually spoken to him all say that he is kind, generous, and very, very honest. He doesn't hide behind anyone or anything. He is who he is, and he doesn't apologize for it. For that... he gets my respect.

Knowing the source of information is so basic to being able to gauge its reliability, I can't believe anyone would ask that question. We don't know whether what he says come from actual facts garnered from his experiences close to the parties in the case or just his opinion. Nor do we really know what or whether he has any actual contacts who could be sources of inside information. Some people have assumed that he does, but that's only an assumption, especially since he doesn't cite his sources.

Yet again, this is being turned into a debate about whether you like LP or not or whether you think he's a great guy, which happens every single time this issue is brought up. The issue is that LP doesn't give enough information to gauge whether his statements are reliable or not. Whether you like him or admire him for his concern about Caylee or think he's great for helping with the search have nothing at all to do with that issue.

I'm not questioning his kindness or even his honesty. Well intentioned and honest people have been known to make statements that are only opinion and pass them off as hard facts. And sometimes their opinions and theories are wrong.

Well said, Gardenhart. No, I don't care for his involvement in this case, I don't trust his involvement with Larry Garrison, where he came up with 50K to pay for the bond is a complete mystery to me, since just last year he had property seized by the IRS, the tactics he used in his mayoral run last year were among the sleaziest I've heard of recently and his bailing KC was just wrong. I'm very concerned about Tim Miller's involvement with him - this is not going to reflect well on Equusearch.

Knowing the source of information is so basic to being able to gauge its reliability, I can't believe anyone would ask that question. We don't know whether what he says come from actual facts garnered from his experiences close to the parties in the case or just his opinion. Nor do we really know what or whether he has any actual contacts who could be sources of inside information. Some people have assumed that he does, but that's only an assumption, especially since he doesn't cite his sources.

Yet again, this is being turned into a debate about whether you like LP or not or whether you think he's a great guy, which happens every single time this issue is brought up. The issue is that LP doesn't give enough information to gauge whether his statements are reliable or not. Whether you like him or admire him for his concern about Caylee or think he's great for helping with the search have nothing at all to do with that issue.

I'm not questioning his kindness or even his honesty. Well intentioned and honest people have been known to make statements that are only opinion and pass them off as hard facts. And sometimes their opinions and theories are wrong.

Obviously the man has been a bounty hunter for a while now-he apparently has some sources. This is a given in his line of work. He also founded a LAW SCHOOL and completed HIS JD, which says he is not just some dumb schmuck off the streets putting in his 2 cents worth. And I must most respectfully disagree that you must consider the source to KNOW if it reliable. Even the lowest criminal scum CAN be providing reliable information to LE although they themselves are UNRELIABLE. If not, then all the scuzzy "informants" that the police have would not count for squat.

Actually thinking about this a little more......Dog's wife and KC or CA in a room togeather would have made for a great episode!

Oh that would have been so great! Can you just imagine how that would have played out? Beth and CA would be wrassling on the floor, cussing like sailors and each trying to b*tch slap the other. The ratings would be phenomenal!
LOL, just kidding. It is kinda fun to think about, though....

Obviously the man has been a bounty hunter for a while now-he apparently has some sources. This is a given in his line of work. He also founded a LAW SCHOOL and completed HIS JD, which says he is not just some dumb schmuck off the streets putting in his 2 cents worth. And I must most respectfully disagree that you must consider the source to KNOW if it reliable. Even the lowest criminal scum CAN be providing reliable information to LE although they themselves are UNRELIABLE. If not, then all the scuzzy "informants" that the police have would not count for squat.

Are you saying you wouldn't want to know if the source of information was a criminal so you could gauge for yourself how reliable that source might be? I've seen it all the time in court, with the defense attacking a witness because they had a criminal record and the prosecution arguing that not all witnesses in criminal cases are Sunday School teachers because sometimes it's the criminals that have the contacts to know what happened in a crime.

I'd rather see everyone here at least citing LP's background and experiences as reasons for believing or not believing than arguing he should be believed because he's a nice guy.

But, yes, I would always want to at least know if something is based on actual evidence provided by a knowledgable source or simply a theory. And I'd want some information on the source so I can make a decision on whether I believe it's reliable or not.

I love Leonard Padilla. I think he is a very sweet, smart, endearing, caring gentleman. He's a straight shooter and man enough to admit when he was wrong. If we had more Leonard Padillas, this world would be a much better place. Three cheers for Leonard! :clap::clap::clap:

Well said, Gardenhart. No, I don't care for his involvement in this case, I don't trust his involvement with Larry Garrison, where he came up with 50K to pay for the bond is a complete mystery to me, since just last year he had property seized by the IRS, the tactics he used in his mayoral run last year were among the sleaziest I've heard of recently and his bailing KC was just wrong. I'm very concerned about Tim Miller's involvement with him - this is not going to reflect well on Equusearch.
Tim Miller and Equusearch only stand to benefit from LP as we have already seen happen. TES and Tim Miller partnering with LP is serving the purpose of creating the largest search for a missing person EVER! How does this reflect badly on TES?! I don't see your point.

I don't think that having property seized by the IRS is in any way indicative of his intentions on this case. Where he makes or how he chooses to spend his money is not our business either. (I know plenty of really great people who have lost property to the IRS...so seriously...how is this even an issue?) Nor is the way he ran his campaign (I have seen some of the sleeziest campaign tactics the past few weeks alone...and that was in the upper crust of our government!). These things happen to people across the board and IMO have no place even being mentioned here.

Before this case I had never heard of LP. I was skeptical of his method and thought we had seen the end of him when Casey went back to jail. He seems to throw his speculations out there on NG, but i take them as speculations. I wondered if NG show has a contract with him for X amount of appearances, which is why we keep hearing new tidbits?

but LP remains a central figure in this case and he is instrumental in organizing/raising funds for TES this weekend. That's not a bad thing. I hope they find Caylee this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup