Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
amy minsky @amyminsky · 3m 3 minutes ago
Jury is back in after the afternoon break. Dr. Allard will continue going her report following meetings with #Magnotta and reading his files

amy minsky @amyminsky · 1m 1 minute ago
Allard is still on the report from Talbot, who saw #Magnotta at the Rivière-des-Prairies detention centre.

amy minsky @amyminsky · 40s 40 seconds ago
#Magnotta didn't see a psychiatrist from August 2012 until Nov. 2012 when he asked to see a doctor re: his medications.

amy minsky @amyminsky · 5m 5 minutes ago
Talbot wrote he didn't change #magnotta's medications despite complaints, and the prisoner subsequently requested a different doctor.

Oh so at what point did the voices tell him to put out a trailer to the murder video? He self promoted and premeditated the video,he's full of s"" if he now claims the "voices" made him snap.

Has the jury seen the trailer information? I can't remember reading any tweets about it.

That's BS! The voices told him that so he killed JL as an act of self defence... Ok if it ended there and LM ran out of there and continued on in paranoid psychosis ok, but that's clearly NOT what happened...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. And he videotaped and uploaded the destruction because?.....

What a crock. Just that lying attempt at an explanation indicates to me that he was fully aware of what he was doing. And as you've said, if he thought his life was in danger why didn't he run out of there screaming for police when he had "taken down" his enemy? He clearly remembers how he actually killed JL, the only thing that's not on tape, so he was in no psychosis.

Oh and were the two of them doing Temazepam as a recreational bondage drug?

Among other things, LM is a lying liar who lies. :mad:

MOO

Sorry peeps, the tweets have all slowed down or stopped completely; I don't know why.

After cutting the victim’s throat, the voices told him to "give it back," and Magnotta said he took that as a sign to send body parts to political parties.

In his sessions with Allard, Magnotta couldn’t explain why he chose to send packages to Vancouver schools, but he said he thinks it’s because he and Lin had talked about that city.

Magnotta reported he did not remember the specific names he chose or how he found the return addresses, but they simply "popped into his head.". . .

Posting the edited video showing parts of the crime online was done to scare the voices away, Magnotta said.

The accused also told the psychiatrist he didn’t sleep for more than 36 hours, as he threw things out, booked a flight to Paris and ordered a pizza.

The days following the killing, as Magnotta moved from Montreal to Paris to Berlin, were dominated by anxiety and confusion, Allard reported he said.

When he saw his photo in a newspaper report at the internet cafe where he was later arrested, he reported feeling like he was blacking out.

"I felt I was inside another person’s body," Magnotta said to Allard.

The report concludes Magnotta was in a psychotic state when he committed the crime, and notes that at the time, he hadn’t been taking antipsychotic medication for almost two years.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...im-forcing-him-to-kill-psychiatrist-1.2830196

How on earth is he going to explain the trailer, the posts advertising the video before it was actually made, the things he bought in advance to carry out his plan etc eg. power tools, boxes? He's definitely going to be found guilty if this is the best he can come up with.

Oh, and don't forget the posts he made before the murder calling himself a "serial killer" and necrophiliac. And the e-mail to the Sun journalist saying that the next video he made would be of a person, not just kittens.

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 5m 5 minutes ago
Allard still plodding through her report on #Magnotta. About half way through.

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 2m 2 minutes ago
Between Sept 2007 and Oct. 2010, #magnotta filed six complaints with Toronto police saying he was victim of various things: death threats

#Magnotta said he was victim of article published in newspaper that he was dating killer Karla Homolka

#magnotta told Toronto police that he got phone message by someone looking for sex who ended msg with "Heil Hitler"

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 3 seconds ago
#Magnotta told police he got calls from someone using homophobic slurs and saying he would be stabbed one day

amy minsky @amyminsky · 1m 1 minute ago
Allard now going through a series of complaints #Magnotta filed with Toronto police. September '07. July, Dec & Nov '09. Jan, Aug & Oct. '10

Allard says the 6 complaints filed by #Magnotta cld have stemmed from his sex work life, which was high risk

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 55s 56 seconds ago
Allard notes recurring theme that #Magnotta felt harassed, worried about his clients, and that's when he would call police to complain

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 1m 1 minute ago
#Magnotta claimed to have been sexually assaulted by two men while he was on trip to Paris in Oct. 2010.

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 1m 1 minute ago
That's it for today in #Magnotta. Will be back tomorrow at 9:30

salimah shivji @salimah_shivji · 12s 12 seconds ago
#Magnotta wraps for day, Dr. Allard back tomorrow morning. She's described only slightly more than half of her 127-page report.
#cbcmtl

So the Toronto Police had 6 complaints from him? I wonder if Dr Allard had the reports or just his word? I assume she had the reports?

It appears that he definitely has schizophrenia but I don't think it had anything to do with his online games and the eventual murder video. I do think he's using it as an excuse and I think he's done it in the past to get out of things. I also think he exaggerates a lot of his symptoms for "secondary gain". He knows when to use it and when not to depending on what he wants. He's in total control.

MOO

He advertised the video before he made it, even uploaded a trailer so there's NO way he can say it was a spur of the moment thing.

Enjoy your LWOP, Kluka
:jail:

Did I read something in there that he had always worn the wig since moving to this apt? I guess he knew from watching online that LE were looking for him regarding the cat videos? Did we hear what name he used to rent that apt?

MOO

uhm.
he posted the video to scare away the voices?? if this wasnt such a serious case, it would be hilarious.
and!
he didnt sleep for 36 hours as he was busy throwing stuff out and ORDERING PIZZA? now luckily I dont have any personal experience, but if I had to clean up and disappear after a murder, the last thing in my mind would be food i guess. [emoji37]
or did the voices order the pizza?

anyway I dont believe it. he is a manipulator IMO.

thank you all for the updates!

Now we know why LeClair wanted to show JL as being into bondage. Funny how the defense did not have this doctor examine LM and his records until Jan 2014. So no detective was permitted to question him about any of this any sooner?

I'd have to believe if LM place an ad on Craigslist the day before the murder, LE would have found it on his computer. Don't you need an account on Craigslist? Even under an alias they would have been able to pull it from his history.

So how did he meet mystery man the week before?

MOO

How about those "random" names and how he doesn't know how he got their addresses, or the addresses to mail the body parts to.

:gaah:

uhm.
he posted the video to scare away the voices?? if this wasnt such a serious case, it would be hilarious.
and!
he didnt sleep for 36 hours as he was busy throwing stuff out and ORDERING PIZZA? now luckily I dont have any personal experience, but if I had to clean up and disappear after a murder, the last thing in my mind would be food i guess. [emoji37]
or did the voices order the pizza?

anyway I dont believe it. he is a manipulator IMO.

thank you all for the updates!

Yeah but he didn't post the video to scare away the voices until he had edited and added an American Psycho soundtrack. That he had downloaded before the murder. SMH

MOO

Has the jury seen the trailer information? I can't remember reading any tweets about it.

I don't think so. There's a lot of highly incriminating information online but none of that has been mentioned.

Posts like these make me firmly believe he knew what he was doing was wrong:

by anonymousgirl4 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:05 am

Firstly , dont worry I am NOT posting graphic details or links to the video, I am just curious as to what would possess somebody to do this type of crime? There is a video of a guy around aged 20 from San Fransisco, he apparently made real snuff films that depict cannabilisim and necrophilia along with the murder. I am doing research on this and I would VERY much appreciate any and all the advice and help you could give me. Is he a psychopath or Anti Social or what? I know we dont have a lot of details but based on the crime its self. Thanks in advance.

(From http://www.psychforums.com/antisocial-personality/topic89464.html )

It also makes me believe he was working on his "Plan B" (NCR if caught) before the murder too. I would love to see his search history.

I don't think he was planning on a NCR defence, I think he thought he was too clever to be caught. And I think he planned on becoming a serial killer.

Then I think that the stress of being arrested actually sent him into a psychotic episode, whereas he seem to be functioning well and not showing symptoms prior to his arrest. I don't think he's clever enough to have faked the symptoms well enough to fool all those doctors and nurses immediately after his arrest.

I think he had a **** childhood and he was afflicted with a horrible, cruel mental illness, but he CHOSE to become a cold-blooded murderer and now it's time for for him to be punished for it.

Jmo

No way, dude. Mentally ill, I buy. Messed up childhood, I buy that too. But no. The voices didn't magically appear one night, telling you to kill someone that you were advertising you were going to kill. And then they called for pizza? Um...okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow