Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a crock! He planned this murder months ahead of time and created an ad for it online.He wanted to be famous for doing it. GMAFB please.

At least you said please.:happydance:

Even though they probably didn't see the trailer or much about his online activities I will be very surprised if the jury falls for this. :jail:

Here's Christie's take on today,
The telltale symptoms by now are well-known to this judge and jury — rapid delivery of information, sudden flip-flopping from topic to topic, robotic voice.

These are some of the classic signs of psychosis, and there they were, plain as the nose on your face, showing themselves in none other than Marie-Frederique Allard, the forensic psychiatrist in the witness stand at the murder trial of Luka Magnotta.
Now if it’s a bit mischievous to attribute to Allard the same signs she saw with hindsight in Magnotta’s voluminous health records, it’s nonetheless fair game: Psychiatry, after all, is surely a bit of a voodoo science.
In other words, garbage in, garbage out. But don’t they all do that, to some degree? And since psychiatry so depends on the self-report, and Luka Magnotta can spin a tale like nobody’s business, how much isn’t garbage?
http://www.canada.com/Blatchford+voodoo+science+make+sense+Magnotta/10370043/story.html

Lin drank some wine, and Magnotta said he shared a couple of his temazepam anti-anxiety pills, at Lin’s request.
From: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...im-forcing-him-to-kill-psychiatrist-1.2830196
And
Feeling increasingly anxious, Magnotta dissolved a tablet of the sleeping aid Temazepam in his own glass of wine.

Lin then asked for some, so Magnotta took out another “two or three” tablets.
(bbm)
From: http://globalnews.ca/news/1663668/witness-reveals-magnottas-version-of-events-leading-up-to-killing/

Hopefully this BS raises some suspicion. He is a liar. Traces of Temazepam were found in the wine BOTTLE. He spiked the BOTTLE of wine, he didn't hand the drug over to his victim by request.

As for the jury never seeing the "trailer"... I wonder if LE dropped an entire carton of eggs (nevermind balls), or if Leclair got this thrown out? That "trailer" alone proves his account of the night is FALSE.

I don't want to say this, but I am getting worried that the jury will find him NCR. Hopefully they could see through his lies and find him guilty... Richard Kachkar comes into mind when I think of NCR Cases, but in those cases, you can tell there was no premediation. Here, there definitely was. I have no doubt Magnotta is seriously ill (I wonder if his bad childhood triggered his schizophrenia early), but I don't think he was NCR in this crime.

So let me get this straight. The defense waits until all the discovery is in, speaks with their client about the evidence against him, and then sends in a forensic psychiatrist who finally gets him to talk about the night JL was murdered? And he has an explanation for all the evidence against him. So then they decide to go for the NCR defense because this "expert" is going to state unequivocally that he is NCR for this crime based on absolutely no knowledge of his state of mind at the time. Is this for real or is this jury being punk'd? He comes up with this story a full 18 months after his arrest? When he knows all the evidence against him? Luka Magnotta, the king of lying liars?

Whoops...screwed up with the Temazepam sharing there didn't you LM. A new recreational drug for a night of hot bondage sex. A few SLEEPING PILLS!! That ought to get you all in the mood. JL was a 33yr old gay male. Pretty sure he wouldn't have been anxious about any encounter, especially with a guy half his size. Also pretty sure he would have been able to fend him off if he were conscious. But the Temazepam was in the BOTTLE though, remember LM? Oh you forgot because you were so far gone in your psychotic state that some details are sketchy? GMAFB

MOO

ETA: And WHERE did he get the Temazepam?!? He couldn't get it from either of the doctor's he saw in Montreal. Or did he get it from the one at the hospital?

I don't want to say this, but I am getting worried that the jury will find him NCR. Hopefully they could see through his lies and find him guilty... Richard Kachkar comes into mind when I think of NCR Cases, but in those cases, you can tell there was no premediation. Here, there definitely was. I have no doubt Magnotta is seriously ill (I wonder if his bad childhood triggered his schizophrenia early), but I don't think he was guilty in this crime.

If this jury does find him NCR, it's because they were not given all of the evidence of who this person is and what he's about. Doesn't seem right that all of his medical records can be brought in but not his internet records. Then again, because he was using VPN and probably wiping clean the history in his computer frequently, and it was an old computer with probably not much space and those files may have been overwritten constantly, perhaps they couldn't find much on it?

But if the jury are not allowed to see the evidence of a clear plan for this murder with the uploading of the trailer and the other posts about it in the weeks prior to the murder, for whatever ridiculous reason, I can see them going with an NCR verdict in this case. They just don't have the benefit of knowing what so many others do about LM. The cat killing videos, the Karla stalking and all the other online posts that don't directly tie into this murder will not be shown. Especially if there is no clear cut indication that it was him because they couldn't find the evidence on his computers.

MOO

If this jury does find him NCR, it's because they were not given all of the evidence of who this person is and what he's about. Doesn't seem right that all of his medical records can be brought in but not his internet records. Then again, because he was using VPN and probably wiping clean the history in his computer frequently, and it was an old computer with probably not much space and those files may have been overwritten constantly, perhaps they couldn't find much on it?

But if the jury are not allowed to see the evidence of a clear plan for this murder with the uploading of the trailer and the other posts about it in the weeks prior to the murder, for whatever ridiculous reason, I can see them going with an NCR verdict in this case. They just don't have the benefit of knowing what so many others do about LM. The cat killing videos, the Karla stalking and all the other online posts that don't directly tie into this murder will not be shown. Especially if there is no clear cut indication that it was him because they couldn't find the evidence on his computers.

MOO

Yeah, that may be the case. The jury will have to go through much deliberation in order to come to the verdict. I'm certain if they had access to the internet records, it would definitely go into the crown's favor. I also wonder what JL's father is thinking, hearing all of LM's medical history and this medical report.

Another thing about the computers, I wonder why the police could never find that craiglist ad. That least now, we know how LM and JL had met.

The craigslist ad... I think they DID find it. Heck, I think it has been posted somewhere here on this forum too, amongst the suspected ads. For one reason or another, this 'evidence' was probably thrown out, most likely because they could not prove that it was Magnotta due to his VPN use. MOO.

Yeah, that may be the case. The jury will have to go through much deliberation in order to come to the verdict. I'm certain if they had access to the internet records, it would definitely go into the crown's favor. I also wonder what JL's father is thinking, hearing all of LM's medical history and this medical report.

Another thing about the computers, I wonder why the police could never find that craiglist ad. That least now, we know how LM and JL had met.

Because he probably lied about it. I would think that evidence would have been found on both of their computers to tie them together. Apparently it wasn't. :dunno:

MOO

The jury must have seen the trailer, surely?? Just the trailer alone and the fact that it was uploaded BEFORE the murder is all they need to see through LM's lies.

Also, the fact that he edited Mystery Man into the video to make it look like his victim was alive and struggling - the fact he held a saw over mystery man...
Actually, Mystery Man will work in favour of the defence won't he!! The defence can claim that LM did consensual bondage and role-playing with restraints, cameras, electric saws and drugs before, and it just went horribly wrong with JL when LM became paranoid and delusional.

I've got to admit, if it weren't for the trailer and the internet postings I think I'd be leaning towards NCR myself. The jury MUST have seen it surely!!

Her 127-page report paints a picture of a lost soul, raised by an alcoholic schizophrenic father and abusive mother, who went on and off medication to try to calm the incessant voices in his head. He was terrified of getting fat and tried to kill himself twice in adolescence. . .
“He is often impulsive, going on vacation with minimal planning such as his recent trip to London,” the report from the Jewish General said. “He compulsively pulls his hair out of his scalp and has bald spots as a result.

“He puts the hair balls in his mouth but does not swallow them.” . . .
A week later, on March 25, he was readmitted for another two weeks and told hospital staff that he felt “all alone in the world” and the hospital was the “only place where people actually care about him.”
--Sue Montgomery
http://montrealgazette.com/news/que...-paranoid-schizophrenic-decade-before-killing

Right, if anyone is on twitter, could you please tweet one of the reporters who's been following the trial and ask if the jury has seen the trailer and the internet posts advertising the video BEFORE the murder?

ETA I'm sure we're just worrying about nothing. Even IF the court hasn't heard about the trailer yet, I'm sure the prosecution will bring it up in cross-examination! I wonder if Allard has an excuse ready... I can't think of one that the court would buy.

:jail:

TRIAL CONTINUES - TUESDAY 11 NOVEMBER, 2014

No link because I don't know who'll be tweeting the trial.

Quoted from Rayemonde:

Right, if anyone is on twitter, could you please tweet one of the reporters who's been following the trial and ask if the jury has seen the trailer and the internet posts advertising the video BEFORE the murder?

Yes, I'll do it later today. I'll be out all morning and early afternoon. :)

I don't want to say this, but I am getting worried that the jury will find him NCR. Hopefully they could see through his lies and find him guilty... Richard Kachkar comes into mind when I think of NCR Cases, but in those cases, you can tell there was no premediation. Here, there definitely was. I have no doubt Magnotta is seriously ill (I wonder if his bad childhood triggered his schizophrenia early), but I don't think he was NCR in this crime.

I've been worrying about this too, as we've seen a lot of online evidence the jury haven't.

The only thing they've seen that shows this was premeditated would be the evidence from Alex West. Other things like the CCTV footage and the testimony of those he spent time with after the murder don't really fit with his FBI story. He seemed composed, organised, had no problems going out in public or meeting with strangers.

Really hoping the lack of online evidence won't affect the outcome.

A question presents itself to me all the time: When LM has bought the boxes, with whom he has sent the parts?
Before or after the murder? I've read that he has exchanged two (?), because they were too small .....
Had he bought before, also contradicts the story of the "voices".
it is still my opinion that he is indeed mentally ill, but still fully responsible for his crime, he knew exactly what he was doing :mad:

If Jun Lin was sent to assassinate LM, why do we see LM opening the front door for Jun Lin:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/1...izophrenic-in-2002-planned-suicide-jury-hears

at this time LM not yet knew , that JL was an "evil friend of the enemy" ........
just the "black car" in front of the house told him (over "his voices") that JL is dangerous for him :scared::panic:

LM should have been better a book author of confusing science fiction stories :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties