Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Magnotta panicked, thinking Jun was some FBI agent or whatever, why didn't he RUN out of there and seek help/protection? Heck, even drugging him first THEN running out (with a still alive Jun sleeping in his apartment) I could understand. But when he gets to the videotaping/editing video, dismembering, mailing of parts, ordering pizza... his story does not make sense, especially not with the evidence we did see. We saw a cool, calm, collected guy who did NOT care about ALL THE CAMERAS (that actually WERE watching him) go about his business. Calmly.

Do I think he is mentally ill? Absolutely. In my non-professional opinion, I would say he is a paranoid schizophrenic, and has borderline personality disorder. He seems to be a "classic case" of both, and that is one unfortunate combination.
Do I think he is criminally responsible? Absolutely. I do not believe his story about what happened on that night. The fact that he claims they were putting the temazepam in glasses (when evidence showed that it was in a bottle, not a glass) is a major, obvious inconsistency in his story. Not to mention all the footage of him after the murder, the accounts of people who said he was acting normal, not paranoid or upset... etc.
Will the jury think he is NCR or guilty? It could go either way. It isn't a sure thing, it really is up to interpretation.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 5m5 minutes ago
Back in the courtroom today for the 26th day of the #Magnotta trial. Waiting for the jury to come in.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 6m6 minutes ago
Judge has arrived, legal housecleaning first. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
I am back in #Magnotta. We are on day 26 and it feels like it...

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 8m8 minutes ago
Jury is here. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 7m7 minutes ago
#Magnotta trial - Day 26 starts now. #CJAD

Psychiatrist Dr. Marie-Frédérique Allard is still on the stand. She evaluated his criminal responsibility in the case. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 7m7 minutes ago
Jury has arrived in #Magnotta and psychiatrist Marie-Frédérique Allard is back on the stand going over medical records

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 5m5 minutes ago
We're about half-way through Allard's report, compiled of records from psychs & hospitals, police, lawyers, & her meetings with #Magnotta.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 5m5 minutes ago
Consultation with lawyer Romeo Salta ((sp?)on online video during Jan. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4m4 minutes ago
In January 2011 #Magnotta wrote to a lawyer re calling 911 after Manny trying to kidnap him

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 3m3 minutes ago
#Magnotta accuses Manny of raping him, taking him to Miami, forcing him to drink Gatorade that made him pass out

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 3m3 minutes ago
This portion of the report has correspondence #Magnotta wrote to a lawyer in 2011, around the time he was hospitalized in Miami.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 4m4 minutes ago
Email Jan 21, 2001: #Magnotta explained that Manny brought him FROM Manhattan. Said no one took his complaints seriously, was raped again.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 3m3 minutes ago
Said was drugged, found himself on beach, pain in anal area, called 911, said cops didn't take him seriously. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
Police took #magnotta to Mount Sinai Hospital but wasn't taken seriously and placed in psych ward for 24 hours

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
When saw cops, said was victimized twice, raped, filed complaint at hospital and police station, complained no one believed him. #Magnotta

#Magnotta filed complaint with hospital saying he was victimized twice because no one believed him. This guy is dangerous, he said re Manny

#Magnotta said he had photos to back his story and hoped police would be held responsible

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
#Magnotta was upset Miami hospital kept him in the psych ward for 24 hrs even though he said he was drugged & raped, had no psych problems.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
Last emails with NY lawyerJan 25. Said was in NJ, everything calm. #Magnotta

#Magnotta wrote to NY lawyer again Jan 25, 2011 and said he was staying away from dangerous people and hoped to live quiet life as poss

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 56s56 seconds ago
Next exchanges with lawyer Craig Penney. #Magnotta

#Magnotta wrote to another lawyer re ex named Ron, who was "abusive, liar, cheating, harassing my mother, stalking me"

Manny was a US client who wanted #Magnotta to kill kittens. threatened to kill Magnotta if he didn't kill cats

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1m 1 minute ago
Jan 2011, #Magnotta wrote lawyer about kitten killer video article online.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 2m 2 minutes ago
Also described abuse #Magnotta suffered at hands of ex Manny.

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 3m 3 minutes ago
#Magnotta said Manny stabbed him with pencil and pen, cut him with a knife because he wouldn't kiss his feet, held head in bucket of water

#Magnotta said Manny forced him to have sex with his puppy and numerous cats, wrapped his body in plastic wrap, insulted him.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 57s 58 seconds ago
Violent assaults, sexual abuse, psychological abuse, insults, forced him into sex with others. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 41s 42 seconds ago
#magnotta forced to brush Manny's teeth, Manny told him he knew detectives who would hunt him down and kill him if he left

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 50s51 seconds ago
Manny said if #Magnotta didn't stare into his eyes as they had sex, he would cut off his eyelids; if didn't wear right cologne, eat soap

If #Magnotta didn't call Manny master, was forced to sit in dark closet with plastic bag over his head. Forced to wear women's clothes

Next school records of #Magnotta.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 47s48 seconds ago
Toronto District School Board, 1995, 7th grade. #Magnotta

Now we're going back to #Magnotta's school records. Was home schooled until 10 years old. Eager to learn once went to school in G 6

Evaluated by pysch: home schooled, teachers said was conscientious, motivated, difficult to take risks, make decisions. #Magnotta

Teachers said #Magnotta kept away from other students, more comfortable with girls.

#Magnotta had a hard time making decisions. Difficulty spelling and writing. impulsive when under stress

#Magnotta: good cognitive skills,but difficulty making day-to-day decisions.

#Magnotta: impulsive under stress, prone to making immature judgement calls.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 49s50 seconds ago
1998 school report: #Magnotta compared himself to other students, delayed in spelling and language development.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 59s60 seconds ago
#Magnotta: evolution in schooling. 15,16 yrs old: works hard, good participation & attitude, better interpersonal relationships.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 50s50 seconds ago
Allard; we see #Magnotta was participating and eager to learn. No glaring behaviour problems.

Allard: school records give us an idea of the evolution of a person, how teachers perceived their behaviours and attitudes. #Magnotta

What did you do then? When do evaluation, talk about psych, med past, rare to have chance to look at school records. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 2m 2 minutes ago
Witness says asked about #Magnotta personal history, childhood.

Personal history #Magnotta: born Eric Kirk Newman in TO, oldest of 5 kids.

And his personal history again. Parents married as teens; had 3 kids with #magnotta the eldest, but born Eric Newman

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 54s54 seconds ago
Now going through #Magnotta's personal history, Allard says he told her some things she couldn't corroborate w/ outside sources.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 58s59 seconds ago
#Magnotta lived mostly with mom and grandmom,said mom had lots of problems, abused brother.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 34s35 seconds ago
#Magnotta told witness mom was worried about germs and cleanliness, wore gloves, kids couldn't go out to play.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 34s34 seconds ago
On brother Conrad: instability probs, kicked out of house, probs with alcohol. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 51s51 seconds ago
#Magnotta told witness he was also victim of abuse by mom, made him wear dirty diapers, sexually touched him.

#magnotta said his mother abused him too. Put him in dirty diapers until he was 7

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 56s56 seconds ago
#magnotta told Allard his mother abused his younger brother (Luka is oldest of three). Tied him to chair, wouldn't let him eat at table.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 40s40 seconds ago
#Magnotta told witness when he was 8, they had pet rabbits but mom made them get rid of them and they died outside in the cold.

They had 5 rabbits when #Magnotta was 8. Mother put them outside and they froze to death.

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 1m1 minute ago
Allard mentions story #Magnotta told about pet rabbits dying in the cold, but says she couldn't confirm the story elsewhere.

#Magnotta claimed to be closer to his sister, Melissa and said she always tried to make everybody happy. But they she was 2-faced

#Magnotta told witness family moved to Bethany. Relationship with sister: close but later on called her double faced.

Witness says #Magnotta told her about parent's divorce. Kids went to live with mom, he kept in contact with dad.

#Magnotta felt betrayed by his sister several times. Parents divorced when he was 13. Mother could be nice but then change in a moment

Relationship with parents: #Magnotta confused about feelings for mom because sometimes she was nice, sometimes not.

Father never abused the kids but never defended them either, #magnotta told psych. Moved in with paternal gparents in TO

When moved to Peterborough, #Magnotta said they started going to regular school.

#Magnotta said kids laughed at him because he dressed differently, was skinny frail kid.

#magnotta said he never had friends because he didn't know how to make friends. Dressed differently. Gma dressed him like a girl

#Magnotta made one friend, handicapped girl, who was also isolated. Dropped out in 11th grade.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 51s52 seconds ago
Previous med reports said this may have links to his mental illness. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 28s29 seconds ago
#Magnotta thought his illness had something to do with him quitting school. Father always found it odd that kids were homeschooled

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 44s45 seconds ago
More on parents: they met when they were young, #Magnotta thought they were a weird match.

#Magnotta thought mom started seeing other men, asked for divorce.

Grandmother, Phyllis, was one of most important people in #magnotta's life. Was like his mother

After divorce, kids went to live with mom. She met new bf Leo Belanger. Found life difficult with them. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 24s 25 seconds ago
#Magnotta was abused physically and sexually by his step father, esp when he drank.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 46s47 seconds ago
#Magnotta told witness mom's new bf was violent, abusive, sexually abused him. Angry, didn't understand why mom didn't do anything to help.

#magnotta didn't understand why his mother didn't do anything about it. He was 13 or 14 and always anxious

Judge wants to discuss something with lawyers. Jury leaves. #Magnotta

We're taking a break. #Magnotta

Hard to believe they can get all this evidence in with one "expert". The prosecution could never do this. Which is just one more thing wrong with the system.

Seems to me that me gets "manic" for lack of a better word, around the times when he's going to be called out for something illegal he's done. He goes into overdrive trying to cover his tracks. He doesn't have these "episodes" before he does things, or during...only after. That should be telling. The rest of the time he's just generally an "odd duck".

MOO

Seriously, what is up with all this alleged sexual abuse. From childhood up until adulthood. I choose to believe him about this (some of it, anyway... until proven otherwise, this isn't what he is on trial for, after all) because abuse victims are often not believed... but I am still left scratching my head about it. His entire life seems to have revolved around sexual abuse and sexual exploitation, with him as both victim and abuser.

WHAT THE :censored: ???!?!?!

Seriously, what is up with all this alleged sexual abuse. From childhood up until adulthood. I choose to believe him about this (some of it, anyway... until proven otherwise, this isn't what he is on trial for, after all) because abuse victims are often not believed... but I am still left scratching my head about it. His entire life seems to have revolved around sexual abuse and sexual exploitation, with him as both victim and abuser.

WHAT THE :censored: ???!?!?!

I know. I mentioned that earlier. And this is technically a sexually driven crime. So why didn't the "expert" or any of the other doctors he saw over the years flag this constant sexual abuse talk and try to work on it with him? It doesn't appear that he received any psychiatric help other than prescribed medication. It appears that the doctors just let him ramble about things that may have been real or not and then drugged him up. Where was the family counselling? The attempts to rehabilitate him? Who worked with him in the group home and where are those records? I guess no one believed any of it? I'm sure all the people he accused were questioned about all this?

MOO

Jury sent letter to judge asking if they could have 2 minutes of silence to themselves at 11 am to remember,for Remembrance Day. #Magnotta

2db5szs.png

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 8m8 minutes ago
SO we're back after 11:02. #Magnotta

Jury and everyone else is back. #Magnotta

Judge says at the jury's request will observe two minutes of silence. #Magnotta

#Magnotta sitting up for this.

At the jury's request, we observed two minutes of silence in court. #Magnotta remained standing, hands clasped behind his back, head bowed.

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
#Magnotta jury asked to observe 2 minutes of silence to mark Remembrance Day. We're now back to more testimony from Dr. Allard. #cbcmtl

I do believe there was sexual abuse in his life.I almost feel like there had to have been.But definitely not to the extend he alleges,yet I feel since whatever really happened was never taken seriously so he spend the rest of his life making these allegations.I can very well imagine part of the crime was revenge of his abuse.I always feel like he sees the rest of the world as sick and he mimicked what he feels like the world is like.
IMO JunLin was such a sweet guy ,he just got out of a serious relationship so he was looking for a little wild adventure and LM hated him for it.The same hate love relationship he has with himself.It was definitely not a passionate crime of someone who "enjoys" sex and murder,it was calculated ,robotic,like he was disgusted himself but something he had to do,the bad actor doing it for the audience since his devastating good looks where not enough to make him famous and loved IMO

Well......................
I agree with the posters who thinks hes ill,but also guilty!!As for his constant refrences to sexual abuse/exploitation I think a lot of it is his own sick stories,he thrives off it.Pretty sure,if I remembered correctly that the kitten videos,he was alone,or seemed to be in all of them,but I think there was someone else present in the snake one??

Anyways,regaurdless,hes one sick minded person,along with being ill it seems.Theres just no getting away from the fact he advertised the fact he was going to kill someone,actually drummed up attention for it.

*hyped up the video before was even made,more than once
*made an actual trailer
*edited the video before uploading

I could go on but you all know the facts,shame at this point the jury don't!!

#Magnotta told witness started hearing voices at end of his teen years, voices like "on the radio." "People were putting voices in my head."

Witness says people who hear these voices look for reasons why, where they come from. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 43s44 seconds ago
Defence says #Magnotta wanted to go in his head and stop the voices? Witness says yes, when it gets to be too much, wants it stopped.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 52s52 seconds ago
Allard is now going through the development of #Magnotta's symptoms of schizophrenia, much of what we heard in yst's reports.

Allard: #Magnotta told her he would hit his head against the wall to try to stop the voices. Says his symptoms, reaction are commonly seen.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 23s24 seconds ago
#Magnotta started to be afraid of government for several years.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 58s59 seconds ago
Witness says that fear there since his illness began. #Magnotta

When #Magnotta in group home, called CSIS regularly.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 47s48 seconds ago
#Magnotta researched two well known spies,Robert Hanssen and Aldrich Ames.Later convinced govnt was spying on him.Changed cell phones a lot.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 48s49 seconds ago
Frequent? To read about these spies and then believe you're being spied on? #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 57s57 seconds ago
Witness says there are themes of delirium that keep coming back. #Magnotta

#Magnotta was afraid of govt. Since his early 20s, thought he was being spied on but got worse in mid-2000s when he was researching 2 spies.

Then in '06 and '07, #Magnotta started researching two spies and became convinced he was being spies on. Meds helped some, not at all times.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
Leclair asked when #Magnotta began fearing the government was watching him. Allard says he told her almost since he started becoming ill.

Witness says paranoiac episodes can return, stems from fears, lead to such behaviour. #Magnotta

When talked about Hanssen, remember that interview? #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 44s45 seconds ago
Witness says #Magnotta believed govnt researched him because of events.

Witness says govnt doesn't spy on him now but did in the past. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 54s54 seconds ago
Witness says delirium is part of the lives of schizophrenics, part of memory. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 4m4 minutes ago
Allard says #Magnotta doesn't have much insight into his fear gov't spied on him. But even in 2014, he still believes it's part of his past.

Witness says it can evolve over the years, change themes. #Magnotta

On #Magnotta unstable home life, sexuality and how #Magnotta got into escort business.

Okay are we finally going to get some answers about the sexually charged delusions now?

[QUOTE,robotic,like he was disgusted himself but something he had to do,the bad actor doing it for the audience][/QUOTE]

That applies to everytime he been on camera,from the reality shows to his 'adult' vids!!

#Magnotta had made 4 or 5 *advertiser censored* videos while in TO, witness said in report.

Witness says it describes how #Magnotta always was a film fan, re: *advertiser censored* videos.

Witness says #Magnotta started doing escort work and making money but also getting attention, spoiled by people, felt like being a somebody.

Witness says #Magnotta didn't want to be like family or like dad suffering from mental illness.

Witness says #Magnotta went to great lengths to hide his mental illness from family and clients.

On prostitution: witness says #Magnotta described between 2007-2010, moved around, changed cell phones, believed clients harassed him.

Witness says #Magnotta told her clients threatened him, were after him, took on pseudonym for work.

On frequent travels: witness says #Magnotta told her he was sexually assaulted by client in Paris.

Compatible? Travel and schizophrenia? #Magnotta

Witness says #Magnotta went to Europe, NY, Cuba, Bahamas,...Depends on period of life, schizophrenics can travel.

Allard: travel & patients suffering from schizophrenic are not incompatible. It's a great myth such patients are not organized. #Magnotta

Witness says #Magnotta moved around a lot in TO, fearful of clients harassing him.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 27s27 seconds ago
Probs in TO and the Karla Homolka episode, internet rumour about him dating her. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 26s26 seconds ago
Stemmed from photo online, on many social media sites. Met Sun reporter Joe Warmington to talk about it. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 45s45 seconds ago
#Magnotta believed maybe Homolka was sending him messages, but he was the one who fed into this.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 52s52 seconds ago
Allard: At a later meeting, it was more clear, #Magnotta said he was behind the rumour. He had difficulty explaining why it was a bad idea.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 44s44 seconds ago
How explain this? Witness says #Magnotta told her it was stupid thing to do that made his life worse.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 41s41 seconds ago
#Magnotta was the one who started rumour re Karla Homolka. Said it was worst years of his life

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 33s34 seconds ago
Allard: I don't have a definitive answer for why he started that rumour. He could have wanted attention or a 'bad boy' reputation. #Magnotta

I know. I mentioned that earlier. And this is technically a sexually driven crime. So why didn't the "expert" or any of the other doctors he saw over the years flag this constant sexual abuse talk and try to work on it with him? It doesn't appear that he received any psychiatric help other than prescribed medication. It appears that the doctors just let him ramble about things that may have been real or not and then drugged him up. Where was the family counselling? The attempts to rehabilitate him? Who worked with him in the group home and where are those records? I guess no one believed any of it? I'm sure all the people he accused were questioned about all this?

MOO

It is unfortunate that this recurring theme of sexual abuse was seemingly never explored further by his doctors. Indeed, it seems like they just listened to him rant, rolled their eyes, and drugged him up. Not very good doctors, IMO. This is a MAJOR problem, and not just with Magnotta, but all sexual abuse victims. This guy, like so many others, was practically ignored by people who should have been helping him. Instead he was just given drugs and sent on his way. Whether it really happened or not, it seems he actually believed that it did. It is one thing that, according to his medical records, is consistent. That nobody tried to help, imo, is outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties