MA - 3yr. old boy accused of beating infant twin siblings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who was supposed to be supervising the 3-year old?

From local rumor or hearsay is that the mother was. That she was asleep in her room with the babies in there bassinets. He awoke in the morning going into his moms room and susposedly took the infants from there bassinets and caused them harm. While she claims to have heard nothing. Please remember that these are my thoughts, opinions, hearsay, or local rumor. As the investigation is still ongoing. And not many facts are being made public at this time.

As an early childhood educator, I can say with confidence most 3 year olds do know the difference between right and wrong, and know very well when they hurt someone.

I am not saying this child is innocent or guilty, we don't even know he is the one who has harmed anybody, just making a point that this 'special, precious' child may still have hurt someone very badly, and it should be looked into extensively. not everything is a 'he didn't know better' situation; he may need some very serious help. This fact should not be ignored simply because he is young, but given even more focused attention because of this. Adult in the room or not, it is not normal for a child to bludgeon two babies. It isn't about placing blame.

JMO.
Thanks Laece for sharing your knowledge on this issue it helps answer a few questions I had. Its just a really sad situation and not enough supported facts are known at this time.

I'm sorry Lovejac that I don't have any updates at this time. Right now everyone seems pretty tight lipped while the investigation is ongoing. I Also am praying for the sweet little babies. As soon as I hear anything on these precious children or the case I will be sure to post an update.

Thank you, Mama Bear. Those twins have been on my mind today, I have twin sons that will be 3 yo at the end of this month and a son who just turned 4 yo in April. I am so worried about the twins injuries, I will continue to pray.:blowkiss:

Thank you, Mama Bear. Those twins have been on my mind today, I have twin sons that will be 3 yo at the end of this month and a son who just turned 4 yo in April. I am so worried about the twins injuries, I will continue to pray.:blowkiss:

I feel your pain and worries regarding these babies I am praying right along with you. You must be a very busy mom. I have twin cousins that I baby sit they will be 3yrs. old at the end of June. There so cute but sure do keep ya on your toes. I really hope someone hears something soon about these babies. As I said before with the investigation still ongoing everyone seems very tight lipped right now.

From local rumor or hearsay is that the mother was. That she was asleep in her room with the babies in there bassinets. He awoke in the morning going into his moms room and susposedly took the infants from there bassinets and caused them harm. While she claims to have heard nothing. Please remember that these are my thoughts, opinions, hearsay, or local rumor. As the investigation is still ongoing. And not many facts are being made public at this time.

Hmmmm... hard to imagine the 3-year old sneaking TWO infants out, under the nose of the Mom's doze.

I'm sorry Lovejac that I don't have any updates at this time. Right now everyone seems pretty tight lipped while the investigation is ongoing. I Also am praying for the sweet little babies. As soon as I hear anything on these precious children or the case I will be sure to post an update.

My hinky meter is squealing, a bit, too, Mama. Sniff test can't sniff past a three-year old beating twin babies to death, without anyone hearing crying.

My hinky meter is squealing, a bit, too, Mama. Sniff test can't sniff past a three-year old beating twin babies to death, without anyone hearing crying.

That's my thought process as well how could this happen.

Let alone 1 baby but 2 babies and she hears nothing!

If she new he had jealousy or jealous tendances with these babies as people close to this case are saying. Why in the world did she not take precautions.

I am very suspicious of this situation as well.

Please remember that my post are only my thoughts, opinions, hearsay or local rumor. The investigation is still ongoing and not much has been made public.

I wish that I could give everyone a detailed update but the authorities, D.A., and CPS are still investigating. From my understanding the babies are still in the hospital and at least 1 is still in critical condition.The 3yr. old is in state care. Also local talk or rumor has it that law enforcement and CPS are looking to possible charge her with neglect and child endangerment. I also was told that when this happened that the state (CPS) was investigating a complaint on this mom. I am not saying by any means that everything in this post is correct or true. This is what locals or people close to the case are saying.

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you have heard. I think of these two every day and the 3 year old.

My twin boys just turned 3 April 16.

This story is so sad. I hope the babies recover fully.

OMG. How tragic. My heart goes out to all three of those babies.

Do you have anymore news you can update us with, MamaBear?

OMG. How tragic. My heart goes out to all three of those babies.

Do you have anymore news you can update us with, MamaBear?

Unfortuatly I do not have an official update or much new information to share with you all. I am sorry I do not mean to keep you all wondering. From what I gather is that the state is looking to possibly charge her with 9 different accounts. I was told by a friend of this mom that 3 counts are child neglect and 3 more counts are child endangerment. But me and this moms friend are puzzled to what the other 3 charges my be. Please remember that I am not stating any of this as fact it is my opinions, thoughts or local rumor. Unfortuatly Mass. tends to be very tight lipped with these types of things. Also the area where I live and this mom lives is hush, hush like these type of things don't happen here attitude. I keep these babies in my thoughts and prayers all the time. I wish I had an update on there condition more than anything. Also are local paper is not very good for follow up stories either. Thank-you all for your thoughts and prayers for these children.

Mama Bear thank you very much for coming back and keeping us updated. I do understand that it's just you relating what you think and have heard and I just wanted you to know..that I appreciate it very much.

Continued prayers for the children.

This is the saddest case I think I have ever heard of. I imagine that a mother to infant twins and a rambunctious 3 y/o would be really exhausted and grateful of any extra zzz's she was able to catch. I just can't blame her for this if all she did was fall asleep in bed with the babies while her older boy also slept in another room. That she could be so knackered out that she didn't hear her son accosting two babies lying beside her is strange, but probably possible. But I wonder at the child who acted this way. i agree it's not normal toddler behavior to harm two infant siblings so grievously they need ICU care. Jealousy is one thing, but this seems much darker somehow. Still, he's only three. . . I don't know.

When I was 3 or 4, my Grandma yelled at me for drawing on a sheet of her writing paper. She lived with us and was old and grouchy, and I remember that she got really angry and sent me to my room. It seemed a little excessive to me for the "crime," both then and now. But so was what I did in my own anger at her. I took my mom's manicure scissors and went into Grandma's closet and cut 3 or 4 of her dreses that were hanging up. I remember this clearly, can see myself doing it, see the fabric of the dresses and the scissors cutting cleanly through it. I knew it was wrong, that's why I was doing it. I also knew that I best not cut her fancy church dresses, and instead focused only on her older, "house" dresses. That's how I know I was culpable. I deliberatey chose the lesser of the two evils.

I'm not saying the situations are similar, because they are totally disparate. But it shows that some children at that age make decisions about inflicting harm and understand what they are doing, at least in a rudimentary way. If this kid did or not I have no way of knowing. If I were that mother, I can't fathom how she would feel at this point. If one or both of the twins dies or is permanently disabled over this, could she ever truly forgive the boy and love him as he will certainly need to be loved? I just dont know.

I have thought about this also. As a general rule, I don't know if a 3-year-old would remember this. Part of me thinks that is best. I guess a children's therapist would know how to handle it.

So much to think about and handle, regardless of the outcome. Such a sad sad thing.

respectfully snipped

SCM I was 2 1/2 when my sister was born. This time span includes some of my earliest memories.

One of those memories is of my sister sleeping a lg bassinet, (I couldn't see into it from the floor). I remember pushing a lg dressing table stool up to the bassinet, I had a toy "ray gun" in my hand, I pulled her diaper down so I could give her a shot in the bum (with the ray gun). And this is where my mom busted me. I don't remember any thought of wanting to hurt her. She needed a shot so she wouldn't get sick!! Now when my mom told the story she always claimed I was "shooting" the baby!

Anyway the reason for my reminiscing for you guys is, I think it is very likely the little boy will remember what happened, until as he matures and see's the horror of what he did and blocks it out. If the 3 y o did this I hope the parents get some counseling so they know the correct way of handling the incident with him. And in the future be prepared to get counseling for him.

Mom sleeping in the same room with the babies and the 3 y o having time to cause such grave injuries to both babies makes my hinky meter hinkle!! I can't imagine sleeping through both babies being picked up, dropped and whatever else he did to cause such serious damage.

Prayers for those precious babies.

DA conducting inquiry into beating of twins

Berkshire District Attorney David F. Capeless said his office is involved in the investigation of a child accused of harming his younger siblings, but he declined to provide any details about the case.

It sounds like the locals don't think much of the DA:

#1 "I am sure the DA's office will get to the truth."

#2 "You mean District Attorney David Careless?"

BTW Both articles in the OP's links have already been pulled!!

respectfully snipped

SCM I was 2 1/2 when my sister was born. This time span includes some of my earliest memories.

One of those memories is of my sister sleeping a lg bassinet, (I couldn't see into it from the floor). I remember pushing a lg dressing table stool up to the bassinet, I had a toy "ray gun" in my hand, I pulled her diaper down so I could give her a shot in the bum (with the ray gun). And this is where my mom busted me. I don't remember any thought of wanting to hurt her. She needed a shot so she wouldn't get sick!! Now when my mom told the story she always claimed I was "shooting" the baby!

Anyway the reason for my reminiscing for you guys is, I think it is very likely the little boy will remember what happened, until as he matures and see's the horror of what he did and blocks it out. If the 3 y o did this I hope the parents get some counseling so they know the correct way of handling the incident with him. And in the future be prepared to get counseling for him.

Mom sleeping in the same room with the babies and the 3 y o having time to cause such grave injuries to both babies makes my hinky meter hinkle!! I can't imagine sleeping through both babies being picked up, dropped and whatever else he did to cause such serious damage.

Prayers for those precious babies.

DA conducting inquiry into beating of twins

Berkshire District Attorney David F. Capeless said his office is involved in the investigation of a child accused of harming his younger siblings, but he declined to provide any details about the case.

It sounds like the locals don't think much of the DA:

#1 "I am sure the DA's office will get to the truth."

#2 "You mean District Attorney David Careless?"

BTW Both articles in the OP's links have already been pulled!!

Thank you, MMB. I have one clear memory from 6-9 months and a few from 2 years, but then the rest of them don't start until about 4/5 years. But you make a good point that he could well recall this.

Thanks for the update, MamaBear.

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ab-crime&tid=21308

3-year-old's beating of siblings probed

The incident was reported to authorities last week and is under investigation, according to Alison Goodwin, DCF's director of public affairs.
Goodwin said DCF investigators are working with Pittsfield police detectives on the case.

"We did, in fact, receive a report on this case and we are investigating," she said.

"We do have custody of all three children."

hhmmm :confused:

I wonder if it is because DCF has an on going investigation that there is no new news... :waitasec: things usually become very hush-hush once CS shows up.

When my DS was less than a month old, my husband was changing his diaper in the middle of our big ol' bed with our 20 month old DD sitting on the bed, watching. The phone rang in the kitchen, and in the time it took my hubby to get the phone and hang right up, DD had flipped DS over on his belly and was spanking him as hard as she could. Hubby says DS wasn't crying, just looking at him like, "WTF?" He asked DD what she thought she was doing, and she said, "That baby bit me daddy, and I'm not having it." We laugh about it now, many many years later. The thing is, she picked on him and picked on him forever. We told her one day he would be bigger than her and she'd be sorry. Suffice it to say, that day came and the "torture" stopped.

there is such a huge difference between a 2 yr old and a 3 yr old. My dd was 3 1/2 when my ds was born. I just can't imagine her hurting her baby brother when he was a new born. She was jealous just like all first born's are when the second one comes home. But she knew how to be gentle with him. (Until he got a little older and started messing with her toys) She was a lot of help getting things for him and winding up his swing and mobile. Much more so than she would have been when she was 1 1/2 or 2; still caught up in the saying no to everything stage.

My bff had a little boy same age as my dd, and a new baby girl same age as my ds. Her ds was a little wild man and he was extremely jealous of the baby. But still, he never tried to hurt the baby.

Younger toddlers I can understand. A 1 or 2 yr old, not able to understand that babies will break. But a 3 yr old is old enough to understand we don't pound on babies!

Bumping to see if Mama Bear has any updates on these babies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back