MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Baez was going to rent a bus for them!

I'm sure it was all his idea! Then he can say, see the jurors came to the services so they had no doubt he was innocent....

And it starts...

The latest: Hernandez’s lawyers have formally requested a dismissal of Hernandez’s conviction for the murder of Odin Lloyd while also strongly denying media reports that Hernandez had a gay lover in prison and left him a suicide note in his prison cell. Newsweek also reports that the synthetic marijuana K2 was found in Hernandez’s system at the time of his death.

A spokesman for the district attorney’s office told the Associated Press that a motion to vacate the conviction was officially filed on Tuesday and that prosecutors will oppose the motion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-...ally-asks-conviction-dismissal-180200275.html

That MAN! I just have no WORDS! (And I didn't even watch the Casey Anthony trial.)

so disgusting...so incredibly disgusting...why would any of them want to go other than curiousity to a private family funeral of a man that they know probably did the crime but the case was not proved??? I believe Baez has bottomed out with this news.

And it starts...

The latest: Hernandez’s lawyers have formally requested a dismissal of Hernandez’s conviction for the murder of Odin Lloyd while also strongly denying media reports that Hernandez had a gay lover in prison and left him a suicide note in his prison cell. Newsweek also reports that the synthetic marijuana K2 was found in Hernandez’s system at the time of his death.

A spokesman for the district attorney’s office told the Associated Press that a motion to vacate the conviction was officially filed on Tuesday and that prosecutors will oppose the motion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-...ally-asks-conviction-dismissal-180200275.html

i so hope there is a legal loophole to this archaic law and that he cannot get this removed.

Massachusetts Superior Court Judge Thomas McGuire had ordered earlier on Monday that District Attorney Joseph Early produce copies of "any suicide or other notes" that appear to have been written by Hernandez in connection with his death, according to a clerk and court documents. Hernandez killed himself in his prison cell last week, authorities said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/aa...e-orders-release-suicide-notes-family-n750246

The district attorney was allowed to redact portions of those notes that could impair any ongoing investigation, according to the judge's order.

I'm sure it was all his idea! Then he can say, see the jurors came to the services so they had no doubt he was innocent....

i want to know how many of them took him up on that??? I can't imagine going to that service as a basic stranger to the deceased.

i want to know how many of them took him up on that??? I can't imagine going to that service as a basic stranger to the deceased.

I know someone that would have went. Jmo

They have a cake in the freezer for deaths, loves a funeral. Jmo

And more and more comes out.... as I mentioned before DM is more often than not correct and in this case the atty is again the one stating this and doubt he is looking to get disbarred...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4444724/Aaron-Hernandez-asked-share-cell-prison-lover.html

So true! And I believe there are definitely leaks within the prison. If it is coming from the CO's, I wonder why or what they get in return. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to believe a lot of what is coming out!

16m
Byron Barnett‏ @Byron_Barnett
A source says jurors were invited to #AaronHernandez funeral after some called & expressed interest in attending.#

15m
Source says no jurors showed up at #AaronHernandez funeral.#7News

13m
Source says jurors called #AaronHernandez Atty office and that the atty did not call jurors.#7News

Jurors invited to the funeral. One of many things that make me go "Hmmm..." :thinking:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...aron_hernandez_s_funeral#.WP-aYufDfag.twitter

Seriously. Why would they want to go to the funeral of someone who they felt was guilty, but they didn't feel there was enough evidence to convict?

If I didn't convict someone that I felt in my gut committed a double murder, the last thing I would want to do was attend their funeral. If I did go, it would feel like gloating, which would be inappropriate.

On the other hand, if I was a juror that went in with an agenda (because I already believed in his innocence or had maybe another reason to find him not guilty) and strong armed deliberations until the other jurors felt they had no choice but to let him off, maybe I would be interested in attending.

It's a strange request.

And Baez was going to rent a bus for them!

:lol:

16m
A source says jurors were invited to #AaronHernandez funeral after some called & expressed interest in attending.#

15m

13m
Source says jurors called #AaronHernandez Atty office and that the atty did not call jurors.#7News

Commenting on my own post....why does it have to be "sources" say? I understand that's how the news works but why can't they say...a juror said etc. So annoying!

16m

15m

13m

So these people went out of their way to look up the number for Baez's law office and then Baez went out of his way to rent a bus for them that none of them used? It sounds strange to me.

If I remember right, a defense attorney is not supposed to contact the jurors without adhering to a complicated set of rules. I'm no legal expert, but I imagine that's why they're tweeting so adamantly about the jury contacting them first.

http://www.americanbar.org/publicat...azine_home/crimjust_cjmag_19_1_cjmatters.html

I hope someone contradicts this and Baez gets another bar complaint filed against him to go cry in his walk in closet over.

So these people went out of their way to look up the number for Baez's law office and then Baez went out of his way to rent a bus for them that none of them used? It sounds strange to me.

If the jury had convicted him, this sort of behavior would have gone a long way towards getting the conviction vacated.

Also if I remember right, a defense attorney is not supposed to contact the jurors without adhering to a complicated set of rules. I'm no legal expert, but I imagine that's why they're tweeting so adamantly about the jury contacting them first.

http://www.americanbar.org/publicat...azine_home/crimjust_cjmag_19_1_cjmatters.html

I hope someone contradicts this and Baez gets another bar complaint filed against him to go cry in his walk in closet over.

I was thinking the same thing!
The "source" is probably Baez!

16m

15m

13m

given we know zero about any of the jurors except the forewoman guess there could have been some fans in the jury...honestly today nothing would surprise me...I sure hope Baez did not put the offer out.

It's been my experience that deciding the fate of another human being is very intense, and stays with you forever. Celebrity or not, I don't imagine these Jurors experienced anything less. For whatever reason, Jurors seem to respect Baez in the courtroom. ... This Juror seemed to take invite in good faith.

Juror's Direct Quote:

The jury that acquitted disgraced Patriot Aaron Hernandez of a 2012 double-murder was invited to his funeral yesterday in the former NFL star’s hometown of Bristol, Conn., a juror told the Herald.

“I was invited, but I decided ultimately not to go,” said Robert Monroe, one of 12 jurors who on April 14 acquitted Hernandez of the murders of Cape Verdean immigrants Daniel de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28. Both were living in Dorchester.

“I received a message, if any of the jurors wanted to go to the Aaron Hernandez funeral, that Jose Baez would rent a bus to get us back and forth,” Monroe told the Herald today."
...."Monroe said he initially was taken aback by the invitation. But also, if Baez was behind it, he probably had good intentions.
I actually asked a bunch of my friends, should I go, and they thought it was strange. Initially I wanted to go and maybe get some closure, this whole, confusing thing ... his suicide ... I would have been out of place, I’m not family or a friend,” he said.
As for Baez, Monroe said the lawyer may have wanted to acknowledge their commitment to the case.

“If it was Jose Baez who set this whole thing up, I could see he recognized that we were in the same room with this guy (Hernandez), for about two months. That perhaps some of us would want that, maybe some of the religious juror members.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...aron_hernandez_s_funeral#.WP-aYufDfag.twitter

It's been my experience that deciding the fate of another human being is very intense, and stays with you forever. Celebrity or not, I don't imagine these Jurors experienced anything less. For whatever reason, Jurors seem to respect Baez in the courtroom. ... This Juror seemed to take invite in good faith.

Juror's Direct Quote:

The jury that acquitted disgraced Patriot Aaron Hernandez of a 2012 double-murder was invited to his funeral yesterday in the former NFL star’s hometown of Bristol, Conn., a juror told the Herald.

“I was invited, but I decided ultimately not to go,” said Robert Monroe, one of 12 jurors who on April 14 acquitted Hernandez of the murders of Cape Verdean immigrants Daniel de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28. Both were living in Dorchester.

“I received a message, if any of the jurors wanted to go to the Aaron Hernandez funeral, that Jose Baez would rent a bus to get us back and forth,” Monroe told the Herald today."
...."Monroe said he initially was taken aback by the invitation. But also, if Baez was behind it, he probably had good intentions.
I actually asked a bunch of my friends, should I go, and they thought it was strange. Initially I wanted to go and maybe get some closure, this whole, confusing thing ... his suicide ... I would have been out of place, I’m not family or a friend,” he said.
As for Baez, Monroe said the lawyer may have wanted to acknowledge their commitment to the case.

“If it was Jose Baez who set this whole thing up, I could see he recognized that we were in the same room with this guy (Hernandez), for about two months. That perhaps some of us would want that, maybe some of the religious juror members.”

He makes it sound like Baez invited them and set the whole thing up. But I suppose some of the other jurors could have called the law office first, without his knowledge and then the invitation was extended to all of them.

What I'm taken aback by is the assumption that if Baez was behind it, he probably had good intentions. Didn't he spend most of the trial attempting to smear the murder victims to try make his client look better? What part of that made him appear to be a sensitive, empathetic person who cares deeply about other people's need for closure?

If anything, the request was insensitive to Hernandez's family. IMO of course.

He makes it sound like Baez invited them. But I suppose some of the other jurors could have called the law office first, without his knowledge and then the invitation was extended to all of them.

What I'm taken aback by is the assumption that if Baez was behind it, he probably had good intentions. Didn't he spend most of the trial attempting to smear the murder victims to try make his client look better?

Like I said, Baez seems to impress Jurors before him. (I've never had that reaction to him)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet