GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...on-hernandez-apartment-search-yields-gun-ammo

The Massachusetts State Police searched Aaron Hernandez's Franklin, Mass., apartment on June 26 and found numerous boxes of firearm ammunition, along with a hooded white sweatshirt possibly worn by the former New England Patriots tight end on the night of Odin Lloyd's death, according to documents obtained Wednesday by NFL.com and NFL Network.

Hernandez denies gang ties

Jail authorities have scoured the arms and torso of Aaron Hernandez in search of tattoos that would suggest gang affiliations. They’ve found none yet, which apparently was no surprise to Hernandez.

According to Christine McConville of the Boston Herald, Hernandez has denied having any gang affiliations.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/02/hernandez-denies-gang-ties/
I worked in a level 10 juvenile detention center for several years. The posturing, the background (dads death/loss issues/needing to feel belonging /impulse control dynamics/hand signs/certain tattoos) all are very indicative of the need to feel power/control and part of something.

The fighting history, dealing and abovementioned are all very indicative of gang affiliation.

IMO

From Texmex's link:

"Prosecutors last week, in laying out their initial case against Hernandez, said Jenkins had begun speaking with investigators until receiving a phone call from Hernandez telling her to keep quiet."

"If the couple were married, Jenkins could be shielded from testifying against Hernandez at trial."
But might be moot - I do not think she will marry him now! And in all liklihood legal stuff will wipe him out $, so really not a catch any longer!!

Something isn't right here....Just thinking out loud.

I'm sure he knew LE wanted to talk to him I agree, and it seems like gang stuff is becoming more prevelant with each passing day.

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed is he
From the beginning I posted this, I think we are going to find some learning disabilities in his history -saw a video of him reading, and I thought learning disability, IMO.

Massachusetts State Trooper Michael Bates requested a warrant to search anyone at Hernandez’s apartment, stating “the nature of the sale of Cocaine is such that the participants are constantly changing, Cocaine is commonly packaged in small plastic bags which are easily and likely concealed on one’s person(s).”

The affidavit was filed in support of a search warrant at Wrentham District Court after Hernandez associate Carlos Ortiz told authorities he had left a cell phone in Hernandez’s Franklin condo. In the apartment, authorities found a white hooded sweatshirt “consistent in color and type with the sweatshirt that Hernandez is observed to be wearing on surveillance cameras the night of the homicide,” according to the search warrant return. They also found a cranberry-colored baseball hat with the word ‘society’ written in light blue in the front, which the return said, was “observed on the head of Hernandez on Channel 7-Boston news. It was reported as a picture that was taken outside a club in Boston on Friday night.”

- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...n_hernandez_court_papers#sthash.yAAat3Zi.dpuf

Former Middlesex District Attorney Gerard T. Leone, now a private attorney not connected to the Hernandez case, said 
Ortiz’s cooperation could be a dagger for prosecutors.
“If it is in fact shown that he was in the car leading up to and during the killing, then that type of witness would be huge,” 
Leone said. “From a defense perspective, it’s obviously damaging. But the prosecution will need as much corroborating evidence as possible.”
Ortiz, a career criminal, was arrested in Connecticut last week on weapons charges in connection with Lloyd’s slaying. If his information checks out, he likely would be offered a deal for his testimony that could include a lesser charge or even immunity from prosecution, Leone added.

- http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...n_hernandez_as_pal_flips#sthash.v61Z3Vl4.dpuf

His teammates didn’t fully grasp why they didn’t see him outside the facility. It’s a case of not really knowing a person the way everyone might have hoped.
“No one hung out with him,” according to one source. “No one.”

Another source further explained that sentiment, adding, “Out of 53 guys, surely there’s someone you could find to hang out with. Instead, he chose to revert to his network from his hometown.”

- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/patr...ernandez_loner_off_field#sthash.GtlOmGfl.dpuf

I saw this earlier and wondering if they can do that?

The Sheriff said he wasn't going to allow it. Plus, marital privilege wouldn't apply to stuff he told his girlfriend before they were married.

JMO

I'm sure he knew LE wanted to talk to him I agree, and it seems like gang stuff is becoming more prevelant with each passing day.

From the beginning I posted this, I think we are going to find some learning disabilities in his history -saw a video of him reading, and I thought learning disability, IMO.

RBBM: I didn't mean that I thought he had any learning disabilities, I meant by my comment, that he's just not as smart as he thought he was. One of a sociopaths traits (and I believe AH is a sociopath) is that they believe they are smarter than everyone else. That is what ultimately got him caught. He thought he was smarter than LE. The way he tried to get rid of the evidence just showed me he wasn't as smart as he thought he was.

ETA: JMO

I don't know about learning disabilities because he did have three years of college but I definitely think his attorneys will bring up 10 years of football and hard hits to the head as well as any concussions he suffered

I don't know about learning disabilities because he did have three years of college but I definitely think his attorneys will bring up 10 years of football and hard hits to the head as well as any concussions he suffered

Woofie and I were discussing this off the board. I think that this is a very viable option, to use concussions and head injuries, for a diminished capacity defense. Maybe even steroids. We will see.

JMO

Thanks again TexMex and JerseyGirl for the excellent links.

Woofie and I were discussing this off the board. I think that this is a very viable option, to use concussions and head injuries, for a diminished capacity defense. Maybe even steroids. We will see.

JMO

Thanks again TexMex and JerseyGirl for the excellent links.

FOX Sports has learned one of the services that provide predraft psychological profiles for select NFL teams gave Hernandez a perfect test score when he was coming out of the University of Florida following his junior season.

It’s unknown whether the Patriots subscribed to the same psychological testing service for their predraft scouting on Hernandez. He slipped into the fourth round of the 2010 draft despite winning the 2009 Mackey Award annually given to college football’s top tight end.

Hernandez&#8217;s slide is believed to stem largely from a series of failed drug tests while at Florida. <modsnip>

In 2009, Aaron Hernandez told USA Today that losing his father was a shock.

The aforementioned psychological profile described Hernandez as having &#8220;good intelligence&#8221; despite not posting good grades at Florida. <modsnip>

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...t-score-in-predraft-psychological-test-062013

JerseyGirl, thank you for the excellent link that you posted above.

I think he used steroids, but that is just my own opinion.

I think they still will use the head injury defense, they will say he got his injuries with the Pats.

JMO

JerseyGirl, thank you for the excellent link that you posted above.

I think he used steroids, but that is just my own opinion.

I think they still will use the head injury defense, they will say he got his injuries with the Pats.

JMO

Steroids are a possibility but I think it's more of a personality/entitlement/anger issue.
He feels he is "above" and when he feels at all slighted, disrespected or feels at all threatened he feels its ok for him to strike out. It's also interesting that he seemed to have no friends on the team. He chose instead to hang out with guys he felt superior to and could intimidate with his status and wealth.

NFL has pretty rigorous steroid testing policy

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/s...sting-will-be-rigorous-and-frequent.html?_r=0

Steroids are a possibility but I think it's more of a personality/entitlement/anger issue.
He feels he is "above" and when he feels at all slighted, disrespected or feels at all threatened he feels its ok for him to strike out. It's also interesting that he seemed to have no friends on the team. He chose instead to hang out with guys he felt superior to and could intimidate with his status and wealth.

NFL has pretty rigorous steroid testing policy

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/s...sting-will-be-rigorous-and-frequent.html?_r=0

BBM: I totally agree with you.

I find it interesting to, that he had no friends on the team. Maybe a lot of them sensed he wasn't "right" for lack of a better word.

I have said this before, Tim Tebow must have had the patience of a saint to try to help this guy. I know I have said I don't think Tim Tebow is NFL Quarterback material, but that doesn't mean I don't think he can play another position. I think Tim Tebow is a great mentor, and I think eventually he will find his niche in the NFL, and become a great team leader.

I know the NFL has a rigorous testing policy, but there are ways to get around it, just look at Lance Armstrong.

JMO

BBM: I totally agree with you.

I find it interesting to, that he had no friends on the team. Maybe a lot of them sensed he wasn't "right" for lack of a better word.

I have said this before, Tim Tebow must have had the patience of a saint to try to help this guy. I know I have said I don't think Tim Tebow is NFL Quarterback material, but that doesn't mean I don't think he can play another position. I think Tim Tebow is a great mentor, and I think eventually he will find his niche in the NFL, and become a great team leader.

I know the NFL has a rigorous testing policy, but there are ways to get around it, just look at Lance Armstrong.

JMO

Much respect for Tebow. The man is a leader.

Interesting article on athlete entitlement

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...titlement-epidemic_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Entitlement is an extremely contagious disease in professional sports. Perhaps Roethlisberger caught it from Arenas, who caught it from Woods. We can trace it at least as far back as Babe Ruth, who was very lucky that there were no cameras around when he was chasing women through the train while traveling between big-league cities.

"A big part of this current culture of athletic entitlement has been stoked and enforced from very early ages," Carter said. "We all know of the stage parents and the culture of youth sports, which is affecting and infecting these kids at a much younger age than it used to. Now it's all about club sports and making the traveling team and parents wanting to get their children into position to secure a college scholarship earlier."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/roger-i-abrams/sports-entitlement_b_515566.html

Another entitlement article

A few blocks from my hotel here in Washington, Gilbert Arenas of the hometown Wizards was sentenced in the D.C. Superior Court to serve two years probation to begin with 30 days in a halfway house. D.C. Superior Court Judge Robert B. Morin also ordered Arenas to serve 400 hours of community service and pay a $5,000 contribution to a crime victim's fund. Arenas had pled guilty earlier this year to violating the district's gun laws by bringing four guns to the Verizon Center. He has already been suspended by the NBA for the remainder of the season in which he was to earn $16.2 million.

The real question in this case is why Mr. Arenas would think he could get away with this type of conduct. He thought it was a prank, but that is far from a justification. At times, young men (and, occasionally, young women) do not have a secure hold on reality. Blame it on hormones and macho demands for respect, but science tells us it is more than that. In fact, studies of the brain show that the prefrontal lobes of young adults are not yet fully matured. That is why when I teach Torts to my first-year law students, I suggest that there really can be no such thing as a "reasonably prudent 19-year-old male." Prudence has nothing to do with this lifestyle.

Arenas and other premier athletes face another challenge in dealing with reality. They are sports stars, and, as such, they enjoy a heightened sense of entitlement. For many of them, their entire sports lives have been a pampered experience. While enjoying the plaudits of the crowd, star athletes begin to believe they are special. It is true that they have special athletic talents, and have worked hard to develop them. However, they are not immune from the other strictures of life.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/02/rae-carruth-attorney-david-rudolf/2483907/

David Rudolf, the attorney who represented Carolina Panthers wide receiver Rae Carruth in a murder trial 2001, believes that even if Hernandez didn't fire any of the five shots that killed Lloyd in a North Attleborough, Mass., industrial park, prosecutors will offer a deal to the trigger man to nail the former New England Patriots tight end on the murder charge.

"They want the high-profile defendant. That's always the case," Rudolf told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday. "And if he isn't the shooter and they have to offer the shooter a deal to get him, they probably will, if that's what it takes.

"The prosecution has a circumstantial case (against Hernandez), but it's a strong circumstantial case. Sometimes those are stronger than eyewitness cases, because evidence doesn't lie."

In 2001, Carruth was found guilty of conspiring to murder the woman who was carrying his child. Prosecutors said an accomplice, directed and aided by Carruth, fired five shots into Cherica Adams, who died weeks later after giving birth. Carruth is serving a sentence of 18-to-24 years, with a possible release date of 2018.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/02/rae-carruth-attorney-david-rudolf/2483907/

David Rudolf, the attorney who represented Carolina Panthers wide receiver Rae Carruth in a murder trial 2001, believes that even if Hernandez didn't fire any of the five shots that killed Lloyd in a North Attleborough, Mass., industrial park, prosecutors will offer a deal to the trigger man to nail the former New England Patriots tight end on the murder charge.

"They want the high-profile defendant. That's always the case," Rudolf told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday. "And if he isn't the shooter and they have to offer the shooter a deal to get him, they probably will, if that's what it takes.

"The prosecution has a circumstantial case (against Hernandez), but it's a strong circumstantial case. Sometimes those are stronger than eyewitness cases, because evidence doesn't lie."

In 2001, Carruth was found guilty of conspiring to murder the woman who was carrying his child. Prosecutors said an accomplice, directed and aided by Carruth, fired five shots into Cherica Adams, who died weeks later after giving birth. Carruth is serving a sentence of 18-to-24 years, with a possible release date of 2018.

I don't usually like defense attorneys, but I love Dave Rudolf. When he represented Carruth, he really seemed to play fair with the prosecution. Granted, Carruth was guilty of everything that he was found guilty of, and I think he was guilty of murder.

Rudolf knew he had a guilty client with Carruth, but he represented him to the best of his ability, IMO.

And as I've said before Carruth is a brain trust compared to AH...LOL

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members