GUILTY MA - Abducted Woman Rescued & 3 Bodies Found In Springfield, May 2018 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good spot. So basically if she had not let him get away that woman could still be alive???

We don't yet know the COD or the circumstances as yet, although it does seem SW is responsible, can LE prove it?
There’s a mountain of evidence here, and that’s without any physical evidence they may have gathered at the crime scene. You can’t exactly explain away 3 bodies at your house, especially with a history of violence and sexually motivated crimes. I’m sure his mom and girlfriend (the kidnap victim found in his car when he was arrested) will be able to contribute to the prosecutions’s case. Apparently the potential punishment for kidnapping with serious bodily injury is 25 years alone, and judging by his girlfriend’s injuries, that case definitely meets that criteria.

If that is the case they would have charged him by now. He was charged with kidnapping before and didn't get anywhere near 25 years - I don't think he even got a custodial. He will likely blame the girls for the deaths and body concealment. LE will have to be sure of their evidence that it was murder and not manslaughter. Also, the kidnapping victims may end up scared to testify in the end, in case he gets off again. JMO.

There’s a mountain of evidence here, and that’s without any physical evidence they may have gathered at the crime scene. You can’t exactly explain away 3 bodies at your house, especially with a history of violence and sexually motivated crimes. I’m sure his mom and girlfriend (the kidnap victim found in his car when he was arrested) will be able to contribute to the prosecutions’s case. Apparently the potential punishment for kidnapping with serious bodily injury is 25 years alone, and judging by his girlfriend’s injuries, that case definitely meets that criteria.

Last edited:
If that is the case they would have charged him by now. He was charged with kidnapping before and didn't get anywhere near 25 years - I don't think he even got a custodial. He will likely blame the girls for the deaths and body concealment. LE will have to be sure of their evidence that it was murder and not manslaughter. Also, the kidnapping victims may end up scared to testify in the end, in case he gets off again. JMO.
He has been charged with 5 counts of kidnapping. They will not file murder charges until they have a cause of death. There’s no rush here. He’s not going anywhere.

If that is the case they would have charged him by now. He was charged with kidnapping before and didn't get anywhere near 25 years - I don't think he even got a custodial. He will likely blame the girls for the deaths and body concealment. LE will have to be sure of their evidence that it was murder and not manslaughter. Also, the kidnapping victims may end up scared to testify in the end, in case he gets off again
When was he charged with kidnapping before? I’m only aware of the current kidnapping charges. This article says he’s been charged with assault before, robbery, b&e and in connection with a sexual assault many years ago. But nothing about previous kidnapping charges.
Stewart Weldon claimed to be a changed man at November bail hearing, months before bodies were found in Springfield home

When was he charged with kidnapping before? I’m only aware of the current kidnapping charges. This article says he’s been charged with assault before, robbery, b&e and in connection with a sexual assault many years ago. But nothing about previous kidnapping charges.
Stewart Weldon claimed to be a changed man at November bail hearing, months before bodies were found in Springfield home
I believe they charged him with kidnapping in the sexual assault case. He and a friend had trapped the victim in their car and wouldn't let her out after dropping off her friend.

I believe they charged him with kidnapping in the sexual assault case. He and a friend had trapped the victim in their car and wouldn't let her out after dropping off her friend.
Yeah, that’s exactly right. According to the news article, the outcome of the case was “unclear.” The most time that I can find in terms of sentencing was 18 months. I just saw on the news that a number of additional victims have come forward since his arrest last week. The details of the charges and the number of victims haven’t been disclosed.

Yeah, that’s exactly right. According to the news article, the outcome of the case was “unclear.” The most time that I can find in terms of sentencing was 18 months. I just saw on the news that a number of additional victims have come forward since his arrest last week. The details of the charges and the number of victims haven’t been disclosed.
Maybe because the numbers keep going up. I'm really surprised he got away with it for this long.

Maybe because the numbers keep going up. I'm really surprised he got away with it for this long.
The Massachusetts legal system is an absolute joke. We’ve had several cases like this lately that involved criminals who went on to murder cops. Hopefully this gets the attention of the lawmakers.

I think others have already explained the previous incident of kidnapping to which I was referring.

I’d love to see the link on that. The closest I could find was this one, in which it said the other guy was charged with kidnapping, but not SW...

Who is Stewart Weldon? A closer look at the man who had bodies of missing persons at his home

“Both were charged with sexual assault while Pottinger was also charged with making terroristic threats, aggravated criminal sexual assault and kidnapping.“

I’d love to see the link on that. The closest I could find was this one, in which it said the other guy was charged with kidnapping, but not SW...

Who is Stewart Weldon? A closer look at the man who had bodies of missing persons at his home

“Both were charged with sexual assault while Pottinger was also charged with making terroristic threats, aggravated criminal sexual assault and kidnapping.“
How a Massachusetts kidnapping suspect began his criminal career in N.J. What we know about Stewart Weldon
This is the article I was referring too. It lists numerous charges but reaches the conclusion that "the outcome is unclear" in many of them. This includes that kidnapping when he was 19. The article actually makes no mention of him facing a kidnapping charge (despite the fact that it meets the definition) and only says that he was charged with sexual assault

I bet she's sorry she didn't turn him in then.
I wonder what she told LE at the time. Apparently, she was cooperative with LE since she opened the door for them altho Weldon refused to open the door. Maybe she let them inside hoping they'd catch and arrest Weldon so her problems with him would be over? And LE may have been so intent on catching Weldon that they didn't take time to question the woman then. Just a thought.

ETA: I should add, if SW was already abusing the woman, his abuse toward her probably escalated after he returned to the house because she opened the door for LE against his wishes.

Last edited:
I wonder what she told LE at the time. Apparently, she was cooperative with LE since she opened the door for them altho Weldon refused to open the door. Maybe she let them inside hoping they'd catch and arrest Weldon so her problems with him would be over? And LE may have been so intent on catching Weldon that they didn't take time to question the woman then. Just a thought.

ETA: I should add, if SW was already abusing the woman, his abuse toward her probably escalated after he returned to the house because she opened the door for LE against his wishes.
I agree with your take on the situation. It’s possible that she opened the door to provide a distraction so he could run out the back. If that was his plan, it worked. It definitely sounds like the abuse escalated in the weeks after that, judging by her condition when they rescued her. I just can’t believe they didn’t try again to get him in the subsequent weeks.

The link MassGuy provided below states (more or less) :
"He was charged with kidnapping in East Orange but the result of those charges are unclear"

Eta I may not have the quote exactly right. I have been trying to load up the article again to check and it just won't load no matter what I do. Cleared caches, cookies, history, re-logged in etc. Slow internet day today I guess. Anyway it is close to the end of the article. I interpret the article to mean he was involved in two separate NJ kidnappings - one in Montclair and one in East Orange - and was charged for the East Orange one. Outcomes unclear. MOO

(That must be where I saw it originally.)

How a Massachusetts kidnapping suspect began his criminal career in N.J. What we know about Stewart Weldon
This is the article I was referring too. It lists numerous charges but reaches the conclusion that "the outcome is unclear" in many of them. This includes that kidnapping when he was 19. The article actually makes no mention of him facing a kidnapping charge (despite the fact that it meets the definition) and only says that he was charged with sexual assault

Last edited:
The link MassGuy provided below states (more or less) :
"He was charged with kidnapping in East Orange but the result of those charges are unclear"

Eta I may not have the quote exactly right. I have been trying to load up the article again to check and it just won't load no matter what I do. Cleared caches, cookies, history, re-logged in etc. Slow internet day today I guess. Anyway it is close to the end of the article. I interpret the article to mean he was involved in two separate NJ kidnappings - one in Montclair and one in East Orange - and was charged for the East Orange one. Outcomes unclear. MOO

(That must be where I saw it originally.)
Yes, I see it now. Thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badge 1187