GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a question? One of the articles I read said Lyndon lived there with her mother. That got me to wondering if maybe the parents were separated which led me to other thoughts...but now, I cannot find the article that said she lived there with her mother. (the house she was taken from) Does anyone else remember reading that?

I fear that beautiful child was not meant to be found alive.

Lyndon's parents Tim and Joanie told police they last saw her at around 3am at their home in Hamilton, Massachusetts. They reported her missing at 7am.

And
The child's parents, Tim and Joanie Albers, tell police they saw her in the home around 3 a.m., but by 7 a.m., she was gone and they called 911.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shaved-head-road-vanishing-middle-night.html

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...ng-2-Year-Old-in-Hamilton-Mass-352160111.html

eta second link

Mental illnesses seem to become more apparent in early 20's, and maybe AH is seriously ill. AH just got engaged on 11/5/15 and now kidnaps a toddler after being fired from the baby sitting job? OMG. No normal person would do that IMO. Right? This is awful on so many levels.

I get what you mean, but it bothers me a bit to see so many people (not just you :) ) effectively saying "Woah, that's a crazy thing to do, she must be mentally ill". Most mentally ill people never hurt anyone, except maybe themselves. I see cruelty, spite and sadism in this kidnapping, but not mental illness. Abi planned this in advance, and took steps to avoid being caught. And IMO it doesn't fit in with a serious mental illness, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. It's possible, but I think it's more likely that she's just a horrible person!

And IMO it doesn't fit in with a serious mental illness, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. It's possible, but I think it's more likely that she's just a horrible person!
Or on serious drugs? Cigarette burns on a toddler?! Still can't wrap my head around that babysitter's outward persona vs. what they say she did.

Or on serious drugs? Cigarette burns on a toddler?! Still can't wrap my head around that babysitter's outward persona vs. what they say she did.

That doesn't fit into anything other than the cases I've seen here of extreme torture and child abuse. <modsnip>

JMO

Bizarre. I saw that a child was missing during that time, and then was found, but I didn't hear about any of the rest until now. Definitely need to wait for more info.

As for the guy who, thank god, found her, a "vision"? He saw her as he drove past. Yes, he used his vision, but you have "a vision" of something that you cannot actually see at the moment. I think he's trying to convey the feeling when you drive past something strange quickly and then don't process it until afterwards. I thought there was going to be some weird psychic angle making this even more bizarre. Thank god he stopped. I'm sure the cops have way more info.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/11/abiga...milton-topsfield-massachusetts-facebook-page/

Was this girl spiraling downhill? Abi didn't even survive a semester (fall 2014) at Gordon College. She briefly tried Azusa which I guess was her freshman year (2013) but that didn't work out. She seemed to now be back in her parent's palatial home, not going to college, and possibly not working. Has anyone seen if she had a regular job? Or was she just doing pick-up babysitting jobs?

Many personality disorders and mental illnesses become exacerbated in the early 20's. The high school friend says Abi had depression and body image issues in high school. I wonder if she had other issues as well.

Police offered no motive and a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said Hanna only baby-sat for the Albers family once or twice. Hanna was not fired, but was not available enough to be a regular baby sitter, according to the official.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2015/11/ex_baby_sitter_accused_of_kidnapping_toddler

Hmmm, that does make it more strange. She did know the family though, so maybe they did have a falling out about something. How else would LE have arrested her so quickly, unless they had reason to suspect her? Unless maybe a witness saw her with the baby just before she was found by the road?

It is possible that she abducted the baby because she is a paedophile. It's rare for women to abduct children to sexually assault them, but it does happen.

I can't help thinking that if the person arrested had been a man, or even had been a woman with black hair, a spiked collar and a a nose ring instead of a blonde Christian woman in a nice dress, we would be looking at the case differently. It makes me sad that we judge people from appearances like that. Nasty, sadistic people come from all walks of life and don't wear a label for easy identification.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2015/11/ex_baby_sitter_accused_of_kidnapping_toddler

Hmmm, that does make it more strange. She did know the family though, so maybe they did have a falling out about something. How else would LE have arrested her so quickly, unless they had reason to suspect her? Unless maybe a witness saw her with the baby just before she was found by the road?

It is possible that she abducted the baby because she is a paedophile. It's rare for women to abduct children to sexually assault them, but it does happen.

I can't help thinking that if the person arrested had been a man, or even had been a woman with black hair, a spiked collar and a a nose ring instead of a blonde Christian woman in a nice dress, we would be looking at the case differently. It makes me sad that we judge people from appearances like that. Nasty, sadistic people come from all walks of life and don't wear a label for easy identification.

I don't know if it's about her looks or not. It's probably part of it. For me I'm looking at it differently because she's so young and her job as a counselor. Those two things stand out as off. I don't think this is related to any form of mental illness.

But now that you mention it.. there are enough cases like Skylar Neese (the girl in WV killed by her friends, I think that's her name) that show young women CAN suddenly become sadistic, seemingly out of nowhere. It could be what happened here - she suddenly got the idea or became curious about what it would be like.

Maybe it's as simple as we want bad people to look bad so we can convince ourselves we're safe if we just avoid them.

JMO

Bizarre. I saw that a child was missing during that time, and then was found, but I didn't hear about any of the rest until now. Definitely need to wait for more info.

As for the guy who, thank god, found her, a "vision"? He saw her as he drove past. Yes, he used his vision, but you have "a vision" of something that you cannot actually see at the moment. I think he's trying to convey the feeling when you drive past something strange quickly and then don't process it until afterwards. I thought there was going to be some weird psychic angle making this even more bizarre. Thank god he stopped. I'm sure the cops have way more info.

This. I think you are right. He saw something that didn't compute and his brain insisted he saw it anyway. SO glad he listened to his own misgivings and stopped to check it out.

I always glance extra long at stuff on the side of the road because I'm always so worried it will be a baby or something. I think I spend too much time on web sleuths.

I did once see a toddler wandering around in his underwear alone in a neighborhood actually. He had just gotten out of the house. I got out of the car but he was too young to tell me where he lived. While I was trying to get him to show me, an older sibling and a neighborhood showed up (they had been playing down the street.) So he took the kid inside. In hindsight, I wish I'd go up to the door and talked to the parents. But the sibling was old enough and shocked enough that I'm sure he told his parents.

Be careful searching for Abi Hanna on FB. There are at least two new pages that look like hers that have a suspicious link to a video purporting to be her arrest video. It's probably a phishing scheme or virus or something like that.

Be careful searching for Abi Hanna on FB. There are at least two new pages that look like hers that have a suspicious link to a video purporting to be her arrest video. It's probably a phishing scheme or virus or something like that.

Thank you for the warning!

I always glance extra long at stuff on the side of the road because I'm always so worried it will be a baby or something. I think I spend too much time on web sleuths.

I did once see a toddler wandering around in his underwear alone in a neighborhood actually. He had just gotten out of the house. I got out of the car but he was too young to tell me where he lived. While I was trying to get him to show me, an older sibling and a neighborhood showed up (they had been playing down the street.) So he took the kid inside. In hindsight, I wish I'd go up to the door and talked to the parents. But the sibling was old enough and shocked enough that I'm sure he told his parents.

My FIL once saved the life of an "escaped" dementia patient&#8212;he saw him on the road, drove past him, and felt something "off" so he circled back. Thank goodness for the good people like all of you who take the time to absorb and follow up on your instincts.

I have removed a couple of posts.

The investigation is ongoing but LE has arrested her and have given no indication that she has a partner in this crime. Tread carefully keeping that in mind - TOS prevent us from dragging innocent associates into the discussion based solely on their association with the perp.

I have removed a couple of posts.

The investigation is ongoing but LE has arrested her and have given no indication that she has a partner in this crime. Tread carefully keeping that in mind - TOS prevent us from dragging innocent associates into the discussion based solely on their association with the perp.

My apologies, as mine was one of them&#8212;I didn't consider how I would feel if any of my friends or family were innocent but slammed in the court of online public opinion without evidence. That is something I will keep in mind for all future posts.

I'm so grateful she was found alive, we usually don't get happy endings... The circumstances of the case, and of how she was found, are quite bizarre... Cutting the child's hair will turn out to be a gift for investigators though...it's almost impossible to not have left a trail of her hair on clothing, throughout a vehicle, carpet, etc...anything that brushed up against the child or the child brushed up against will have strands of hair left on it, and investigators will find it...

Prayers to Lyndon and her family...

All jmo.

As a former victim of a violent crime, I can't applaud this post enough. Such swift action from LE gives the suggestion she is guilty and they have the info to prove so, and thank goodness they do... Perps of violent crimes who don't fit the "mold" are often dismissed as suspects or given more leeway/less harsh sentences than those who look like hardened criminals, despite their record.

I hope to God there was no sexual motivation in this case, but just because she's a pretty girl doesn't mean she has a pretty set of morals. MOO

This Abi lady is the face of evil, but she looks like an angel. Evil comes in all different ways.

The reports say the baby was covered with cigarette burns. This was such a painful torture, poor, poor innocent baby! I have a scar on the back of my hand from a cigarette burn 15 years ago. I was at a crowded outdoor party and a drunk man , smoking a cigarette, pushed his cigarette into the back of my hand as we passed each other. It was very painful for a long time and scarred permanently. I can't imagine the pain of having them all over my body.

I'm all most wondering if she had other plans and thankfully backed out. Like the only thing I can make sense of is if maybe she planned on making the parents look like they had hurt their own child in some way. And was going to hurt her more. Idk weird it is for sure.
Or maybe someone caught her with the child and talked her into just leaving her somewhere.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back