Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Norfolk Assistant District Attorney Greg Connor claimed that Brian Walshe’s mother hired a private investigator "with his input and direction" on Dec. 26 to follow Ana Walshe in Washington, D.C., where she lived during the week for her job at Tishman Speyer, a real estate company. That month, Brian Walshe had been "routinely visiting the Instagram page of one of her male friends," Connor said.

There was no mention in court Thursday of with whom Ana could have been having her alleged affair.

Standing in stark contrast with his previous court appearances, where he appeared disheveled, Brian walked into court on Thursday with a fresh shave and haircut and a smart shirt and sweater.

The defense asked the judge to limit bail to $150,000, but the judge denied the request and ordered that Walshe be held in custody.

Please God don’t let this guy skate. He’s already going for the “how do we know she’s even dead” story. I guess he decided that was his best advantage since the odds of her body being incinerated is fairly good. He’s never had to answer for anything in his life. He’s always had money to grease the wheels of ‘justice’ every time he’s found himself in trouble. He would have ended up with house arrest on the art theft thing. I still don’t know (some of you might) if they ever found the original paintings that he stole. They know he sold copies to several people in a variety of countries and last I read they were trying to locate the originals.

If she was leaving him I do not blame her. What ambitious upwardly mobile woman would want this albatross around her neck. He probably totally conned her into believing he was a wealthy art connoisseur before they married and she didn’t find out the truth that he was just a spoiled mamas boy till it was too late.

Pray that the forensics in this case are solid.

This is all my own opinion and speculation.

Thank you @PommyMommy for the new court dates.

So - this is what I have for his new charges:

Indicted (3/30/23), re-charged & arraigned (4/27/23) with 1st degree murder, for misleading a police investigation/obstruction of justice & for the improper conveyance of a human body.

Is this correct?
Yep, that's correct. :)

APR 27, 2023
[...]

In December, Brian Walshe “would repeatedly access the Instagram page” of one of Ana Walshe's male friends from Washington, D.C., where she was working, prosecutors said. His mother hired the investigator on Dec. 26 “with his input and direction” to conduct surveillance and, the next day, his oldest child’s iPad was used for an internet search on “divorce."

[...]

Brian Walshe said she was called back to Washington on New Year's Day for a work emergency. He didn't contact her employer until Jan. 4, saying she was missing. The company — the first to notify police Ana Walshe was missing — said there was no emergency, prosecutors said.

[...]

Ana Walshe went out with a friend in Washington on Dec. 28 and became “uncharacteristically emotional and extremely upset,” prosecutors said.

“Ana believed Mr. Walshe was going to be incarcerated on his pending criminal case. Ana told her friend that she intended to relocate her three children to Washington, D.C., and was prepared to leave Mr. Walshe," the document said.

[...]

Investigators said they found Jan. 3 surveillance video of a man resembling Brian Walshe throwing what appeared to be heavy trash bags into a dumpster at an apartment complex in Abington, not far from Cohasset.

A Jan. 8 search of a trash processing facility not far from Brian Walshe’s mother’s home, uncovered trash bags that contained a hatchet, hacksaw, towels and a protective Tyvek suit, cleaning agents, a Prada purse, boots like the ones Ana Walshe was last seen wearing and a COVID-19 vaccination card with her name, authorities said.

[...]

Something about this guy just gives me the chills. :eek:

And something about him makes me want to call him "this guy", rather than BW. :mad:

Sadly, there is nothing new about uxoricide and its prominence in the US: :(

Uxoricide - Wikipedia
"Though overall rates of spousal violence and homicide in the US have declined since the 1970s,[1] rates of uxoricide are significantly higher than rates of mariticide (the murder of a husband)."

Justice is coming and you will not be forgotten, Ana

jmo

Many of the details of this case have slipped my mind -- but shouldn't they have been able to get Ana's DNA (if not actual tissue remnants) from the tools he allegedly used to dismember her? Do we know whether they did or not?

They said they recovered a small piece of bone in the saw that they found

No kidding. I wouldn't put it past him to blame some of those searches on his son since they (some of them) were done on his iPad. :mad:

The oldest child is 6...at that age, it's almost impossible that a child would know those things to search, know how to spell all that, and be able to read the results. His lawyer would probably stop him from trying to go down that ridiculous road pretty quickly.

They said they recovered a small piece of bone in the saw that they found
I heard that in a news broadcast this morning -- I believe it was a piece of
"neck bone."

ETA:

Law enforcement also found a Tyvek suit in the dumpster with stains matching Ana Walshe's DNA, court documents said. A hacksaw was also found amongst the items in the dumpster, court records said, when it was taken apart a small bone fragment was recovered. The fragments are currently undergoing DNA testing, court records said.

Last edited:
Well, he certainly looks a bit better than the last time I saw him - and has definitely lost weight on prison food. But I doubt very much if there has been any improvement in his character, and he certainly couldn't be trusted not to break bail. He's where he belongs.

Investigators said they found Jan. 3 surveillance video of a man resembling Brian Walshe throwing what appeared to be heavy trash bags into a dumpster at an apartment complex in Abington, not far from Cohasset.

A Jan. 8 search of a trash processing facility not far from Brian Walshe’s mother’s home, uncovered trash bags that contained a hatchet, hacksaw, towels and a protective Tyvek suit, cleaning agents, a Prada purse, boots like the ones Ana Walshe was last seen wearing and a COVID-19 vaccination card with her name, authorities said.
The musical trash disposals get me every time.

Let me take my garbage on a long scenic car ride before I throw it away in various cities outside of my own said no one - other than “innocent” husbands with missing wives - ever.

The musical trash disposals get me every time.

Let me take my garbage on a long scenic car ride before I throw it away in various cities outside of my own said no one - other than “innocent” husbands with missing wives - ever.
Right??!!! Sigh.

And his lawyer actually said that not all of the cleaning supplies were used! Well, there we go then. He couldn't possibly have been cleaning up the kind of mess we think he made, as one could never do it properly with just a bottle or two and one sponge! (Sarcasm)

I have no idea how anyone could be a defense attorney for crimes such as this. She seemed a bit flustered and not as cool, calm and collected as one would hope your attorney would be.

Right??!!! Sigh.

And his lawyer actually said that not all of the cleaning supplies were used! Well, there we go then. He couldn't possibly have been cleaning up the kind of mess we think he made, as one could never do it properly with just a bottle or two and one sponge! (Sarcasm)

I have no idea how anyone could be a defense attorney for crimes such as this. She seemed a bit flustered and not as cool, calm and collected as one would hope your attorney would be.
I have to admire defense attorneys willing to take cases like these on. At least those of them who are motivated by the respective challenges rather than an easy paying gig.

Last edited:
New photos. I wonder if home depot cashiers that check people out with a good number of cleaning supplies, Tyvek suits and hatchets ever wonder why?
Damning snaps show Brian Walshe bought hacksaw, cleaning supplies after wife vanished: authorities
Thank you for the link. I tried to upload the photos but got the "file too large" error. They're in this tweet though. :)

ETA: And another one

Much evidence??? Hard to believe he can utter the words 'not guilty' with a straight face ... and his counsel ... maybe AW just disappeared?? Hoping Ana's precious littles are safe and feel loved. Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back