Deceased/Not Found MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeeek!

My friend just forwarded me this from Ana’s Instagram circa all the way back in 2018.

The post is titled, “Mild concussion, bruised hip and a cut… #Vulnerability”

6A50B0C1-6935-45F8-AD90-FB6C019E8C6D.jpeg

When people asked her what happened she responded “freshly buffed marble floors at work”… I hope that’s really all it was! My heart is already breaking for this woman… I hope this was just an innocent slip and fall and nothing more. :(

Yes, I didn't post that correctly.
Thanks !
I keep thinking he has some restrictions on where he can go, but maybe not ?

Still, just ugh. :(
I think he knows where she is.
IMO.

Back to Ana ... I believe BW knows where she is, as well.

I wish he'd come clean and let her family know, show a little respect !
Of course that would go against what has emerged about his character, Imo.

It looks like LE have a lot, but they need a body ?
Sorry to type that.
I'd be glad to be wrong !

Yes, I didn't post that correctly.
Thanks !
I keep thinking he has some restrictions on where he can go, but maybe not ?

Still, just ugh. :(
I think he knows where she is.
IMO.

Back to Ana ... I believe BW knows where she is, as well.

I wish he'd come clean and let her family know, show a little respect !
Of course that would go against what has emerged about his character, Imo.

It looks like LE have a lot, but they need a body ?
Sorry to type that.
I'd be glad to be wrong !
Barry has no restrictions. Charges can be refiled.

Yep - Bryan knows what he did with Ana. I don't think he will give up her location. He is stonewalling police.

How do we know this was Brian Walshe?
I wondered that too. I looked on p. 2 of the document, where it refers to S-1 being the offender, and at the bottom it says that S-1 (suspect?) now resides in the Boston, MA area. I think it's a fair bet that it was Brian Walshe. That said, I am glad to see these official documents substantiating the claims that he was the perp of the threat.

"Former tenants... claim they saw the composed career woman descend into an epic “meltdown” shortly before her disappearance...

when we put our foot down and said, ‘No, you cannot do this to us’ and we were fighting back, it was like watching Britney Spears have a meltdown when Justin Timberlake broke up with her. It was not normal.”

This seems so out of character, why would AW be "melting down" in November/December over something like $220k for the Revere apartment that they paid $160k (is that right?) for when she owns a $1.3M place in DC? The Revere place seems like really small potatoes for a meltdown.

Another off-the-wall theory (I am full of these, sorry); what if BW was pressuring AW to liquidate assets for cash in 2022 as mentioned in this and other articles? Maybe he says "if you don't get $500k liquidated so we can _____ I am going to implicate you in the Warhol scheme" Or in the theft from his father's estate, or implicate her in anything at all that would take her away from her kids... I'm guessing she would stop acting like the "composed career woman" and start melting down when plans did not go her way because she wanted so badly to be with her kids.

The question for my crazy theory is what could BW be threatening her with? Did he have a way out of the country to avoid prison but needed cash to get away? What was his scheme this time?
"This seems so out of character, why would AW be "melting down" in November/December over something like $220k for the Revere apartment that they paid $160k (is that right?) for when she owns a $1.3M place in DC? The Revere place seems like really small potatoes for a meltdown."

she does not fully own that $1.3m place. And after settling with creditors, and the liability on joint property she would have from his creditors some of which may have been incurred in marriage for all we know her actual net worth could be $200K, $100K or $10K or for that matter negative.
That $220K could be several times her net.

Let's say she was responsible for several hundred thousand of their debts. I am not an expert on Mass and DC joint property issues, but she can't just end her liability by moving money or assets to her name. that $220 could be her entire nest egg. In fact she could owe half or all of that to creditors.

If you own a 1.3 million dollar house, it could have no mortgage or it could have a 700k, 900k, 1.1m, 1.2m or even more mortgage. You could also have a mountain of credit card debt, other personal debts.

Also beyond the main house and the new house, how do we know that that apartment in Revere did not have a significant mortgage -- including refi to full $220 mortgage?

Last edited:
Yeah, I see this as second degree murder, just because of how badly it went down, and how bad the coverup was. This decision seems to have been made quickly.
Anything can happen but premeditation to qualify as first degree can be as little as one minute.

But you are right, first will be more difficult given family friend Mutlu statements that everything seemed fine, and the fact that the purchases of tarps, tape, saws etc were apparently all after the murder. I bet they start with a charge of first degree

JAN 12, 2023
[...]

A probable cause affidavit says Brian Walshe told police that the couple went to bed after a friend left around 1 a.m. and that Ana Walshe left for the airport between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m.

Brian Walshe also told police he spent New Year's afternoon doing errands for his mother at Whole Foods and CVS — but he was not seen on security video from either store, according to the affidavit.

[...]

According to a police log, Ana Walshe’s phone connected to a cellphone tower for the last time at 3:14 a.m. Jan. 2, within a quarter-mile of the area of Reservoir Road, which is 0.7 miles from the family's home. Her phone was then turned off, the log says.

Brian Walshe has told police that he visited a juice bar in the nearby town of Norwell early Jan. 2, officials have said.

Police discovered video evidence that Brian Walshe visited Home Depot in Rockland, about 10 miles southwest of the home, on Jan. 2. He was wearing a surgical mask and gloves and bought $450 worth of goods, including cleaning supplies, mops and tape, according to prosecutors.

[...]

The head of security for Ana Walshe's employer, Tishman Speyer, called Cohasset police around 11:45 a.m. Jan. 4 to request a well-being check, reporting that her car was in Washington, that she was last seen days earlier and that the company had contacted her husband, who had not filed a missing person report, according to the police log.

[...]
BBM
But didnt we hear differently ??
He said HE contacted her employer, not the other way around !!

Which I thought the very first article said, employer did.

Also new to me--her CAR was in WA ???

Does she keep it there while home is MA ??

this may have been discussed already and I missed it as you all are flying fast in here, but this stands out to me

Who took her car to WA ??? unless she leaves it there. IDK

These bids for sports cars are puzzling. All of the cars have manual transmissions. Ana wanted a manual transmission? Was her Maserati a manual shift or no?

How disappointing that all the bids are for two seaters. Can't fit a family of 5 inside.
a 40-year-old woman born in Serbia, and who lived in her 20's in Serbia is almost certainly going to now how to drive a manual. Probably learned to drive on one

In that DC police document, they updated the status *yesterday* from the 2014 event to note Ana did not cooperate with prosecutors. Looks like a CYA move given all the attention on the case
What are prosecutors supposed to do when a person refuses to continue? The entire thing is a phone conversation, not a threat witnessed by anyone else. Don't get me wrong, I have no trouble being certain she was telling truth given what we know that, but what are prosecutors supposed to do?

BBM
But didnt we hear differently ??
He said HE contacted her employer, not the other way around !!

Which I thought the very first article said, employer did.

Also new to me--her CAR was in WA ???

Does she keep it there while home is MA ??

this may have been discussed already and I missed it as you all are flying fast in here, but this stands out to me

Who took her car to WA ??? unless she leaves it there. IDK
We did hear differently. The first reports were that both Ana's employer and her husband reported her missing at about the same time. It wasn't until BW's court appearance that we learned otherwise.

Ana kept a vehicle at the townhouse in DC. During LE's initial search for her there, they confirmed the vehicle was present. MOO

Last edited:
JAN 12, 2023
On May 21, 2018, Ana Walshe wrote "Mild concussion, bruised hip and a cut...#vulnerability" as the caption for an Instagram post with a picture of her with a cut above her eye.

While the picture was posted in 2018, Ana Walshe edited it just 35 weeks ago – two weeks before submitting her letter to Judge Douglas Woodlock urging him to impose a no-jail sentence.

The letter, sent on June 1, 2022, states that her husband, Brian Walshe, helped her mother through a traumatic health event.

[...]

Walshe did not only edit one Instagram picture just before sending her letter to the federal judge.

She edited many other pictures on her Instagram account just two weeks before sending the letter, including one promoting an event put on by her husband.

"Please join my husband Brian as he hosts his workshop this evening at 7pm. Eventbrite link in bio," Walshe wrote in the edited post.

[...]

These bids for sports cars are puzzling. All of the cars have manual transmissions. Ana wanted a manual transmission? Was her Maserati a manual shift or no?
RSBM

Can you elaborate on what you think is significant about a manual transmission?

I was under the impression that most if not all high-powered "performance" cars would be manual transmission as it gives the driver full control.

(Personally, I would never want a performance car like that [my vehicles need 4wd and decent clearance for rural roads and serious winters] but I have always preferred a manual transmission and have always opted for it when buying a car. Only the coming transition to electric vehicles will change that, as they are a whole other transmission creature as I understand it. I would still always prefer stick shift if the option was there). MOO

We did. The first reports were that both Ana's employer and her husband reported her missing at about the same time. It wasn't until BW's court appearance that we learned otherwise.

Ana kept a vehicle at the townhouse in DC. During LE's initial search for her there, they confirmed the vehicle was present. MOO
thank you
I thought first reports were him saying her Employer called it in but then I thought I read that He called it in, which I didnt believe.

As for the car.. I totally missed that before so thank you for letting me know.

Eeeek!

My friend just forwarded me this from Ana’s Instagram circa all the way back in 2018.

The post is titled, “Mild concussion, bruised hip and a cut… #Vulnerability”

View attachment 395019

When people asked her what happened she responded “freshly buffed marble floors at work”… I hope that’s really all it was! My heart is already breaking for this woman… I hope this was just an innocent slip and fall and nothing more. :(

I question this for many reasons. The most obvious of which is her hashtag. Nobody writes #vulnerability after slipping on a freshly polished floor. IMO this was another plea for help.

Ohhhh @wnk
Not sure if you are available to work on a timeline for Ana's case

You are the best of the best with timelines and I can help out if you don't have time.
I agree! I hope @wnk is available.
I've started a very, very rough timeline, but don't have more time to suss out more details. There are likely lots of errors here and definitely many, many holes. (e.g. I haven't included the timeline of events that came to the surface as a result of BW's father's estate case.) But here's a start (and I hope others will want to run with it, or give me suggested edits):

1975? - Brian born

198?? - Ana born

1983? - BW’s father ‘abandons’ family (per BW statement)

2003 - BW’s parent divorce

Summer 2005 - AW works in Little Washington VA

Summer 2006 - AW works in Little Washington VA

Summer 2007 - AW works in NYC

May’08 – 2010 - AW works in Lennox MA

2008 - BW meets AW in Boston

Sep/10 – Feb15 - AW works at Willard ICH in Boston

?? - BW steals $500k from father in temporary borrowing deal re house flip

2015?? - BW gives AW Maserati as Valentine’s gift

Feb/15-Mar/17 - AW director of Front Office, InterContinental, Boston area

Dec 2015 - BW & AW get married [source: Warhol fraud complaint at link Thread 2 #10]

Apr 2016 - AW purchased residence. (Residence later connected to Warhol fraud.)

2016 - BW & AW have first child, Thomas

Nov 2016 - B commits Warhol fraud

Mar/17 - ?/19 - AW Head of Front Office, Taj Hotels

2018 - BW charged with fraud re Warhol paintings.

Nov 2018 - BW’s father dies in India

Late 2018 - BW destroys father’s will

Jul 2019 - AW appointed by courts as Special Personal Rep for TW’s estate

Sep 2019 - BW objects to appointment of AW re father’s estate

Oct 2019 - 2nd child born

Nov/19-Apr/20 - AW Director with Newbury Boston

2020 - 3rd child born

Aug/20–Feb/22 - AW Director Ops with Mutlu Group. (Note that G Mutlu was at NYE w BW/AW day she went missing.

Apr 2021 - BW pleads guilty re Warhol fraud. Gets non-imprisonment sentence w conditions.

2021 - AW’s mother is visiting and has a stroke

2021 - AW posts on her LinkedIn that BW is hosting a ‘Money is Emotional’ workshop.

Oct/21 - court about to file home confinement sentence on BW when bank raised issue. Sentence agreement suspended as a result.

Feb 2022 - AW takes new job in DC at Tishman Speyer

Mar 2022 - BW & AW sell Jerusalem Rd home in Cohasset

Jun 2022 - gov’t file supplemental sentencing memo re B’s Warhol fraud (repeats original request for 30 month sentence, based on perjury and non-compliance w conditions).

Dec 2022 - rush to sell off asset for cash (Dec 28/29) – car, apartment

Dec 26/22 - AW asks mother to come the next day. Mother says she can’t.

Dec 27/22 - AW was supposed to visit her friend ‘CW’. AW cancels. [thread 1, #494]

Dec 31/22 - GEM joins AW and BW for NY Eve celebration

Jan 1/23 - Gem leaves between 1-1:30 am.

Jan 1/23 - AW reported to have left between 4-5 am via rideshare for airport. BW says AW said she had a work emergency and had to go to DC. AW did not have a flight booked and did not fly to DC.

Jan 1/23 - BW says he drives mother home to Swampscott. “gets lost” unaccounted time.

Jan 2/23 - BW caught on cctv at Home Depot buying tarps, cleaning supplies, etc. On cctv at juice

bar.

Jan 3/23 - AW had a scheduled flight from MA to DC for work. She didn’t make this flight.

Jan 4/23 - AW’s employer calls BW saying AW didn’t show up at work.

-AW’s employer contacts LE to report LE missing

Jan 6/23 - LE tells media AW is missing. LE commences search around AW’s home and surrounding area (including woods by Stop & Shop)

Jan 6/23 - fire breaks out at former Jerusalem Rd home of BW/AW. LE reports unconnected to case.

Jan 7/23 - LE continues search. Drains pool at BW/AW rental home on Chief Justice Cushing Hwy.

Jan 8/23 - BW arrested for obstruction.

Jan 9/23 - BW arraigned. Prosecutors announce that bloody knife found in basement of home.

Jan 9/23 - LE remove dumpsters from BW’s mother’s apartment complex in Swampscott.

I question this for many reasons. The most obvious of which is her hashtag. Nobody writes #vulnerability after slipping on a freshly polished floor. IMO this was another plea for help.
I read the whole thing a different way. If she had slipped at work, wouldn't her co-workers have been there and know about the accident? It seems odd to me that she would make a plea for help like that when it could be verified if it were a work-related injury.

MOO

I read the whole thing a different way. If she had slipped at work, wouldn't her co-workers have been there and know about the accident? It seems odd to me that she would make a plea for help like that when it could be verified if it were a work-related injury.

MOO
She said in her post "it feels weird to not be at work on a Monday". To me, that implied it happened the day before? If you fall on your face on a marble floor, it would be unusual to only have that visible injury. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here