MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some resemblance - Baby Doe has a familiar looking face. I did find the Facebook page for the missing French girl and it does appear that the father was most likely heading to Syria after being radicalized. Here is the FB page for this missing girl JANA SILA LEROUX (and 2 other girls at the same time).

https://www.facebook.com/kidnappingEnfant?pnref=lhc

This breaks my heart. To see her running free and smiling in the beach and now she's God only knows where in Syria under all their crazy strict rules wearing a burka covering her beautiful little face terrified with war all around her desperately missing her mother. Poor little doll. 😓

And depending on where she died....why travel all the way to a beach....why not woods,a park etc?

I just joined this forum after reading here for a few days. This little girl has really touched my heart and each day I hope to find out her name and her story.

When I first found out about the discovery of the body I opened up Google maps to check out the area and it seemed to me that Deer Island would be most likely chosen by someone very local. It's not somewhere you'd drive *by* or *around*, it's somewhere you'd drive *to* and then reverse back again. If you go up or left on the map (I think it's Winthrop to the north and Boston to the left?) it isn't far to find green areas on the map, which seem to me to be more obvious choices for leaving a body if someone came from that side of the area.

My initial thoughts on cause of death were hot car or smothering, but these seem to be near enough ruled out by the ME not having a certain cause of death. So I'm now wondering, what with the toxicology testing going on, if maybe she was the child of someone with a drug problem, probably some kind of pills, and maybe she swallowed some tablets accidentally and the mother didn't want to report this as she was more concerned about her drugs and/or going to jail for leaving the pills around? Or maybe the little girl was fed some kind of pills that tox results haven't yet come back for?

My other thought, as I type this out is on the reasons for not filing a missing person's report. When you do that for a young child, you often get a lot of attention focused on the family. Some parents do file the report, presumably hoping it will throw off suspicion, but this one hasn't. Assuming this child was living with her mother, if she's a drug addict she might be wary of that attention?

And, finally, a post above mentioned random situations that people find themselves in daily (or almost daily) where a child comes into contact with strangers. The thing is that if you'd seen a child looking like Baby Doe in a doctor's surgery a month ago, the image would have faded, you wouldn't know that that little girl hadn't been seen since that day, hadn't been out to play, etc.

I would have thought that the mother (or primary caregiver) would have friends, perhaps with children of a similar age, and they'd be the most likely to notice the disappearance of the child (if grandparents, aunts and uncles aren't in close contact). Or if the mother is separated from the child's father, maybe a boyfriend or two in the past year or so who would recognize the child? You really would think there would be someone, wouldn't you?

Ok so moving on from the French girl, Jana Island LeRoux--God watch over her🙏🙏🙏

Onto the island --really peninsula--itself.

Is it possible someone put her body in the water on these other little islands across from deer island and she drifted to deer island. I know they say she wasn't water logged but it wouldn't be a long drift and she was in an industrial plastic bag. Maybe investigators should poke around these other bodies of land near deer island. Locals, what's out there?
Grrrrrr. Back on my phone. I'll post pic of what I'm talking about from PC momentarily

Ok so moving on from the French girl, Jana Island LeRoux--God watch over her������

Onto the island --really peninsula--itself.

Is it possible someone put her body in the water on these other little islands across from deer island and she drifted to deer island. I know they say she wasn't water logged but it wouldn't be a long drift and she was in an industrial plastic bag. Maybe investigators should poke around these other bodies of land near deer island. Locals, what's out there?
Grrrrrr. Back on my phone. I'll post pic of what I'm talking about from PC momentarily

The particular aerial view that i want to show you is too big of a file to download, so here's the link to the image on wikipedia. It's the only one I can find that shows Deer Island AND the neighboring islands all in one view. What's on those islands? They are very small.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_...rIsland_BostonHarbor_DocSearls_2452880753.jpg

Here's a map of what I think is showing the other islands near Deer Island. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Locals, please tell me about these neighboring landmasses. Thx

boston harbor islands.jpg

That's a LOT of islands to look into. I found this on the website Boston Harbor Islands
"The Boston Harbor Islands National Park area is comprised of 34 islands and mainland parks (peninsulas). 8 Islands are accessible to the public via seasonal ferryboat service. 19 islands that vary greatly in size and remoteness and are accessed only by private boat or specialty charter. 3 islands are currently closed to the public."

http://www.bostonharborislands.org/#!other-islands/csqk

http://www.bostonharborislands.org/#!islands/c736

One more thing for the locals----there's a HUGE neighborhood right by Deer Island called Point Shirley. What type of neighborhood is this? Maybe she lived there. Deer Island isn't THAT remote. There's a couple of Bars, a playground, a park a hotel and the airport. Anyone flying over could have taken note of it.

Point Shirley

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3573068,-70.9680967,1442m/data=!3m1!1e3

Ok. I'm going to get some things done around the house. Sorry if I've driven everyone crazy with so many different theories in one night. I just wish we could name this child. I don't know why I care so much. It's not quite of the urgency as trying to find a girl that is missing that could possibly be alive, though sadly they rarely are. But it just seems so wrong that no one is missing this sweet little face. I just want to name her.

I don't. People see lots of kids every day, and if they've only seen them once they are likely to not remember them. Especially people who work somewhere that lots of kids come into at random intervals (rather than a school, every day). In customer service jobs there were very few people I remembered unless they came in very often. Even then, if they quit coming in I would probably just assume they had moved away. Until a child starts school I really don't think it's that hard for them to be missed, except by their parents, of course. But again, still frustrating.

I wouldn't rule out ALL poisons at this point. If bleach and Draino were specifically mentioned, I'm going to assume that means she didn't ingest something caustic (which would probably be easily determined) - if she OD'd on cold medicine or something, I don't think they'd see that immediately.

Good point.
I assumed when they said no poisons found in her system, I took that to mean all kinds of poisons/drugs...cold medicine included.
Never assume :blushing:

I don't. People see lots of kids every day, and if they've only seen them once they are likely to not remember them. Especially people who work somewhere that lots of kids come into at random intervals (rather than a school, every day). In customer service jobs there were very few people I remembered unless they came in very often. Even then, if they quit coming in I would probably just assume they had moved away. Until a child starts school I really don't think it's that hard for them to be missed, except by their parents, of course. But again, still frustrating.

But I think those in customer service would remember if shown a picture to prompt their memory. I don't think they'd say, "hey why haven't I seen that cute brown eyed cherub lately" but I think if they saw the photo and have seen her in the past, they'd think, I know I've seen that child here before.

This is just so frustrating. Besides the composite (which could honestly be 75% of the American population) there is just nothing to go on.

I think we can all (mostly) agree that this baby has not been declared missing. I just feel helpless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, logically and realistically speaking, what would be the next step for LE? Obviously finish exhausting any and all leads, then what? Begin searching through census and birth records? Having any and all foster children ruled out as much as possible?

So I guess I am wondering what would you guys think the next step would be?

At this point, logically and realistically speaking, what would be the next step for LE? Obviously finish exhausting any and all leads, then what? Begin searching through census and birth records? Having any and all foster children ruled out as much as possible?

So I guess I am wondering what would you guys think the next step would be?

Slowing down the investigation and announcing that they will look into tips as they come in.

I really hope this doesn't become one of those cases where somebody sees the photo in about twenty years and says 'Oh, that looks like my sister/cousin/friend/friend's kid, I wonder what happened to her.'

Thanks, Joypath! I am not a pathologist, but I do understand that decomposition starts at death. What is not visible may lead a regular joe like me to forget about internal decomposition. I sadly, lost my 16 yr old kitty cat last month. It was evening, so I put a sheet in a cardboard box and immediately put him in the box (open top) to make sure that he was deceased. He had had a seizure and his eyes went blank at the same time that he urinated. In the morning, he was in full rigor, but did not stink, and no oozing on the sheet. His eyes did look like they were starting to decompose. I buried him. Morbid, I know, but that is why I thought that rigor mortis came before visible decomposition. (I miss my cat, terribly.) JMO

Just wanted to say sorry for your loss, I also lost our 15 year old cat 2 weeks ago and we miss her terribly x

Next step:

If we consider the following, which many of our brilliant posters have already pointed out;
(BBM)

"...mothers frequently dispose of the corpses in what researchers call a "womblike" fashion. Bodies are swaddled, submerged in water, or wrapped in plastic. Moreover, the NCMEC study showed that while the victims of maternal killings are almost always found either in or close to the home, fathers will, on average, dispose of the bodies hundreds of miles away. All these behaviors suggest that women associate these murders with themselves, their homes, and their bodies." (source: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2002/03/when_parents_kill.2.html)

So, assuming this was done by the mother or a female caretaker of the child, IMO, the next step should be to work out from the location where this precious child's body was discovered; starting with a 5-mile radius going to every residential/business door, as well as all who regularly commute (whether by bus, car, bicycle...) to/from work and all homeless/street persons within that vicinity. Someone may think they didn't see anything important and/or related but I believe, without knowing it, they did.

Just wanted to say sorry for your loss, I also lost our 15 year old cat 2 weeks ago and we miss her terribly x

Thanks, and I'm sorry for your loss, as well. He was a longhaired orange. I planted tiger lilies over him. A new one blooms every day! JMO

why would any gov't body need to verify if dad was a suitable placement? if mom is in jail well... he is her parent. even if mom placed her w someone else, dad could simply pick her up and if he was prevented from doing so he could go to court and file an ex parte order and will win with nary a problem unless he is a RSO or something.

sort of off topic i know.

I used Ayla Reynolds as an example. In many custody cases, both parents are evaluated before a decision is reached. If her dad had been checked out, she might not have been placed with him, but it was a decision made between the parents. An evaluation in their situation would probably have ended up with BOTH parents having to attend parenting classes. I have neighbors who want to adopt, but are not having a lot of luck (they are gay men if that matters). Recently, one of their nieces, who was already in CPS crosshairs, failed a drug test and her baby was taken. All this guy had to do was travel to where the baby was, and she was placed with him, with virtually no questions asked because he was a relative. He is a good guy, and I am happy for them. BUT... there is always the creepy pedophile uncle who can obtain custody of a relative this way.

laci peterson was still pregnant when she went missing and the fetus had somehow come out of her and washed ashore.

I know that. But the POINT I was making is that when a mom and child go missing together, they may be found at different times and in different places. It is therefore possible that the mother's body is still out there somewhere, and the person who killed them is unlikely to come forward to identify the child unless s/he can "frame" the mom for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801