MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The child's body didn't show any apparent signs of trauma and it's not clear whether or not she was murdered, Procopio told Crimesider. However, after her information was shared with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and state and local jurisdictions across the country, Procopio said state police can't find any corresponding missing persons reports.

A preliminary autopsy has been completed, but toxicology results are still pending, Procopio said. The state police crime lab has begun the process of extracting DNA, working with an academic lab, though results could take some time, he said. The child's DNA would then be compared to state databases that require DNA sample submission for those convicted of certain crimes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/officials-family-may-know-about-massachusetts-baby-does-death/

How could they not be clear if she was murdered?

They haven't got a cause of death. It could have been accidental - for example, she could have gotten into cleaning supplies. I suppose it could have even been an allergic reaction (would that show in an autopsy?) and parents here illegally didn't know what to do and panicked.

My husband was hoping that they'd extract DNA and compare it with criminal data bases. Glad to see on a post above that they're planning on doing just that.

Maybe she was dumped off a boat in the harbor. I see lots of boats out there in the pictures. 😞

that was not the type of crime scene I was expecting. Very out in the open. Rocks. I really wasn't expecting that.

Why, why, why throw away such a beautiful little girl?!!!!!!! There is absolutely NO explanation that makes this okay. Accidental death, call an ambulance. This beautiful baby was thrown away like garbage. What is this world coming to?

Interesting that DNA results were available within 2 days in the search for the NY escapees. Wonder where the child is on the lab's priority list? JMO

They haven't got a cause of death. It could have been accidental - for example, she could have gotten into cleaning supplies. I suppose it could have even been an allergic reaction (would that show in an autopsy?) and parents here illegally didn't know what to do and panicked.

I'm guessing if the autopsy confirmed no trauma to her body then the only other possibility would be she was drugged. This is "a la Casey Anthony" case. IMO Probably a young single mom estranged from her family. That's my guess.

Interesting that DNA results were available within 2 days in the search for the NY escapees. Wonder where the child is on the lab's priority list? JMO

I was thinking the same thing.

I do not see 'Hispanic' in the composite drawing of this girl.....

Classito

I have an Edna hibbel painting that is titled Guatemalan girl. It is of a beautiful Guatemalan toddler that many think is a painting of my first born, but I am French, German, Spanish- Spain and very fair skinned. and husband is German, Irish. It prompted me to google Guatemalan children. She resembles many of their facial features. Their hair and skin are darker, however.

http://youthtoday.org/2014/08/family-separation-a-big-issue-for-kids-migrating-from-central-america/

She also looks a lot like some of the children from Spain. So maybe she's from Guatemala or Spain. But again this is far fetched. There are sooooo many possibilities when we have such limited information.

Not to sound insensitive, but the need for DNA in the New York case was much more important because it provided a way to help track down two people that were a known danger to whoever they might encounter. While identifying this girl is very important, I would be willing to bet that whoever did whatever that happened to her would most likely not be a crazed psychopath presenting a danger to the general public, but rather an abusive/neglectful or scared parent or guardian.

I do not see 'Hispanic' in the composite drawing of this girl.....

Classito

I've met a lot of Hispanic people with this appearance, pale skin and brown to black hair. I don't believe it's uncommon, but it's a purely anecdotal opinion on my part.

The fact that the police in July 7 came out pleading for the parents of this child to come forward and "clear their conscience" leads me to believe that they really don't have much more to go in than we do. I thought for sure that they had info that they were keeping to themselves that was getting them close to answers, but this July 7th article leads me to believe otherwise :(

Many on social media suggested the girl could be Maggie Sophia Ortega-Brown, but Massachusetts State Police said Tuesday that Maggie is alive and well in another country.
Conley said investigators do not know if the girl washed ashore or was dumped on the Winthrop beach, nor has a cause of death been established.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/parents-of...ium=FBPAGE&utm_campaign=WCVB Channel 5 Boston

The above leads me to believe there was no obvious and visible signs of premortem trauma to the body.

Who is this beautiful little princess? How did she come to this end? I really am surprised that no one has stepped forward yet to say they recognize her.

My accidental comment about people overstaying their education visas got me to thinking -- the death must have happened right around the end of the school year. What if she's the daughter of somebody who finished their education and returned to their own country?

Many on social media suggested the girl could be Maggie Sophia Ortega-Brown, but Massachusetts State Police said Tuesday that Maggie is alive and well in another country.
Conley said investigators do not know if the girl washed ashore or was dumped on the Winthrop beach, nor has a cause of death been established.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/parents-of...ium=FBPAGE&utm_campaign=WCVB Channel 5 Boston

The above leads me to believe there was no obvious and visible signs of premortem trauma to the body.

Who is this beautiful little princess? How did she come to this end? I really am surprised that no one has stepped forward yet to say they recognize her.

They're getting leads but so far all have turned out not to be this child.

This beautifully digitally rendered (based on a not advanced state of decomposition of her facial features, such as eye color being known) unknown and yet unclaimed little girl has touched so many.

And her Realtime coverage page link

Oops, sorry about the screenshot, should have known by now.

She didn't kill a cop...

The fact that the police in July 7 came out pleading for the parents of this child to come forward and "clear their conscience" leads me to believe that they really don't have much more to go in than we do. I thought for sure that they had info that they were keeping to themselves that was getting them close to answers, but this July 7th article leads me to believe otherwise :(

That might suggest that they think it could have been an accidental death. Unlikely that someone would confess to murder, but they might to disposing of a body.

MA crime labs are really backed up and while emotionally it's easy to say this girl ought to be pushed ahead of other cases, the people involved in the other cases probably think their case is the most important.

Shoshana Black missing poster, the DOB is 10/21/94.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/845423/1

This should have been an obvious rule out from the beginning. People mean well, but sometimes do not take the time to really read about the missing child or person.

ETA: Shoshanna Black would be 20 years old now or almost 21. I just now had a thought that maybe Shoshanna's family think this could be Shoshanna's child if she were still alive. We do sometimes have babies that look just as we did when we were a baby or small child. Otherwise, I just don't see need for a rule out at all. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member