MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can this computer generated image of a ‘Baby Doe’ lead investigators to her identity?
By Elahe Izadi, The Washington Post, July 8m 3:19 PM

[...]

"They also have no idea how she died. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created the composite image, which police shared on Facebook last week"

[... Bob Lowery, VP, of Missing Children Division]

"called composites “vitally important” since photos like those of the dead child are “not appropriate” to share with the public. “But it’s the public we need to engage with, to look at this child, because that’s how we’re going to get her identified.”"

[... according to Suffolk District Attorney, Daniel F. Conley]

"She was found in a large trash bag on Deer Island and Conley told the Globe that police believe she had only been dead a short time before she was discovered."

[...]

Scary how much little princess looks like a childhood friend's little girl. Same age, same size, brown hair, brown eyes... Haven't seen the little girl in about 6 months, but no way it's her. The resemblance is just uncanny.

The little girl I know is half hispanic, BTW.

MA crime labs are really backed up and while emotionally it's easy to say this girl ought to be pushed ahead of other cases, the people involved in the other cases probably think their case is the most important.

True. But what if she was being trafficked? Starting to look like a good possibility. Yes, she is a lonely little dead JaneDoe, but learning what happened FAST could uncover a lot of LIVE ones. JMO

Not to sound insensitive, but the need for DNA in the New York case was much more important because it provided a way to help track down two people that were a known danger to whoever they might encounter. While identifying this girl is very important, I would be willing to bet that whoever did whatever that happened to her would most likely not be a crazed psychopath presenting a danger to the general public, but rather an abusive/neglectful or scared parent or guardian.

However, while the person(s) may not be a crazed psychopath that presents a danger to the public at large, if there are other children in their care, they would certainly be a significant danger to them...

However, while the person(s) may not be a crazed psychopath that presents a danger to the public at large, if there are other children in their care, they would certainly be a significant danger to them...

Didn't mean to imply that that wasn't the case, of course any other child would be in danger if the person who did this has other children. I still stand by my statement in regards to why the DNA would be done quicker in the situation of the escapees however.

I wonder if the police has looked at the possibility of this child being baby Katherine Phillips, she was last seen with her father in June 2011 when she was 4 months old, but her body has never been found, there was mention that the parents were looking at adopting her out in the weeks before.

I wonder if the police has looked at the possibility of this child being baby Katherine Phillips, she was last seen with her father in June 2011 when she was 4 months old, but her body has never been found, there was mention that the parents were looking at adopting her out in the weeks before.

Interesting idea but Baby Kate seemed so fair and her parents do too. It's been implied that her father knows exactly what happened to her body but refuses to speak.

A couple thoughts as I look at this case and at Deer Island. I think that LE assumes the crime happened in the states or in the water near the states if she indeed washed ashore (as opposed to being placed in the water) because it seems it would take awhile for her to wash ashore from a foreign location and from the sounds of it, not much decomposition had taken place when she was found.

I wonder if LE has done any research on where her pants and blanket (as well as the trash bag) originated from. I've watched enough Forensic Files to know that they can track these types of items down to the store they were purchased in. That would tell them a lot about where her original location was.

Poor precious girl, my heart aches for her. I hope that she is given a name VERY soon.

I wonder if LE has done any research on where her pants and blanket (as well as the trash bag) originated from. I've watched enough Forensic Files to know that they can track these types of items down to the store they were purchased in. That would tell them a lot about where her original location was.

I am sure that I read somewhere online that her pants were from target, I need to see if I can find the link.

Scary how much little princess looks like a childhood friend's little girl. Same age, same size, brown hair, brown eyes... Haven't seen the little girl in about 6 months, but no way it's her. The resemblance is just uncanny.

The little girl I know is half hispanic, BTW.

You should report it or check on your friend's daughter and confirm she is ok.
I think the little girl found is half Hispanic IMO. She looked so much like Sophia Brown and Sophia was 1/2 Hispanic or more.
She has features of 1/2 Hispanic 1/2 Caucasian kids that I know.
Either that or she is possibly Portuguese from islands. For some reason I'm thinking this little one lived here in states but in a community of non English speakers and maybe undocumented immigrants which would explain them not reporting her missing.
I also think it's a female caretaker that placed her (yes placed) on the beach.

The dumping of the body would be a crime so the dump site would be possibly the secondary crime scene whereas if little princess died by foul play that location would be the primary crime scene.

Officials to Baby Doe's family: "Please step forward"
CRIMESIDER CBSNEWS/AP,
July 8 '15, 2:13 pm

[...]

"Massachusetts state police spokesman Dave Procopio told Crimesider. "But the most basic question is, who is she? What's her name?"

[... he said]

"If any local police department had taken a report on her by now, I think we would know,"

[... Conley states]

"authorities are awaiting the results of toxicology tests to determine if the girl was poisoned or ingested drugs."

[...]

"Please step forward, clear your conscience and help us identify this young child."

[... LE]

"continue our request for leads,"

[...]

"We need people to continue to look at her and think about her and let us know if anything in their memory clicks."

You should report it or check on your friend's daughter and confirm she is ok. I think the little girl found is half Hispanic IMO. She looked so much like Sophia Brown and Sophia was 1/2 Hispanic or more. She has features of 1/2 Hispanic 1/2 Caucasian kids that I know. Either that or she is possibly Portuguese from islands. For some reason I'm thinking this little one lived her in states but in a community of non English speakers and maybe undocumented immigrants which would explain them not reporting her missing.

I still think it is Maggie Sophia. How could anyone know she is ok without DNA? The mother hasn't seen her in years. They could tell her another child is her daughter.
How would she know?

Some have said that the body must not have washed ashore due to the location looking rocky and above water level. It is possible that the photos were taken at low tide and at high tide the water level could be close to or above the level of the rocks. I live about an hour from that area and I have friends who live on a beach nearby. During low tide there is a sandbar that people sometimes drive across but during high tide you cannot even see the sand bar, it's completely submerged.

I have an Edna hibbel painting that is titled Guatemalan girl. It is of a beautiful Guatemalan toddler that many think is a painting of my first born, but I am French, German, Spanish- Spain and very fair skinned. and husband is German, Irish. It prompted me to google Guatemalan children. She resembles many of their facial features. Their hair and skin are darker, however.

http://youthtoday.org/2014/08/family-separation-a-big-issue-for-kids-migrating-from-central-america/

She also looks a lot like some of the children from Spain. So maybe she's from Guatemala or Spain. But again this is far fetched. There are sooooo many possibilities when we have such limited information.

There are many different kinds of peoples in Guatemala, as elsewhere in Central America. The US has had "interests" in Central America (e.g. bananas & coffee) for substantially over a century, and other colonial powers before that. Many people in Latin American countries we would refer to as "biracial" in the US.

I suggested an Azorean link, since Boston has a large immigrant community from the Azores (in fact, there's a direct flight)

You should report it or check on your friend's daughter and confirm she is ok.
I think the little girl found is half Hispanic IMO. She looked so much like Sophia Brown and Sophia was 1/2 Hispanic or more.
She has features of 1/2 Hispanic 1/2 Caucasian kids that I know.
Either that or she is possibly Portuguese from islands. For some reason I'm thinking this little one lived here in states but in a community of non English speakers and maybe undocumented immigrants which would explain them not reporting her missing.

I absolutely agree that this was likely a female caretaker. I also wonder very much so about the idea that she belongs to illegals who feared reporting her ill (or worse) because it would be an issue of outing themselves. That the body apparently shows no signs (from what I gather in news reports) of abuse or trauma, it would seem this little girl suffered a natural or accidental death.
I do think it's weird she was found in a trash bag out in the open though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member