MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart was selling them here in the states a couple years ago. I bought three for camping, but they mainly get used as dog blankets on top of their beds.

I've also read posts here that Kmart was selling them too. So any remaining at the end of the season, were probably sold to a liquidator, and ended up in dollar store-type shops anywhere.

ETA I don't think I have seen the dimensions of Baby Doe's zebra blanket published in MSM.

Thanks. That's what I suspected too - I don't think the blanket will be of much use wrt identifying her :(

What concerns me the most, is that someone has discarded her as yesterday's trash. It just so sad to me, that someone felt this was an option. Wether it's because they didn't want to draw attention to the situation or they simply didn't care enough to handle it right, they still saw this as an option! My family and I relocated 1400 miles away from ALL family and friends. When my boys went back home for a week, our new neighbors came over after a few days to inquire if we are all ok, because they hadn't been outside. Somebody has to realize a kid is missing, I can't off the life of me understand why the dots aren't being connected!!

Yes, super strange. Makes me think this little girl possibly lived a transient lifestyle. My neighbors always notice/ask about my child. I have a friend who lives a rather spontaneous life and if I were to not see her or her kid for a while, I probably wouldn't think much of it.

Which THEN leads me to wonder if this family told others they were going on a two week vacay or something. Perhaps the little girl hasn't been missing for long enough for anyone close to her to really question her or her family's absence--yet.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

And the shape of the mouth, especially the upper lip. And the set of the eyes. All things that tend not to change as much as a person grows.

Absolutely. I am on pins and needles waiting to find out. Deep down, I do not think this is Baby Kate. I think something happened to Baby Kate years ago. But there is that part of me that wonder and perhaps for closure for the family, hopes...sadly :(

Absolutely. I am on pins and needles waiting to find out. Deep down, I do not think this is Baby Kate. I think something happened to Baby Kate years ago. But there is that part of me that wonder and perhaps for closure for the family, hopes...sadly :(

It does make me feel better to know that LE is taking every one of these tips, even the ones that seem rather far-fetched, and investigating them seriously. It may take a while but I think they will find her.

It does make me feel better to know that LE is taking every one of these tips, even the ones that seem rather far-fetched, and investigating them seriously. It may take a while but I think they will find her.

I agree :)

does anyone else remember that misty Cummings sister and her husband from Boston mass, were visiting Haleigh Cummings and Ron that weekend, now this body turns up in mass terribly decomposed and I need to know Missy's sisters name and her Husbands name.....Boston mass. And mass state police need to interview both of them, we need DNA.

Like with Maddie, we really don't need DNA to prove this girl isn't Haleigh. Haleigh was blonde (UID is brunette), she was half a foot shorter than the UID (remember, she had Turner syndrome), she was 5 years old (UID is believed to be 2 - 4), there is no evidence suggesting Haleigh would be outside Florida, she had a 4-inch round birthmark on her back (UID had no such mark), and the timing is WAY off. Haleigh would've either had to have stepped into a time warp OR be the most underdeveloped 10-year-old in the world to be this unidentified girl.

I think you're confused about the UID's postmortem interval. Her body was in pretty good condition with minimal decomposition; remember that the pathologist was able to determine her eye color, which is one of the first things to go when a body decomposes. So the postmortem interval can't be more than a few days, if that.

NCMEC also has unidentifed children on their database.

I realize that. I thought they were only a missing persons database - I didn't realize they had their own forensic artists on site.

I was just going through posts yesterday when I saw the Baby Kate post. They were fighting about putting the baby up for adoption when he drove off, and then confessed to killing her but hasn't mentioned where her body might be. Typically, if a murderer confesses to their crime, there's no reason to keep the body concealed. I'm wondering if he sold Baby Kate and then she died accidentally with her adoptive parents, but they don't want to be found because they didn't go through the legal system to adopt her. She was obviously cared for, so there's no reason for her family not to come forward unless they were guilty of a crime. JMO.

I totally agree that if the little girl is Kate that is probably close to what could have happened.

The nose on baby Kate is strikingly similar, and the shapes of noses don't change much until later, what ethnic background was she from?

Omg that is what I was thinking! The nose is almost identical and also the eyes too as well as shape of face.

Would she show obvious physical signs if her COD was being left in a hot car?

I believe her death was accidental but the person(s) responsible is well, avoiding responsibility.

The leggings, blanket and pierced ears are all about a mother who cared. I don't think that she was put in a trash bag by her mother. Most probably a noncustodial parent; most likely the father or step-father. The mother is likely in trouble and indisposed for other reasons. Maybe a drug user/prostitute in jail.

Don't know what leads me to this but it's my 2 cents.

The leggings, blanket and pierced ears are all about a mother who cared. I don't think that she was put in a trash bag by her mother. Most probably a noncustodial parent; most likely the father or step-father. The mother is likely in trouble and indisposed for other reasons. Maybe a drug user/prostitute in jail.

Don't know what leads me to this but it's my 2 cents.

I don't know- some mothers do terrible things as well. Think of Shaniya Davis. It does make sense that perhaps the non-custodial parent is responsible and the custodial parent does not even know that she is missing yet.

Yes, super strange. Makes me think this little girl possibly lived a transient lifestyle. My neighbors always notice/ask about my child. I have a friend who lives a rather spontaneous life and if I were to not see her or her kid for a while, I probably wouldn't think much of it.

Which THEN leads me to wonder if this family told others they were going on a two week vacay or something. Perhaps the little girl hasn't been missing for long enough for anyone close to her to really question her or her family's absence--yet.

True...maybe the family explained their absence by taking an extended vacation, I certainly hope that right now if someone has a neighbor who they haven't seen "even if they were going away for a bit" will consider it being the little girl. I truly am at a loss on this one. I don't often feel drawn to a case, but this one I feel like is driving me bonkers. Lol

I agree with the thought perhaps she is living a transient life, but surely someone has come in enough contact with her to realize who she is. But then again probably not. It's so strange there has to be one small thing off in the picture which is what is keeping her from being recognized. It's the only logical explanation (at least to me).

I wonder if perhaps Baby Doe's family is in a cult or some sort of fringe group. Many advocate against registering the birth of your children and children are not allowed to socialize with anyone outside of the group to prevent them from hearing outside ideas. In a situation like that members of the cult would advocate against reporting the child missing or dead and anyone outside the cult who knew the child would be used to not being in touch with that branch of the family for long stretches of time.

I feel like this was a child who didn't know very many people and was probably killed by a family member and thus won't be reported missing.

What concerns me the most, is that someone has discarded her as yesterday's trash. It just so sad to me, that someone felt this was an option. Wether it's because they didn't want to draw attention to the situation or they simply didn't care enough to handle it right, they still saw this as an option! My family and I relocated 1400 miles away from ALL family and friends. When my boys went back home for a week, our new neighbors came over after a few days to inquire if we are all ok, because they hadn't been outside. Somebody has to realize a kid is missing, I can't off the life of me understand why the dots aren't being connected!!

I couldn't agree more, unfortunately, not all neighborhoods have that same friendly neighbor vibe some of us are fortunate to have. Some neighborhoods have a "mind your own business" attitude.

And I haven't posted in this case because I didn't have anything to add and I know you super sluethers are already much further ahead of me. But I just went to abc news and saw the picture of the little angel and everytime I see it my heart breaks(I have a 2.5 year old daughter) and it makes me so angry and sick at the same time. Unless there is another body or bodies yet to be found, this girls caretakers are out there, living their life, hoping no one notices. That is sick. It's more sick to me than the numerous serial killers there have been. How could you care for this baby and then just continue living your life? The idea of something happening to my child ever is a crippling fear. If anything ever happened to her I seriously do not think I could carry on.

I keep wondering if the proximity to the airport has something to do with this. Could whoever have "placed" her there, immediately flown to the country of their origin? For the purpose of avoiding the US legal system? JMO ....Maybe LE should check out rental car returns and possibly boat rental returns.

I keep wondering if the proximity to the airport has something to do with this. Could whoever have "placed" her there, immediately flown to the country of their origin? For the purpose of avoiding the US legal system? JMO

I thought of that too.

I wonder how many people right now are saying "MY GOSH that child looks like ________" and may have even called the family, or maybe are just still in the phase of asking around to friends, "doesn't that kid look just like _____'.

And maybe the true tip is in the queue of tips that have already been submitted, but it sounds kind of weak. Like that child looks just like a neighbor who has now moved away I don't know where.

I wonder if perhaps Baby Doe's family is in a cult or some sort of fringe group. Many advocate against registering the birth of your children and children are not allowed to socialize with anyone outside of the group to prevent them from hearing outside ideas. In a situation like that members of the cult would advocate against reporting the child missing or dead and anyone outside the cult who knew the child would be used to not being in touch with that branch of the family for long stretches of time.

I feel like this was a child who didn't know very many people and was probably killed by a family member and thus won't be reported missing.

That thought crossed my mind as well... I studied gypsy/Roma/nomad groups in college. They tend to distrust people outside of their group. She may have been part of one of those types of groups and had an accident, and the group didn't know what else to do with her. That's a reach, but it's something. There is a stigma that the Roma steal children, but there hasn't been a single case proven to be kidnapping, it's just vastly different coloring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper