MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one have an idea of how much longer toxicology will take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be reading into this more than I should but from your link, this quote:

"What must have her life been like to end so horribly," asked Gov. Charlie Baker, who eulogized the girl. "Did she believe she had people in her corner up until that horrible, violent death?"

Is it just phrasing? As far as we know there is still no COD and it's been stated she had no major injuries, correct? I guess all murders of children would be considered a "Horrible, violent death" though. Just thought it was odd wording. I'm probably grasping at straws, we have nothing to go on here.

All MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you're reading too much into it, honestly. Her life ended up with her in a garbage bag and no one to claim her, I'd call that ending horribly. Regardless of her life before and how she died, it was a horrible ending.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think you're reading too much into it, honestly. Her life ended up with her in a garbage bag and no one to claim her, I'd call that ending horribly. Regardless of her life before and how she died, it was a horrible ending.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree about this.

Gov. Baker is prone to rhetorical flourishes that sometimes don't hold up to detailed scrutiny. I doubt if he meant anything more than that.

About the earrings in the recon...using simple gold stud earrings only might be a mistake as it's always possible the mom or aunt had the child wear longer, more fancy and feminine earrings.

About the earrings in the recon...using simple gold stud earrings only might be a mistake as it's always possible the mom or aunt had the child wear longer, more fancy and feminine earrings.

I can't imagine anyone putting dangling earrings on a child this age... too much risk of them grabbing them, getting them caught on clothing or in their hair, a sibling or other child grabbing at them because they are shiny, etc., all which would result in a screaming child, something most people want to avoid!

Many local folks on social media have indicated that the unidentified toddler looks like a girl who went missing from Santa Caterina, Brazil. With Boston's seafaring history, the area has historically had a good number of Portuguese-speaking people...originally most were from Portugal, but in recent decades many Brazilians have become New Englanders and many make their home in communities near the coast.

Most of the discussion I could find about Emili Anacleto Miranda, the missing Brazilian girl, are in Brazilian news sites. I don't speak Portuguese so I am relying a bit on Google to help me out. It appears that originally, the similarities were considered, but the consulate did not believe the two girls were a match

However a Brazilian news agency said yesterday that an American researcher will be coming to Brazil to collect a genetic sample from Emili's mother. The sample will then be compared with Baby Doe.

Here is the story from yesterday:
http://translate.google.com/transla...r-dna-de-mae-de-desaparecida.html&prev=search

http://jornaldesantacatarina.clicrb...eua-deve-ficar-pronto-em-30-dias-4812423.html

From Brazilian press, says the DNA results can take up to 30 days. The DNA sample was already collected.
Police don't believe she is baby DOE since Emili was 3 and the Boston doe is said to be 4 , but they're doing the DNA test to exclude the possibility.
The LE officer responsible for Emili's case says baby DOE is not the main line of their investigation, that they are researching some other leads.
Emili's dissapearance is weird (can't find a topic for her here), they say she was taken by her father while he was on "assisted visitation" (I don't know what that means but probably something to do with CPS) at the mother's house , saturday,21 May 2014.
Three days later they found the father's burning body near his car in some beach and no trace of Emili , they're still actively searching for her.

Awww it must've been deleted.... someone was saying they have very reliable information on who they thought baby doe was... and they had pictures of her, but they wouldn't say anymore. Probably another false lead. :(

I'm always suspicious of people who say thinks like that on social media and not to the police...

What, they called it in and didn't get called back?

i'm not religious, like at all.... but sometimes a gathering of prayer really can help a miracle come about... I truly do believe that.... there is still hope to ID her..... I know i'm sounding like a mushy mom at the moment lol... but it may take nothing short of a miracle to solve this case....even ID'ing her....

Of course, there's also the possibility that a relative or someone who knew her might show up at the memorial, especially if this was an accidental/natural death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay