MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
$$$$$$$. Foster care is expensive.

Would be better to pay for Foster Care than supporting dead beat parents and searches for missing children. Our system is so broken.

I'm so confused by the contrast between all the photos/videos of Bella on her mom's FaceBook and then the image of that same kid being found dead in a trash bag less than one year later. Her mom was absolutely in love with that baby. What happened?

I think it may have to do with overcompensation, or even guilt. Parents who feel self conscious or judged about their parenting sometimes go overboard and almost appear to spoil their kids. I have witnessed it myself. The alcoholic parent that points to these actions when its suggested that their addiction takes something away from their children. "What do you mean I don't take care of my kids??!? They are well fed, have the best clothes, best toys, etc, etc.." or the absent father who shows up once a year but when he does its Disneyland and Toys R Us, or whatever.. You ever notice all those couples on Facebook that are always sooo sappy and lovey-dovey with their posts to each other or constantly posting pics of themselves kissing, etc....when they aren't cheating and/or beating the ***** out of each other? Overcompensation.

ETA: I would further suggest that a parent that has already had kids taken away by the system has even more reason to "keep up appearances" even if its subconscious.

MOO

Especially since she has on most likely the SAME polka dot leggings in a pic ON FB. People saw her in those... and NO ONE remembered? Really? Sorry, not feeling sorry at ALL for family/friends that didn't even question it was her.

The pants in the photo on FB were not the same color as the ones she was found in.

I must be "too nosy" or something, but the next-door neighbor said her daughter played with Bella but she didn't know Bella's name? And Bella was upset a lot of the time. That would have me being EVEN MORE NOSY.

Siomy Torres, who lives next door and did not know the little girl’s name, said the girl used to play with Torres’s daughter. The two children would run around and play with chalk on the porch, she said.

But the girl was often upset, according to Torres. “Half the time she was crying,” she said, adding that she thought the child was no longer around because she was in state custody.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...d-girl-case/s58tkf5mRxtepG1YRBy9FO/story.html

sadly, by the time the digitalized picture of Bella came out, it was too late. Even if someone had called it in, she was already gone.

I wish those same people had taken some action BEFORE the murder. Anyone who knew Mom was doing hard drugs and being neglectful needed to try and have CPS reopen the case. Where was BioDad and the Grandmothers?

the first one is hailey dunbar blanchette :(

CO5tLkOWoAAuacf.jpg
CPMmTLxUAAAilA5.jpg
CPNZJ8lUsAA3DBD.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/cbsboston/status/644901600499097601/photo/1

Oh, nice that she's smiling. And he looks like he should be having drug treatment... oh, wait...
He looks like a relative of Sloth from the Goonies....with Sanpaku eyes, nevertheless...

And she smiles.

What kind of heart can allow its face to smile, knowing its own flesh and blood was tossed to a watery grave? Not a mother's heart...I can promise that. A mother's heart may can force the mouth to smile, but only with overwhelming sadness, grief, and tears pouring from her eyes, the window of the soul.

I'm sorry, bellissimo baby Bella. I can't wait to hug you in heaven.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...s-poignancy/qoc5KIevGY3t06dpPeLxeN/story.html

"For nearly three months, employees at the Deer Island waste-water treatment plant have mourned and kept faith with the anonymous little girl whose body washed ashore on the rocky beach nearby, raising money for her burial and a memorial of their own design.

And on Friday, after the bronze fawn had arrived and the granite marker had been laid, after the child-sized bench had been secured and a cherry sapling had been planted behind it, they had planned a quiet dedication. Then came the sudden news: the girl, named Bella, had been identified. "
snipped

Please see photo of beautiful memorial in article at link. So poignant that the service was today when news of Bella's identity was revealed. They had a beautiful service for her.

Engraved at memorial:

" For reasons we may never know

An angel came to our shores

Causing us to shed a collective tear

May she rest in peace and never be forgotten.

As the crowd slowly dispersed, Brazil said Bella’s name would be added to the marker. Even as the mysterious girl’s identity began to take shape, Brazil and the others continued to struggle with a question that has haunted them since June: “How,” she asked, “could someone throw away a child?”"

Well this was great, yet bittersweet news to come home to! I am so glad they found out who she is. I haven't heard any details yet and I have like 50 pages of this thread left to read, I just know they arrested her mother and mom's BF. Hopefully I'll learn more as I read on. I hope they throw the book at these two horrible people.

I did hear that she was in fact placed on the beach and who did it. I'm pretty proud of myself for guessing at least 2 of the pieces of the puzzle (that she was placed and it was family) though they weren't super mysterious. Not trying to toot my own horn, it's just I'm in school for law enforcement and voraciously read all these cases (and more) to learn about stuff like this.

RIP Bella. You deserved so much better. I hope you are at peace.

some babies cry all.the.time. i mentioned uptrhead, but my step grand daughter lives w us and she is ALWAYS crying, and shes not an unhappy kid. i have a 2 and a half year old son (they are a few months apart) and this kid cries more in a day than he does in two weeks! and she can talk, he barely talks!!! so that of itself doesnt mean much.

I must be "too nosy" or something, but the next-door neighbor said her daughter played with Bella but she didn't know Bella's name? And Bella was upset a lot of the time. That would have me being EVEN MORE NOSY.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...d-girl-case/s58tkf5mRxtepG1YRBy9FO/story.html

I was thinking the same thing. Those look like DMV photos.
They issued him permission to operate a motor vehicle looking like that??? He looks more spaced out than Apollo 9.

Lord, have mercy on us all!

some babies cry all.the.time. i mentioned uptrhead, but my step grand daughter lives w us and she is ALWAYS crying, and shes not an unhappy kid. i have a 2 and a half year old son (they are a few months apart) and this kid cries more in a day than he does in two weeks! and she can talk, he barely talks!!! so that of itself doesnt mean much.

That in itself doesn't mean much perhaps, but taken with everything else that is coming out, I think it's safe to say that little Bella had a hard life whether she was a natural-born "crier" or not. (in my opinion)

I didn't mean that I would automatically call authorities if a child cried a lot, but I certainly would make it my business to make contact with mom as much as I could to figure out what was going on in that house.

I also would at least know the name of a little girl my daughter plays with, even to just say hello to her by name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010