MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heart breaking :(
I see a few possibilities here:

1. They may have withheld the COD, despite what they said publicly.
2. Decomp may have made bruising and bleeding harder to detect (maybe?)
3. RB is lying.

I hate to say it but if her COD was in fact due to stomach punches, I just hope she passed as quickly as possible. If not, she could have been alive for several days and died from a very painful infection known as peritonitis and/or sepsis. She may have been very sick for several days, exhibiting severe flu-like symptoms. I'm sorry for mentioning that but its a significant possibility with abdominal trauma.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...d_he_killed_bella_bond_because_she_had_demons

"“She told me the whole story,” Amoroso said. “She was very emotional, sincere through the whole thing, and I believe her. I believe her — that it was this man who murdered our daughter, murdered a 2-year-old.”

Sorry for the repost, just saw Susieq beat me to it.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

Could this be an attempt to secure an insanity defense? Wondering what other people think...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know. She was previously involved with someone who dug up corpses to make pipes. She hung around very dark-thinking people. They are messed up, but I don't think they can make the claim of insanity.

jmo

I suppose everything I have to say has already been expressed by everyone else here. My one issue though is that I do not think that RB loved her daughter at all. So she had a few facebook posts. I know many parents who love their children to death, and they don't write about it on facebook. RB put that stuff on facey to look good to other people, not because she loved her daughter. Hardcore drug addicts cannot form loving relationships with people. It is physically impossible for them because the "love" parts of the brain are taken over by drugs.

I haven't been able to believe whoever did this loved her even before she was identified. The way she was thrown away showed no love for her, no kindness, no grief. They literally threw Bella away. That boggles my mind. I know people have done it before and will do it again -- but I can't ever begin to understand how one devalues life (and particularly the life of a child) so much that they can just throw a person away.

I wish that we as a society would take this time to reevaluate our policy of trying to keep families together when CPS gets involved. Let's just get the child out of the situation and place him or her with a loving and stable family. If mom and dad want to turn their lives around, they can but that should be their own thing independent of their child.

The reasoning behind keeping families together is to minimize trauma on the child. Children love even bad parents and may internalize the separation as being their fault. Giving parents the resources to become better parents is always the best option whenever possible because it leads to the best possible outcome for kids -- when the parents want to be better. Unfortunately, not all parents WANT to be good parents, and so children like Bella fall through the cracks. Maybe a graduated system of CPS-oversight would be better, but I'm not sure how feasible that is given how heavy their caseload already is (which is a sad, sad reflection of our society).

Please excuse the graphic nature of my post. I did some googling last night about decomp and a freezer or refrigerator. There would still be decomp in a refrigerator. Usually the organs are among the first to decompose. I think that even if things unfolded as described, they may not have been able to tell because things were such a mess internally.
Also, based on what I found, I think they had an idea if she may have been deceased longer then she had been out on the island. I remember thinking myself that the fact that she had no fingerprints after an estimated 36 hours seemed odd. Add to the fact that "putrification" was listed as making her unrecognizable and being unclear as to whether she had been in the water or not. If the body was as "fresh" as 36 hours, those threw up some big flags as far as inconsistencies. It never crossed my mind she had been frozen or refrigerated, but I'm not trained in these things. It seems the investigators must have had an idea there was some discrepancies with the condition of the body based on decomp, if that makes sense.

My view and I would truly like the laws changed. When do children stop being possessions in America?

1. If someone loses parental rights, that person (s) are sterilized. They had their chance. Done, Cannot experiment on real live children anymore. Not ethical just like with animal experimentation.
2. A father who will not provide support to a child is sterilized after one child. He can play, but if he will not pay, he is done reproducing, We do not accept puppy mills. A man can have numerous children

I have the same weird feeling about her, firewood. Her facebook posts and that video of that child waking up from her nap and being made to "look at the table, look at the table, look what mommy and auntie did for you look at all this look at the table look what I did for you while you napped". Lord. And all those pictures, Mommy and Bella. It's just like a fake love. Honestly reminds me of Casey Anthony posing making faces with her daughter. Weird.

You see other parents, who have mother love, when their child gets up from a nap and is a little woozy they hold them and say things like wait just a minute, she's still a little bit sleepy. She's just waking up. Snuggle. This whole video where she commands her to look at the table in the voice other mothers command their kids to get back from the street.

First of all, she is clearly high in that video. What sort of a mother is high at her daughter's birthday party? Then as you say the focus is not on Bella but rather on what "mom did for her". My guess is that Bella would have gotten no party at all had Aunt Shannon not been there. RB didn't want to look bad in front of her sister so she got some balloons and a disposable table cloth and threw Bella a "lavish" party. There are no other kids there (even though there were kids her age at the apartment complex), and there is no video of Bella's first birthday. And, apparently, when Bella had her third birthday it struck no one in RB's life as odd that there was no party. This poor child was severely neglected; ten facebook posts don't mean jack. Keep in mind there are no pictures of Bella at the park, with other kids her age, with relatives, on trips, etc. They are all taken in the apartment and I can tell that several are from one "photo shoot session".

How do they know that he killed her? He's blaming her and she's blaming him, so why do they believe her vs him?

No, June 21-23

3. RB is lying.

I hate to say it but if her COD was in fact due to stomach punches, I just hope she passed as quickly as possible. If not, she could have been alive for several days and died from a very painful infection known as peritonitis and/or sepsis. She may have been very sick for several days, exhibiting severe flu-like symptoms. I'm sorry for mentioning that but its a significant possibility with abdominal trauma.

So this means her approximate time of death is June 12-13 (a Friday or Saturday). Party night? I'm having a problem with the COD if there was no skeletal evidence of this. Broken ribs or cartilage would occur IMO. The person who killed her INTENTIONALLY is seriously sick. JMO

I think they will both get more charges added. The police charged them with what they'd admitted to already just to get the process started, IMO.
I think there will be a slew of new charges for each of them.

BBM
The little balls were pompons -- they're just decorative.

As for the over-the-top display (pure speculation on my part), it could have been cycle-of-abuse behavior, or the honeymoon phase. After an incident, the abusive person feels guilty and goes on a spree with lots of overt displays of love and affection and lots of gifts. Again, pure speculation only, but that's what pinged my radar.

I think it was a display as part of a neglect cycle. I don't think it was a honeymoon stage AFTER abuse but a honeymoon stage BEFORE neglect. Based on my observation of a certain someone in my extended family, this "over the top" display with the mom insisting to get credit for her efforts from the child leads to frustration when the child isn't thankful enough...and that sends the parent packing. The parent either disappears by taking off or disappears into a phase of neglect and drug use.

It's like the parent makes too much effort and it's impossible to maintain so they give up completely. They set themselves up for failure, and that's the pattern I'm seeing with RB

JMO.

I haven't been able to believe whoever did this loved her even before she was identified. The way she was thrown away showed no love for her, no kindness, no grief. They literally threw Bella away. That boggles my mind. I know people have done it before and will do it again -- but I can't ever begin to understand how one devalues life (and particularly the life of a child) so much that they can just throw a person away.

The reasoning behind keeping families together is to minimize trauma on the child. Children love even bad parents and may internalize the separation as being their fault. Giving parents the resources to become better parents is always the best option whenever possible because it leads to the best possible outcome for kids -- when the parents want to be better. Unfortunately, not all parents WANT to be good parents, and so children like Bella fall through the cracks. Maybe a graduated system of CPS-oversight would be better, but I'm not sure how feasible that is given how heavy their caseload already is (which is a sad, sad reflection of our society).

I am saying that the reasoning behind it is a bit asinine. Yes, ideally the parents would get their act together, but realistically most don't. And I completely agree that it is traumatizing to be taken from your parents. But what if Bella, at age 2 had been taken from her mom? Yeah it would be upsetting and she would have to make her adjustment. But at 2 she would make it quickly and then she would be spared an entire childhood of additional traumas. It seems better to have the trauma of being separated from the crappy parent than to have 18 years of constant trauma and neglect. But what do I know? I am just an unqualified person who can clearly see that the current system we have is a miserable failure of epic proportions for these kids. So yeah, let's keep it doing it the same way! Eventually theory will meet practice and our policies will work perfectly!

Agree!!!! SICK <modsnip>!!!!!

3. RB is lying.

I found it. I feel like stringing a bunch of curse words. We can't swear here can we? I can't convey my anger properly right now. It just gets worse and worse.

I read this morning that the LE indicated that Bella was kept in a refrigerator a number of days after she was killed, before her body was brought to deer island.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...orities-say/wLIDYWKmrIBZZgBExcWRsI/story.html

Does anyone know if this would this minimize blood flow after the fact or impact trauma showing up on the autopsy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My dad is a doctor and I bruise easily. He always tells me to immediately put an ice bag on a spot I just bumped rug so it doesn't bruise. It really really works. I'll turn green purple black then yellow if I hit my leg on the corner of a chair etc, but if I immediately put ice on it, I don't bruise. Maybe they immediately out her in the freezer?

But I'm having a hard time believing Rachelle would own a large meat freezer. I'm thinking her house is equipped with a less expensive old school top freezer refrigerator. I guess you could fit a 2 year old in a top freezer without breaking bones etc if you emptied it out completely??

She was willing to do sexual things for $20. Wow. That is nothing. I wonder if she was willing to maje more money using her child?

To put your kid in the freezer tells me she has zero thought or care for her child. Just continued partying on

My view and I would truly like the laws changed. When do children stop being possessions in America?

1. If someone loses parental rights, that person (s) are sterilized. They had their chance. Done, Cannot experiment on real live children anymore. Not ethical just like with animal experimentation.
2. A father who will not provide support to a child is sterilized after one child. He can play, but if he will not pay, he is done reproducing, We do not accept puppy mills. A man can have numerous children

I've never thought about it this way, but you make good points. I, too, think that something needs to be done. First step, imo, immediately start drug testing those on federal assistance. Take it away from them and force them into rehab if they test positive. The money we're giving them to blow on drugs could go towards some type of rehab. If they refuse than they are on their own. Look where she's living? A nice home that the tax payers are paying for. She's a prostitute druggie and now accessory to murder.

I hope something good will come out of this, for Bella's sake and in her memory.

To me, it really looks like RB told the biological father, who then in turn told his sister and she was the one who called in the tip.

The father may have called his sister, being overwhelmed by the information and also uncertain as to its truth, knowing the history of the mother. Having just come from Florida, he may not have known about the widespread coverage of a missing toddler girl, but his sister most likely did.

We will find out more at the arraignment.
I agree.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Please excuse the graphic nature of my post. I did some googling last night about decomp and a freezer or refrigerator. There would still be decomp in a refrigerator. Usually the organs are among the first to decompose. I think that even if things unfolded as described, they may not have been able to tell because things were such a mess internally.
Also, based on what I found, I think they had an idea if she may have been deceased longer then she had been out on the island. I remember thinking myself that the fact that she had no fingerprints after an estimated 36 hours seemed odd. Add to the fact that "putrification" was listed as making her unrecognizable and being unclear as to whether she had been in the water or not. If the body was as "fresh" as 36 hours, those threw up some big flags as far as inconsistencies. It never crossed my mind she had been frozen or refrigerated, but I'm not trained in these things. It seems the investigators must have had an idea there was some discrepancies with the condition of the body based on decomp, if that makes sense.

I think you're right. That's exactly the vibe I felt as this case unfolded. The findings about the body were just so strange, but nobody could really pinpoint what was strange. It didn't occur to us that the child was refrigerated before being discarded.

:(

jmo

She was willing to do sexual things for $20. Wow. That is nothing. I wonder if she was willing to maje more money using her child?

To put your kid in the freezer tells me she has zero thought or care for her child. Just continued partying on

bbm: That's a horrifying thought.

I am saying that the reasoning behind it is a bit asinine. Yes, ideally the parents would get their act together, but realistically most don't. And I completely agree that it is traumatizing to be taken from your parents. But what if Bella, at age 2 had been taken from her mom? Yeah it would be upsetting and she would have to make her adjustment. But at 2 she would make it quickly and then she would be spared an entire childhood of additional traumas. It seems better to have the trauma of being separated from the crappy parent than to have 18 years of constant trauma and neglect. But what do I know? I am just an unqualified person who can clearly see that the current system we have is a miserable failure of epic proportions for these kids. So yeah, let's keep it doing it the same way! Eventually theory will meet practice and our policies will work perfectly!

As a retired teacher who was a mandated reporter, I say in most cases take the child away . There are programs tbat work with parents intensively . Do they work? We should find out because I doubt it.

But, foster placement is incredibly expensive and there simply are not enough homes for children. And if people take these children , there needs to be intensive support.

Will we do something or will we continue to fill prisons with messed up people?

We are willing to spend plenty on incarceration, but nothing on proactive solutions.

Why is that? And it isn't as if he ultra rich aren't producing drug and FAS babies.

To me, the ultra rich and the poor do the same things. The rich have the money to cover it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee