MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's going for a plea of not guilty? I bet he really will try to claim insanity then. Un-*advertiser censored**ing-believable. I don't know much about Massachusetts law, but is it safe to assume their insanity guidelines aren't nearly as strict a place like Texas? Jesus I hope he's found guilty. He deserves prison, not a mental institution. He's a sick sick man, but not in that way. Baby Bella deserves justice.

Assuming however that he doesn't claim insanity, it'll probably be a game of "He did it, No she did it!!!" between MM and RB. Ugh.

Given the mom's past history and occupation, ahem, how do we know for sure the alleged bio dad is the bio dad? JMO

I think my opinion will likely be unpopular here. But I don't see an extremely happy little girl in that video. I see a little girl who is used to getting presents, but actually seems a bit nervous and doesn't know how she should act. I see a beautiful, precious, innocent little darling who should have been cherished. If my little guys had seen balloons and presents, they would have been running in to the room and jumping for joy.

Rest gently little Bella. You are safe in His arms now. No one will ever try to hurt you again. You are cherished and loved.

While I agree, for the most part...I just don't think there's one right or wrong way for a toddler to react to such things. In this case, you are probably correct. But my son today could not have cared less when he saw presents waiting for him. And once he "opened" (we helped) one...he was quite content to play with that and ignore everything else. That certainly doesn't make him unhappy. That's just his personality.

It is bothering me there is all this info out there about RB and zip on MM. They've talked to multiple family members, multiple friends, old landlords, neighbors, neighbors of her family members. They've covered her arrest record in detail. The cities she's lived in. But not one family member, friend, acquaintance, old classmates, detailed record, city...nothing on MM. It's so strange.
I mean he's only been with her for a few months, right? What was he doing before that? This is driving me crazy.

People aren't interested in him. They want to hear about the mother.

Given the mom's past history and occupation, ahem, how do we know for sure the alleged bio dad is the bio dad? JMO

I agree but I can really tell he is the father. It is unusual for a baby that age to have such prominent and heavy brows and you can tell she got those from her father.

They all plead not guilty this early on - probably going to try and plea bargain to lesser charges - manslaughter or helping the mother do it. Doubt insanity will be an issue. Unsure what the likelihood of success would be - the police will want to get a murder conviction in such an awful, high profile case, but it will depend on the strength of the evidence whether or not they agree to a plea, which I'm sure would not be lenient in any case.

ETA: While the mother was obviously already a mess, I do think it is possible that this guy really did have her under his thumb given what he has shown himself to be capable of. She may have been a heroin addict, but if he was injecting her with large amounts in her jugular, she could still easily be overpowered and incapacitated and unable to figure out what to do. Not saying I think she is blameless by any means, but at least in the aftermath she may have been unable to escape and process what had happened. I hope to god this isn't like the Riley case where the mother was letting it go on for hours - i still can't wrap my mind around that one. And it's horrifying to me how many men capable of this date women with children. They've got real issues and I'm always amazed they didn't get in big trouble sooner due to their lack of control.

I retract any sympathy I had for bio dad. If he knew at any point and didn't contact LE, then he failed Bella just as badly as many others.

I too doubt insanity will be an issue. From what i could find on the insanity defense in MA:

The Supreme Judicial Court has found that “a person is not responsible for criminal conduct, if at the time of such conduct as a result of mental disease or defect, he lacks substantial capacity either to appreciate the wrongfulness of his conduct or to conform his conduct to the requirements of law.” For reference, being intoxicated or under the influence of an illegal substance does not qualify as having a mental disease or defect. “Because I got high,” will not work as an insanity defense unless the substance was ingested involuntarily.

Source :http://www.bostoncriminallawyerblog...ails-for-south-boston-convicted-murderer.html

It is bothering me there is all this info out there about RB and zip on MM. They've talked to multiple family members, multiple friends, old landlords, neighbors, neighbors of her family members. They've covered her arrest record in detail. The cities she's lived in. But not one family member, friend, acquaintance, old classmates, detailed record, city...nothing on MM. It's so strange.
I mean he's only been with her for a few months, right? What was he doing before that? This is driving me crazy.

I agree. Would love to know more details about him, his family, his whereabouts in a timeline format. I find the complete silence strange. Does anyone have a classmates account?

Also, for what it's worth, my daughter will be 3 at the end of January. Right now she is 38" tall and 38lbs. I'm not even tall, I'm like 61" on a tall day, and it really adds to the people thinking she must be older. My best friends sister said "how old is she, like 4?" And is not the first person to make comments like that. So I think Bella was just a tall, beautiful little girl.

And oh I can only imagine the horrors RB faced...could you imagine being an addict and having someone forcing you to take drugs? Oh it must have just been awful. (Sarcasm set to maximum level). At least if she would have OD'd I might have had a small sliver of hope that she actual felt remorseful.

I hope they are both miserable and are charged with murder, get LWOP, and die in prison stone cold sober. Neither of them deserve to walk free and enjoy whatever pathetic existence they called life was ever again. And RB should never be blessed to hold a baby or be called mommy by another child ever.

ETA: yesterday I was sad. Sickened and sad. Today, I'm sickened and angry. Angry at all the people who didn't listen to that voice within to speak up, reach out, do what was right. And I have a special amount of fury and anger for those two charged. It's immeasurable.

This. Saying no apparent cause of death made everyone assume it was not a murder. Then we tried to figure out why on earth a person would not report an accidental death, who would be scared of the police. I don't know why illegal immigrants came forth way more than drug users. Now that I think about it it makes sense. I think we were thinking of who had most to lose by reporting to the police. A drug user could clean up their home, remove the drugs and paraphernalia, an illegal immigrant could not so easily hide their status. Just throwing out ideas here. But now that we know at least the boyfriend and maybe the mom was a hardcore user it makes more sense, since those people are not thinking right in the first place.

If they can prove she saw this happening before Bella was dead I would think they'd be able to charge her with more, because then it wouldn't only be "after the fact". That might be all they have, and all they'll ever have, unfortunately. They will need to meet the burden of proof if they are going to trial, and if they are trying to get a full confession before going to trial they might give her incentives to tell the truth (ie immunity from further charges if she tells what really happens). It's a double edged sword because you want the truth (and people are more likely to tell the truth when there will not be consequences) but at the same time you want this (bleep) to get the harshest punishment possible.

They could give him Suboxone or Methadone to ease his withdrawal and allow him to be in court, depends on what kind of treatment he's in. I personally hope he's as sick as can be, because I've worked with people and been told it's the absolute worst feeling ever, and he deserves to suffer (not being threatening, dope-sickness is not deadly, just nearly intolerably miserable) but they could help him to be ok for court. Just depends. I guess we'll see on Monday. If he is not on Subs or Methadone and they make him go in I'd love to see how he looks because he is going to be in bad shape.

With the guys who have apparently been in and out of her life in just the last couple of years, and the fractured relationships with her family, I am guessing Rachelle did not have a lot of people in her life long term. Even the friends she had seemed to have been from a shelter, and probably more short term as well. She probably never had anyone in her life long enough for someone to really get close enough, sadly. Between drug issues and anger issues that have been reported I can't imagine she was someone (normal) people wanted to continue to be around, so her family had already pretty much cut ties and everyone else seemed to be in and out of the picture fairly quickly. This poor little girl had no one.

These stories always cut me, as I had cancer when I was 19 and had a total hysterectomy and I have no chance of having my own children ever. I would have loved to have a beautiful little daughter like Bella. So sad to see these people who are too selfish or drugged up or just plain stupid to appreciate what they have and how lucky they are.

They cut me too. I'm so sorry you are unable to have children. I was blessed to have one beautiful little boy, but I spent months in a hospital bed while I was pregnant with him, due to a rare unpredictable complication, having blood transfusions and trying to stop preterm labor. I can't have anymore children and I always wanted a big family. Then I have to hear stories of people killing their precious little one. I would have loved to give Bella a wonderful home. Life truly isn't fair sometimes, not to you or me and certainly not to Bella.

RB's sister said in the video that she had witnessed RB becoming angry and volatile with baby Bella and often yelled at her. Said that Bella was having language problems. She said that she felt that RB should have never had children.

I have a child with a speech and language delay and let me say...it is rough. I can see someone with very little patience just snapping because of it. It's scary to think about.

It's so complicated and there are sooooooooo many using abd abusing the system while still procreating abd soooooooo many addicted to hard drugs that there really is no good answer. It's overwhelming to think about. Getting drugs off the street would be a start, but we kkne that won't happen. Sterilizing these addicts that can't take care of themselves let alone their children- that won't happen. There's really no perfect realistic answer. We SAY we would adopt Bella, but there are lots of Bella's out there and we are to adopting them. I know I'm not up for adopting a child in foster care- I have 5 children of my own to raise. Of course if someone showed up on my doorstep with Bella and said "tomorow this baby's crack *advertiser censored* mom is going to allow her heroine addicted boyfriend to beat her death then will put her in a freezer then dump her in a garbage bag on the shore near a waste treatment facility. Would you adopt her so this doesn't happen? " I would say yes and would really adopt her. But that's not how it works, ya know. It's sad. Does something need to be done? Yes. But what? Most of these people don't want to get better and most of these people keep procreating while we pay for them to eat and receive healthcare. I don't see an easy fix.

There are a lot of Bella's out there, but they aren't adoptable. I did attempt to adopt a little girl who looks almost identical to Bella. I tried to adopt her when she was 18 months old along with her older brother who was 11 months older. My son is the same age as the little girl. They were taken in to state care when the little girl was newborn due to their mothers drug use. My close friends ended up fostering them for 18 months and I decided to apply to me a foster parent in hopes of fostering to adopt these children. However, after 18 months they reunited them with their mother. Three months later they were again back in state care and back at my friend's home only now both children were a mess both emotionally and physically. I thought for sure this time they would be adoptable, but no, eight months later they were given to their mother again. Within 8 weeks, they were again back in state care due to severe neglect by their mother. Only this time the mother petitioned a judge and child services to move them to a foster home closer to her because it was too much of a burden for her to travel 35 minutes once a week to visit her children in the only stable and loving home they have ever known. This woman is so selfish she used drugs, neglected her children and then for her own needs uproots them from the only home they have ever known. It was heartbreaking for all of us. My friends were packing up the children's things to go to their new foster home and the little boy gave some of the things back and said he wanted to leave them there to use when he came back. He didn't understand he was never coming back this time. I could never be a foster to adopt parent based on this experience and it breaks my heart to think how life will turn out for these two beautiful children, if one of their mothers druggie boyfriends doesn't kill them first. Its so frustrating for me because I am ready and willing to take in these babies, I'm desperate for more children, but the system prevents me from being able to help them.

Does anyone happen to know her weight and height (correct)? My daughter was born 4th of august 2012. .. I'll weigh and measure her for comparison. She's average sized for her age group

Edited to add my daughters weight and height...

16kg
94cms tall

Does anyone happen to know her weight and height (correct)? My daughter was born 4th of august 2012. .. I'll weigh and measure her for comparison. She's average sized for her age group

I only know that her official missing poster stated:

"...weighed about 30 pounds, and stood about 3-1/2 feet tall"

There are a lot of Bella's out there, but they aren't adoptable. I did attempt to adopt a little girl who looks almost identical to Bella. I tried to adopt her when she was 18 months old along with her older brother who was 11 months older. My son is the same age as the little girl. They were taken in to state care when the little girl was newborn due to their mothers drug use. My close friends ended up fostering them for 18 months and I decided to apply to me a foster parent in hopes of fostering to adopt these children. However, after 18 months they reunited them with their mother. Three months later they were again back in state care and back at my friend's home only now both children were a mess both emotionally and physically. I thought for sure this time they would be adoptable, but no, eight months later they were given to their mother again. Within 8 weeks, they were again back in state care due to severe neglect by their mother. Only this time the mother petitioned a judge and child services to move them to a foster home closer to her because it was too much of a burden for her to travel 35 minutes once a week to visit her children in the only stable and loving home they have ever known. This woman is so selfish she used drugs, neglected her children and then for her own needs uproots them from the only home they have ever known. It was heartbreaking for all of us. My friends were packing up the children's things to go to their new foster home and the little boy gave some of the things back and said he wanted to leave them there to use when he came back. He didn't understand he was never coming back this time. I could never be a foster to adopt parent based on this experience and it breaks my heart to think how life will turn out for these two beautiful children, if one of their mothers druggie boyfriends doesn't kill them first. Its so frustrating for me because I am ready and willing to take in these babies, I'm desperate for more children, but the system prevents me from being able to help them.

It is so heartbreaking to me that our system puts druggie moms with limited interest in their children ahead of the well-being of the children. When are we going to say enough is enough? Keeping families together should not be the priority; doing what is best for the child ought to be.

The way we send these children continuously back to their neglectful parents is a great shame of our nation.

I only know that her official missing poster stated:

"...weighed about 30 pounds, and stood about 3-1/2 feet tall"

Thanks. So she was approximately the same size as my daughter born a few days earlier than Bella.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/09/19/bella/gTUv3lRRWmVY5uIdrbW0SP/story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ReadMore

“Our daughter is dead,” Amoroso claimed Bond confessed to him. “The guy that’s been living in my house murdered our daughter.”

Amoroso, 32, said Bond told him that her boyfriend, 35-year-old Michael McCarthy, killed their daughter because he was convinced she was possessed by demons; the little girl died weeks before her body was discovered June 25, stuffed in a black plastic trash bag on a rocky beach on Deer Island.

Amoroso said he was sickened by what he had learned and that he and Bond talked about whether they should go to the police or FBI. They never did. He said Bond sent a text alerting someone else that Bella was dead and that person notified police. However, that assertion could not be confirmed.

<snipped>

It was only after they had spent about 24 hours together that she finally laid out the &#8220;horrific&#8221; details of their daughter&#8217;s death, said Amoroso. He declined to elaborate.

Hmmmm, let's hope in a couple of months time we're not hearing she's pregnant again...

So many questions. Still. What I want to know is how did Bella get to Deer Island? Did either of the two have a car? If not who else is involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3