MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If DCF has no duties to children, then there is no reason for the organization to even exist.

If a new report had not been called in, then DCF would not be able to visit the home. The case was closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all children are going to grow up in what we think of as a 'perfect' home. Sometimes all the child services can expect is that the child has its basic needs taken care of and isn't physically or overly-mentally abused. If that's the condition they last saw Bella in, and the 'mother' was clean at the time, then they may have been obliged to close the case. I wish they could have at least kept up monthly visits, especially considering Rachelle was still having problems that led her to a women's shelter.

Sometimes people who are having problems don't make a cry for help to the right services, sometimes they do but they're turned away because their problems aren't bad enough and there aren't the financial resources in place to bend the rules because someone's gut says that even though they don't fit the guidelines they 'do' need help. And if there's a child in the home, then it makes you feel extra sick. But we don't know exactly what signs were there the last time the child services looked in on that home. If they looked at that birthday party they might have the same criticisms many of us have had, but those aren't reasons to take away the child when she does look reasonably cared for. And if things go downhill subsequent to the final check and closure of the case, then who's going to make the report to get her back into a support setting? We don't know for a fact that even the day before this happened that someone would have been able to predict that child's death within the next six months...things aren't always as easily predictable as we'd like them to be, and that isn't fair, but it is something that everyone has to live with.

If there were obvious signs that this (or any other child) was let down by the system, then the system needs to be improved, but it can never be perfect. Someone brought up the movie Minority Report, we don't live in that world, and if we did, it would be just like the movie, there would still be errors.

Anger and frustration are natural in this situation, but I think we need to try to be careful not to lash out at anyone...the most culpable right now are the people in that house at the time Bella died, anything more needs investigation not a kangaroo court in the media or on a forum, and if we participate in that kind of thing, we've got to try to be aware that half of what's said is out of release of pain, anger and frustration that Bella wasn't helped in time, and knowing that she's not the only one, and that next week or next month there's going to be another Bella. And it isn't fair!

But your child probably really has a speech and language delay. Bella was probably never taught anything as she grew up with a mother high in heroin that slurred her words constantly. Your child is probably going to preschool etc so you are getting frustrated that he or she is behind or how much time or money therapy is costing you. Bella was likely not in therapy and definitely not in school. I have a friend with a child who struggles in school because of his speech and hearing issues. Yes she gets frustrated because he gets frustrated and his grades aren't great. She's a single mom with the bio dad not paying support and speech and writing therapy etc cuts into her work time/income. It's frustrating. But I don't think Rochelle was experiencing this type of frustration as I don't think she was a functioning member of society where Bella's speech is sides would be affecting her.

Rochelle was frustrated because her daughter had needs like every other 2 year old and Rochelle was too screwed up and self centered to tend to those needs. Bella's speech had nothing to do with it. Bella probably couldn't understand her mother this never learned to speak properly. Furthermore, her mother was probably passed out through most days. A child that isn't spoken to doesn't learn to speak. I'm not buying "Bella had language issues". Her mother just assumed her 2 year old should be able to communicate better so declared she had issues. Exactly like what you see in the video. She's yelling at Bella and Bella is like wth! Rochelle just expected Bella to be like a tiny adult!

Your friend is entitled to free speech therapy for the child if testing meets the standard. PL 94-142. She needs to push her school district.

I don't believe a word out of Rachelle Bond's mouth. She has a vested interest to lie, and deny,deny, deny. She knows AAF is a whole lot better than a murder charge. Even her own family member admitted Rachelle is a very angry woman.

If Bella was punched in the stomach so severely to cause death there would be internal and external evidence of that imo. Rachelle didn't say he sat on Bella's stomach she said he beat this beautiful child. If he had punched her so severely he would have to cause trauma of some kind to her internal organs and she would have most likely died from loss of blood if he ruptured her when punching her.

So I think this woman is going to get away with murder. She did what many so called mothers have done in the same situation and blame it all on her drugged out boyfriend. I think they both had physically abused Bella. I hate that she will not be punished equally. SHE was the very one that was supposed to see that Bella remained safe at all times. She wasn't safe... not with her mother nor when she was around Rachelle's boyfriend.

So this mother (gag) says she did not participate in the murder of her daughter yet she helped to cover it up and stored Bella's little body in a freezer inside her own home? How could a mother do that who says they had no involvement in the death of their child? IMO, they couldn't. She is just as involved as he is. How could she stand the thought of knowing beautiful Bella's tiny little body was there if she cared once ounce about her child?

She cared nothing about Bella. Her despicable actions prove that. What she cared about was protecting herself and the wasted lowlife scum she brought into Bella's life.

It sickens me to know Rachelle will really do no hard time for the unforgivable things SHE did to Bella.

IMO

You summed up exactly how I feel about Rachelle. She is about the lowest form of humankind and IMO should be equally charged with the death of her child. I'm really hoping that her charges will be upgraded as this case go along.

They can only do so much though. They can remove a child from a home. But if it goes to a judge and that judge says the child has to return home and then that child dies.. That's not DCF's fault. There is so much they have to do and steps to follow.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

DFC, and the people who work there, really ought to make a public stink about the policies which govern their agency. The policy of keeping families together is a failed policy. Running an organization on a failed policy will naturally result in failed outcomes. Bella should have immediately been taken from her mother and put up for adoption, end of story.

DFC, and the people who work there, really ought to make a public stink about the policies which govern their agency. The policy of keeping families together is a failed policy. Running an organization on a failed policy will naturally result in failed outcomes. Bella should have immediately been taken from her mother and put up for adoption, end of story.

I agree she should have been taken. But if rachelle met the requirements to keep her, there's nothing that can be done. If they were to go to court and there was evidence that RB was trying to get her act together and so forth.. From what I've seen, that's what DCF and the courts care about. The parent trying to straighten up to raise their child.

If a new report had not been called in, then DCF would not be able to visit the home. The case was closed.

Exactly. And that is why the policies which govern agency procedure are failed and bad policies. Those need to be reviewed instead of people just winging that there was nothing that could be done.

I would think a prelim DNA was done with perhaps Bella's hair? Not to mention all the other items matching. Clothing, missing child, found deceased child, confession of sorts etc. etc.

The DNA profile generated during her days as "Baby Doe" was taken from body tissue not her hair....DNA from hair sample(s) MUST include the root ball as the cellular material must have a nucleus (fancy talk for cells that "reproduce", i.e. make more of the same product). Random hair without the root ball can be used to "track" the "maternal" side or mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA/mDNA).

From the Thursday raid @the house, biological samples known to be from Bella probably (I wasn't there but going on experience) were collected and the testing probably was begun that night! Items usually collected: toothbrush, hairbrush, hairbands/elastics, etc. I'm also ASSUMING that there were biological samples present, i.e. blood stains on clothing, vomitus that assisted in the presumed volatile nature of her death. IF the story of the fridge/freezer storage is accurate, then body fluid(s) & possibly even body tissue MIGHT be present, definitely anything in Bella's room the fluoresced would be collected.

I am personally blaming the system as a whole. I do not think that any person on an individual level dropped the ball. <modsnip> The individual people who work as social workers are not the issue. The issue is that we base the entire organization around the completely asinine policy of keeping families together. That policy sounds all well and good, but in practice it only creates more heartache for the children. When you have an agency that creates rules and procedures on the basis of a horribly thought-out policy, then the agency will never, ever function properly.

The agency does not make the rules. Legislators make the rules. The taxpayer is the bottom line

Exactly. And that is why the policies which govern agency procedure are failed and bad policies. Those need to be reviewed instead of people just winging that there was nothing that could be done.

The legislature must change the rules

Did anyone ever find out the time for the arraignment tomorrow??

The agency does not make the rules. Legislators make the rules. The taxpayer is the bottom line

The agency has the ability to petition for better rules, since they are the ones in the trenches who see the effects first hand.

All people should complain to their governing bodies that make the rules. It's about money, Who cares?

Where did you read Rochelle says she had kidney issues? I missed that.

There is a link somewhere here stating Rochelle told a former Lawyer of her mental health and medical issue/s

The agency has the ability to petition for better rules, since they are the ones in the trenches who see the effects first hand.

Haha. People see it as self serving. More money, the taxpayer thinks. More money for the agency. Who cares. Not the taxpayer

This mother had history of drug and prostitution arrests. She lost custody of two older children. There were several calls on Bella starting when Bella was born. Why did DCF leave Bella with this woman? What exactly would be the reasoning here? If you leave a child with a drug addicted prostitute, do you really think the outcome will be good?

There is a link somewhere here stating Rochelle told a former Lawyer of her mental health and medical issue/s

I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. In fact, I would not be surprised in the boyfriend actually had a mental health issue too. I know many see it as a lie for the insanity defense, but to me it is entirely possible that a person with psychosis or something similar would be a serious drug addict (self-medicating).

I tend to agree. There is no easy fix. How many calls come in from vindictive exes who are covered by the laws that govern good faith calls ? How many are simply because someone's house is a mess, but not really unsanitary ? I can't help but think these calls (which do have to be investigated no matter what ) contribute to the heavy caseload that CPS workers bear.

Most calls are for things like this, at least where I worked. When I was in the intake department we got so many calls like this! documented everything and did some research and the supervisor decided if it was going to be assigned. If it wasn't assigned, it was kept on file or if the family already had an open case, it was given to that caseworker to respond to. The worst is during custody disputes. People have called about dirty homes and many times we would go out on those and sometimes it was really bad like a fire hazard or a hoarding situation. Other times the dirty home referrals would be nothing, or would lead to the discovery that the parents were heavy drug users. That type of environment can also be embarrassing for a child, and make them embarrassed to bring friends home, cause odors that cause bullying at school etc... Ok done my tangent

They can only do so much though. They can remove a child from a home. But if it goes to a judge and that judge says the child has to return home and then that child dies.. That's not DCF's fault. There is so much they have to do and steps to follow.

And to add that they are underfunded and overworked. And the stress....I can't even imagine some of the people DCF has to deal with and the horrors they witness. It must take a part of your soul every day. Due to the high emotional stress of the hob and the long work weeks there is always high turnover of employees

The laws are made by legislators, They are the ones that can fix this. Parents scream their rights. Their right to screw up a child

Yet two older children were removed from the same woman, apparently with no legal problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876