MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sweet little Bella was beaten in the stomach area, causing damage to her internal organs, I think she died from internal bleeding.

I think that the stomach area is common for abusers to target, usually covered up by clothing.

I agree. I think she was beaten after her mother's worthless drug addicted "man" grew frustrated about something that a normal, sane, grown-up human can handle, like.. crying! I think he tried to blame natural causes, like so many of these scumbags. "Oh, she had a stomach ache, I left her in there and when I came back..." I think the "mother" did her best to agree, to see his side of it. I think she convinced herself it couldn't have been prevented, but that's okay, because at least she gets to keep "her man," quirky as he is! For a tiny, slobbering, weak, manchild.

I think once her name blew up in the media she decided to throw him under the bus, even though she knew the entire time that's what had happened. If this "possession" thing is some sort of ridiculous strategy, I think we'll know pretty soon, and I hope they'll be humiliated when they do. "It's me and you in this together, babe!".. is what I'm sure he's misspelled in a text or two in the past few months.

Worthless humans. I hope they're both organ donors. Literally the only contribution I can see them making at this point.

Long time lurker... This case has been on my heart... Fly High sweet Bella... Just wanted to make everyone aware, Bella does indeed mean beautiful, and Neveah is Heaven spelled backwards.... Thank you all for caring... Hug and kiss your babies just a little longer today, I know I will.

:Welcome1:

Hope his arm rots off. I predict he won't be well enough for court appearance on Monday.

Any idea when this sweet child really died? I'm confused on the timeline with the men in and out of RM's life. How long has this boyfriend been in the picture? I'm still angry that NO one thought enough about Bella to check on her, even her own blood relatives. There's no excuse.

Just when you think this story can't get anymore heartbreaking and horrific, some new revelation resets the bar.

I also fear a trial which ends up a mess, especially if it turns out that the ME is unable to precisely tie the COD to RB's version of events. How can RB be perceived as a reliable witness? I really don't want to see RB get some Hedda Nussbaum type sweetheart deal for her testimony when in my opinion, she's just as culpable.

Everyone, including me, seems unable to reconcile what appeared to be RB's moments of love and concern for her child with the terrible events disclosed so far. Bella appeared to be well nourished. In fact I think the reason her age was estimated to be older is because she was probably at the upper end of the developmental chart. I think RB "loved" her daughter to a point, just not enough to put Bella's needs and safety above her own selfish needs and wants. That's the story we seem to see played out time and time again in these crimes against children. All MOO and conjecture only.
I researched it back when her information was released. Her supposed age (4 years old) made no sense. The weight given for her was too low for a 4 year old. I have no idea how they estimated her age but it doesn't appear they did a good job or looked at the weight charts.

Just thinking of Mikaeel Kular, he was 3. His 'mother' beat him in the stomach because he was unwell. His COD was peritonitis. She dumped him in a suitcase in some woods. He died in agony :( Could you die from peritonitis without signs of bruising and internal bleeding?

It sounds like they are thinking Bella died from compressive asphyxia, not peritonitis. When she was hit in the stomach, that could have prevented her lungs from expanding (compressive asphyxia).

I haven't been able to source that rumor about the freezer, where did that come from? I was thinking that if this baby was killed anytime from January- March there's no way these winners could have hidden her body.

I live in Watertown and when we had a birthday party for my friend in March there was still 3-4 feet of snow in my backyard.

They might have put her in a chest freezer because they had no other way to hide her. Then maybe mom and boyfriend were forced to move or something?

This case is horrible and I think it definitely highlights the heroin problem we have in Massachusetts. Kids like Bella are the ones that suffer.

Sounds like mother told someone that her boyfriend killed her child before police knew about it.

"A 35-year-old Dorchester man allegedly killed the cherubic 2 1⁄2-year-old girl who came to be known as “Baby Doe” because he “supposedly thought the child had demons in her,” a tipster in Billerica told police during a phone call Wednesday, breaking open a heartbreaking murder case that touched millions around the world."
http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...d_he_killed_bella_bond_because_she_had_demons

Now that she has been identified, and with two days until next LE presser, good time to review info from before. One significant question:

- What did MSM report about condition of the body in the days after she was found?

MSM originally reported there were "no obvious signs of trauma" to the body.

The body was discovered on June 25. Early reports stated that there was not advanced decomposition of the body and LE speculated that the toddler may have been alive the prior weekend.

From an August 12, 2015 article: "The amount and the types of pollen that were on those items suggest that she was from the Boston area," Jake Wark, spokesman for Suffolk County District Attorney Dan Conley, told NBC News"

Now look at some of the information that is being reported in the last 48 hours:

• Pressers are now reporting Bella as being 2 1/2 years old.
  • Neighbors last report seeing Bella in March or April.
  • The Boston Globe is the primary source of the report saying that the boyfriend had repeatedly punched Bella in the stomach.
  • There are also reports, source unkown, that the child's body may have been refrigerated.

Reading between the lines, Bella may have died much earlier than June and this would explain why LE is now referring to her being 2 1/2 when she died, instead of almost 3. The types of pollen and amounts found on her clothing and body may help to pinpoint the likely time period in which she died.

Refrigerating the body would slow down the decomposition of the body, and it is unknown if freezing the body would result in any cell changes that would be characteristic of freezing.

It does appear that ME and LE were very careful with the information they released to the public, and this most likely had to do with being able to follow leads in the case. Repeated punches to the stomach would not necessarily leave obvious signs of trauma, but most likely would result in various types of injury or changes which could be detected during the autopsy, such as broken ribs, internal organ damage and blood analysis.

ETA: More detailed news reports are saying that the autopsy did not find any internal organ damage. Positional or compression asphyxia does not result in any detectable chemical changes in the blood, but it is possible the body had characteristic petechaie.

Monday's arraignment will shed more light on the situation.

RIP, Baby Bella

I haven't been able to source that rumor about the freezer, where did that come from? I was thinking that if this baby was killed anytime from January- March there's no way these winners could have hidden her body.

I live in Watertown and when we had a birthday party for my friend in March there was still 3-4 feet of snow in my backyard.

They might have put her in a chest freezer because they had no other way to hide her. Then maybe mom and boyfriend were forced to move or something?

This case is horrible and I think it definitely highlights the heroin problem we have in Massachusetts. Kids like Bella are the ones that suffer.

A source tells FOX25 News that Bond came into Bella's room and allegedly saw McCarthy punching her because he believed Bella was possessed. The source also says they allegedly kept the girl's body in a fridge for about a month before ultimately disposing of it.
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30062484/baby-doe

When we were discussing theories, I don't remember too many people speculating that Bella was killed by mom and mom's boyfriend, even though that's how most of these child murder cases go. And that's what happened in another high-profile unidentified child, Baby Grace, case. Why not? Is that because LE never released the COD and made it sound like she didn't die due to violent means? I really didn't think it was a possibility even though it seems so obvious now. I wonder if there was a reason they made a lot of us think she could have died by accident and maybe her parents were illegal and too scared to report it...

Lawstudent, I never understood the jump to illegal immigrants either. But it's a far nicer story than the one that is unfolding.

I think the "illegal immigrant" theory emerged because LE made it sound like Bella did not die through violent means. People started to think she died accidentally, so the question was: If your child dies due to an accident, why would you not report it and dump the body? Maybe because you don't trust the police and are scared of being deported.

This. Saying no apparent cause of death made everyone assume it was not a murder. Then we tried to figure out why on earth a person would not report an accidental death, who would be scared of the police. I don't know why illegal immigrants came forth way more than drug users. Now that I think about it it makes sense. I think we were thinking of who had most to lose by reporting to the police. A drug user could clean up their home, remove the drugs and paraphernalia, an illegal immigrant could not so easily hide their status. Just throwing out ideas here. But now that we know at least the boyfriend and maybe the mom was a hardcore user it makes more sense, since those people are not thinking right in the first place.

I will not be surprised if this story changes over time, or if the charges change.

If she walked in on her significant other assaulting her child (it is claimed she saw him hitting the girl) and instead of getting medical attention for the girl she alerts nobody, the child dies, and she participates in covering up the acts and disposing of the body - how is she not charged with some form of manslaughter or possibly even murder?

I would have to review Massachusetts law but this seems to me that it would rise to at least a charge of manslaughter.

If they can prove she saw this happening before Bella was dead I would think they'd be able to charge her with more, because then it wouldn't only be "after the fact". That might be all they have, and all they'll ever have, unfortunately. They will need to meet the burden of proof if they are going to trial, and if they are trying to get a full confession before going to trial they might give her incentives to tell the truth (ie immunity from further charges if she tells what really happens). It's a double edged sword because you want the truth (and people are more likely to tell the truth when there will not be consequences) but at the same time you want this (bleep) to get the harshest punishment possible.

Hope his arm rots off. I predict he won't be well enough for court appearance on Monday.

Any idea when this sweet child really died? I'm confused on the timeline with the men in and out of RM's life. How long has this boyfriend been in the picture? I'm still angry that NO one thought enough about Bella to check on her, even her own blood relatives. There's no excuse.

They could give him Suboxone or Methadone to ease his withdrawal and allow him to be in court, depends on what kind of treatment he's in. I personally hope he's as sick as can be, because I've worked with people and been told it's the absolute worst feeling ever, and he deserves to suffer (not being threatening, dope-sickness is not deadly, just nearly intolerably miserable) but they could help him to be ok for court. Just depends. I guess we'll see on Monday. If he is not on Subs or Methadone and they make him go in I'd love to see how he looks because he is going to be in bad shape.

With the guys who have apparently been in and out of her life in just the last couple of years, and the fractured relationships with her family, I am guessing Rachelle did not have a lot of people in her life long term. Even the friends she had seemed to have been from a shelter, and probably more short term as well. She probably never had anyone in her life long enough for someone to really get close enough, sadly. Between drug issues and anger issues that have been reported I can't imagine she was someone (normal) people wanted to continue to be around, so her family had already pretty much cut ties and everyone else seemed to be in and out of the picture fairly quickly. This poor little girl had no one.

These stories always cut me, as I had cancer when I was 19 and had a total hysterectomy and I have no chance of having my own children ever. I would have loved to have a beautiful little daughter like Bella. So sad to see these people who are too selfish or drugged up or just plain stupid to appreciate what they have and how lucky they are.

Did any toxicology info come back? I would suspect drug poisoning from these two.

Something is not right with more not coming out about MM. All these people (friends/relatives/neighbors) speaking to the media about RB but no one who knew MM? The only thing known about him is his name and age. It's very odd IMO.

Also, the whole her walking in on him in Bella's room rubs me the wrong way. I believe there's more going on here.

Thanks fizzypop. I didn't have children either and know so many that have had infertility issues and totally understand what you're saying. It's just so sad.

Can we search the dockets for more info on this MM? His full name is Michel P McCarthy. That name is too common and there seems to be several in Massachusetts. Wondering what the middle name is?

I don't think there's anything off about mom walking in on him killing her. He was probably high out of his mind and either really did think she was possessed or just couldn't handle a crying child.

If RB did walk in on it, i hope they up her charges. She failed to get medical treatment which may have saved her life

I think the pictures posted and called mugshots are really DMV photos. MM is in the hospital, i doubt his mugshot has been taken.

I think RB loved Bella. Just not as much as she loved her boyfriends and getting high. It makes it harder to understand how she let this happen but it's reassuring to know that beautiful Bella did know some love in her short life. I think that love is enough for her to come clean and it sounds like Bella was finally identified because RB spilled the beans.

RB was an awful mother. Bella should have been taken at birth. But i don't think she would have hurt Bella. If Bella died accidentally due to neglect or abandonment, i would be looking at RB. I believe she was a neglectful and selfish mother who never put her daughter first. But i believe MM was the one who actually killed her.

I just hope they find more charges for mom. Unless MM confesses, i sadly see a plea deal coming for RB

Random thoughts based on a few posts

Thanks, BritsKate.

This case makes me think of Riley/Baby Grace.

On another note, they're gonna have a hell of a time seating a jury for this. All of Boston is sick/enraged about it.

They managed to get a jury for the Boston Bomber trial. Change of venue is always an option too. High-profile child murder cases always cause a lot of outrage in their area, but by the time they get to trial, a jury is chosen w/o a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24