Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting interview w/GodMother after arraignment at link below:

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/NECN_092115_godmotherbella_10a_NECN-328504931.html

- BioDad took off to FL with another woman before birth

- Says she raised her with Mom ("our child that we raised, Rachelle"); doctor visits, etc

- In March, she (GodMom) had a falling out w/Mom; told her could not see her anymore

- Bella was well-behaved

- Was good Mom in front of her

- Didn't see any probs, not in her presence, never. There was nothing wrong. (epiph: not buying that)

- She also texted after billboard came up again

Yes, and he called DFS twice, fair enough. I wouldn't class that as everything though.

ETA: Sorry quoted the wrong post. I agree with you though jjenny

DFS?

(I assume you don't mean the famous UK sofa shop)

I am thinking that MM's defense is going to be that RB told him DCF took Bella away and he believed her. In other words, throw her under the bus for Bella's death and disposal?

I wonder if a medical examiner can tell if a body has been held in a refrigerator for a long period? Because that evidence could prove important if MM is going to use the defense above.

Has anyone heard anything about either owning a vehicle? I can't recollect.

Bio-dad seems to have a somewhat 'me-centered' view of the world?

[video=twitter;645969103061143553]https://twitter.com/jacktemp/status/645969103061143553[/video]

He .... never even met her. He didn't so much as talk to her for two years, and he didn't try to get custody.

What does "everything" mean in his world? I'd have called that "nothing."

I am thinking that MM's defense is going to be that RB told him DCF took Bella away and he believed her. In other words, throw her under the bus for Bella's death and disposal?

I wonder if a medical examiner can tell if a body has been held in a refrigerator for a long period? Because that evidence could prove important if MM is going to use the defense above.

Has anyone heard anything about either owning a vehicle? I can't recollect.

I believe he owned a car, they put Bella in his car and then disposed of her body, the prosecutor said.

But even if he did call in DCF, is that doing everything to make sure that child was safe, considering it has been reported that bio-dad hasn't actually even met the child in 2.5 years? If bio-dad didn't believe RB was fit, presumably he could have asked for custody.

No, it absolutely isn't doing everything to make sure the child is safe. I am not at all defending anyone in this case, however, IF they called DFS and were later told the case was dropped and reported yet again, and the case was dropped. It creates a very lengthy court case situation. (Again NOT giving anyone an out. ) But I know for a fact the state I live in, will leave kids with parents (or monsters) for way to long, and I have witnessed first hand after being cleared they take off. So playing devils advocate perhaps they felt their intuitions were wrong, or they (bio dad and whoever else may have reported) were wrong? In that case he should have demanded Bella, but didn't obviously. He should have fought for visitation and custody but didn't. Everyone in this angels life failed her, including the justice system. MOO

You can even have a murder case without a body.

Well today MM and RB were arraigned for their crime- so, I'm not following this line of reasoning. I'm not a lawyer but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3202d77f.gif

Prosecutor: Suspect in Death of Baby Doe 'Said It Was Her Time to Die'

[...]

Assistant District Attorney David Deakin told a Dorchester District Court judge on Monday that a "lifelong friend" of McCarthy's broke the case open.

[...]

McCarthy allegedly told Bond that Bella "was a demon anyway. It was her time to die." He then allegedly threatened to kill Bond if she reported anything to police.

[...]

The friend who broke the case open told authorities he texted McCarthy, asking where Bella was after noticing a resemblance between the billboards put up across the city of Boston seeking information about Baby Doe. The friend said McCarthy claimed Bella had been taken away by child services, who twice visited Bella over the course of her lifetime but left her in Bond's custody.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

NBC News

Have not heard/read if either had a vehicle. I have been wondering same.

Is there any way to see what happened in court today? I logged on and found the link only to see everyone was leaving the courtroom as the proceeding had just ended - which is par for the course for my life! Any links that anyone can provide? TIA!

It's being published in MSM which I believe is totally acceptable to link.

There was no link or citation for the information in the post I quoted. It's still not appropriate in anyway to discuss the criminal history of the bio dad who had nothing to do with his daughter's death.

He may not win father of the year awards but his calling in reports to child services and still more than anyone else did for this poor child. He also attempted to go in person to check on her welfare. There are plenty of bio dads who walk away and never look back. He attempted several times to help Bella. It may not be enough for everyone on this board but he still tried many times. We have no idea what his life situation was/is. Traveling to another state, hiring a lawyer and trying to gain custody is a very expensive undertaking and most likely he would never have been able to gain custody due to his record and inability to get child services to intervene on Bella's behalf. Cases like this play out in court and in the child welfare system everyday. I see heavily drug addicted women get to keep their children all the time even after having then removed and returned over and over again. The facts are he called to make reports as soon as Bella was born and later as well and then traveled there to try to see Bella. He may have been too poor or too stupid or a combo of both to get a lawyer and try to go through the court system. He may have been frightened and afraid of retribution from the people in RB life. He may have a distrust of police and the court system. He may have been afraid Bella would be removed from the home and he would not have been able to get custody of her or see her. I'm not saying he's some sort of Angel and what anyone would consider a good father by any means, but he didn't kill Bella and he did a lot more than most fathers who leave thousands of children in bad situations everyday and never even think about them again. To me it sounds like his constant pressuring and questioning of RB, along with the questioning by the friend staying with her, did end up being the catalyst that caused RB to confess to several people. Without this we would probably never have known Bella's name.

Does anyone think that there was perhaps an altercation with the "life long friend" RB and MM, given that he is/was in hospital and clearly has a plaster cast on his left arm?

Does anyone think that there was perhaps an altercation with the "life long friend" RB and MM, given that he is/was in hospital and clearly has a plaster cast on his left arm?

Reportedly MM is in the hospital because of abscesses on his arm (not due to any altercations).

But that sort of detail shouldn't be "added" without evidence when the subject is a dead 2-3 year old, piercing is body modification. If the body showed the ears had recently been pierced then photos with and without would make sense, however I doubt if they could tell if it had been recent.

I noticed the pierced ears on the computer mockup right away. Other people might see the image and think it looks like so and so....but notice the piercings and discount it as the same child because that family doesn't pierce the ears of babies.

They added the earrings after they realized she did have pierced ears.

You can even have a murder case without a body.

Yes but when you actually have a body, it can be problematic if no COD is observable. Jurors might feel there is reasonable doubt and maybe there was an accident.

I'm not too worried about this case though. These are not appealing defendants who will attract a high-powered defense team. The jury will loathe them.

It has been reported he was hospitalized due to some kind of abcess/infection in his arm from using. Needles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld