MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely, they put her in a freezer and not the refrigerator... I guess the forensics team would take the refrigerator from the home for testing.

Oh! When is MM's birthday? Someone mentioned that yesterday. The timing of a birthday party for a meth head by meth heads might have interfered with having to take care of Bella too.

Regarding Bella's body being washed ashore...

I know of someone who wanted to be buried at sea off a Caribbean island. His body washed ashore with the first two burials and the third time was the charm. IIRC, the first two attempts were not DIY attempts.

Moral of the story is that trying to send a body to a watery grave is not as simple as it sounds. Many underestimate the process of decomposition and the gasses released. Using a plastic bag, especially if it was refrigerated, would have any gasses trapped inside expand once they were exposed to warmer temperatures, increasing the buoyancy of the bag and its contents.

Yes, and someone explained to me as the bag would have held in heat and Bella's body was essentially steamed by that heat. Ugh! I definitely believe she was dumped from where the locals believe she was dumped and the tide carried Bella to Deer Island.

Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking we could be looking at 6 months here from the time the baby was killed until she was ID'd as Bella Bond.

Regarding Bella's body being washed ashore...

I know of someone who wanted to be buried at sea off a Caribbean island. His body washed ashore with the first two burials and the third time was the charm. IIRC, the first two attempts were not DIY attempts.

Moral of the story is that trying to send a body to a watery grave is not as simple as it sounds. Many underestimate the process of decomposition and the gasses released. Using a plastic bag, especially if it was refrigerated, would have any gasses trapped inside expand once they were exposed to warmer temperatures, increasing the buoyancy of the bag and its contents.

Yes! Because such thick bag(s) were used, it probably helped to make it float as there was likely very little leaks. I also think a body could be stored for some time in a contractor bag in a fridge before an odor would be a problem. That's purely speculation/IMO only, but if they can keep the odor of a weeks worth of dog poop in 100+ degree weather from escaping, I imagine, in a fridge, it would be even more effective at keeping odors from being a problem.

Surely, they put her in a freezer and not the refrigerator... I guess the forensics team would take the refrigerator from the home for testing.

Oh! When is MM's birthday? Someone mentioned that yesterday. The timing of a birthday party for a meth head by meth heads might have interfered with having to take care of Bella too.

Looks like McCarthy was born on 6/29/1980:

Capture.PNG

Hello-

Very long time lurker, found this site when Laci Peterson first went missing. So just a random thought that I don't believe I've seen posted but I could have missed it. The Boston area had significant snow (record breaking!) this past winter and well into the spring to the point that my kids went Easter egg hunting in the snow! Anyhow, I don't know if they had a backyard but is it possible they kept beautiful Bella outside in the snow?

Yes! Because such thick bag(s) were used, it probably helped to make it float as there was likely very little leaks. I also think a body could be stored for some time in a contractor bag in a fridge before an odor would be a problem. That's purely speculation/IMO only, but if they can keep the odor of a weeks worth of dog poop in 100+ degree weather from escaping, I imagine, in a fridge, it would be even more effective at keeping odors from being a problem.

Ugh that sounds horrible. I buy roasted chickens from SAMs club throw them out after six days because it begins to smell and that's with a open box of baking soda in the fridge.

This is where MM story doesn't jive. How can he believe Bella was with CPS if a very large black trash bag is stored in the fridge. Did RB say don't open it honey it's a surprise or I got an extremely large turkey for Thanksgiving this year. Highly unbelievable unless she had a fridge in a rented storage unit somewhere but I highly doubt that.

IMO "if" Bella was dead longer and stored in a fridge/freezer MM had to know

Hello-

Very long time lurker, found this site when Laci Peterson first went missing. So just a random thought that I don't believe I've seen posted but I could have missed it. The Boston area (record breaking!) had significant snow this past winter and well into the spring to the point that my kids went Easter egg hunting in the snow! Anyhow, I don't know if they had a backyard but is it possible the kept beautiful Bella outside in the snow?

:Welcome1:

You should write the company. They should pay you to do a commercial about the strength of their bags.

@gcharlie - Thank you for the birth date.

on NG per reporter.. Rb saw Mm hit the baby.. in mass. state police report..

Ooh! NG updates. I'll be quiet. Sooooo, that's where the stomach punching comes in. RB saw MM hit Bella, and did nothing...

We have contractors bags. They are great for when you use them for things that would tear regular bags.

You should write the company. They should pay you to do a commercial about the strength of their bags.

Thanks for the brief laugh out loud on such a tragic case! Release valve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Residents of the apartment building that police searched told reporters that investigators asked about a woman who used to live there.

Neighbors said they had not seen a girl who looked like the composite photo released by police since March or April. They said they were told she had been taken into custody of child welfare.

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.co.../baby-doe-identified-mother-is-from-fitchburg

Lol for real. I once used a glad bag when we first got the pail - NEVER have I immediately regretted a decision so much.

We are not allowed to sleuth mm's parents correct?

Ugh that sounds horrible. I buy roasted chickens from SAMs club throw them out after six days because it begins to smell and that's with a open box of baking soda in the fridge.

This is where MM story doesn't jive. How can he believe Bella was with CPS if a very large black trash bag is stored in the fridge. Did RB say don't open it honey it's a surprise or I got an extremely large turkey for Thanksgiving this year. Highly unbelievable unless she had a fridge in a rented storage unit somewhere but I highly doubt that.

Why are you believing that the body was stored in the fridge?

The way I am looking at this right now is that LE has two very good suspects whose stories do not jive. They are playing one off the other.

Easter was April 5 this year, very early in the year. New England, especially the Boston area, was still covered with snow in a lot of places. Not a whole lot of plants were in bloom at that time, yet a forensic analysis of Bella's clothing and hair identified pollen specific to that area.

Hmmm....

I haven't had time to catch up on today, but wasn't it reported that RB said Bella was dead and MM killed her and she "was an accessory after the fact" to it? Who talks like that? I think she researched to see what her role could be once Bella's death was discovered. If someone were not involved they would have reacted totally different to it. They would have never indicated any involvement.

Nancy Grace has the brother (longtime friend of MM) & sister on the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member