MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too, assumed they would have collected these items before now.

So, no deep freezer, just a standard size fridge/freezer. So, their food/drinks were stored with that previous baby's body was. I don't buy that MM didn't know she was in there. Just like I don't but that RB wasn't involved.

These people are sick,

ya know.. people in hospitals are SICK.. they are EVIL. This isnt drug fueled.. drugs dont make you stuff your baby's (or anyone's baby's) body in a refrigerator. JMO

I know. I almost feel like it's the superintendent of the building removing the stuff instead of LE.

Seems very bush league, but, I'm not an expert in this, so what do I know? Besides the fact I have routinely seen fridges on the side of the road after falling off trucks.

Thanks, I can deal with that!

But now I want to cry thinking about all the little playthings she had that she never got the chance to outgrow. Forever a toddler :(

Maybe so, but I really don't get the criticism of speculations that happened when people were simply trying to figure the case out. Why go back in time and say "you were so wrong!" when nobody knew the truth? WSers speculate with what is known at the time, and that includes pondering and guessing aloud.

Why pull something from before the case broke open and point out that it was wrong? If we knew the truth from the beginning, we could simply call the police and say, "Go get 40-something druggy mom RB on Maxwell street. Baby Doe is her daughter Bella."

JMO

I'm not criticizing anyone but you're right. We've all made assumptions and guesses. We just wanted answers. The answers suck, but now we know.

wow. I was simply pointing out, not criticizing, that speculation, which we all do and is appreciated was wrong. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll admit that I'm a bit distracted (have surgery scheduled for Friday) and may have missed this but are the charges against the boyfriend based totally upon what Bella's "mom" has told LE and Bio-dad? I'm finding it amazing that both "mom" and boyfriend aren't charged with murder. Bella was in their care, she is dead and disposed of and her death was not reported. Both have different stories and point to the other one. Is there more evidence against the boyfriend that point to him killing Bella or just her word? TIA

I'll admit that I'm a bit distracted (have surgery scheduled for Friday) and may have missed this but are the charges against the boyfriend based totally upon what Bella's "mom" has told LE and Bio-dad? I'm finding it amazing that both "mom" and boyfriend aren't charged with murder. Bella was in their care, she is dead and disposed of and her death was not reported. Both have different stories and point to the other one. Is there more evidence against the boyfriend that point to him killing Bella or just her word? TIA

As far as I can tell, yes it's all based on RB's story to the police. That will change as they gather evidence, but police can't hold people for questioning for longer than something like 48 or 72 hours in most places, then they have to release the person without charge or go to a judge. The hearing before the judge, imo, was that hearing before the judge where they say there are accusations, and they feel they have reasonable cause to further question the people and either release them on bail to appear at a future hearing, or if there's too much risk that they will abscond, to hold them on a ridiculously high bail or without bail.

But I believe they are just preliminary charges/placeholder charges prior to further investigation, and that these charges come solely from RB's testimony, without any real bias from the prosecutor's office as to the actual details of which of them was actually responsible...that is something for the investigation.

They have a body, they have a confirmed DNA link between the body and that home. They know Rachelle's the mother, they have witnesses to say that MM was living with her, and he also admits this. They have an admission of some guilt relating to the death from Rachelle and an accusation from Rachelle that MM was the actual killer. That is all the prosecution stated in the hearing, and based on that information the judge decided on the bail amounts, which effectively meant both could be held in custody pending the next hearing on October 20th.

Good Luck with your surgery on Friday!

Check back here while re-cooping, as surely there will be many updates to this unfortunate story.

As far as I can tell, yes it's all based on RB's story to the police. That will change as they gather evidence, but police can't hold people for questioning for longer than something like 48 or 72 hours in most places, then they have to release the person without charge or go to a judge. The hearing before the judge, imo, was that hearing before the judge where they say there are accusations, and they feel they have reasonable cause to further question the people and either release them on bail to appear at a future hearing, or if there's too much risk that they will abscond, to hold them on a ridiculously high bail or without bail.

But I believe they are just preliminary charges/placeholder charges prior to further investigation, and that these charges come solely from RB's testimony, without any real bias from the prosecutor's office as to the actual details of which of them was actually responsible...that is something for the investigation.

They have a body, they have a confirmed DNA link between the body and that home. They know Rachelle's the mother, they have witnesses to say that MM was living with her, and he also admits this. They have an admission of some guilt relating to the death from Rachelle and an accusation from Rachelle that MM was the actual killer. That is all the prosecution stated in the hearing, and based on that information the judge decided on the bail amounts, which effectively meant both could be held in custody pending the next hearing on October 20th.

Thank you for the summary. I understand how this works, I've followed way too many of this type of case over the years. What is amazing to me is that LE is basing everything (up to this point) upon a drug addicted "mother's" story, a "mother" who did absolutely nothing to protect her child. JMO but I can easily believe that Rachelle killed her own little girl. I'm waiting to see what evidence LE can dig up to prove their case, so far it's she said, he said.

Thank you for the summary. I understand how this works, I've followed way too many of this type of case over the years. What is amazing to me is that LE is basing everything (up to this point) upon a drug addicted "mother's" story, a "mother" who did absolutely nothing to protect her child. JMO but I can easily believe that Rachelle killed her own little girl. I'm waiting to see what evidence LE can dig up to prove their case, so far it's she said, he said.

My thoughts exactly.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery!

Thanks, Amonet. You and I are on the same page in terms of the way we view the charges and the investigation thus far. LE has a lot of work to do before the next hearing.

Do you happen to know the exact nature of the next hearing? I was under the impression that it was a hearing in front of the grand jury, where formal charges would be presented to the grand jury in order to proceed with criminal prosecution.

I will be curious to find out how much more information is leaked and how much more anecdotal information comes forward. So far, the information from both sources has been conflicting, both within the sources and between them.

I honestly just envision them eating McDonald's in between coming down. I just don't picture RB as the Betty Crocker type. Maybe when she was trying to be mother of the year with her extravagant parties(roll eyes).

Yes, eating McDonald's or just anything to avoid going to the fridge, I'm sure. Out of sight, out of mind... and in delusional denial.
And yes, even before this, never the "Betty Crocker type" is right!

Been there done that. And I hear ya. When I follow too many cases or life gets busy I struggle switching gears memory wise. I am walking proof post menopausal women lose brain cells LOL It's "The fog" It's all good.

Amen. I am perimenopausal but I thank God for my husband, child and coworkers who finish my sentences for me when I stall out. And sometimes, they just reply to my half-uttered statement. That's how you know the people who really "get you". ;)

OMG.....seeing that refrigerator......OMG.

I am so heartbroken seeing that.

Rest In Peace Sweet Little Angel Bella.

I agree. I'm sure it will change by the time it goes to the grand jury. Think they just wanted to hold them in jail so they don't skip or OD. He has no bail & she has $1mil cash...they aren't going anywhere for now.

We don't really know she was in that fridge. That's just RB cracked out story. Which is all we have right now. That and MM says he thought DCF took her.
I'm not beleiving any of her story until I hear evidence to support it.

We don't really know she was in that fridge. That's just RB cracked out story. Which is all we have right now. That and MM says he thought DCF took her.
I'm not beleiving any of her story until I hear evidence to support it.

Agreed. But even the thought, the suggestion of it... and the potential that, God forbid, it's true.
Horrible to try and comprehend either way, the truth of it or the lies...

And, I'll add... the thought of what the truth could be if none of this is the truth. *shudder*

ya know.. people in hospitals are SICK.. they are EVIL. This isnt drug fueled.. drugs dont make you stuff your baby's (or anyone's baby's) body in a refrigerator. JMO
Couldn't agree more. Awful thought, but I don't see how they could of fit her in the freezer, perhaps the refrigerator part if they took shelves out? IMO..
Just.. This continues to get worse. Each new thing, it just hurts my heart even more for that little girl. And I can't help but have more anger at her " mother" than MM- is that misguided? Perhaps.. But of ALL the people in Bella's short life, RB was the ONE person who should of protected her. MM is no saint either, but that RB.. She makes me shudder.

All her stuffed animals...I want to cry!

I am crying. All those stufties. Sugar and spice and everything nice. As it should have been!!!!

Speculation can be helpful and also a funny thing. The thing with something like a zebra print blanket is that it could be something any mother of any age might choose. Or it could be a gift, or, in the case of underprivileged families, a donation. Or, someone's 2-year-old could get excited every time she or he sees a certain animal on a cartoon or tv show and, hence, someone buys zebra print.
My point is, there are just so many ways in which to view things and so many possibilities, even in the "mundane," depending on someone's opinion/worldview. Imagine the amount of details investigator's will have to go through...

I have a zebra blanket in my dogs pink stroller. Now I have a hard time looking at it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech