MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've probably just missed along the way that it was an actual stain that LE saw, but I thought it was said only that they saw "evidence" on the rug/carpet in plain sight. If that's the case, and we think outside the box, it could have been an object of some sort. Maybe a companion piece or match to something that was in the bag with Bella. Perhaps another of the same type of contractor bags. Any number of things.

This is awesome. This is what is needed to protect children. I hope this revamp changes the priorities of DCF. The focus is now on parental rights when the real focus should be on what is best for the children

DCF also needs a budget increase to give each case and child proper attention.

MA DCF constantly gets in trouble. There were several cases recently where they left a child with a parents and a child either died or went into a coma. In a recent case, a boy was being raised by grandmother with no issues. Father asked for custody, judge granted him custody. Despite being monitored by DCF, child went into a coma (having lost a lot of weight prior going into a coma).

I've probably just missed along the way that it was an actual stain that LE saw, but I thought it was said only that they saw "evidence" on the rug/carpet in plain sight. If that's the case, and we think outside the box, it could have been an object of some sort. Maybe a companion piece or match to something that was in the bag with Bella. Perhaps another of the same type of contractor bags. Any number of things.

Very good point. Yea I was just jumping off other posts about a carpet stain, I didn't realize they said they saw evidence in plain sight on the carpet. That changes things, thank you for the clarification!

Very good point. Yea I was just jumping off other posts about a carpet stain, I didn't realize they said they saw evidence in plain sight on the carpet. That changes things, thank you for the clarification!

You're welcome! I finally found a link, but I don't know how reliable the reporter's source is:

Police searched the apartment for hours. A source tells FOX25 that when investigators first walked in, they spotted a potential evidence on a rug in plain sight -- but would not elaborate.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30065929/neighbors-react-to-search-for-baby-doe

I've probably just missed along the way that it was an actual stain that LE saw, but I thought it was said only that they saw "evidence" on the rug/carpet in plain sight.

Bella was found with a zebra print blanket. I read (here I think)) when the police entered RBs home they saw a zebra print throw rug and "knew" they had the right house.

It is a rental place with wall to wall carpeting. The stain was at least a few months old by the time the LE allegedly found it. If it were a sizeable blood stain that would be suspicious, but Bella did not have signs of injury on her body and I just don't see the body lying there for days until things liquified and started leaking fluids BEFORE it was moved into the fridge.

Anyone that has kids/dogs knows that wall to wall carpeting ends up with all sorts of disgusting stains that never go away (even if the carpet looks clean, the pad soaks up stuff and holds it forever).

I personally am not putting much stock in any supposed stain at this point, I could see the police throwing that in to the story to build their case and even to entice a confession (the stain probably does exist, not saying LE is lying, but they may have included it even if it isn't related).

The only thing i am going to say is that her body was decomposing, had skin slippage and would be discolored from the factors that go into deterioration of the body. Obviously her face was not discernible and a reconstruction was done based on her cranial make-up and what could be gleaned from her remains. If she was strangled the hyoid bone might have been broken.. if she was shot or beaten where there were bones we might see fractures. So, in that sense there was no obvious sign of injury. Soft tissue injury in a decomposed body would be very hard to determine. Organs liquefy, separate, and change. A broken bone would be apparent by the naked eye of a medical examiner at autopsy. A ruptured spleen, for example, in a body that has released its contents, and whose organs have undergone significant deterioration may be impossible to determine. This is why there was no COD determined by the ME so far. If we are to believe she was punched in the belly and now the ME says "yeah that's it" i would feel like he was adjusting the COD to fit the new evidence. I dont think there will be a definite COD in this case..JMO

As for the carpet stain, i was unaware of the size.. it could be anything.. MM's dog making a mess, the baby releasing bodily fluids, blood from the parents shooting up, vomit from them puking from drugs or withdrawal.. not sure whatever it was will advance much in the solving of this case..MOO

Anything i write is just my opinion.

So, judging by JA's FB page he had a spiritual awakening around August 29th. Lots of bible quotes and inspirational things posted on that date. I am going to guess he has become part of some 12 step program, recovering addict ministry to try and get his life together. JMO. One of those tenets is to "make amends". This may be why he decided to try to enter Bella's life as he returned to Massachusetts to live on approximately August 29th also. Let's be honest here.. he apparently was in no shape to offer this baby anything.. He was living in a tent.. probably hooked on something.. had legal issues out of state and had to get his own stuff together first. Please remember that all these "recovery" programs tell the person that they have to do whatever they have to do to stay clean and get themselves straight. It is a very selfish ideology when we look from the outside. But, it is a huge part of recovery.. your higher power ( God, for example) and you first.. EVERYTHING ELSE IS SECONDARY.

So, let's imagine a scenario where he was a total loser and was on some kind of illegal substance. He has turned to some kind of program that encourages religion and making amends for past wrongs. He is finding some strength in the Bible and he tries to reconnect with the mother of his child and the child. JMO

He failed... he didnt do the right thing and turn in RB. But i am guessing this religion stuff.. this media hype.. is a distraction and a help along the road to his recovery ( so he believes). MOO

Anything I write is just my opinion.
For me, my recovery, yes 12 step based, is NOT about me first. My recovery is based on expelling my selfishness and working daily to live and practice God's will not mine. I feel there are many mis-interpertations of the 12 step program and those who are not willing to get honest, tend to manipulate the program to fit their own selfish desires, which is what you are referring to.

That has not been my experience.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Just catching up from last nights posts so I apologize for the late response but with all due respect I am going to disagree with your last point. There are so many theories as to what happened for many reasons, which have been pointed out in each of the posts. I think many of us cannot wrap our heads around why RB isn't charged with the same charges as MM and why she is being taken completely at her word, especially when an exact cause of death hasn't been determined which the prosecutor stated in open court. The fact that her parental rights were already terminated on two children, and neighbors and friends have commented on her obvious neglect of Bella and her anger issues, as well as MM's friends comments about the terrible abuse and neglect he witnessed from both RB and MM makes it almost impossible to not discuss other theories that hold RB just as or more culpable for the physical act of murder than MM. To take RB at her word and not even question it would be inappropriate in this case, imo. Who knows what evidence LE has, this hasn't even gone to the grand jury yet.

Because RB is the one who is talking. She claims she was only involved after the fact. MM claims he knew nothing. Thus, there is no witnesses who say RB is the one responsible for murder. And there is a witness (RB) who claims MM is responsible for the murder.

i dont know.. have RB's rights been terminated? Who terminated them? According to the video there is a lawyer representing RB's mother who has inquired about a funeral. On cue, strangers have offered to pay for a funeral, donate plots and clergy have offered their services. The body has not been released ( and probably wont be for some time, IMO). From the video clip it seems the bio dad hasnt submitted his DNA. HMMM is he afraid his DNA will match some other funny business he has been involved in? All these people who have become media *advertiser censored* are going to be shredded by the defense. They are not doing anyone any good..IMO Who is going to be the first person to sell his/her story to the Enquirer?

Here is how it goes where i live.. the next of kin gets to claim the body. They also get the bill for the funeral, wake, burial etc etc. A wake , funeral, preparation of the body, casket, cement grave liner, church service, Obituary notice in the paper, opening of the gravesite,transportation of the body from the hospital ( or home) to the funeral home, funeral cars, copies of death certificates, etc runs about 15,000 give or take. In this case , there is nothing to embalm, really, so subtract 800 dollars. Then later a stone would be purchased.. add 1800 to 5k or more. I have no doubt the donations will pour in. If the next of kin doesnt step forward ( parent, child, spouse) then a sister, brother etc etc can claim the body. Many many bodies go unclaimed and eventually they are buried in unmarked graves or cremated and buried by the state. Sometimes, 2 years or more after death.

IMO, we are a long way from seeing a burial for Bella..let's hope this bunch can give her the dignity in death she didnt have in life. I am not sure RB will have no say.. she IS the next of kin and I dont think anything has been terminated and she is the legally recognized next of kin. JMO Who ever heard of rights being terminated when the child is already dead, anyway? She is accused of a crime.. that is it..MOO

http://www.wcvb.com/news/prosecutor-...abuse/35408172

Anything i write is just my opinion.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/09/22/baby-bellas-relatives-plan-public-burial/

Because RB is the one who is talking. She claims she was only involved after the fact. MM claims he knew nothing. Thus, there is no witnesses who say RB is the one responsible for murder. And there is a witness (RB) who claims MM is responsible for the murder.

How will we ever know? This worries me. Please someone give RB a polygraph!!!!!!!

There is a FB page that appears to be setup by moms local to the area.. They are asking for fabric pieces to be sent in, with messages or poems written w fabric marker, for them to make a blanket. They are then planning to give the blanket for Bella's burial. I know this is o/t but with all the fame hungry, useless, money hungry people, this seems to be a noble cause. IMHO. And all of you WS's seem to have such good hearts, I thought maybe you'd like to know about this.
Google Justice for Baby Bella, and if it says " official FB page" that is the one. It is different than the FB page the Godmother setup.

There is a FB page that appears to be setup by moms local to the area.. They are asking for fabric pieces to be sent in, with messages or poems written w fabric marker, for them to make a blanket. They are then planning to give the blanket for Bella's burial. I know this is o/t but with all the fame hungry, useless, money hungry people, this seems to be a noble cause. IMHO. And all of you WS's seem to have such good hearts, I thought maybe you'd like to know about this.
Google Justice for Baby Bella, and if it says " official FB page" that is the one. It is different than the FB page the Godmother setup.

Great idea for the blanket!!!

https://m.facebook.com/babydoe.justice

Here is the facebook link

Checking in on this thread. I've followed all the previous ones but first post on this one. This entire thing has been devastating since the day they found baby Bella. I'm so grateful she has her name back but the horror that was the last days of her life make me sick. I do think RB had MUCH more to do with this and I think there are too many holes in her story, but I'm trying to keep things being reported as what she said, versus what JA has said. I think the things that are going to come out during a trial are going to break our hearts more than they already are. There is also so much misinformation out there as well (I see most of it coming from CNN, I never trust CNN to get the stories right... too many times they report hearsay as fact and it really messes with these cases). That said, I was truly mad at JA in the beginning of this, thinking he was someone that just up and left and never thought of Bella again... but after looking elsewhere by following links in the comments sections on some stories, and learning more about JA (which can't be discussed here)... my personal opinion is that he truly loved Bella. He has mentioned in the press that he had left Boston for Florida to take care of things... by things I think he meant that he had to get clean, and staying in the same environment where you were an addict, is a recipe for disaster. I know many people that have had to cut all ties in order to get sober successfully. Without knowing the details, I do believe that's why he left (and yes, as has been stated, get married as well... but when the Godmother said he ran off with another woman, I think it was much more than just that... when you are desperate to get clean, you do whatever it is you have to do in order to achieve that). I truly do believe in my heart that he was moving back to Boston to be in Bella's life (in various interviews and elsewhere, it has sounded like he also wanted to know where she was because he wasn't getting straight answers from RB, who always told him that Bella was in Cape Cod the times he tried to visit), after getting clean and becoming a better man maybe he felt like he was finally in a position that he could be a father. It's a shame that it happened too late. So my tune has definitely changed on him. I wish he and his family would have intervened sooner and been able to get Bella out of that environment :(

I continue to hope and pray that Bella had some happy days and that her entire life wasn't full of anger and abuse. It does give me some hope watching that video (muted because I cannot stand that monster's voice), that a lot went into that little "party"... tons of balloons, gifts, matching pretty tablecloths, dressed up in a princess costume, etc. A lot of kids raised in a drug environment don't get anything, all that money would have gone to drugs, period. So I am trying to have hope that during her lucid moments, RB tried to love Bella. We may never know the truth of what really happened, but I'm trying to keep sane by these small glimmers of hope that Bella did know some sort of love in her extremely short life <3

Good to see some sleuthers here from previous cases I've followed (ironically, almost all disgustingly similar murdered babies... sigh.)

I hope RB's two other children never find out about what their bio Mom did but on the flip-side they might feel better knowing they got taken away or they might not be here on this earth today.

a lot went into that little "party"... tons of balloons, gifts, matching pretty tablecloths, dressed up in a princess costume, etc. A lot of kids raised in a drug environment don't get anything, all that money would have gone to drugs, period. So I am trying to have hope that during her lucid moments, RB tried to love Bella.

Great post. I agree.

RB did love Bella, she just sucked at being a parent and NEVER should have been allowed to have more kids. I also believe RB is most likely directly responsible for Bella's death.

RB's need to "control" Bella strikes me as far more likely to have caused the death than MM suddenly going crazy and violently killing the girl. IMO RB was the dominant one in her relationship with MM, if Bella got locked into a closet it was because RB saw that as "appropriate" and MM likely kept his mouth shut (just like the friend that lived there did).

Great post. I agree.

RB did love Bella, she just sucked at being a parent. I also believe RB is most likely directly responsible for Bella's death.

RB's need to "control" Bella strikes me as far more likely to have caused the death than MM suddenly going crazy and violently killing the girl. IMO RB was the dominant one in her relationship with MM, if Bella got locked into a closet it was because RB saw that as "appropriate" and MM kept his mouth shut.

I'm sorry I disagree. Loving your children and being a good parent go hand in hand. Love is unconditional, love doesn't put our children in harms way. You can't have one without the other. We don't kill our children if we love them nor do we we put our child's lifeless body in a trash bag placed in the refrigerator then later toss in the water. Mom should have called 911 I don't think she has medical qualifications to know when a human being is actually dead. Bella might have been able to be revived if her heart had stopped for only a short period of time. Being brought back after heart stops happen all the time.. She didn't call because she didn't want anyone to find out about her drugs or what actually happened. Just because she bought her some presents now and then doesn't mean love. She has no clue what love is. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper