MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isnt the drugs that make them nuts.. they are crazy to begin with.. the drugs make them feel better.. the drugs empower them. Heroin doesnt make you see demons..he saw those independently. Many many many heroin addicts are functional. They go to work every day and maintain.. Soccer moms doing heroin is an epidemic. Eventually, they go over the edge and use obsessively and end up losing their jobs and family due to needing and wanting more and more to maintain...

IN MM and RB's case.. they were mentally ill and the heroin was a medication . IMO You will kill for that next fix.. but heroin is not hallucinogenic.. The demons he saw were part of his mental illness..IMO..

We have a mental illness crisis in this country. Every boob with 2 years beyond college taking "therapy' credits leading to a an "MS degree" can now hang out a shingle. Psychiatrists are all private pay. They simply will not take insurance. Who is really mucking around in the minds of people? APRNs who specialize in psych, PAs who specialize in Psych, social workers etc. They simply arent qualified.. they just arent. Look around.. more druggies, more murders, more mass killings.. yet we have better medication than they had 30 years ago.. We have better access to health care but not to psychiatry.. Yes, they knew right from wrong..maybe..that doesnt help when people are being slaughtered, abused and neglected.

More psychiatrists, more psych in patient facilities that are low cost or free, more rules in these "shelters".. you stay here you need to get psychiatric care..and zero tolerance for people who live on the streets. If you are a danger to yourself ( living on a park bench in the snow) you are admitted to a facility. If you are a danger to others you go LONG TERM to a mental health hospital. the average stay is around 7 days.. Time to start sweeping up the streets.. looking in the shadows, holding these Psych counselors accountable and get the job done. It is a guessing game. they ask "are you suicidal?" no. "Are you homicidal?" no. OK see ya next week. It is Russian roulette.

Anything I write is just my opinion.

Well said. This is exactly how our system is. They want gun control but no long term hospitals for the mentally ill. People will always be able to access guns especially the criminals. No more sanitariums like in the old days. Our streets are full of the mentally ill. Seven days and back on the streets they go.

It isnt the drugs that make them nuts.. they are crazy to begin with.. the drugs make them feel better.. the drugs empower them. Heroin doesnt make you see demons..he saw those independently. Many many many heroin addicts are functional. They go to work every day and maintain.. Soccer moms doing heroin is an epidemic. Eventually, they go over the edge and use obsessively and end up losing their jobs and family due to needing and wanting more and more to maintain...

IN MM and RB's case.. they were mentally ill and the heroin was a medication . IMO You will kill for that next fix.. but heroin is not hallucinogenic.. The demons he saw were part of his mental illness..IMO..

We have a mental illness crisis in this country. Every boob with 2 years beyond college taking "therapy' credits leading to a an "MS degree" can now hang out a shingle. Psychiatrists are all private pay. They simply will not take insurance. Who is really mucking around in the minds of people? APRNs who specialize in psych, PAs who specialize in Psych, social workers etc. They simply arent qualified.. they just arent. Look around.. more druggies, more murders, more mass killings.. yet we have better medication than they had 30 years ago.. We have better access to health care but not to psychiatry.. Yes, they knew right from wrong..maybe..that doesnt help when people are being slaughtered, abused and neglected.

More psychiatrists, more psych in patient facilities that are low cost or free, more rules in these "shelters".. you stay here you need to get psychiatric care..and zero tolerance for people who live on the streets. If you are a danger to yourself ( living on a park bench in the snow) you are admitted to a facility. If you are a danger to others you go LONG TERM to a mental health hospital. the average stay is around 7 days.. Time to start sweeping up the streets.. looking in the shadows, holding these Psych counselors accountable and get the job done. It is a guessing game. they ask "are you suicidal?" no. "Are you homicidal?" no. OK see ya next week. It is Russian roulette.

Anything I write is just my opinion.

It would be good if we started treating kids differently in schools. Problem solving techniques taught instead of shame and punishment.

Mental health services at school, Right on site. Many parents want treatment for kuds but they cannot leave work to get their kids to the office.

Parenting classes in schools. We could do a lot in schools.

As I always say, the Columbine killers could pass the high stakes testing for reading and math. So what!

There’s no easy fix for DCF’s woes

In the aftermath of the horrendous Bella Bond tragedy, Governor Charlie Baker pledged last week to repair the state’s Department of Children and Families. He declared that the agency will focus on a single mission: keeping kids safe.

“Our efforts will be aligned around this primary objective,” the governor declared.

Before the horror of being left to wash ashore on Deer Island three months ago as an unidentified corpse, this child was failed by every adult in her life, including her mother, Rachelle Bond, and the man accused of killing her, Bond’s boyfriend Michael McCarthy. Fixing DCF is a vastly more complicated and sensitive task than making the Green Line run on time.

In all of this, we should never forget that Bella was failed, first and foremost, by the people closest to her. But if DCF serves any purpose, it is saving the children who can’t save themselves. Baker’s frustration is laudable, but it will require a commitment to stay enraged and engaged to succeed where others have failed.

More at link...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...stay-course/y0n0XWDnlUe9xzOHe1sGnI/story.html

Well said. This is exactly how our system is. They want gun control but no long term hospitals for the mentally ill. People will always be able to access guns especially the criminals. No more sanitariums like in the old days. Our streets are full of the mentally ill. Seven days and back on the streets they go.
Prisons too.

It would be good if we started treating kids differently in schools. Problem solving techniques taught instead of shame and punishment.

Mental health services at school, Right on site. Many parents want treatment for kuds but they cannot leave work to get their kids to the office.

Parenting classes in schools. We could do a lot in schools.

As I always say, the Columbine killers could pass the high stakes testing for reading and math. So what!

We could! I agree. These are all good ideas. I wish schools could become real community centers, but instead I see them fracturing apart and more and more people want to homeschool.

ive said the same. they don't cook and don't even eat much.

IME, people who are that far down the drug rabbit hole do not tend to keep a lot of food in the house, particularly not refrigerated items, except maybe pop/beverages. But again, that is just based on my own experiences with people who have serious addiction lifestyles so sprinkle with as much salt as you wish ;)

Wow. DCF procedures amuse me to no end. According to this article, in 2009, there was change to intake procedure. When somebody made a call to DCF, a DCF screener would make a determination whether the case requires an "assessment" or an "investigation." If the case was classified as requiring an "assessment" there was no way to change it later, or remove child from the home. With such asinine procedures, is it any wonder children keep on dying? Who in the world could come up with this kind of nonsense?
http://www.telegram.com/article/20151004/NEWS/151009652

It's very expensive to keep mentally ill in the hospitals. Streets are so much cheaper to keep them in (sarcasm).

Wow. DCF procedures amuse me to no end. According to this article, in 2009, there was change to intake procedure. When somebody made a call to DCF, a DCF screener would make a determination whether the case requires an "assessment" or an "investigation." If the case was classified as requiring an "assessment" there was no way to change it later, or remove child from the home. With such asinine procedures, is it any wonder children keep on dying? Who in the world could come up with this kind of nonsense?
http://www.telegram.com/article/20151004/NEWS/151009652
BBM
Someone who had to justify their own existence in their position and decided to reinvent the wheel. The underlings cant object and the higher-ups are too busy reclassifying everything to keep THEIR job looking fresh and focused, to care.

ive said the same. they don't cook and don't even eat much.

They do apparently, however, keep the same refrigerator, even after storing Baby Bella's body in it, stocked with bottled water for guests who get thirsty.

It is best they are both in jail because just as many people dislike RB as they do MM. Rachelle Bond needs to seriously have a come to God moment, or come to Muhammad, come to Buddha or come to the Great Spirit in the sky moment because there is no way a jury is going to believe she was held captive by McCarthy for five months.

They do apparently, however, keep the same refrigerator, even after storing Baby Bella's body in it, stocked with bottled water for guests who get thirsty.

It is best they are both in jail because just as many people dislike RB as they do MM. Rachelle Bond needs to seriously have a come to God moment, or come to Muhammad, come to Buddha or come to the Great Spirit in the sky moment because there is no way a jury is going to believe she was held captive by McCarthy for five months.
Oh gag.

I've had bottled water start to taste like things in the fridge - carrots are a big one for some reason, my water will start to taste like it. That is so disgusting to think about.

Every time I think about that it makes me even more sick. As if killing her wasn't bad enough...

Poor Bella.

The news link below details issues with many child neglect / abuse cases in New England. Bella is mentioned about half way through; so I've thought to include it here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/out-of-the-shadows-child-neglect_5612aeaae4b076812702b61a

We need to be better than this.
So sorry you were let down Bella; by all the people who were supposed to protect you.

I read the article and i am ashamed but not surprised.. this should be required reading for everyone. This can be fixed.. but they havent done a thing to fix it. the social workers apparently are in a union.. start there.. the union protects THEM. Who protects the children?

Anything i write is just my opinion.

The news link below details issues with many child neglect / abuse cases in New England. Bella is mentioned about half way through; so I've thought to include it here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/out-of-the-shadows-child-neglect_5612aeaae4b076812702b61a

We need to be better than this.
So sorry you were let down Bella; by all the people who were supposed to protect you.

Where I lived in Minnesota, the county govt determined the funding snd the rules DCF runs by along with rules from the state.

The taxpayer does not want to pay. It is super expensive to put kids into foster care. In addition, there are no homes to put them into.

This talks about the two tier system which probably is used in many states.

We, the taxpayer, have chosen this. Most people do not realize this, but your elected representative in your local govts has chosen this.

From the article

risk?

William James Berry’s shaking death, some say, points to weaknesses in a system launched in 2009 to help social workers separate cases where children are in imminent danger from those where the family simply needs help.

The policy, part of a national movement, was quickly embraced in Massachusetts: in 2013, 38 percent of child abuse reports were assigned to the lower-risk group, DCF records show.

The higher-risk cases, including allegations of sexual or serious physical abuse or neglect, are referred to social workers whose “primary purpose” is to investigate and “determine the safety of the reported child,” state documents show. Social workers are supposed to “engage and support families” when the child is in the lower-risk group.

The state social worker’s union opposed the state’s two-tier system from the onset, MacKinnon said, because of concerns that families considered lower-risk may get short shrift. The social workers who do the full child abuse investigations are provided more training on how to interview children and ferret out signs of child abuse, he said, leaving people with less specialized training to handle lower-risk cases.

Currently, caseworkers who handle lower-risk cases are less likely to interview the child away from parents — often a key to getting at the truth, explained Taunton DCF social worker Laurie Cyphers. They are less capable, she said, of pushing parents to cooperate if they refuse state help. She worries that social workers with less experience and less training won’t be able to accurately assess safety risks.

“They don’t have the training and they don’t have the experience to fall back on,” said Cyphers, a 14-year DCF veteran who mainly oversees lower-risk cases.

There is no national data tracking deaths of children who had been placed on the lower risk track. But there have been enough incidents, here and elsewhere, to lead some child welfare advocates to question the idea of a two-tier system. In Minnesota, for example, the murder of a 4-year-old boy who had been placed on the lower-risk track prompted statewide scrutiny and recommendations to narrow, and perhaps do away with, the program.

It's very expensive to keep mentally ill in the hospitals. Streets are so much cheaper to keep them in (sarcasm).

Actually the cheapest and most effective thing is to treat them in their communities, but they have to have the proper supports.

Eta: moo from working in the disabilities field for over 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to ask a question here. You suspect there is something "not right" going on next door.. down the street or maybe in your own family. Things dont add up.. or you know one of the parents is a druggie or whatever.. HONESTLY, what would YOU do? Child looks sad and dirty and ..you fill in the blanks.

Would you call the police? Dcys? You really cant remain anonymous when you call the police..they tape the calls..can see your phone # etc. DCYS isnt very responsive..

Who among us would really call? That is a question we need to honestly think about. We can all wax poetic about the poor abused children, the rotten people in Bella's life who never did anything about the abuse.. but what would WE do? i am a mandatory reporter in my professional capacity.. not sure if being a neighbor, for example, i have to call it in, though. Would you risk a rock through your window, a bullet?

If you see something, say something.. but would you?

Anything i write is just my opinion

I read the article and i am ashamed but not surprised.. this should be required reading for everyone. This can be fixed.. but they havent done a thing to fix it. the social workers apparently are in a union.. start there.. the union protects THEM. Who protects the children?

Anything i write is just my opinion.

It did sound to me like the union is opposed to the two-tier system and other protocols that fail to adequately protect children.

I am going to ask a question here. You suspect there is something "not right" going on next door.. down the street or maybe in your own family. Things dont add up.. or you know one of the parents is a druggie or whatever.. HONESTLY, what would YOU do? Child looks sad and dirty and ..you fill in the blanks.

Would you call the police? Dcys? You really cant remain anonymous when you call the police..they tape the calls..can see your phone # etc. DCYS isnt very responsive..

Who among us would really call? That is a question we need to honestly think about. We can all wax poetic about the poor abused children, the rotten people in Bella's life who never did anything about the abuse.. but what would WE do? i am a mandatory reporter in my professional capacity.. not sure if being a neighbor, for example, i have to call it in, though. Would you risk a rock through your window, a bullet?

If you see something, say something.. but would you?

Anything i write is just my opinion

I would and I have. Once when I worked in a department store and was concerned about a regular customer's treatment of her toddler. That was unsubstantiated.

A few years ago, I was leaving a bowling alley and saw a dad reach out and backhand his 10-ish year old daughter hard enough that her head bounced. I got the license plate and called the police and child protective services. Abuse was substantiated and I got updates for months. I still think about that little girl and hope and pray that her father was kept away from her or got the help he needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member