MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MM may testify it was mentioned by the judge. It hasn't been confirmed yes or no so won't know until monday.

I must be confused. Wouldn't that be voluntary?
Voluntary means he did it knowingly involuntary means he didn't do it on puporse. If you accidently run over and kill someone in a car its involuntary. If your mad at someone and purposely run over them its voluntary

I want to hear MM testimony of when Bella disappeared. What he says RB told him happened with DCF. Details.
Where she was that day and where he was.

I agree with y'all. It doesn't seem fair to change the charges at this point to me. Although I do think that MM was involved somehow, as a juror I could not find him guilty of either. Just not enough there for it.

I feel based on evidence that it is possible he could have helped dispose of Bella's body.
But what would his motive be to help cover it up? He didn't seemed infatuated in love with RB that'd he do anything for her. So if he didn't kill her why help?

So I tend to lean he didn't know. But then I think the weights were from his fathers shop and the cell ping to the alleged dumping site and answering he didn't know Bella was dead to the officer after Spinsky told him something.

So then I go back to why help cover it up if you didn't kill her?

The evidence does not support a conviction but as a juror damn I wouldn't want to let a possible child murderer go. This one can go either way.

I bet they didn't offer him a plea deal only her. This case was high profile everyone in Boston and around the US wanted a conviction to pay for Bella's death. Even if LE didn't completely believe RB they would practice her testimony over and over to blame MM in exchange for that sweet plea deal. He would be the scapegoat. DA wanted a conviction to look good and get this case closed. Was anyone in the DA office, CW, LE or public official running for office during this time? Maybe some politics involved here.

So one thing I have learned (it is in my signature) is that people by human instinct have a hard time swaying from a story they hear. The lie becomes the truth because that is what our brain heard and processed. If that makes sense.

At this point I DO believe that part of RB story about Bella having a hard time sleeping and MM going to comfort her is true, just not on the night she died. RB used that memory because it probably stuck with her.

I believe that RB killed Bella on a different occasion and has not pin pointed a date because she knows some way somehow they will catch her in the lie with cell phone tracking or witnesses that MM was not at the house on that date. She's not stupid.

There is no evidence on the mattress that she was allegedly killed on of any aftermath of death, no evidence in the frig, car or even her little body. Med examiner said RB story is unlikely.

I think RB killed her alone in the house or maybe at the playground or maybe in the yard or maybe maybe maybe...her story about the murder is not believable and we go back to it because that's what the brain does.

Maybe MM was involved. Maybe he helped dump her body. But at this point there is absolutely no evidence that a jury can morally and legally convict him of any charges IMO. Also my opinion is the evidence all points to him not knowing. Evil genius planning on his part? I don't think the drugs, as heavily as he used them, would allow for a sharp mind like that. Drugs cloud the mind.
I agree with your thoughts. However, I am still hung up on the weights from his dads business, the location of the dump site for little Bella, and the fact he played dumb about her disappearance. He had gotten those texts from his friend, so he knew RB was accusing him. I don't buy that he is stupid. Druggies learn to con to get their drugs and survive. I suspect he might have been a little less trusting of RB. I don't give him a free pass. I think those texts he sent about Bella was a con. Remember, he was giving his friend advice on how to con the doctors for drugs. He allegedly got her to let her cable go because it was an instrument for spying. He would know if something came up about Bella the phones would be taken.

These things bother me.

listening to better audio of interview
Kinda taking my own notes

He went to hospital with girlfriend Kathleen? Where is this Kathleen? Where is her testimony?
People come and go and stay. Like who?? Possible accomplice?
He DOES mention Bella and in the present tense. Cop refers to her in the past tense.

He goes to meth clinic for 3-4 hours a day.

Easter they went to brunch.

He says Rochelle had all of her kids taken away so he doesn't seem surprised it happened again. He says RB told him DCF said we can do this the easy way take her now or the hard way and show up with a bunch of cops. (this is a pretty detailed statement)

She mentioned someone said something about her spanking her too hard and DCF will take them for nothing these days.

He tried to calm her down after Bella was taken.

No caseworker. ***

Sounds like he thinks its about DCF taking her.

"I was really surprised because she seemed to be a good mother." MM

Whenever I brought it up she wouldn't want to talk about it. I'd ask if she was trying to get her back and she'd say she's been through this before and once DCF takes them you don't get them back. (again pretty detailed statement)

RB telling a different story..."well I don't know how much different it could be" MM

things are different about the apartment... "What things about the apartment aren't true?" MM

I'm worried about where Bella is..."well now I am too" MM

"Doesn't make any sense" MM

If something went wrong, if it was an accident... "What was an accident?" MM

how a child could be killed... "Killed?" MM
you don't know she's dead... "no" MM
are you sure... "positive" MM

"I don't think you do know what happen to Bella because your sitting her saying I did something to her."

I'm so glad I could hear this with clarity. MM speaks calmly, he speaks of Bella in present tense and genuinely doesn't seem like he knows why they are there.

I think they should have tried them both let the jury decide not give her a free pass. I've searched comments all over the web and youtube. Most blame her. She is just as guilty as him at this point. Maybe both of them played a part in this if he did this alone as she testified seems she would have kicked him out and went to the police. She continued to stay with him leaving him loving text messages, and im sure she was still intimate with him as well. If my boyfriend or husband killed my baby I would not continue to live with him or love him.

I agree with your thoughts. However, I am still hung up on the weights from his dads business, the location of the dump site for little Bella, and the fact he played dumb about her disappearance. He had gotten those texts from his friend, so he knew RB was accusing him. I don't buy that he is stupid. Druggies learn to con to get their drugs and survive. I suspect he might have been a little less trusting of RB. I don't give him a free pass. I think those texts he sent about Bella was a con. Remember, he was giving his friend advice on how to con the doctors for drugs. He allegedly got her to let her cable go because it was an instrument for spying. He would know if something came up about Bella the phones would be taken.

These things bother me.

Agreed. The texts from Spinsky could go either way.
1. He was blowing off anything she said because in reality she was a cracked out hooker. He says and you believe her?
Did Sprinsky's text ever say exactly what she told him happened??

2. He killed her, help dispose of her and went on with life and manipulated his every response.

I wish they would have asked neighbors or Sprinsky if they ever saw the weights in the house.

Do we know exactly what the text said that Sprinsky sent to MM? And did MM respond?

I can't believe we all seem to be leaning NG. That must be almost unprecedented here at WS.

I think we are all experienced enough in watching these trials and following true crime that we can see very well when there isn't enough evidence for a conviction. The case was over-charged and was simply not proven.

I can almost guarantee there is someone on this jury or a few jurors that will not let there be a false conviction.

This ADA should be ashamed of himself, IMO. There are a couple of Troopers that should not be Troopers because they are not as smart as they think they are. They seemed to have forgotten our little Bella in all of this and that she should have and deserves true justice. True justice for Bella does not include letting RB walk free because I feel she is the one who is responsible for her murder. I think the troopers were sorry Baby Bella was murdered but just wanted a quick arrest without being as thorough as they should have been.

MM is no angel but I honestly do not think he is a murderer either. He was set up, IMO.

I would not trust JA or even any of these fringe people involved to tell the truth. All they want is their next fix and would do anything to get it. I don't even believe MM's friends.

This biased judge got on my very last nerve with all of her 'um's". She couldn't seem to complete a sentence without um, um, um. She may not have had chaos in the courtroom but she wasted so much time and certainly should have been more objective.

If this judge allows an Involuntary Manslaughter charge she should be booted off the bench, IMO. The ADA didn't prove his case and that is a fact. Let it stand.

MM doesn't need to testify and take a chance on stating something he shouldn't and didn't mean to.

O/T: I was out all day and left my laptop on the page here! I am going back to watch whatever video coverage there was today. I have finished reading the tweets.

Everything I have stated is IMO!

So let's talk next week.
Say he is found NG. He walks out free that day? What about RB does she leave jail that day as well? How will this work?
If MM is found guilty he goes straight to jail/prison. What about RB then? Free ASAP as well?
I feel some real anxiety over this case. People's hearts tug a children being murdered usually. More so I feel if a man is accused. I'm worried he may be found guilty just for justice. Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the jury can ask questions about RBS plea deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm finding this whole case quite strange. Not heard any evidence that even puts MM in that bedroom at the time of death. They do not even know when it was she died
RB claims Bella was playing in the dark when MM volunteered to go and settle her. Then just 5 mins later she went to check on them and Bellas' head was swollen and grey, her body lifeless. that tells me she it was an outright lie
Today the judge has claimed the charge will be lessened from murder in the first degree to second degree
voluntary or involuntary manslaughter. That, IMO, is because CW has failed to prove their case. they failed because RB lied. They seem to be picking and choosing which part of RB statement is fact or fiction. A very strange way to gain a conviction and justice for a little girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54