MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
someone earlier mentioned their family dog & how he herds the family together & barks if someone is missing

that has really stuck with me

I'm especially thinking of whenever a child is in danger, we often hear about the dog barking frantically to warn the family (often in advance of danger b/c they sense it coming); we also hear about them rushing into the water to try & save a child

I want to know more about the dog & his behaviour after this beach 'outing'

also, I don't believe the sister remembers nothing - if she remembers nothing ... it's because nothing actually happened at the beach, if ya'll get my drift ...

[bbm]

he's mentioned here:

http://www.necn.com/04/19/12/2-year...g-Bea/landing.html?blockID=692874&feedID=4753

Family friend Dan Rapp says he received a frantic call from Caleigh’s dad.

His name is David Harrison.

I think that's the uncle, at least according to this article.

"We're holding out that we're going to find Caleigh," said David Harrison Jr., Caleigh's uncle. "We're not giving up, we're going to keep looking."

http://www.necn.com/04/20/12/Prayer...ng_newengland.html?blockID=693662&feedID=4206

ok, maybe the family should re-think wanting that FB page shut down when offers like this are coming into it:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1184005053#Chris Combs I am the commander of New England Search and Rescue, we are a water search team if we can be of any help in locating Caleigh, Please have the family give us a call.

someone earlier mentioned their family dog & how he herds the family together & barks if someone is missing

that has really stuck with me

I'm especially thinking of whenever a child is in danger, we often hear about the dog barking frantically to warn the family (often in advance of danger b/c they sense it coming); we also hear about them rushing into the water to try & save a child

I want to know more about the dog & his behaviour after this beach 'outing'

also, I don't believe the sister remembers nothing - if she remembers nothing ... it's because nothing actually happened at the beach, if ya'll get my drift ...

I get your drift. Because even if the 4 yr old didn't see the baby actually go missing, she would have been there when all of the drama unfolded, and would have some stories to tell LE about that.

It just strikes me as odd though, because most 4 yr olds I know are pretty observant and also protective of younger siblings. Especially if mom walks away and leaves them in the ocean.

Which is also something making me scratch my head. You leave a dog and 2 toddlers ALONE in a dangerous undertow ocean, so you can retrieve the ball? It does not even make much sense. imo

Okay, mom is a victim, so I will back track a bit. I know she must be devastated and had no idea what would or could happen so I feel bad.

marycarney hesitates to be skeptical, but she is MIGHTILY skeptical of this entire story........ MOO

What is even worse, they may never know what happened to her...:(

That is entirely possible.

Moab, UT - Jennifer Klein, 3 years old, May 25, 1974

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46423&highlight=moab

Jennifer was last seen while she and her family were camping at a campground approximately ten miles north of Moab, Utah.
Jennifer was playing in the sand by the river with her parents and older brother when her father went back to their camper to retrieve something.
There was a dogfight while he was gone and everyone was watching the dogs.
While Jennifer's mother and brother were distracted, Jennifer disappeared.

Jennifer was never found and what happened to her remains a total mystery. Almost 38 years later.

g258000000000000000e27f40923823ef090632bb4c358888dae6a6529f.jpg

found this one of police talking to her sister....to get some idea of the area

That is just.... wow.

ok this is bizarre. My friend Karen runs a lot of missing kids fb pages. She talked to a cousin yesterday on facebook and they gave her some pictures to make a missing child facebook page.
By today all other friends and family were on there saying mom was furious about the page and she trying to have the cops arrest my friend for making it. Things got so ugly with comments of hatred for the page creator, my friend gave up trying to share news stories, and deleted the page.
This is the first time I have ever heard of an innocent family being angry about some one's attempt to spread awareness.

So she talked to a cousin of Caleigh and got pictures.
Then other friends and family relayed that the mother was furious about the page?
Even IF there were nasty comments being left about her, that could have quickly been brought under control.

Most parents would still want people to know their child is missing clinging to the hope she was abducted.
Most parents would not give a d@mn what is going on with facebook when their 2 year old daughter might be dead or abducted.

ok, maybe the family should re-think wanting that FB page shut down when offers like this are coming into it:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1184005053#Chris Combs I am the commander of New England Search and Rescue, we are a water search team if we can be of any help in locating Caleigh, Please have the family give us a call.

Of course they should re-think it... but there is mention of another page that understood the family's need for privacy. :what:
Why would you NOT want every single person on the planet to know your child is missing... GONE... you don't have them anymore.
It's a way to beg anyone, please, help us look for my baby! Why would you NOT want a place to be able to do that? :waitasec:

That is entirely possible.

Moab, UT - Jennifer Klein, 3 years old, May 25, 1974

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46423&highlight=moab

Jennifer was last seen while she and her family were camping at a campground approximately ten miles north of Moab, Utah.
Jennifer was playing in the sand by the river with her parents and older brother when her father went back to their camper to retrieve something.
There was a dogfight while he was gone and everyone was watching the dogs.
While Jennifer's mother and brother were distracted, Jennifer disappeared.

Jennifer was never found and what happened to her remains a total mystery. Almost 38 years later.

That is just.... wow.

So she talked to a cousin of Caleigh and got pictures.
Then other friends and family relayed that the mother was furious about the page?
Even IF there were nasty comments being left about her, that could have quickly been brought under control.

Most parents would still want people to know their child is missing clinging to the hope she was abducted.
Most parents would not give a d@mn what is going on with facebook when their 2 year old daughter might be dead or abducted.

Of course they should re-think it... but there is mention of another page that understood the family's need for privacy. :what:
Why would you NOT want every single person on the planet to know your child is missing... GONE... you don't have them anymore.
It's a way to beg anyone, please, help us look for my baby! Why would you NOT want a place to be able to do that? :waitasec:

Like I said yesterday, the member/mother whose child was missing this week reacted the way one expects a mother to react if their child is missing, at any age, for any length of time, taking any and all help she could get. We don't always see that happening, and sometimes there is a reason...:(

Also, because LE said it still might have been an abduction. So it seems like they need the public's help . Until her little body is recovered, why give up all hope that she is being cared for by a woman who wanted her own baby?

Dontcha kinda wish there were some REAL investigative journalists who were working this story? You know, more like in 'the old days' before we got news from parrots and ratings-chasers. <g>

At this point in time, this case deserves the scrutiny it is receiving here. Given what information we have, I would bet that LE as well is asking the same questions which have been raised in recent posts.

As much as I am hoping for a positive outcome, that hope dwindles each hour since little Caleigh was reported missing.

~jmo~

I guess you didn't keep up with the Anthony case. This is reminding me so much of Caylee's fairy tale kidnapping.
Ok, I talked to my friend Karen again. She said every one on the page was very supportive and optimistic, she didn't have to delete any comments because they were all kind. She talked to a cousin who lives in another state who really appreciated all the updates she was posting.
Karen asked them for more pictures of Caleigh and they sent her a whole bunch. She used imikimi to make one big collage of Caleigh with, "Please pray for Caleigh." and the page url.
With in a few minutes there were ten comments from people saying things like "who made this page? You did not have the family's permission." "what kinda sick evil demented person would exploit a tragedy like this." And then the comments started piling on demanding the page be deleted.
17 minutes after she posted the collage, she deleted it cuz so many people seemed angry over it.
Then she had to shut down the wall to comments because every one was calling her names. When the wall was shut down, they all started commenting on the news link postings, "You are exploiting this child and posting false information about the search." And that mom was sending the cops after the page creator.
Karen is a very sweet caring person, but she did not feel like dealing with all the drama, so she deleted the page.

This morning I saw there were 3 other pages for Caleigh, and they all had similar comments to what Karen had said. This evening all the pages are gone!!

Not taking a position about the FB page because people in grief react differently. But it seems entirely possible that if mom went after a ball, the 4-year-old was looking in mom's direction, and truly did not see anything happen. Either if the child was swept out or was abducted.

Sadly, whenever I am walking near the beach, there is always one wave that comes in a little farther than others - not even a big, rogue wave, but one wave. It could easy scare a toddler enough to make her fall over. Could the next one take her out? Could she had toddled after a bird? Given the temperature, it seems unlikely that she would have walked right in, but if she wasn't afraid of water, she might have taken a few steps in before realizing it was cold, then not been able to turn around.

Yes, where was the dog? What condition was he in when mom returned?

Terrible judgment by the mom to leave them alone even for a second but most parents have done it or will - in a grocery store, in the back yard, in a park. That's why I still wonder about a stranger abduction, especially by a couple. It seems they are not as uncommon as we'd like to think. Cute kid, distracted sister, stun gun, beach bag.....

I am having a difficult time understanding how a mother would leave her little ones unattended to jump a wall or fight the waters in order to retrieve a dog toy.

~jmo~

Where is the dad? We have heard from the dad's family, but not him. He hasn't been mentioned in any msm reports as far as I can see. Are they married? The children and mom have different last names, so they may have never been married, although it's possible she just kept her maiden name. I don't know that it is important to the search for Caleigh, but I am curious about him.

Found his fb page, all set to private and nothing on it.

Ok, I talked to my friend Karen again. She said every one on the page was very supportive and optimistic, she didn't have to delete any comments because they were all kind. She talked to a cousin who lives in another state who really appreciated all the updates she was posting.
Karen asked them for more pictures of Caleigh and they sent her a whole bunch. She used imikimi to make one big collage of Caleigh with, "Please pray for Caleigh." and the page url.
With in a few minutes there were ten comments from people saying things like "who made this page? You did not have the family's permission." "what kinda sick evil demented person would exploit a tragedy like this." And then the comments started piling on demanding the page be deleted.
17 minutes after she posted the collage, she deleted it cuz so many people seemed angry over it.
Then she had to shut down the wall to comments because every one was calling her names. When the wall was shut down, they all started commenting on the news link postings, "You are exploiting this child and posting false information about the search." And that mom was sending the cops after the page creator.
Karen is a very sweet caring person, but she did not feel like dealing with all the drama, so she deleted the page.

This morning I saw there were 3 other pages for Caleigh, and they all had similar comments to what Karen had said. This evening all the pages are gone!!

Hate to say this but, it seems so wrong to me. I would want the world to know my daughter is missing, and I wouldnt care who posted it either.

Mom now has 737 "friends" on FB? Wow...Also, nothing at all about searches, etc.

In my opinion there's something not right here, not at all!

The mothers reaction to the Facebook page/s is so strange. IMO. I'm trying to find a way to make sense of it.

Heaven forbid, but if my son went missing I'd be on my knees thanking people for their help and support.

The mothers reaction to the Facebook page/s is so strange. IMO. I'm trying to find a way to make sense of it.

Heaven forbid, but if my son went missing I'd be on my knees thanking people for their help and support.

From Sweetsavi's post, it doesn't sound like it's the Mother complaining about the Facebook page, rather people saying that the Mother is furious, and that the police have been called. Which to me is very different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SawYourFace
Back