MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it me or does the description of the strange man sound like the composite from the Molly Bish case? Or maybe I missed some details somewhere?

Sorry to quote myself. Past the editing time frame!
I didn't mean to imply it was the same guy. I meant if you lived in MA and had to make up a bad guy fast, that might be what comes to mind.

JMO

Sorry to quote myself. Past the editing time frame!
I didn't mean to imply it was the same guy. I meant if you lived in MA and had to make up a bad guy fast, that might be what comes to mind.

JMO

Was wondering why the description given had a familiar ring to it.

How far from the footbridge did the family say the girls were to you?

When they were timing how long it took if it were an abduction when I was there....David kept going back to a spot about 20 feet from the bridge and about 10 feet from the rocks next to the wall. The spot was definitely NOT tucked into the rocks or on the rocks that were next to the boardwalk, which would have been the farthest spot away from the water.

I wonder if she is saying that the safe spot would be because there is water on two sides and they are "safely" (ya right) away from both water edges.....

The only thing I think of why the details are changing....are that....well....maybe alcohol was involved. Sometimes after a drink or two you can't remember things....things are fuzzy....details fade....? How does a mother that had to have played out these few minutes not know EXACTLY how long she was gone. The only reason IMHO is she may have been inpaired and/or she was doing something at the car (running back to get something or?) and she just didn't want to tell anyone that part of the story.....

My understanding was closer then 20 feet to creek. The first time she throw the ball 'bad'....it went over the creek and landed on Cape Hedge beach. She (supposedly) left the girls near the footbridge as she went over it to retrieve the ball.

She retrieved the ball and while walking back over bridge....had another 'bad' throw from the bridge. This throw is the one that hit rocks by seawall, went up over seawall rail, bypassed seawall sidewalk, went over short concrete wall of 2cnd house in, and landed in the enclosed yard. My understanding was the girls were left near footbridge and she walked approx 150ft straight to stairs on seawall rocks (between house #4&5), went up stairs, walked back on seawall sidewalk to house #2, climbed over concrete walk to retrieve ball from enclosed yard.

This is the first I've heard of a 'safe spot'. And, according to what I've seen/heard, 10 feet from the rocks during a time of high tide is pretty close to waters edge.

Re the person from protective services saying 'everybody should be so lucky as to have a family like Elizabeth' (something along those lines). imo...Is funny she didn't include Caleigh in that sentence. Yes, Caleigh is missing but one would think what applies to Elizabeth now would have applied to Caleigh a month ago.

Oh well, have already stated my final views on this case re mother. Now, for me, the bottom line is to keep awareness of Caleigh re clothes etc out there so she stands a better chance of being brought home no matter what occurred.

Snipped from link:
Hammond also said the girls' location on the beach was being misportrayed in the media, and that they were not precariously near the shore or Saratoga Creek and the nearby footbridge.
~~
Hammond confirmed that she received a phone call Thursday from Anthony Harrison, her estranged husband and Caleigh's father, expressing concern that "the state was going to take the kids." She said Anthony Harrison had contacted Rockport police and expressed that he was afraid that E******** was not safe with Hammond because "she was not in the right frame of mind."

Snip from link:

"Hammond also said the girls' location on the beach was being misportrayed in the media, and that they were not precariously near the shore or Saratoga Creek and the nearby footbridge. "

How silly. imo There were numerous opportunities for her to set the record straight with the media/public re location. Nancy Grace...National TV...comes right to mind. And the Gloucester Times has certainly been available to family. During times of high tide there is only so much space between the footbridge, the stairs, the seawall and the ocean. No matter where they were left within that space it was precarious.

Snip from link:

"Hammond also said the girls' location on the beach was being misportrayed in the media, and that they were not precariously near the shore or Saratoga Creek and the nearby footbridge. "

How silly. imo There were numerous opportunities for her to set the record straight with the media/public re location. Nancy Grace...National TV...comes right to mind. And the Gloucester Times has certainly been available to family. During times of high tide there is only so much space between the footbridge, the stairs, the seawall and the ocean. No matter where they were left within that space it was precarious.

Exactly. I believe that she is trying to change the story because of course people are talking about her and leaving the kids on the beach....ANYWHERE on the beach...

I just remember the spot that the BIL kept going back to and then timed to the bridge etc...it seemed clear to him that this spot was where the kids were. But who knows....

It would seem normal that a couple that already had issues would have escalated issues with this situation. It would be normal for the husband to question things. I'm sure the mom is dealing with self guilt, guilt from the public, if she reads anything online then she has to deal with that...this is a terrible accident that unfortunately was the result of a stupid decision. That is a lot for mom to deal with...the process of dealing with this must be very extensive for her.

Exactly. I believe that she is trying to change the story because of course people are talking about her and leaving the kids on the beach....ANYWHERE on the beach...

I just remember the spot that the BIL kept going back to and then timed to the bridge etc...it seemed clear to him that this spot was where the kids were. But who knows....

It would seem normal that a couple that already had issues would have escalated issues with this situation. It would be normal for the husband to question things. I'm sure the mom is dealing with self guilt, guilt from the public, if she reads anything online then she has to deal with that...this is a terrible accident that unfortunately was the result of a stupid decision. That is a lot for mom to deal with...the process of dealing with this must be very extensive for her.

(my bold)

Just to clarify my post....I did not say ANYWHERE on the beach.
"During times of high tide there is only so much space between the footbridge, the stairs, the seawall and the ocean. No matter where they were left within that space it was precarious."

That space being a relatively small triangle at the end of a long beach.

I agree that the father's request for a 51A isn't unusual. But I do not believe the circumstances that Caleigh went missing under were accidental.

snipped-"Instead, when she looked back at the spot where she'd left the two of them, only one of them, Lizzie, was there, her arms raised, saying, "Caleigh's gone." "

boy this case is confusing... haven't kept up closely with it, so wanted to ask those who have-- Is this apiece of new info??? I thought it originally said mom only saw one girl when back in view, but nothing said about child waving arms or saying anything... TIA
hmmm

Offhand comment led to DCF probe

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1061132629

State Police say re-enactment re-affirms their Caleigh Harrison theory

(snip)
State Police say the beach was not crowded on April 19 when Caleigh went missing, but they have interviewed beachgoers and a surfer who saw Caleigh playing with her mother and sister.

Allison Hammond has told investigators she left her children alone on the banks of the Saratoga Creek, near the footbridge, for up to two minutes while she retrieved a ball for them.

Witnesses say they saw Allison looking for Caleigh and calling her name, but it would be another 10 minutes before anyone called 911.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/18...ice-say-reenactment-reaffirms-harrison-theory

Was she throwing the ball so the dog could fetch it? Why didn't the dog go get the first and or second errant throw?

Who leaves their little ones alone, anywhere, for any length of time? Esp. to retrieve something that can be easily replaced. Her story doesn't add up to me.

I think that LE should have had Allison throw the ball and see if the dog chased it up that wall. That to me would be pretty telling. Especially if the dog ran up there and got the ball multiple times.

We went to the lake this week... with my 8 and 9 year old.

The lake is less than a few inches deep for hundreds of feet once you leave the "beach."

I still did not let my kids go more than several feet out (after walking out to make sure it was not deeper.)
It's the first time they were out of my immediate reach near water.
I still could have reached them within seconds though, by running.
They never left my sight. Neither did any other kids while we were there.

I thought of Caleigh... and I still didn't understand.

I think that LE should have had Allison throw the ball and see if the dog chased it up that wall. That to me would be pretty telling. Especially if the dog ran up there and got the ball multiple times.

That - my friend - is a damn good proposition.

That - my friend - is a damn good proposition.

Second that....be nice if both errant throws were tested. (Thank you, by the way, for 'errant'....knew there was a word but for the life of me couldn't remember the word. lol)

Another thing I would like to get clarification on is where was the mother standing when she threw the ball and how did it end up going so far? I would think you would throw the ball from one end of the beach to the other. If thats the case how did the ball end up over that wall? How high is the wall? What kind of ball was used? If it was a tennis ball that the dog had been using it would not have as much bounce as a new tennis ball. Maybe it was other type of rubber ball? Or was she throwing the ball with the kids and it was one of those basketball sized balls they sell in grocery stores? Did the wind take the ball?

I am not accusing anyone of anything. Just trying to understand the facts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020
Back