GUILTY MA - Colleen Ritzer, 24, brutally murdered, Danvers, 22 Oct 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/sto...g-mass-teacher-slaying-case-resumes/21856777/

A judge heard arguments and testimony Friday as defense lawyers seek to have a teenager’s police confession that he killed his math teacher kept out of his trial.

State police Detective Lt. Norman Zuk, who was among the officers that interviewed Philip Chism and his mother the night he was arrested, testified that Chism said a “trigger word” had set him off before the murder. Zuk did not say what that word was.

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local...493-0a5e-5f13-8313-ec5928a953c3.html?mode=jqm

A Salem Superior Court judge ruled Wednesday that the public is entitled to see and hear the recorded police interrogation of Philip Chism, the Danvers teenager awaiting trial in the 2013 rape and murder of his teacher.

But Judge David Lowy also agreed to a defense request to delay the release of the transcript and video recording of Chism’s Oct. 23, 2013, interrogation, to allow the lawyers to appeal the decision. They have until Tuesday to decide whether they will ask a Supreme Judicial Court justice to overrule the decision.

“Under our common law, judicial records are presumptively available to the public,” said the judge in his decision, which he read from the bench Wednesday morning.

I can't imagine much of those statements would be excluded. But regardless, its sort of irrelevant. There is an absolute mountain of evidence against this kid, including the video.

"Lawyers for Philip Chism, the Danvers teenager charged with raping, robbing and killing his teacher, Colleen Ritzer, are appealing a Salem Superior Court judge’s denial of their motion to seal Chism’s interrogation."

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local...cle_9796652d-f2e2-5c35-ad35-80a7e06d6183.html

And so it goes.

:cow:

Its his attorneys just throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks and preserving all issues to try to appeal later. I don't see must if any chance any evidence would be thrown out so far. There is nothing to the idea that officers didnt have reason to stop Chisolm that night. Maybe there is something to the issue of whether he was fully advised of his rights, etc. But even that will likely be irrelevant. I doubt the judge would throw anything out and its unlikely an appeal would work. There is just so much evidence against Chisolm.

State Trooper weeps in court detailing autopsy that included 16 stab wounds of math teacher 'brutally raped and murdered by her student'

Philip Chism, now 16, helped investigators locate Colleen Ritzer's body after her death in October 2013

Massachusetts State Police Trooper Steven Buccheri said Ritzer suffered 16 stab wounds to her neck

Chism's attorneys are trying to throw out evidence seized from him during his first night in custody

Chism has denied raping and murdering the 24-year-old teacher

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lly-raped-murdered-student.html#ixzz3QIsxVxwn

I dont even know what to say. It doesnt surprise me that the MSP trooper cried-I dont think you can anticipate that kind of evil from a child. I understand a vigorous defense-but I cant help wonder if the DT would be pleased to have him live next door to them, especially if they have a loved one of his target age....or if they think this kind of broken will magically fix itself.

I dont even know what to say. It doesnt surprise me that the MSP trooper cried-I dont think you can anticipate that kind of evil from a child. I understand a vigorous defense-but I cant help wonder if the DT would be pleased to have him live next door to them, especially if they have a loved one of his target age....or if they think this kind of broken will magically fix itself.

I think the DT knows it is highly unlikely that he will be acquitted - they are just doing their jobs to make sure it is done with the right information so that the system keeps functioning. I'm sure they don't want him to move next door, and probably don't even want to "win". I feel like a lot of people think defense attorneys personally believe their clients and arguments - in cases where there is clear lying or weak arguments going on, even if a defense attorney claims otherwise, it probably has nothing to do with his/her personal beliefs. This case is horrific and I feel terrible for her family having to see this go through trial, but I think it is important to have a general expectation of a vigorous defense, especially where a minor is involved.

State Trooper weeps in court detailing autopsy that included 16 stab wounds of math teacher 'brutally raped and murdered by her student'

Philip Chism, now 16, helped investigators locate Colleen Ritzer's body after her death in October 2013

Massachusetts State Police Trooper Steven Buccheri said Ritzer suffered 16 stab wounds to her neck

Chism's attorneys are trying to throw out evidence seized from him during his first night in custody

Chism has denied raping and murdering the 24-year-old teacher

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lly-raped-murdered-student.html#ixzz3QIsxVxwn
I was under the impression that it wasnt a stick but a tree limb that was used to assault her sexually post mortem.? Anyone else remember that being the case?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That kid looks so doped up. Wonder what they are giving him

<snips>

"DANVERS — Philip Chism had the presence of mind to tell investigators that Colleen Ritzer was responsible for her own death, a prosecutor argued Tuesday.
'He leaves out important details. He disparages the victim and claims she did something to bring about her own death in a bizarre way,' prosecutor Kate MacDougall argued during closing arguments on a motion to suppress statements and other evidence in the case."

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/ch...cle_cf112c39-558b-5e40-b2de-60fab3ecd047.html

It doesnt sound like the judge is buying the defense arguments on most of this. I really would not want to be on the defense team. They don't have a lot to work with, they have to walk a fine line here (hopefully they stay on the right side) and they have a young, but very VERY dangerous client.

I just hope this kid never sees the light of day again. He is very dangerous. Very very dangerous.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/03/03/judge-throws-out-evidence-in-chism-murder-trial/

The judge in the murder trial of former Danvers High School student Philip Chism granted a defense motion Tuesday suppressing certain evidence collected by police after the killing...

Judge David Lowy threw out Chism&#8217;s confession made to Danvers Police after the murder, and cell phone evidence police had gathered after interviewing Chism.

Lowy ruled Tuesday that other items collected from Chism&#8217;s pockets and backpack can be included as evidence in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member