GUILTY MA - Colleen Ritzer, 24, brutally murdered, Danvers, 22 Oct 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Laura Crimaldi ‏@lauracrimaldi 1m1 minute ago
Judge Lowy proposes language to clear up the question. Jury comes in.

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 1m1 minute ago
Lowy now addressing jury

Lowy is going to read to jurors what he went over with attorneys

allison manningVerified account ‏@allymanning 2m2 minutes ago
Here's what Judge Lowy will read to the jurors to help clarify (as best I could scribble it down)
CWSoYV3WcAARgiI.png

Lowy sending jury back to deliberate

One continuous event! I cannot bold above. but it is the continous event :moo: this whole thing.. so I think they will go for it now.. I think that instruction just let that to the conclusion that I would have :wink:

The rape charge is very difficult because we don't know exactly when Colleen died. Like the tweets above suggest, the fact that they are debating the rape charge means they've already rejected the insanity defense - this is a good sign. :twocents:

The rape charge is very difficult because we don't know exactly when Colleen died. Like the tweets above suggest, the fact that they are debating the rape charge means they've already rejected the insanity defense - this is a good sign. :twocents:

Yet my understanding is the judge is just telling the jury if it's one continuous event that makes a difference and I think it's one continuous event. Like The difference between a serial murder and a mass murderer.

Is that folks understanding also of the instructions just given to the jury about a continuous event?

AnaTeresa, they have 3 murder charges they can decide. 1st degree deliberate premeditated, 1st degree extreme atrocity and cruelty, or second degree murder.

What happens if they find PC guilty of deliberate premeditated murder and not guilty of extreme atrocity and cruelty murder?

I've used up my five free Globe articles for the month. Does anyone know if the charging instructions have been posted elsewhere?

I've searched and can only find them on the Globe. I was going to paste the text but it converts wrong, I get a lot of ? in the middle of words and is difficult to read.

I still find it pathetic and preposterous that the jury is expected to find him 'not guilty' of rape because he had already brutally killed her. I would have an impossible time voting 'not guilty' on that finding.

I have all images saved - let me know if y'all need them posted to the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skigirl, the verdict is in. You were very close with your time prediction!

Reid Lamberty ‏@ReidLamberty 58s58 seconds ago
Verdict has been reached in Philip Chism trial.#wcvb

Laurel J. SweetVerified account ‏@Laurel_Sweet 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: Verdicts in #PhilipChism.

We have a verdict. Waiting for more details #PhilipChism

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account
‏@Bward3
BREAKING: We have just been notified there is a verdict in the #PhilipChism trial. All sides are gathered in the courtroom. #fox25

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 3m3 minutes ago
Waiting for jury. Court officer Says there is a verdict #PhilipChism

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 1m1 minute ago
A lot of tension and emotion right now, waiting for the #PhilipChism jury to return to court with its verdict. #Fox25

Liam Martin ‏@LiamWBZ 3m3 minutes ago
BREAKING: Jury has reached a verdict in the murder trial of #PhilipChism. We will bring you that verdict live on #WBZ.

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 6m6 minutes ago BREAKING: We have just been notified there is a verdict in the #PhilipChism trial. All sides are gathered in the courtroom.

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 4m4 minutes ago Colleen Ritzer's mother is emotional as we wait for VERDICT in #PhilipChism trial.

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 4m4 minutes ago
I can see Colleen Ritzer's mother and father are huddled together

allison manningVerified account ‏@allymanning 4m4 minutes ago
That's a little less than 8 hours of deliberation for this jury

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 5m5 minutes ago
It will be a few minutes before court ready to go. They have to set up security and get probation officer

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 4m4 minutes ago
A lot of tension and emotion right now, waiting for the #PhilipChism jury to return to court with its verdict

Hoping for livestream: http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/live-stream-3/

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 4m4 minutes ago Family huddled around Peggie Ritzer.

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 5m5 minutes ago
#PhilipChism is also still in lockup, waiting for him to come into court

allison manningVerified account ‏@allymanning 3m3 minutes ago
#PhilipChism just entered the courtroom. Looks the same as we've seen him every day. Court officer talks to him.

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3 2m2 minutes ago
Court security standing all around #PhilipChism now
Christina Hager ‏@HagerWBZ 2m2 minutes ago
#PhilipChism just entered courtroom, #ColleenRitzer's family is gathered "all rise" Jury has verdict.

Laurel J. SweetVerified account ‏@Laurel_Sweet 2m2 minutes ago
#PhilipChism glances in the direction of his mother Dianna as he's led into court. She stares longingly back.

allison manningVerified account ‏@allymanning 1m1 minute ago
Judge: "These jurors have given this case everything they have. They will never be the same people after deciding this case."

Laura Crimaldi ‏@lauracrimaldi 2m2 minutes ago
Lowy asks courtroom to remain quiet during the announcement of the verdict in

allison manningVerified account ‏@allymanning 1m1 minute ago
Judge asks for people to hold it together in the courtroom. Commends family for how well they have throughout the trial

Jill Harmacinski ‏@EagleTribJill 2m2 minutes ago
Brief recess and jury is coming in

Livestream is up: http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/live-stream-3/

(I was off by 34 minutes)

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis
DA Jonathan Blodgett is here for the verdict

Laurel J. SweetVerified account ‏@Laurel_Sweet
Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett, his face stoic, stands behind the family of Colleen Ritzer. #PhilipChism stares straight ahead.

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis
Courtroom is filling up with spectators. Many court staffers and attorneys here to watch outcome of case

Bob Ward Fox25Verified account ‏@Bward3
Right now, extra chairs are being brought into the courtroom as we await jury verdict

Julie Manganis ‏@SNJulieManganis 1m1 minute ago Probation officers are here as well. We don't expect sentencing today however

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back