GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the prosecution closing is making me cry. I feel so sad for Conrad and his family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The live tweets here are good: https://twitter.com/dglaun
( Please pardon if we have this link already)

ETA:
"He brought her, and all her baggage... along for this sad journey of his," Cataldo says"

So much for the judge to love about this "defense"... you couldn't get much worse if they were purposely not trying.

Such a fascinating trial, the prosecution was fantastic, I thought the defense was very weak throughout, but their closing argument was definitely their highlight. I think they prosecution proved their case and Carter deserves a guilty verdict, but I have no idea what the judge will decide, although I'm confident he give her some type of prison sentence.

Texting suicide trial: Michelle Carter's fate in judge's hands

The involuntary manslaughter case against Michelle Carter, the Massachusetts woman accused of urging her boyfriend to kill himself, is now in the hands of a Bristol County juvenile court judge. Judge Lawrence Moniz said he will alert the clerk's office when he's done reviewing all testimony and exhibits, and his verdict will be announced the next day. Conrad Roy III was 18 when he poisoned himself in 2014 by inhaling carbon monoxide in his pickup truck.

from CNN,com

(the link won't copy properly)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/13/health/text-message-suicide-trial/index.html

I've followed this story since it first came to light but unfortunately had trouble following the trial because I had surgery to remove a few tumors from my tibia and ankle a week ago! I was on so many pain meds, I could barely remember my own name let alone follow along with any consistency.

This trial didn't go at all the way I expected. Did I miss the part where the defense put on any witnesses to speak to MC's character, to say she was a good person? Did her family testify on her behalf? Any peers? Where was her remorse? I expected a big show of how sorry she was and that this was somehow a weird Romeo and Juliet type shared fantasy gone wrong.

If MC were my daughter, and I think God she isn't, I would not be able to look at her, let alone testify on her behalf. But for some reason I expected her family to be on her side since her mom didn't seem to have trouble posting for her on social media...

Just got home and can not wait to see what Judge Moniz will decide.
I made a comment about MC and it got deleted so I will keep my mouth shut!!!!
It wasnt that bad and am confused to why it did but no comment.
Waiting................

Listening to the prosecution closing is making me cry. I feel so sad for Conrad and his family and friends.

I know how you feel.
When I read the text which I no longer can because they malke me sick to my stomach I have cried. So cruel and awful.
I can so feel Conrads pain and anguish. I think he could have gone far in life had he matured a little more, received some help and never met this little vixen.
The timing was wrong for Conrad and I know his family will never be the same.

Ugh, she gives me the creeps, am I the only one who thinks this girl doesn't look right?

I think she has anorexia (mental illness), Trichotillomania (mental illness) plus whatever other mental illnesses she has, possibly psychopathy and sociopathy. I am not a doctor, MOO and all of that.

I will be surprised if she is convicted. Just adding my 2cents worth that.

I've followed this story since it first came to light but unfortunately had trouble following the trial because I had surgery to remove a few tumors from my tibia and ankle a week ago! I was on so many pain meds, I could barely remember my own name let alone follow along with any consistency.

This trial didn't go at all the way I expected. Did I miss the part where the defense put on any witnesses to speak to MC's character, to say she was a good person? Did her family testify on her behalf? Any peers? Where was her remorse? I expected a big show of how sorry she was and that this was somehow a weird Romeo and Juliet type shared fantasy gone wrong.

If MC were my daughter, and I think God she isn't, I would not be able to look at her, let alone testify on her behalf. But for some reason I expected her family to be on her side since her mom didn't seem to have trouble posting for her on social media...

I didn't see any of her family testify. Maybe I missed that day. I would be surprised if the mother did testify though. She wouldn't want to be cross examined by the prosecution. Especially considering she didn't seem to know her daughter was allegedly cutting herself or was 'psychotic' etc....

I know how you feel.
When I read the text which I no longer can because they malke me sick to my stomach I have cried. So cruel and awful.
I can so feel Conrads pain and anguish. I think he could have gone far in life had he matured a little more, received some help and never met this little vixen.
The timing was wrong for Conrad and I know his family will never be the same.

I wonder if Conrad was obsessing over suicide and couldn't get it out of his head. A type of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He might not have really wanted to die even though he had the intrusive thoughts. I can't imagine how terrified he felt when he realised he was actually dying. Him getting out of the truck was him saying he wanted to live. She told him to finish it and he did. I wish I knew what was going through his mind at that time.

SuperTmo, I hope your recovery goes well and you will be okay.

I didn't see all of the defense witnesses so someone else will have to speak about her character. I have never heard about any remorse from MC. I also doubt that she had any remorse cause she felt she did no wrong, just ask the Dr that was on the stand today.

I haven't watched the Prosecution closing yet, just the defense. It was hard to listen to it with him saying it was all Conrad's fault. What was worse was watching Conrad's mother and sister getting so upset they left the courtroom for awhile to compose themselves, The mother I noticed couldn't even look at the defense attorney while the closing was going on. Just horribly sad!! jmo

I didn't have the stomach to follow the testimony, so I just followed here. I'm usually not ancious, but I can't wait for the decision in this case.

As for how MC's parents might feel, it's been my experience that children able to demonstrate empathy and have a conscience closely follows their parents ability to demonstrate such. Based on Michelle's mother providing her the opportunity to circumvent the judges order to stay off social media speaks volumes about what her parents may or may not have taught her about right and wrong.

It makes me curious about children of sociopaths/psychopaths and the parroting the do of their parents behaviors. Any info anyone has on that would be an interesting read so please post it.

I wonder if Conrad was obsessing over suicide and couldn't get it out of his head. A type of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He might not have really wanted to die even though he had the intrusive thoughts. I can't imagine how terrified he felt when he realised he was actually dying. Him getting out of the truck was him saying he wanted to live. She told him to finish it and he did. I wish I knew what was going through his mind at that time.

I genuinely believe he thought she was going to show up and rescue him. That perhaps it was all just a really intense game they were playing. He may have been suicidal in the past but I don't think he intended to die that day.

SuperTmo, I hope your recovery goes well and you will be okay.

I didn't see all of the defense witnesses so someone else will have to speak about her character. I have never heard about any remorse from MC. I also doubt that she had any remorse cause she felt she did no wrong, just ask the Dr that was on the stand today.

Thank you!

Just got home and can not wait to see what Judge Moniz will decide.
I made a comment about MC and it got deleted so I will keep my mouth shut!!!!
It wasnt that bad and am confused to why it did but no comment.
Waiting................

Sometimes when I've had a comment removed and I'm confused about why, in an effort to improve my future postings, I've politely pm'd a Mod to ask if they could share the reason. I've always received a courteous reply, and fairly promptly too!

(Thank you Mods!).

I'm really hating that they talk about a "friend". Like in this Thread title. This was no friend. At all.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I watched the entire trial on YouTube (thank you lady justice) on my living room tv with my kids (12 and 16- 12 year old wasn't too interested)

Anxiously awaiting the judges verdict. I suspect we won't hear it until Friday at the earliest. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member