GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure about the "locked facility"? it seems McLain has a lot of day or short-term inpatient programs, also. link to their clinical services offered:
http://www.mcleanhospital.org/clinical-services

McLean Hospital provides an array of clinical services designed to meet the needs of each of our patients at every stage of treatment. Services are offered at a number of locations, including at the hospital’s main campus in Belmont.

ETA: I saw your latest post about this after I wrote mine. Thanks

Nope. Sorry about that. I forgot how many buildings they have there but she was inpatient there.. See above..
Sorry for confusion!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...atrist-says/zCrOp77pYoDNZldPlT7TSI/story.html

I'm fascinated add tho why her mom and sister didn't go in the courtroom at all. I saw her mom walking into the court house so I know at a minimum she was there. Her mom wad there vote the closing but still no sister..... very telling.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I don't believe she is mentally ill in the clinical sense either. We would have heard about it non stop and her records were very very sparse with no diagnosis. Heck no one believed anything she said whether cutting or anorexia etc.

I'm fascinated add tho why her mom and sister didn't go in the courtroom at all. I saw her mom walking into the court house so I know at a minimum she was there. Her mom wad there vote the closing but still no sister..... very telling.

In my humble opinion, it is a stage. The entire scene inside and outside of court, until judgment is made, is a stage carefully thought out by the defense with which to, if possible, bring a tip of the scale in their favor.

For example, to use this for example purposes only: One upon a time, a poor child, whose mum is neurotically obsessed with displaying her child as a trophy-piece with so little empathy shown toward the child's turmoil, then, during, and even now, said child is abandoned to face the consequences of her deranged mum's upbringing alone, by herself, in court facing the big bad judge who, in every paternal sense the defense can lay on said judge, must rule for or against said court-orphaned child set before him as almost her last chance to be properly parented. Will she have a happily ever after ending? Let's wait for more Dizney photos from Cinderella's castle--probably.

Lol.omg sent this from subway in nyc...i can't even decipher it sorry!!!

If I were them I wouldn't want to show my face to Conrads family!

How could they sit in that court room, and battle for their child's future, knowing said "child' battled against Conrad's right to a have future at all?

*I feel, very strongly, that although he was very conflicted, he did try to save himself in those last desperate moments... :(

Could they have been watching from a private room in the court house?

Why would a judge take this long? Its not like its 12 jurors that dont understand the law?

So the judge should know if she fits the criteria of the charges.

Because her texts says it all about her guilt.

<modsnip>

Why would a judge take this long? Its not like its 12 jurors that dont understand the law?

<modsnip>

Maybe it's a good sign. Maybe he's making sure she has a long torturous wait? Or trying to manipulate possible sentences for maximum penalty? One can hope!

<modsnip>

I share your concern and angst. But want to hope that he is REALLY, REALLY taking the time to analyze BOTH the facts and the impact his ruling will have in setting precedent. I am actually happy it is a judge and not 12 common folks like myself deciding this case. Though of course it is a double edge sword.

I heard him tell the Defense attorney, that he was going to review it all. Bc the attorney repeatedly made reference to submitted texts & kept referring to it. My question is: Is the judge going through all the disks & paper form evidence? As long as it was approved? How does that work for a bench trial anybody with legal knowledge know?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MC was prescribed antidepressants 2014. CR died July 13, 2014.

Without seeing any urine or blood test results, we do not know if MC really took her medication. My relative was very clever in saying she took her meds, people watching her take her meds, but then that little pill would be found hidden. So, just maybe MC was not on anything....and this was just her being in control of a situation.

Who knows, maybe the parents were just working their behinds off trying to make a living like the rest of us while the girl ran wild, living in her make believe world and wrecking everything in her path.

:confused:
You hit the nail on the head with this one!!! "Living in her make believe world". No doubt MC was cunning and manipulative, she was also delusional. Unfortunately at some point in life we all must come to age and understand the consequences, some life altering, that our actions bear.

As someone diagnosed(2004) and still battling anorexia nervosa(current) it is because IMO that that is wht the MCLean Psych intake might show as initial admittance diagnosis.... However, being in and out of treatment almost a dozen times I can tell you firsthand that people legit diagnosed with ED suffer from a self destructive disorder and in my treatments I have met many others that have been misdiagnosed as ED while also PRIMARILYsuffering from either narcissistic or personality disorder..... I got the chills when I read how MC repeated the script from Glee....I was in a residential treatment with a girl who would try to pass of script from the movie Girl Interrupted!! It was nauseating!!

<modsnip>

My guess is that since this case could set a precedence, he is reviewing everything and preparing a thorough written explanation for his decision - siting references, etc. That can take a while. JMO

My guess is that since this case could set a precedence, he is reviewing everything and preparing a thorough written explanation for his decision - siting references, etc. That can take a while. JMO

Exactly my thoughts. This case will have tremendous impact . It's not just another trial.

I agree. Also going over all possible sentences she could recieve, mental help issues she could get help for, what happens if she becomes mentally stable, does she get released or sent to prison, or possible she is totally set free. A lot to go through more then we can imagine. I believe this Judge is going to give some sort of sentence, she is not totally innocent...MOO.

You took the words right out of my fingers. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member