GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just come to this thread and after reading several of the communications back and forth I cannot read any more.

I have had up close and personal experience losing two friends to suicide over the years and living in the aftermath. The pain for the families is unlike anything anyone can imagine. Friends and family would have done ANYTHING to save their loved ones lives.

This girl is a monster and deserves to be punished. There is something very very wrong with her and I see her as extremely dangerous.

This is a terrible case.

MOO

In my amateur opinion, i agree that this girl appears to be a danger to the general population, or at minimum, the mentality fragile.
As i stated upthread, she needs to be in a state medical facility for punishment, and testing. Again, amateur analysis and opinion. And, btw, this girl really gives me the hebbie jeebies!

I detest this young lady. But the detached clinical part of my noggin is telling me that she is a very sick person. I think she is a sociopath and probably a laundry list of mental illnesses to boot. I want her put away for her actions, but I wonder if treatment in lockdown facility for a time would make a difference.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I detest this young lady. But the detached clinical part of my noggin is telling me that she is a very sick person. I think she is a sociopath and probably a laundry list of mental illnesses to boot. I want her put away for her actions, but I wonder if treatment in lockdown facility for a time would make a difference.

I just think people are her are simply egocentric psychos. She is not mentally ill. No way Jose.

She spent time in McLean Psychiatric Hospital. That is a locked facility. None of her treatment providers were called in her defense. Her records were entered into evidence however.

She spent time in McLean Psychiatric Hospital. That is a locked facility. None of her treatment providers were called in her defense. Her records were entered into evidence however.
exactly. IF she had a valid and relevant diagnosis, you bet the defense would have been all over it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I didn't know that. I find it odd that her records were entered into evidence yet the defense brought no one in?
Does anyone have any ideas as to why that would be? I would think they would have. JMO

Lol,seattlechiquita I slid right by your post and there is the answer.
Ugh long day and past my bedtime.
Goodnight.

I didn't know that. I find it odd that her records were entered into evidence yet the defense brought no one in?
Does anyone have any ideas as to why that would be? I would think they would have. JMO

This is really an interesting question, really interesting.
So we know she was in a locked facility. This suggests to me that she was either at risk of harming herself, someone else, or both.
I'm guessing the defense was asked by the parents not to reveal the nature of her illnesses, and the prosecution didn't want her to skate because she could be declared incompetent?

In reading her text session during the boys first declaration of suicide, her responses, frankly, did not seem to be from someone comprehending the situation completely.

I have no sympathy for this young woman, but I am truly leaning towards her being mentally unfit for trial. (DUCKING!) I know that is going to get some non-favorable responses!

But truly, it appears she is really mentally ill, needs further evaluation and should most likely be living in a monitored environment.
I do still believe she should serve time in a medical facility since she did go to trial.

Again, I know this isn't the popular opinion, and she certainly is a detestable person...but I do think she is mentally unfit.

This is really an interesting question, really interesting.
So we know she was in a locked facility. This suggests to me that she was either at risk of harming herself, someone else, or both.
I'm guessing the defense was asked by the parents not to reveal the nature of her illnesses, and the prosecution didn't want her to skate because she could be declared incompetent?

In reading her text session during the boys first declaration of suicide, her responses, frankly, did not seem to be from someone comprehending the situation completely.

I have no sympathy for this young woman, but I am truly leaning towards her being mentally unfit for trial. (DUCKING!) I know that is going to get some non-favorable responses!

But truly, it appears she is really mentally ill, needs further evaluation and should most likely be living in a monitored environment.
I do still believe she should serve time in a medical facility since she did go to trial.

Again, I know this isn't the popular opinion, and she certainly is a detestable person...but I do think she is mentally unfit.

McLean is huge. I spent a lot of time there with my Bi-Polar, Psycho ex. He was participating in a research study program headed by Martin Teicher, MD, PhD ...(Fascinating guy for sure!), but they do have a top notch eating disorder center... (anybody have a a link about her being in a "locked" facility, I completely missed that.), so I thought that was probably why she went there. Could have been for other (co-morbid) issues though. Like I said, the place is enormous.Plus many off site affiliate programs ect... Check it out:
http://www.mcleanhospital.org/?gclid=CNG9pt-5vNQCFRJYDQodxlwF9g

From what I recall though, McLean is adamant in it's philosophy on taking personal responsibility for oneself and not manipulating through the diagnosis of mental illness. I cannot see them ever handing in a report that MC was incapable of knowing right from wrong, or delusional/ psychotic if she wasn't. If thats where she was receiving her meds and treatment, then she was being carefully managed. They are the best at what they do. She was obviously not found incompetent to stand trial, so I am thinking the defense did not want that report lingered on, and so they brought in that quack. Sheese... Transparent much?

Also... If MC was receiving therapy herself, I find that all the more revolting, that she never confided in her Dr./ Therapeutic team about her "friend"...or considered insisting, pushing, harassing, embarrassing Conrad into doing so, ( or she would withdraw her support/friendship!). I would be interested to know when she watched that Glee episode last....:liar:

They would have said she's not crazy just depressed?

JMO

I wonder if she was there because of her eating disorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor people can't afford to send teens to psych treatments these days.

So I guess her family had some pennies saved if they previously got her voluntarily in there without being mandated to do so on the countys dime.

I thought when the defense started their case they entered into evidence all of Conrad's medical and very little of MC's. Maybe I miss understood or didn't listen close enough when he was talking. That was just what I thought I heard.

They start entering at the 3 min mark:

[video=youtube;Yk3X5vSXNkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3X5vSXNkc&list=PLuNw9FRRRYk5Npn9rnFityhlnYs3v4AlI&index=14[/video]

Poor people can't afford to send teens to psych treatments these days.

So I guess her family had some pennies saved if they previously got her voluntarily in there without being mandated to do so on the countys dime.

Yeah. I figured they has $$ Just from the IG pics, the Disney trip, right after prom, her clothes look expensive , and on-going mental health treatment ect...

Yeah. I figured they has $$ Just from the IG pics, the Disney trip, right after prom, her clothes look expensive , and on-going mental health treatment ect...

Upthread I questioned why she didn't have a car, like all of the other girls that testified. I wondered if the parents couldn't afford to get her one, but now I wonder if they didn't because they didn't trust her enough or something along those lines.

Why would they put someone in "lock down" for an eating disorder?

Why would they put someone in "lock down" for an eating disorder?

Never heard, (except in this thread) she was on a locked ward. Not all patients at McLean are.

ETA:
The only references I can find are about MC having once been a patient there...

“It is in the various text messages that she tells him that he should get help and go to McLean Hospital,” a psychiatric facility where Carter had also once been a patient, Cataldo told PEOPLE."
https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...nd-conrad-roy-text-messages-trial-begins/amp/

I can find nothing to suggest she was even an In Patient client. And even in that case, she was not necessarily on a locked ward.

Never heard, (except in this thread) she was on a locked ward. Not all patients at McLean are.

ETA:
The only references I can find are about MC having once been a patient there...

“It is in the various text messages that she tells him that he should get help and go to McLean Hospital,” a psychiatric facility where Carter had also once been a patient, Cataldo told PEOPLE."
https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...nd-conrad-roy-text-messages-trial-begins/amp/

I can find nothing to suggest she was even an In Patient client. And even in that case, she was not necessarily on a locked ward.

Sorry. That was me and based on patients I had visited there, but I think you are correct that some buildings are not locked-in.

ETA; "Carter entered an inpatient program at McLean Hospital, a psychiatric facility, and later began receiving therapy."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...atrist-says/zCrOp77pYoDNZldPlT7TSI/story.html

Are you sure about the "locked facility"? it seems McLain has a lot of day or short-term inpatient programs, also. link to their clinical services offered:
http://www.mcleanhospital.org/clinical-services

McLean Hospital provides an array of clinical services designed to meet the needs of each of our patients at every stage of treatment. Services are offered at a number of locations, including at the hospital’s main campus in Belmont.

ETA: I saw your latest post about this after I wrote mine. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member