GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting. I take it that Alice's mom saw the writing on the wall??
I do not have facebook so can not look up these Facebook post. In an above post are you saying that LadyJustice has them on youtube?
Also to me not only of course does MC have an evil look to her lately but to me she also looks slightly sedated. Anyone else?

Agree on the evil look, scary looking. Reminds me of Arias, IMO.

Agree on the evil look, scary looking. Reminds me of Arias, IMO.

I think MC looks scarier. To me her look has changed, she seems to have lost weight and just looks sedated to me. I think some form of reality has set in for her but then again on the other hand I firmly believe it is all about her and neither her or her family feel she did anything wrong. Her mother posting on social media about Disney vacation and prom is a prime example.
At least JA is put away for life. That is not going to be the case here.
I can not wait weeks for a verdict!!!!

I think MC looks scarier. To me her look has changed, she seems to have lost weight and just looks sedated to me. I think some form of reality has set in for her but then again on the other hand I firmly believe it is all about her and neither her or her family feel she did anything wrong. Her mother posting on social media about Disney vacation and prom is a prime example.
At least JA is put away for life. That is not going to be the case here.
I can not wait weeks for a verdict!!!!

I wonder what meds they have her on now. How will she react during the verdict?

I wonder what meds they have her on now. How will she react during the verdict?

It will depend on what it is and she certainly is not going to end up in prison for life.
I think she is a dangerous girl and would really like to know about "Alice".

[video=twitter;875440074543857664]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/875440074543857664[/video]

I am shocked it is this soon!

[video=twitter;875440074543857664]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/875440074543857664[/video]

I am shocked it is this soon!

Ohhhhhhhh Judge Moniz must have had a decision all along????

11 am Eastern. Anyone care to comment on how they think he might rule? I'm leaning toward not guilty because there was always the option for Conrad to cease communicating with her. Plus, with so many people calling her a liar, there is the possibility she lied when telling her friend that she told him to get back in the car. For me, the possibility that he never exited the car and got back in could be reasonable doubt. There is no doubt she's morally bankrupt, but ....... I still have questions.

11 am Eastern. Anyone care to comment on how they think he might rule? I'm leaning toward not guilty because there was always the option for Conrad to cease communicating with her. Plus, with so many people calling her a liar, there is the possibility she lied when telling her friend that she told him to get back in the car. For me, the possibility that he never exited the car and got back in could be reasonable doubt. There is no doubt she's morally bankrupt, but ....... I still have questions.

IF this was the case, the defense would have brought it up. They did not.

I think she is guilty as sin and think this should set precedent. She was, at least, aiding suicide.And in Mass, it's still not legal.

p.s. ohai Cubby!!! {{{hugs}}}

Regardless of the verdict I hope she is forced to live her life like CA. In a cave shying away from the public living a non life.

It has nothing to do with her convo with her friend. That exchange was a text between her and Conrad. He got out of the car and told her he couldn't go thru with it, he was too scared. Her reply was "get back in"

Judge To Announce Decision In Michelle Carter Trial Friday

June 15, 2017

The judge in the trial of a Plainville teen accused of encouraging her friend’s suicide will announce his decision in the case on Friday.

Michelle Carter is facing an involuntary manslaughter charge in the death of Conrad Roy.

[...]

Judge Moniz will announce his decision at 11 a.m.

It has nothing to do with her convo with her friend. That exchange was a text between her and Conrad. He got out of the car and told her he couldn't go thru with it, he was too scared. Her reply was "get back in"

She (allegedly) verbally said that to him, it wasn't a text message to him. She texted her friend (Samantha?) that she told him to get back in. I think what Cubby means is that perhaps she made that part up for drama's sake and that maybe she never said that to him. However, I think the DT would have brought that up and she would have probably testified to that if it were the case. I think the timing of the phone calls along with her admission about what she said speak volumes.

I would like to think she will be found guilty but I can't say I'm sure she will be. The first trial I ever followed here was CA and I was beyond certain of what her verdict would be. I'm still raw from that! The DT didn't put on much of a case. The judge knew what they had lined up in terms of witnesses and what that quack doctor was going to talk about... and I feel like if it was going to make a difference he would have honored the DT's motion to have the case thrown out after the prosecution rested.

My sincere hope is a guilty verdict with a harsh punishment, not just for Conrad, his family and the justice he so greatly deserves, but for every person who might not be bullied to their death in the future if the Judge makes an example of this case.

I'm thinking that we will get the decision in Friday. Unlike a jury decision where they give the verdict the same day normally, the judge said he would alert all parties that he had a decision and court would reconvene the next day. I don't believe this would go until next week, but obviously he didn't contact anyone today...

You were right monkey.....lol

I'm going with not guilty. I could be wrong (lord knows I was wrong with CA).

Well, I'm still hopeful. If the Supreme Court found the charge acceptable and lawful I can see that the judge can also see the path to finding her guilty.

Well, I'm still hopeful. If the Supreme Court found the charge acceptable and lawful I can see that the judge can also see the path to finding her guilty.

Yes! They tried to get this case dismissed all the way up the chain and it didn't happen. Fingers crossed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024