GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With my fingers crossed, I'm thinking the judge will find her guilty & will sentence her to several years in jail/prison.

Re malice, as shown in the explanation above: I'm not so sure she didn't have malice -- she was "so tired" of him taking about suicide but never doing it -- so she helped him to get it done "this time."

But anyway, she is not charged with Manslaughter, IIRC.

My only nag is the suicide note -- I hope that doesn't interfere with the verdict; I agree that on the night she told him to get back in the car and go through with it, that is evidence enuff to show that she should be found guilty.

See y'all at 11:00 EDT.

[video=twitter;875676298903003136]https://twitter.com/JuliannePeixoto/status/875676298903003136[/video]

To me this makes the charge much clearer. I would find her guilty! jmo

Here is where I don't get the involuntary part. Absence of malice? This WAS premeditated and WELL thought out and planned. Right?

With my fingers crossed, I'm thinking the judge will find her guilty & will sentence her to several years in jail/prison.

Re malice, as shown in the explanation above: I'm not so sure she didn't have malice -- she was "so tired" of him taking about suicide but never doing it -- so she helped him to get it done "this time."

But anyway, she is not charged with Manslaughter, IIRC.

My only nag is the suicide note -- I hope that doesn't interfere with the verdict; I agree that on the night she told him to get back in the car and go through with it, that is evidence enuff to show that she should be found guilty.

See y'all at 11:00 EDT.
bbm

The note doesn't bother me that much. It wasn't being argued that he was not ill. I think the note could actually be evidence. "Thank you my love, without all your help and support, I never could have succeeded in killing myself, now thanks to you, I'll be dead today!"
:(

He also tried to save himself, after the note was written, when push, came to shove, he tried,( once again! ), to choose life, but she was right there, on that phone, to tell him to just quit being such a loser and finish something for once...

bbm

The note doesn't bother me that much. It wasn't being argued that he was not ill. I think the note could actually be evidence. "Thank you my love, without all your help and support, I never could have succeeded in killing myself, now thanks to you, I'll be dead today!"
:(

Exactly. I am hoping she gets 20 years for manslaughter.
Ever since the Casey trial I can no longer make any kind of a decision on what I think will happen. I swear that trial ruined my judgement for trials and this is really the first one I have followed since the CA trial and the JA trial.
Someone asked above about the judge. If I remember correctly he was also a school teacher before becoming a lawyer/judge. So I would say he knows kids and this one is a whackjob.
11am cant come fast enough.

Case set to make legal history...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/co...ichelle_carter_case_set_to_make_legal_history

"When Conrad Roy III was found dead in a Fairhaven Kmart parking lot on July 13, 2014, investigators saw it as a sad teenage suicide. When they found his phone and turned it on, they discovered Carter’s invisible hand pushing him to his grave."

snip

"A unanimous court found there was probable cause for Carter to be indicted. But now the standard is beyond a reasonable doubt, and Judge Lawrence Moniz has had only his own conscience and experience to lead him through these murky legal waters.

“Guilty or not, this is going to set brand-new, landmark law in what was previously uncharted territory,” said Peter Elikann, former chairman of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section. “This could have an effect on the law not only here, but it could resonate loudly across the United States.”

snip

“This will certainly make people realize that what they text and say online will have legal consequences,” said Tom Merrigan, a former District Court judge in Massachusetts. “This has been an eye-opener to people about their responsibilities.”

[video=twitter;875707104790794242]https://twitter.com/CurtBrown_SCT/status/875707104790794242[/video]

They are there early!

Case set to make legal history...

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/co...ichelle_carter_case_set_to_make_legal_history

"When Conrad Roy III was found dead in a Fairhaven Kmart parking lot on July 13, 2014, investigators saw it as a sad teenage suicide. When they found his phone and turned it on, they discovered Carter’s invisible hand pushing him to his grave."

snip

"A unanimous court found there was probable cause for Carter to be indicted. But now the standard is beyond a reasonable doubt, and Judge Lawrence Moniz has had only his own conscience and experience to lead him through these murky legal waters.

“Guilty or not, this is going to set brand-new, landmark law in what was previously uncharted territory,” said Peter Elikann, former chairman of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section. “This could have an effect on the law not only here, but it could resonate loudly across the United States.”

snip

“This will certainly make people realize that what they text and say online will have legal consequences,” said Tom Merrigan, a former District Court judge in Massachusetts. “This has been an eye-opener to people about their responsibilities.”

Butttttt if she comes out of this with a slap on the hand it will not be setting any kind of legal history except that you can do what she did and get away with it.

I am hopeful that this judge is mindful of his decision. Hopefully with being a former teacher he sees how she purposely caused Conrad's death that day!

I was thinking about this case last night while trying to fall asleep, and was thinking about how angry she was about him not going through with it. She was so mad because she had already told some friend(s) he was dead, correct? When he said he she was right and that he "didn't have it in him" to follow through she berated him and said she was so stupid and felt played and blah blah blah. MC needed him dead. She told her friend she wasn't going to let him change his mind (paraphrasing). How desperate was she for him to end up dead. Had he not killed himself, I wonder if she would have killed him herself.

There is no cure or treatment for a psychopath, so guilty or innocent she will at best remain at this evil level or at worst continue the path and escalate throughout her life. I hope all who enter her life use google .

Butttttt if she comes out of this with a slap on the hand it will not be setting any kind of legal history except that you can do what she did and get away with it.

I'm thinking if another did this exact same thing but with someone who had not previously tried to kill themselves repeatedly it would be a slam dunk. I think that is the prosecutions chink in the armor.

There is no cure or treatment for a psychopath, so guilty or innocent she will at best remain at this evil level or at worst continue the path and escalate throughout her life. I hope all who enter her life use google .

Can you imagine meeting her later in life only to find out later what she had done!

I'm thinking if another did this exact same thing but with someone who had not previously tried to kill themselves repeatedly it would be a slam dunk. I think that is the prosecutions chink in the armor.

I also wonder if she was a male if that would play a different part in all this.

Exactly. I am hoping she gets 20 years for manslaughter.
Ever since the Casey trial I can no longer make any kind of a decision on what I think will happen. I swear that trial ruined my judgement for trials and this is really the first one I have followed since the CA trial and the JA trial.
Someone asked above about the judge. If I remember correctly he was also a school teacher before becoming a lawyer/judge. So I would say he knows kids and this one is a whackjob.
11am cant come fast enough.

I feel the exact same way. I think I am still damaged from that trial and the OJ trial.
But CA haunts me. I have a daughter that was the same age as Caylee and looked just like her. I was pg with my son and totally hormonal and obsessed. That decision wrecked me. I've never ever been that involved in a case since...nor will I.

Here is where I don't get the involuntary part. Absence of malice? This WAS premeditated and WELL thought out and planned. Right?

Imo, I can consider the opposite side of the card she was playing when she seemingly was contacting his family and pretending she was unaware of happening as malice. I honestly think she did that as a means to prevent Conrad's support system with helping him. From what I recall of the texts she really seemed to attempt to put road blocks up to ensure no one else would intervene on his behalf.

Imo, I can consider the opposite side of the card she was playing when she seemingly was contacting his family and pretending she was unaware of happening as malice. I honestly think she did that as a means to prevent Conrad's support system with helping him. From what I recall of the texts she really seemed to attempt to put road blocks up to ensure no one else would intervene on his behalf.

I totally agree with you. It was a smoke screen to delay and to also find out what they knew at all times to protect herself.

I have faith she will be found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. She needs to be kept off the streets so she does not do this to her own kids in the future if she has a chance to be out in the world.

I have faith she will be found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. She needs to be kept off the streets so she does not do this to her own kids in the future if she has a chance to be out in the world.

Can she get a life sentence for involuntary manslaughter? We all believe it was voluntary and with malice, but it seems the DA charged what he could prove. If she's found guilty, I hope the sentence is the maximum allowed. And I hope it's a long, long time. She's a predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy