GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can she get a life sentence for involuntary manslaughter? We all believe it was voluntary and with malice, but it seems the DA charged what he could prove. If she's found guilty, I hope the sentence is the maximum allowed. And I hope it's a long, long time. She's a predator.

I dont know. Its my wish she is locked up for the rest of her life. Shes 20 now so she will be out by 40. Your right, she is a predator :(

I have faith she will be found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. She needs to be kept off the streets so she does not do this to her own kids in the future if she has a chance to be out in the world.

20 years is max sentence.

I dont know. Its my wish she is locked up for the rest of her life. Shes 20 now so she will be out by 40. Your right, she is a predator :(

IIRC, max sentence is 20 years. She deserves every day, IMO.

I'm praying that the Roy family immediately files a civil claim for millions and millions. She will never escape this for the rest of her life if so. Her wages will forever be garnered and every employer will know.

[video=twitter;875725954680840193]https://twitter.com/BethKaras/status/875725954680840193[/video]

Darn!

I have a feeling that she won't be spending a great deal of time behind bars. I think it was a brilliant move by the defense to forgo a jury. Removed the emotional element. She will get a clinical and lawful decision which I believe will lean in her favor. I think she is very disturbed and she is a danger to others, but I still think that the judge will take her age and mentality into consideration, whereas a jury would have venomous feelings towards her.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm praying that the Roy family immediately files a civil claim for millions and millions. She will never escape this for the rest of her life if so. Her wages will forever be garnered and every employer will know.
This is what I hope also.

Does anyone have a good link?

I have a feeling that she won't be spending a great deal of time behind bars. I think it was a brilliant move by the defense to forgo a jury. Removed the emotional element. She will get a clinical and lawful decision which I believe will lean in her favor. I think she is very disturbed and she is a danger to others, but I still think that the judge will take her age and mentality into consideration, whereas a jury would have venomous feelings towards her.

Absolutely! I always though she would get hung jury....
I don't think she will get jail either but I hope so. Imo a guilty verdict at 20 will forever alter the course of her life so if that's all I get I'm good. I just can't accept not guilty in any shape or form.

Does anyone have a good link?

Lawnewz.com

I think they all stink honestly because it's the main feed from the court room that is awful.

Can she get a life sentence for involuntary manslaughter? We all believe it was voluntary and with malice, but it seems the DA charged what he could prove. If she's found guilty, I hope the sentence is the maximum allowed. And I hope it's a long, long time. She's a predator.

Involuntary Manslaughter for a first-time (I assume she is a first time offender) offender can only be so long. People who have committed felonies get "felony points" for each felony conviction, and sentences have to do with those points -- sentence lengths are based on the crime, the prior felony points, and if the judge, in his/her discretion, finds the offense aggravated, mitigated or in-between the two.

I hope he gives her as much as MA law allows.

They can't really harp on how sane, focused and ambitious she is... Kinda contradictory to their argument...

Double edged sword, if you don't at least touch on it how do you say she will be contributing member of society?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997