GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I didn't realize he passed exactly one year, to the day after CM from Glee. Is that why it HAD to be done that day? It just gets more deplorable. JMO MOO etc

In the suit, filed in Norfolk Superior Court on July 6, Lynn Roy claims that Roy's death has caused $4,224,000 in reasonably anticipated lost wages, citing the captain's license he obtained shortly before his suicide as evidence of his earning potential.

BBM

From Stele's link. Suit was filed on the 6th of July.

Good Morning all,
There is an article in todays Sun Chronicle about the civil suit being filed.MC was served with the lawsuit on July 21st. Unfortunately I am not able to link it.
And she will get to celebrate her 21st birthday in the comfort of her home this month. How nice.

In the local news, two items under the article about this, is an article about a man that got two years for killing a cat.

In the suit, filed in Norfolk Superior Court on July 6, Lynn Roy claims that Roy's death has caused $4,224,000 in reasonably anticipated lost wages, citing the captain's license he obtained shortly before his suicide as evidence of his earning potential.

BBM

From Stele's link. Suit was filed on the 6th of July.

Good Morning all,
There is an article in todays Sun Chronicle about the civil suit being filed.MC was served with the lawsuit on July 21st. Unfortunately I am not able to link it.
And she will get to celebrate her 21st birthday in the comfort of her home this month. How nice.

This all makes sense I think. The verdict was Jun 16, the Civil Suit filed July 6 and MC served July 21 ahead of the Aug 3 sentencing, all enabling the judge to include it in his only exception to the no contact instruction to MC.

JMO

Her parents are obviously well off enough to hire her a damn good lawyer, let's hope this lawsuit changes all that.

Her parents seem to be middle class working people. Who knows they might have had to re-mortgage their home for this. Or family is helping. Or they will be paying for this for the rest of their lives and in more ways than one.

I wish I knew how long it will take for her appeal to be denied. ( think positively!)...but I'm guessing, they will wait the entire thirty days, to file because... why not drag it out? I am ( sorta) hopeful it will be denied as the motion to dismiss the case originally was... since the argument for appeal is the same one that was used, ( and shot down), to request dismissal. :deadhorse:

I don't think she hates Conrad, because, for one, he's so insignificant why bother, for two, she knows... she knows he was a " means to an end" and it just didn't work out the way she planned.

The only reason she might have to hate him, that I can see, is the fact that when she asked him to make sure he deleted the text messages, he said he did, but he really didn't. Every other text message was deleted from his phone EXCEPT the string between them.

Let's say someone decided to murder a pain pill addicted alcoholic, if you dump a bunch of pail killers in their drink, and they die, who would be the wiser? A alcoholic addict, with a history of abusing drugs and booze, OD'd.... it would be tough to make a case for murder.

In the same vein, MC realized, at some point, it would be just as easy to murder a "suicidal depressed" person.

She though she had this in the bag, because Conrad was ill, and had made two prior attempts, (that he could not go through with!), She though she had this all planned out, and could even justify having a hand in it, if necessary, by saying he wanted to die, and she, being the loving, true friend that she was, helped him out, but he left the evidence on his phone. And she panicked once she realized that.

Hopefully it will eventually be :jail: for :groucho:

I was going to respectfully snip some of this email, but I couldn't find anywhere that I could delete -- it is too good.

Anyway, excellent email, and let's hope you're right about all of it.

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure of this has been posted or not, but tonight's 48 Hours episode is about this case.

Her parents are obviously well off enough to hire her a damn good lawyer, let's hope this lawsuit changes all that.

Let's hope something comes of that WD suit -- but a thought just occurred to me regarding her age -- what happens concerning her being a minor when the act occurred -- does it make a difference? Any parental liability?

[h=1]Psychiatrist Who Testified in Michelle Carter Trial in Trouble With State[/h]
A psychiatrist who testified on the behalf of a Massachusetts woman convicted of encouraging her boyfriend to kill himself has been ordered by the state to return all materials and swear under oath that he doesn't have copies after he wrote several blog posts about the case.
Dr. Peter Breggin testified on behalf of Michelle Carter's defense in June this year, arguing that medication may have impaired the now-20-year-old woman when she was 17.

--

The state argues Breggin's blog posts "establish that Breggin is doing this to further his own commercial interests," and that his conduct violates ethics established by the American Medical Association and American Psychiatric Association.

Much more at link:

Source: Psychiatrist Who Testified in Michelle Carter Trial in Trouble With State - NECN http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...achusetts-Motion-439709363.html#ixzz4pREZ39B7
Follow us: @necn on Twitter | NECN on Facebook

Hopefully that quack loses his license

Actually he should retire and call it quits.
So my question of the day is what comes next? Are we awaiting the appeal which is supposed to come within 30 days?

Her parents withdrew their request to go to no for her 21st bday. Wonder if the article above influenced that or it was her atty squelching it? I don't see that family changing plans for anyone.

Her parents withdrew their request to go to no for her 21st bday. Wonder if the article above influenced that or it was her atty squelching it? I don't see that family changing plans for anyone.

Do you mean a request to go to New Orleans for her birthday when you say "no"? Otherwise I'm confused because I don't know what they requested. :)

Psychiatrist Who Testified in Michelle Carter Trial in Trouble With State

A psychiatrist who testified on the behalf of a Massachusetts woman convicted of encouraging her boyfriend to kill himself has been ordered by the state to return all materials and swear under oath that he doesn't have copies after he wrote several blog posts about the case.
Dr. Peter Breggin testified on behalf of Michelle Carter's defense in June this year, arguing that medication may have impaired the now-20-year-old woman when she was 17.

--

The state argues Breggin's blog posts "establish that Breggin is doing this to further his own commercial interests," and that his conduct violates ethics established by the American Medical Association and American Psychiatric Association.

Much more at link:

Source: Psychiatrist Who Testified in Michelle Carter Trial in Trouble With State - NECN http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...achusetts-Motion-439709363.html#ixzz4pREZ39B7
Follow us: @necn on Twitter | NECN on Facebook

Can this case get any more skewed/screwed up?? You know what they say, "Lie down with dogs..." So glad he got caught. I wouldn't want a county judge, a prosecutor and the State of Massachusetts leaning on me. :D

Do you mean a request to go to New Orleans for her birthday when you say "no"? Otherwise I'm confused because I don't know what they requested. :)

I am confused also. I thought she could not leave the state?
Is this a celebration getting to go on a trip/vacation??????

The judge just needs to put her in jail why they await the appeal! That would make it simple! jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0