GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amanda Knox blah blah blah. She spent time in an Italian prison, horrible. Here in a US prison, yeah not so bad.

so she's not a sociopath cause they don't actually feel emotion (?)
she makes me curious, esp.having come across someone very much like her in my lifetime (mine tried to drown me in a pool)

Pathologicals tend to decompensate when the mask falls away and they are faced with the truth about what they are.

A good example of this can be see in the clip, right at the end of the prosecution's depiction of what MC really did, and why.

MC has a mini breakdown and it appears unavoidable for her, (unlike the workings of her face when she tries to mimic emotion, which just come off as bizzarly inappropriate). It's remarkable in that its actually it's the most emotionality she ever shows during the entire hearing.

Her attorney strategically places himself between her and the camera, when this happens, but not soon enough, in this one instance.

Its hardly surprising that she is unable to comprehend/ attend to the what must surly seem less distressing than having that mirror held up exposing her true self. (Or as you note, her anxiety over her fate).

I have held my tongue all day, but this has bothered me since watching the judge give his sentence. I thought her mother looked like she was waiting to bust out in joy at any moment. She did not seem appropriately dressed nor particularly affected by the enormous effect of her daughter's actions. It is no wonder the daughter seems self-righteous, she may have learned it from home. JMO

Not just her mother. Everybody on that side of the court room looked like they were ready to have a champagne party to celebrate. The defence attorney was constantly trying to wipe the smirk off his face. It was pretty disgusting. Definitely not the way I was expecting it to go down, after watching the judge deliver the verdict several months ago.

I was stuck in meetings most day yesterday. I can't even tell you friends the level of rage and disgust when I heard about the "sentence". Judgey judge might as well build punkin here a castle and fill it with pillows. I can't even.

it's just the latest trend right now to have 'brows on point' but really they look garish and fake because they're drawn in poorly or too heavily

Her natural brows are almost non existent they are very pale in colour, I believe they are dyed and terribly done at that...

But I regress ....

There is no Justice for Conrad Roy lll, my heart breaks for his family, I'm deeply saddened today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so she's not a sociopath cause they don't actually feel emotion (?)
she makes me curious, esp.having come across someone very much like her in my lifetime (mine tried to drown me in a pool)

I feel there's a spectrum really, some have more emotional depth than others, but the ability to empathize is what is absent. ( I liken their emotional capabilities to Mozart played on a child's piano, shallow and doesn't resonate within the soul).

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/10287312

"It is readily observed that psychopaths experience feelings such as anger, resentment, envy and jealousy. Narcissism — a core element of the sociopathic character type — can produce powerful feelings of self-righteousness and entitlement. When caught and in custody, many will feel distress — not every one of them is a cool customer.

Psychopaths certainly have the capacity to feel a range of emotions. The description of them as having reptilian (snake-like) brains is mostly a metaphor. When you consider how they are able to control, manipulate and dominate people, it is apparent that they are quite adept at understanding and sharing the feelings of others."

Just as with other genetic abnormality, (Downs syndrome, Autism ect... there are degrees of severity. Not all Psychopaths murder, but the vast majority of murderers are psychopathic for example).

Pathologicals tend to decompensate when the mask falls away and they are faced with the truth about what they are.

A good example of this can be see in the clip, right at the end of the prosecution's depiction of what MC really did, and why.

MC has a mini breakdown and it appears unavoidable for her, (unlike the workings of her face when she tries to mimic emotion, which just come off as bizzarly inappropriate). It's remarkable in that its actually it's the most emotionality she ever shows during the entire hearing.

Her attorney strategically places himself between her and the camera, when this happens, but not soon enough, in this one instance.

Its hardly surprising that she is unable to comprehend/ attend to the what must surly seem less distressing than having that mirror held up exposing her true self. (Or as you note, her anxiety over her fate).

Interesting analysis!!

Interesting analysis!!

I watched, several times, that segment, ( starting about 14:07 I think), because I found it such a fascinating example... Notice how there was virtually no such emotion from MC while the death of the love of her life, "her "Person", how wonderful he was, how much he was missed, was being spoken of... yet this did not illicit a single tear. ??

Only when the prosecution asked for "seven to twelve", did she begin to genuinely "feel" . Remarkable. Imo

I watched, several times, that segment, ( starting about 14:07 I think), because I found it such a fascinating example... Notice how there was virtually no such emotion from MC while the death of the love of her life, "her "Person", how wonderful he was, how much he was missed, was being spoken of... yet this did not illicit a single tear. ??

Only when the prosecution asked for "seven to twelve", did she begin to genuinely "feel" . Remarkable. Imo

Correct, it is all about her. As I stated yesterday I bet she hates Conrad now and blames him entirely for her situation. It is all his fault. And most likely her parents feel the same way.

I have a question. Does anyone know when the civil suit was filed and now what will happen with that time wise?

Correct, it is all about her. As I stated yesterday I bet she hates Conrad now and blames him entirely for her situation. It is all his fault. And most likely her parents feel the same way.

I have a question. Does anyone know when the civil suit was filed and now what will happen with that time wise?

I wish I knew how long it will take for her appeal to be denied. ( think positively!)...but I'm guessing, they will wait the entire thirty days, to file because... why not drag it out? I am ( sorta) hopeful it will be denied as the motion to dismiss the case originally was... since the argument for appeal is the same one that was used, ( and shot down), to request dismissal. :deadhorse:

I don't think she hates Conrad, because, for one, he's so insignificant why bother, for two, she knows... she knows he was a " means to an end" and it just didn't work out the way she planned.

The only reason she might have to hate him, that I can see, is the fact that when she asked him to make sure he deleted the text messages, he said he did, but he really didn't. Every other text message was deleted from his phone EXCEPT the string between them.

Let's say someone decided to murder a pain pill addicted alcoholic, if you dump a bunch of pail killers in their drink, and they die, who would be the wiser? A alcoholic addict, with a history of abusing drugs and booze, OD'd.... it would be tough to make a case for murder.

In the same vein, MC realized, at some point, it would be just as easy to murder a "suicidal depressed" person.

She though she had this in the bag, because Conrad was ill, and had made two prior attempts, (that he could not go through with!), She though she had this all planned out, and could even justify having a hand in it, if necessary, by saying he wanted to die, and she, being the loving, true friend that she was, helped him out, but he left the evidence on his phone. And she panicked once she realized that.

Hopefully it will eventually be :jail: for :groucho:

Amanda Knox blah blah blah. She spent time in an Italian prison, horrible. Here in a US prison, yeah not so bad.

I am aware of Amanda Knox, but did not pay much attention. I have not formed much of an opinion.

Looking at her, she shows complicity at the very least.

I feel there's a spectrum really, some have more emotional depth than others, but the ability to empathize is what is absent. ( I liken their emotional capabilities to Mozart played on a child's piano, shallow and doesn't resonate within the soul).

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/10287312

"It is readily observed that psychopaths experience feelings such as anger, resentment, envy and jealousy. Narcissism — a core element of the sociopathic character type — can produce powerful feelings of self-righteousness and entitlement. When caught and in custody, many will feel distress — not every one of them is a cool customer.

Psychopaths certainly have the capacity to feel a range of emotions. The description of them as having reptilian (snake-like) brains is mostly a metaphor. When you consider how they are able to control, manipulate and dominate people, it is apparent that they are quite adept at understanding and sharing the feelings of others."

Just as with other genetic abnormality, (Downs syndrome, Autism ect... there are degrees of severity. Not all Psychopaths murder, but the vast majority of murderers are psychopathic for example).

Safeguard I love your post and you always give a great analysis and observation of how you view and see things. I always enjoy your reading your post.

I believe the civil suit was filed before the sentencing and was mentioned by the Judge in reference to MC not having contact with the Roy family except with regard to that action.

I do not think the appeal or, for that matter, the verdict will impact the civil action. In a civil suit the plaintiff does not need to prove beyond reasonable doubt but only by a preponderance of the evidence. Also there is no guilty or innocent finding by the jury - only a decision for the defense or for the plaintiff.

In the case of OJ Simpson he was acquitted in the deaths of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. But the Goldman family won their wrongful death lawsuit.

IMO the timeline of the civil suit is not dependent on the appeals process, though a denial of the appeal and the guilty plea makes a stronger case. But IMO the preponderance of the evidence is fully contained in the text messages.

"Carters' negligence and reckless conduct caused Roy to sustain "severe personal injuries, great conscious pain and suffering of body and mind and ultimately death," the suit alleges."
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/08/mother_of_conrad_roy_files_42.html

Unless the texts are quashed in the civil suit I think it's a slam - dunk.

JMO

I am aware of Amanda Knox, but did not pay much attention. I have not formed much of an opinion.

Looking at her, she shows complicity at the very least.

I followed her story off and on and watched her interview with Diane Sawyer; I watched one and two, I think there are five parts. I was impressed with how she carried herself. She spoke very well. I disagree with her completely about Michelle Carter.

Megan Meier's mother says sentencing in Massachusetts suicide-text case not enough
http://fox2now.com/2017/08/03/megan...n-massachusetts-suicide-text-case-not-enough/

ST. CHARLES, Mo. - Text messages that convinced her boyfriend to commit suicide landed a 20-year-old Massachusetts woman in jail.

Michelle Carter could've received 20 years for involuntary manslaughter in the 2014 death of her boyfriend. Instead, she received 15 months. Prosecutors said she sent 18-year-old Conrad Roy III numerous text messages, urging him to commit suicide.

Tina Meier said that sentencing is not enough.

Agreed on that.

Imo She didn't make a "mistake" or a "screw up". When I read comments like that, I can't help but wonder if the totality of the plot was not read by the poster. Because "plot" it WAS! And she planned it out to a T... Copied from the script of a Glee episode wherein her favorite actress's boyfriend kills himself... Michelle even quoted that actress word, for word, after Conrad s death. Her efforts to kill him off, intensified at the point in time, they did, to make sure he died on the same date as the Glee character's suicide, (and she succeeded in doing that!).

She" rehearsed" telling friends Conrad was "missing" before he actually was, and then coldly allowed his body to sit there in that truck, knowing his family was frantically searching for him. Called his mom and sisters, feigning concern that he was not returning her calls, and even texting Conrad's cell phone saying how "scared" she was that he might have really done something to himself...

This was no "mistake", no misguided but sincere attempt to "help" a friend. This was exactly what it looks like, a murder plot.

When Pam Smart "talked" those two teenage boys into killing her husband Greg, was that a "mistake" ? (15 yr old Billy Flynn served 25 years for following his "Teacher's" "instruction" !).

Pam Smart was convicted of being an accomplice to first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder. She received a life sentence.

Conrad Roy is dead because of MC. There is no way to side-step that reality. She should have been charged, convicted and served time.

Such a great post.

We can only hope she finds a friend who is just like her...

It's chilling. Really scary. I liked your analysis because it was
more than surface level.

I watched the parents closely to see their reaction when Conrad's family were reading their statments. I agree with you. I think the civil suit was filed yesterday. They should have 30 days to file an answer.

I hope they get a judgment against her and deprive her of the ability to
make a lot of money. She deprived Conrad of that ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required