MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree wholeheartedly with you. She had intention. There was no excuses, she wasn't unbalanced or mentally unstable. She is a pure psychopath. Her need to use the suicide for attention for herself speaks volumes.

Evil is very real. Don't be fooled by the exteriors of some people.

Well we do know her defense will try it all and it seems this is the only straw they can grasp because of her incriminating text that Judge Moniz is allowing which of course they should be. Yes, evil does exist in all shapes and sizes.
If it wasn't for her I do feel that Conrad would be here getting what help he needed and would have went on to be a successfu young man.
His downfall and ultimate end came when he met her. This case has just really bothered me.

This case has really bothered me as well. I agree with everything you said, The Farm.

The fact that he trusted her and believed what she said is so heartbreaking. From the texts it appears he thought she was
on his side and truly cared about him. That is what makes what she did - evil.

I am praying that a legal precedent is set in this case. He would absolutely be alive if not for her.

There is a websleuther who has a signature "Monsters are real. They look like people" and this absolutely applies
in this case.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. She had intention. There was no excuses, she wasn't unbalanced or mentally unstable. She is a pure psychopath. Her need to use the suicide for attention for herself speaks volumes.

Evil is very real. Don't be fooled by the exteriors of some people.

Thank you for this. You have summed this up perfectly.

Yes and it really gets me so mad when they jump on this anti-depression number.
I believe I remember reading that she was an honor student and quite active in school etc. Not that it rules out depression but I do not feel it is the case here. She seems to be a spoiled brat that has always got her way.

Well we do know her defense will try it all and it seems this is the only straw they can grasp because of her incriminating text that Judge Moniz is allowing which of course they should be. Yes, evil does exist in all shapes and sizes.
If it wasn't for her I do feel that Conrad would be here getting what help he needed and would have went on to be a successfu young man.
His downfall and ultimate end came when he met her. This case has just really bothered me.

I'll be surprised if they don't go the affluenza defense with her

Just read that the trial will start March 6. Sorry but I am unable to link the story.

Your welcome and thank you for the link. This will be very interesting to see how it is going to fly. Judge Moniz sounds like he is on it!

Your welcome and thank you for the link. This will be very interesting to see how it is going to fly. Judge Moniz sounds like he is on it!

Yes this judge has been tough on her. I'm really looking forward to watching this trial. It's ground breaking.

Pretrial Hearing for Woman Charged in Texting Suicide Case

"Michelle Carter is due in Taunton Juvenile Court Monday for a pretrial hearing. The 20-year-old Plainville woman is scheduled to go on trial in March in the 2014 death of Conrad Roy III. "
http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...harged-in-Texting-Suicide-Case-411497225.html

Prosecution in Plainville woman’s case wants to know if expert will testify

"Prosecutors want a judge to order lawyers for a local woman accused of encouraging her boyfriend to commit suicide to disclose whether they will call an expert witness at trial to testify about her mental condition or criminal responsibility."

"Carter’s lawyer, Joseph Cataldo of Franklin, said in court Monday that he intended to seek a delay in the trial, currently scheduled for March 6.

The trial might also be delayed if Cataldo intends to call an expert about Carter’s mental condition because the prosecution’s expert will need time to examine her and file a report."

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...cle_c42863de-e409-11e6-85d5-1f1ca4e643df.html

Attorney: Texts didn’t spur suicide

"Attorneys for Michelle Carter, the woman accused of sending texts encouraging her high school boyfriend to kill himself, say new bombshell evidence suggests Conrad Roy III didn’t immediately commit suicide at her command.

Joseph Cataldo, an attorney for the Plainville woman, argued yesterday that Roy did not get back into his carbon monoxide-filled truck in a Fairhaven Kmart parking lot after Carter told him to. Cataldo said Carter’s directive to Roy happened around 7:30 p.m. on July 12, 2014 — but new documents show police did not see his truck in the Kmart lot during a routine patrol around 3 a.m. July 13."

"Prosecutors say cops weren’t looking for the truck at 3 a.m. and wouldn’t have noticed it. But Cataldo told reporters outside of court, “It shows that he was most likely still alive and not in that parking lot. He either drove around for a significant period of time, for many hours, or someone else drove him around. We know Michelle wasn’t there.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2017/01/attorney_texts_didn_t_spur_suicide

Pretrial Hearing for Woman Charged in Texting Suicide Case

"Michelle Carter is due in Taunton Juvenile Court Monday for a pretrial hearing. The 20-year-old Plainville woman is scheduled to go on trial in March in the 2014 death of Conrad Roy III. "
http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...harged-in-Texting-Suicide-Case-411497225.html

Prosecution in Plainville woman’s case wants to know if expert will testify

"Prosecutors want a judge to order lawyers for a local woman accused of encouraging her boyfriend to commit suicide to disclose whether they will call an expert witness at trial to testify about her mental condition or criminal responsibility."

"Carter’s lawyer, Joseph Cataldo of Franklin, said in court Monday that he intended to seek a delay in the trial, currently scheduled for March 6.

The trial might also be delayed if Cataldo intends to call an expert about Carter’s mental condition because the prosecution’s expert will need time to examine her and file a report."

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...cle_c42863de-e409-11e6-85d5-1f1ca4e643df.html

Are they trying her as a juvenile. If not. Then why is the pretial hearring in Juvenile court.

Are they trying her as a juvenile. If not. Then why is the pretial hearring in Juvenile court.

I'm confused about that too because it was determined in July after motions were denied that she would be tried as a youthful offender in adult court.
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/news...t-youths-suicide-will-be-tried-in-adult-court

ETA: AH! I got it;

"Carter is being tried in juvenile court because she was 17 at the time of Roy’s death. However, she is being prosecuted under the state’s youthful offender law and faces a maximum of 20 years in prison, if convicted."
http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...cle_75814fe6-a6c1-11e6-af40-3bb0819e778b.html

I just read on the Sun Chronicle that the trial has been changed to June 5th.
Sorry but I can not link it. I also thought she was being tried as an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710