MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Farm, thank you. [emoji172]

I'm surprised the defense didn't hire fake lying not a violette from convict loserjodi arias fame and accuse deceased Conrad of abusing her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol but wait it has just begun. Who knows wha they will drag in and that might come up.
She is guilty in aiding in the death of. Conrad in my eyes alone.
This should be an interesting trial.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gist-says-teens-don-t-understand-actions.html

Above link....a new psychologist the defense wants to testify in Carters upcoming trial. Dr. DiCatalado, said 'teenagers are not as capable of understanding their actions compared to adults".

The defense wants the doctor to speak about the "adolescent versus adult mind".
" DiCataldo said he'd provide an understanding of the adolescent mind that's more than what a layperson knows, the report said.
He was quoted as saying: 'Generally speaking, an adolescent would be less capable than an adult of understanding or appreciating all of the potential ramifications of their actions.
'They would have an underdeveloped ability to appreciate the consequences and understand what the risks are.'
The judge did not immediately rule on if DiCataldo can testify, the Herald (news) reported."

NOTE....the doctors name is Frank DiCatalado (see picture) and her attorney's name is Joseph Catalado. I will assume the names are correct but awful close.

Last month Dr. Breggin was brought on to testify that Carter was not responsible for her friends death because of "anti depression medication she was taking which would alter her brain." The Judge was to rule allowing or not allowing Breggin to testify.

Judge now has 2 rulings to make on these doctors testifying or not. No time was set as to when he would give an answer.

Defense is trying to get anything to stick to get Carter off the charge of murder.

There is more information in the article.

Thanks for posting this MsJosie. I saw the article this morning in the sunchronicle but am not able to link.
Looks like they will be pulling out all the stops with this little vixen.

Don't people get years for assisted suicide? Especially if the person isn't terminally ill on their deathbed ?

So what's the hold up.

She clearly participated in a murder of oneself.

Open and shut.

Jmo.

Don't people get years for assisted suicide? Especially if the person isn't terminally ill on their deathbed ?

So what's the hold up.

She clearly participated in a murder of oneself.

Open and shut.

Jmo.

IIRC Massachusetts doesn't have a law against assisted suicide .

IIRC Massachusetts doesn't have a law against assisted suicide .

Actually, it is still a "common law crime" to assist in suicide in MA, although it is being considered again in the legislature. A bill that was before the legislature failed to pass by the June 30, 2016 deadline.

http://www.patientsrightscouncil.org/site/massachusetts/

Only five states allow it...Oregon, Washington, Colorado, California, Vermont plus Washington D.C. In Montana a court ruled that nothing in state law prevents a physician from assisting with suicide, but there is no law allowing it as there is in the other states and D.C.

Even if assisted suicide were legal in MA, the conditions are very strict and Conrad wouldn't be covered. So, either way Carter would be in legal trouble.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/massachusetts-law/massachusetts-euthanasia-laws.html

https://www.deathwithdignity.org/learn/death-with-dignity-acts/

Actually, it is still a "common law crime" to assist in suicide in MA, although it is being considered again in the legislature. A bill that was before the legislature failed to pass by the June 30, 2016 deadline.

http://www.patientsrightscouncil.org/site/massachusetts/

Only five states allow it...Oregon, Washington, Colorado, California, Vermont plus Washington D.C. In Montana a court ruled that nothing in state law prevents a physician from assisting with suicide, but there is no law allowing it as there is in the other states and D.C.

Even if assisted suicide were legal in MA, the conditions are very strict and Conrad wouldn't be covered. So, either way Carter would be in legal trouble.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/massachusetts-law/massachusetts-euthanasia-laws.html

https://www.deathwithdignity.org/learn/death-with-dignity-acts/

I have a very good friend that lives in Colorado. She said yes Colorado passed it BUT it is very very hard to find a doctor ( I think two doctors are required ) to prescribe the drugs needed. You pick them up at a pharmacy and adminster when you are ready.
It has happened since becoming legal but difficult.
Little Miss Michelle does not fit any of the criteria to assist in anothers suicide.

I have a very good friend that lives in Colorado. She said yes Colorado passed it BUT it is very very hard to find a doctor ( I think two doctors are required ) to prescribe the drugs needed. You pick them up at a pharmacy and adminster when you are ready.
It has happened since becoming legal but difficult.
Little Miss Michelle does not fit any of the criteria to assist in anothers suicide.

The Colorado act is so recent (2016) that what you say about doctors doesn't surprise me. Assisted suicide has been legal here in Oregon since 1994/97 so I suspect there are more doctors on board here. But no health care provider or system is required to participate.

When you look at the very strict process the states require to obtain a lethal prescription (patterned after the Oregon statute) it's clear that "assisting suicide" is not a defense Carter could use, even if it were legal in MA. So Dexter is right,

http://euthanasia.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000132

But this article from 4/7/2016 makes some interesting points about the case and the laws not being so clearcut.

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2016/04/07/is-encouraging-someone-to-kill-themselves-a-crime

She might just get a slap on the wrist when all is said and done because of just that which has been in the back of my mind.

I sure hope not. She is the definition of evil.

Hi all and a massive thank you. Just have finished reading this link and am overwhelmed by all of your kindness and determination on seeing Conrad and his parents get justice. You have shared some very personal experiences and I hope one day I will be able to too. My heart goes out to that poor boy and his family and I personally want justice. The girl needs to learn how to have a conscience.

Hi all and a massive thank you. Just have finished reading this link and am overwhelmed by all of your kindness and determination on seeing Conrad and his parents get justice. You have shared some very personal experiences and I hope one day I will be able to too. My heart goes out to that poor boy and his family and I personally want justice. The girl needs to learn how to have a conscience.

:seeya: Welcome to the thread, alfiebaby. Excellent post and thanks for your kind words.

Katelyn Davies on line suicide. Aged 12. Dear girl was crying out for help.

New article in sunchronicle yesterday which I am unable to link, sorry!
Looks like Dr. Peter Breggin will be allowed to testify but Frank DiCataldo will not.
May 10 will be pre-trial motions and medical records.
If someone could link this I would appreciate it. Thank You.

New article in sunchronicle yesterday which I am unable to link, sorry!
Looks like Dr. Peter Breggin will be allowed to testify but Frank DiCataldo will not.
May 10 will be pre-trial motions and medical records.
If someone could link this I would appreciate it. Thank You.

One expert in, another out for Plainviille woman's manslaughter trial

Defense of Massachusetts teen who 'encouraged boyfriend to kill himself in string of texts' call expert who claims teens don't understand the implications of their actions

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...medium=social&utm_campaign=social_kurt_hanson

This local stories show that teens just... He is charged with murder - just like Conrad's murderer is. They didn't have a true friend that talks sense in to them and shows them true love and concern. This has shook up my son's school!
Saddened my heart to read what happened to the girl. Heartwrenching for her family.

He deserves prison for murder in my opinion.

Did they have good counselling available to all of the students at the school?

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...medium=social&utm_campaign=social_kurt_hanson

This local stories show that teens just... He is charged with murder - just like Conrad's murderer is. They didn't have a true friend that talks sense in to them and shows them true love and concern. This has shook up my son's school!

How terrible. I would consider this murder and can only hope that these kids all get the counseling that they will need for this horrific act. I just do not get what these kids could possibly be thinking to do this to friends???

Saddened my heart to read what happened to the girl. Heartwrenching for her family.

He deserves prison for murder in my opinion.

Did they have good counselling available to all of the students at the school?

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

They have not yet offered counseling. They have only stated that they do not want the kids to talk to media. It has shook our whole community to the core. He stated that he was "thinking about committing suicide himself, and he wanted to see a person die."

I feel that our young children today are being bombarded by so much information that they are not equipped to handle (such as by shows like Netflix "13 Reason's Why"). Since they are not prepared to really handle or process information like this without a counselor, I think it somewhat glorifies the situation. IMHO, I think there are shows that glorify other teen issues as well.

They have not yet offered counseling. They have only stated that they do not want the kids to talk to media. It has shook our whole community to the core. He stated that he was "thinking about committing suicide himself, and he wanted to see a person die."

I feel that our young children today are being bombarded by so much information that they are not equipped to handle (such as by shows like Netflix "13 Reason's Why"). Since they are not prepared to really handle or process information like this without a counselor, I think it somewhat glorifies the situation. IMHO, I think there are shows that glorify other teen issues as well.

I agree, overload of all things bad. So many young teens killing themselves and others. Total disregard for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro