MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle needs to get the maximum sentence, especially to show others this is not acceptable. After reading through all of the texts I just feel so sick. She's almost more sick and calculating than a serial killer. The number of times she asked if he was "doing it now" ... I have been haunted by this case and I'm so disturbed to see here that other kids are doing similar things. It's a new level of sick.

Michelle needs to get the maximum sentence, especially to show others this is not acceptable. After reading through all of the texts I just feel so sick. She's almost more sick and calculating than a serial killer. The number of times she asked if he was "doing it now" ... I have been haunted by this case and I'm so disturbed to see here that other kids are doing similar things. It's a new level of sick.

Good luck with that. I think her chances of getting off scot-free are very good. She has enough money to do it. I agree though that she is very sick. I just hope she gets some prison time, and then she gets the mental help that she obviously badly needs. But I'm not so sure that even that will happen.

Good luck with that. I think her chances of getting off scot-free are very good. She has enough money to do it. I agree though that she is very sick. I just hope she gets some prison time, and then she gets the mental help that she obviously badly needs. But I'm not so sure that even that will happen.

Another Casey Anthony.....gets off Scott free....

Jury selection starts Monday June 5th. Article in SunChronicle today says that the trial will be broadcast on HBO?? Figures I do not pay fpor that channel.

Michelle Carter trial: Mother and sister of suicide victim Conrad Roy expected to testify

"Jury selection of Carter's trial is scheduled to start on June 5 in Taunton Trial Court. A witness list released Thursday shows who the Bristol County District Attorney's Office and Carter's defense team may rely on to make their cases.

Roy's mother Lynn and sister Camdyn, along with relatives Jonathan and Kristin Roy, are likely witnesses for the commonwealth. Carter's parents David and Gail are also potential witnesses for the defense."

"The trial, which will be held in a third-story courtroom at the Taunton Trial Court, is expected to take a total of about three weeks, according to court filings.

Jury selection could take about a week and the trial itself could run for an estimated two weeks. Jurors are expected to hear from relatives of both Carter and Roy, police officers, mental health professionals and the defense's expert witnesses on adolescent psychology and the side effects of antidepressants."
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/michelle_carter_manslaughter_t.html

"The trial, which will be held in a third-story courtroom at the Taunton Trial Court, is expected to take a total of about three weeks, according to court filings.

Jury selection could take about a week and the trial itself could run for an estimated two weeks. Jurors are expected to hear from relatives of both Carter and Roy, police officers, mental health professionals and the defense's expert witnesses on adolescent psychology and the side effects of antidepressants."
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/michelle_carter_manslaughter_t.html

What I'd give to be in this jury....

I just heard on WHDH TV that she has waived her right to a jury trial.

Nothing in print yet

ETA: http://www.fox25boston.com/news/jury-selection-to-begin-in-michelle-carter-trial/529788844

"TAUNTON, Mass. - Michelle Carter, the woman accused of encouraging her boyfriend to kill himself via text messages has waived her right to a jury trial just as jury selection was set to begin Monday morning.

This is a high-profile case in a public sense, but to the legal world, it is a potentially groundbreaking one. There is no law in Massachusetts that says verbal encouragement of suicide is a crime, but a jury could, in effect, make one."

Well this is interesting, I just read this on FB. Will we able to watch this trial.

I'm dumbfounded that she waived.
I really hope this is going to be streamed

I think she had a better chance with a hung jury than a judge. JMO. I'm glad honestly. If the state can pull this off it will change things forever and it is necessary. I wish she could get more than manslaughter and I hope her life is ruined from this. Evil little twit.

Interesting. I will assume her DT advised her to?
I feel so bad for his family.
Now if there is no jury trial how will this play out and how long??

Interesting. I will assume her DT advised her to?
I feel so bad for his family.
Now if there is no jury trial how will this play out and how long??

No real surprise. What jury would be sympathetic to her?

They are going to try an argue to the judge that, yes she is a despicable human being, but she didn't violate the law. Judges are trained to decide things based on the law, not emotions. It's the same reason a lot of killer cops, ask for a trial by judge, rather than a jury.

Just tuned in to this trial. Good decision to waive jury trial.

Prosecutor is talking so fast it's annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No real surprise. What jury would be sympathetic to her?

They are going to try an argue to the judge that, yes she is a despicable human being, but she didn't violate the law. Judges are trained to decide things based on the law, not emotions. It's the same reason a lot of killer cops, ask for a trial by judge, rather than a jury.

I'm thinking one like the Casey Anthony jury. I don't know though, you can never tell with a jury :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme