MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unable to link, on iPad....however defense is using "intoxicated" on depressants said defense expert Dr. Peter Breggan....per Trial Diaries.....will try and post link later.

Trial in June.

Thank you for these updates.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

This is another heartbreaking case I have been following

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Unable to link, on iPad....however defense is using "intoxicated" on depressants said defense expert Dr. Peter Breggan....per Trial Diaries.....will try and post link later.

Trial in June.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-says-Michelle-Carter-intoxicated-meds.html

"controversial psychiatrist" said that the prescribed antidepressants "intoxicated'' her and caused her to send texts her boyfriend to commit suicide. Dr. Breggin said MC was not at fault for the actions of her boyfriend.

Dr. Peter Breggin went to Taunton Juvenile Court on Tuesday. The Judge will decide if this "expert'' will be allowed to testify.

The Judge has not ruled if the doctor can testify. This doctor has been banned from testifying in other cases. He has been hired by Carter's defense team.

Thanks for this update and I knew the trial was moved to June. Does anyone know why this dr. Peter breggin has been banned from testifying in other cases?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-says-Michelle-Carter-intoxicated-meds.html

"controversial psychiatrist" said that the prescribed antidepressants "intoxicated'' her and caused her to send texts her boyfriend to commit suicide. Dr. Breggin said MC was not at fault for the actions of her boyfriend.

Dr. Peter Breggin went to Taunton Juvenile Court on Tuesday. The Judge will decide if this "expert'' will be allowed to testify.

The Judge has not ruled if the doctor can testify. This doctor has been banned from testifying in other cases. He has been hired by Carter's defense team.

Thank you. I kept seeing reports on TV but none of those stations had it in print.

Sad we had to get it from DM. Oy

:cow:

I am sorry, but it really irritates and frustrates me when quack doctors try and sometime are able to get defendants free from charges based upon things like this!!! This to me is a huge problem with society in general. Noone wants to take responsibility for their actions. It is always someone (or something) else that "caused" them to behave badly. What happened to people realizing the easy equation : actions = consequences !!! No excuses! No blame! It is as simple as that!

Ha, Ha, Ha, Haaaaaaa! Really? In my experience with antidepressants (cannot take em/am BiPolar) I just want to kill myself, not anyone else, just me.

That being said, after every suicide attempt (three being grave) I always took responsibility for my actions and finally flushed all psych meds in 2004, after I figured out the meds were no good for me after being on 9 for about 2 years and being misdiagnosed for 10 years.

The problem with that, the damage was already done and will never be able to get back what I lost. :cry:
MHO

She knows what she did, it was planned and calculating. :devil:
Snake Oil, get your fresh never frozen Snake Oil!

There is no such thing as SSRI intoxication. Celexa is not a narcotic and can't be abused. It's a lame defense, imo, and extreme grasping at straws. But hey, if this defense attorney thinks he can convince a jury that she was high or intoxicated from a non narcotic prescription drug by all means let him. I don't think any jury will be that stupid. If she was smart she'd take a plea deal of some kind.

Additionally, anyone with knowledge of the pharmaceutical studies on SSRI's will know it is very very rare for the meds to cause someone to be suicidal. The warning is given because suicide sometimes occurs in depressed people before the meds have time to take effect.

That Conrad was only on the mess about a month makes sense, they take app 6 weeks to be fully effective. Michelle on the other hand was likely taking them longer and it was clear the meds were effective, not intoxicating, for her depression.

I hope the prosecution is smart enough to get access to these pharmaceutical studies so they can present clear and non confusing information into exactly what that warning means.

That Conrad had recently started taking meds is proof he was trying to help himself and Michelle hindered that process by her actions.

Honestly idk how her parents can look at her after reading those texts she sent.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Haaaaaaa! Really? In my experience with antidepressants (cannot take em/am BiPolar) I just want to kill myself, not anyone else, just me.

That being said, after every suicide attempt (three being grave) I always took responsibility for my actions and finally flushed all psych meds in 2004, after I figured out the meds were no good for me after being on 9 for about 2 years and being misdiagnosed for 10 years.

The problem with that, the damage was already done and will never be able to get back what I lost. :cry:
MHO

She knows what she did, it was planned and calculating. :devil:
Snake Oil, get your fresh never frozen Snake Oil!

So sorry for your past troubles U2.
And I have said the same thing, she knows what she did. Completely.
But if course her defense will swing from jungle ropes if they have to.
Oh wait the swinging has started.

I hate this girl for what she did to that young boy. So sad, :( I still cannot believe a young girl could be so damn cruel. God have mercy, cause I sure don't

So sorry for your past troubles U2.
And I have said the same thing, she knows what she did. Completely.
But if course her defense will swing from jungle ropes if they have to.
Oh wait the swinging has started.

The Farm, thank you. [emoji172]

I'm surprised the defense didn't hire fake lying not a violette from convict loserjodi arias fame and accuse deceased Conrad of abusing her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if that's the case, I take it I can just blame my BPD for every stupid decision I have ever made. Including my first marriage.

This defense is ludicrous. Won't fly. Unless the jury is a repeat of the Pinelas 12.

Honestly idk how her parents can look at her after reading those texts she sent.

Seriously. I don't think there is much my child could do that would shake my love for them. This is one scenario that I think it would. Maybe not my love per say, but the overwhelming disappointment and disgust would make me question myself as a parent and would probably see me sitting on the other side of the courtroom asking for her to be found guilty.

Seriously. I don't think there is much my child could do that would shake my love for them. This is one scenario that I think it would. Maybe not my love per say, but the overwhelming disappointment and disgust would make me question myself as a parent and would probably see me sitting on the other side of the courtroom asking for her to be found guilty.

Agreed. I think I could support a lot...crime of passion etc but this is an evil that is something I'd be so frightened of its on par with serial killer to me as a parent jmo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This girl has the Casey Anthony syndrome.

Have intent while acting out and then play dumb while blaming others and then search for escape and sympathy.

Lol.

Btw. Didn't she try to work or want to do work on a suicide hotline?

Wth. No thank you.

I hope she never becomes a counselor or psychologist nor psychiatrist as well. Lol

I hate this girl for what she did to that young boy. So sad, :( I still cannot believe a young girl could be so damn cruel. God have mercy, cause I sure don't

And what is really scary to me is this is like common behavior now to be so cruel, uncaring no morals or values whatsoever. They are just killing each other as if it is normal. You said it.God have Mercy cause I sure don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro