MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks sad.

170606-michelle-carter-text-message-suicide-se-1241p_86eec3cbfd62dde7598224d997f0bf7a.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

And not like her old bubbly self.

Good job.

She looks sad.

170606-michelle-carter-text-message-suicide-se-1241p_86eec3cbfd62dde7598224d997f0bf7a.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

Good job.

Yes she is thinking no new cute hairdo's and nice clothes. No going to a college campus but taking courses in prison for free yet. She is thinking of her, not Conrad.

I feel that she was very aware of what she was doing and did.
Why we will never know. I personally do not think there is anything wrong with her, kids just seem to be killing each other every day for any reason. Bull with the anti-depressant theory.
When I saw her court pictures yes she was crying and not making those cocky faces like in the beginning. Crying because she has been told that she could go to jail for 20 years. Only reason.
I was reading some of the text today and they broke my heart. I have a very hard time reading them as I want to choke her and in my mind I can see Conrad crying and struggling with a decision.
He needed help, not some little bimbo telling him to do it. She is way old enough to know that she was telling him to kill himself.
But thankfully she was found out and now we all shall see what happens.
I agree Renee, she is scary.

I don't see any grief or remorse... <modsnip> in my opinion. Like JA. And she is unsympathetic and seems to be happy that he is dead.

She looks sad.

Good job.

I personally think she looks scared to death. I think she is worried how the judge will see right through her. jmo

If anything the sadness if for herself. imo

The prosecutor referred to a message sent by Michelle Carter to Conrad's sister. In it, Michelle Carter asked if she could have some of Conrad's ashes.

Conrad's sister testified that she read this.

bbm
What a cruel thing to ask. A lot of gall on her part. Psychopath pure and simple.
That is just maddening and so cruel. Is she keeping a scrapbook? Wants some of his ashes -- as some king of memento mori of her accomplishment? (never, never, never)

The very idea.

I can't imagine how I would react if some almost random girl asked for some of my child's ashes and intruded on my grief. Unbelievable. I hope she is convicted of something...anything. And if not, I hope MA fixes the legal loophole immediately or perhaps a lawsuit by Conrad's parents would tie up her earnings for life.

I want to make sure we get the opening statements as well. Thanks Lady Justice!. I think these are important. This is tragic very tragic. It's poor quality. There are 4 parts to this. I think hearing all parts is VERY IMPORTANT before speaking out about one's opinion.
https://youtu.be/W7ysX20dwLs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I listened to parts 2 and 3 first, that were posted here. I did not realise they're all out of order and missing parts here. Then went on YouTube found ladyjustice's account and watched part 4 and suddenly realised I had to watch opening statements. My mind was intrigued during opening statements. What she did was absolutely horrific. I am not sure I could find this girl guilty. I wanted her slaughtered until I heard opening statements. But, I don't have all of the evidence either. This is so sad. Yall don't tar and feather me for my opinion!! I'd want her sitting right where she is if it were my son. But, after hearing her defense attorney it changed my initial conviction of her guilt. Interested to see what else they'll present.

I listened to parts 2 and 3 first, that were posted here. I did not realise they're all out of order and missing parts here. Then went on YouTube found ladyjustice's account and watched part 4 and suddenly realised I had to watch opening statements. My mind was intrigued during opening statements. What she did was absolutely horrific. I am not sure I could find this girl guilty. I wanted her slaughtered until I heard opening statements. But, I don't have all of the evidence either. This is so sad. Yall don't tar and feather me for my opinion!! I'd want her sitting right where she is if it were my son. But, after hearing her defense attorney it changed my initial conviction of her guilt. Interested to see what else they'll present.

I, personally, hated her more after listening to the opening statement. Admittedly, I could not listen to more then a few minutes because it made me so angry. Yeah he was sucicidle; if anything that makes her more guilty! She knew he would do it if she pushed him, and she did not get him help when he did try. Maybe, legally, the defense is right. But she makes me sick and I have little to no sympathy for her. Just my two cents

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I will admit I haven't listened to all of the opening statements the station I was listening to yesterday kept cutting out. Anyway defense attorneys have ways to tangle the facts of the case up to make it seem like their client is innocent. It is all a word game to them. jmo imo moo

Also not trying to change your mind, just how I view defense attorneys. I have watched a few trials.

I only watched the opening statements. Michelle's behavior is cruel and abusive, but I don't know that Massachusetts has an offense that really fits her actions. Wouldn't be surprised if she's acquitted. Wouldn't be too surprised if she's convicted either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dear minor4th,

I am so glad you are on this thread.

Because of the increase of young suicides, I have a great hope that a legal precedent will come out of this.

I will admit I haven't listened to all of the opening statements the station I was listening to yesterday kept cutting out. Anyway defense attorneys have ways to tangle the facts of the case up to make it seem like their client is innocent. It is all a word game to them. jmo imo moo

Also not trying to change your mind, just how I view defense attorneys. I have watched a few trials.

Good morning Jewels53,

I understand completely what you are saying. Each side is determined to win this case. To get at the truth is an incredible feat and sometimes it cannot be accomplished, because of all of the variables in each unique case.

Defense attorneys are trained and work vigorously with a focused goal of the acquittal of their clients, as we know.

I admit, there are some defense attorneys that I wish were not as good as they are - especially when certain clients are acquitted when the public (including me at times) wishes that the clients could have been convicted.

On the other hand, it is because of their knowledge and determination that they have won cases.

I know that everyone is aware of all of this. Defense and Prosecution equally believe in "due process".

In my view, the Defense and Prosecution seem to be evenly matched in this case.

I have made my view known that I am hoping for a legal precedent to come out of this Bench trial because of the increase of young suicides.

This is why I am following this case closely, as many others are.

From what I watched in the trial yesterday, the Prosecution made some very strong points, one being that the writings in the notebook do not appear to be dated. The Judge gave the Defense until today to determine this.

Another strong point the Prosecution made was during the testimony of Conrad's best friend, Thomas Gammell.

Through messages, the Prosection showed that while Michelle Carter sent messages of concern about Conrad's mental health in the year earlier to the best friend, she failed to send messages to the best friend during the crucial months and days of suicide plans of which she was aware.

The Prosecution demonstrated that Michelle Carter was well aware that Conrad's best friend would immediately rush to Conrad's assistance to prevent the suicide yet did not inform him of this. Neither did she inform the best friend of concern about Conrad's mental health during the months and days when she was not only well informed of Conrad's mental health but knew that the best friend was a great support and would indeed help.

My question to our verified attorney on this thread is this: could this be considered as "intent"?
Thank you in advance.

It's so amazing to have a prosecution based virtually 100% on the evil twits own words in black and white.

It's so sickening to watch this....I feel about her like I do CA. Pure and utter detest.

Shes a murderer. Just as if she had pushed him off a cliff. He was on the edge of an emotional "Cliff" and she shoved him off. She put all her weight behind that shove too...She worked, harassed and battled against any and every attempt he made to change his mind.

He wasn't any easy kill... which tells us that he stood a very good chance of recovering if he wasn't continually being poisoned.

I would have no problem at all finding her guilty.

The "trial run " the day before is disgusting and maddening

His was a cry for help. She even as much as said so. " All I had to do..."

Knowing that the judge will not be influenced by emotions I hope he will see that there is room in the law for coercion. She didn't just agree with him. She didn't just empathize or encourage him. She didn't make a pact with him.
She instructed, coerced and badgered him, all the while texting her friends and looking for sympathy before the fact.
Then he got out of the truck.! OMG I'll look like a fool, Get Back In!. He made a promise and she held him to it.

Free speech comes with responsibility IMO.

Given the facts there is a very strong likelihood that the Judge will consider the "totality" of her text messages and the coercion over another vulnerable human she took advantage of for her own interest.

JMO

I think the brown haired lady for the prosecution is the defense attorney's sister? He mentioned that yesterday while questioning Conrad's bf. That was neat to me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member