Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Jaimee's phone btoken when it was found? I can't remember where I read that... something about it being broken in a way that either prevented or was intended to prevent access to anything LE could have to to find on the phone?

Yes, I recall her family being quoted in print, somewhere, I'll look for it, that it was broken and no information could be retrieved from it.

Yes, I recall her family being quoted in print, somewhere, I'll look for it, that it was broken and no information could be retrieved from it.

Okay thanks... I had forgotten about that until now. I wonder if it was tampered with because he (whoever "he" was, since no one seems to know for sure yet) found out Jaimee had called her friends complaining about him. Or could it be that there was something on that phone that could have implicated someone... maybe not necessarily in Jaimee's disappearance but something else?

Okay thanks... I had forgotten about that until now. I wonder if it was tampered with because he (whoever "he" was, since no one seems to know for sure yet) found out Jaimee had called her friends complaining about him. Or could it be that there was something on that phone that could have implicated someone... maybe not necessarily in Jaimee's disappearance but something else?

unless it was a photo ,it will be retrieved from the phone records.pings ,in coming calls and text ,outgoing calls and text...
They can even tell whos phone was using social media apps around where her phone pinged...awesome stuff they can do now. Makes it easier to say a person was or wasnt somewhere and let LE know who might be a witness to a important moment in time.

unless it was a photo ,it will be retrieved from the phone records.pings ,in coming calls and text ,outgoing calls and text...
They can even tell whos phone was using social media apps around where her phone pinged...awesome stuff they can do now. Makes it easier to say a person was or wasnt somewhere and let LE know who might be a witness to a important moment in time.

Exactly! So LE may have had all the required information to exclude the friends she called as suspects, or any nefarious looking people on the pharmacy video.

There are commercial apps out there that allow you to (legally) read text messages on phones, pull up the location history, the call log, and so much more. You don't even have to touch the actual phone to retrieve this info. I know this because we have an app just like this installed on one of our child's phone, for her safety and our peace of mind.

If commercial apps can do this (and more) I can only imagine what the provider's actual logs can show. That phone could have been blown to smithereens and it wouldn't matter as far as communications go.

I was curious about the government cell phone, I didn't know that benefit existed. Anyway there are details at the link below.
http://www.massresources.org/utility-discounts.html#freewireless

Another thought. Maybe it takes longer to get cell records back from a government agency? LE may still be waiting on Jaimee's cell data.

I don't know much about free govt phones but it appears the govt. supplies the actual phones while those two companies provide the actual wireless services. Are they also govt. or private companies in contract with the govt?

ETA just answering my own question - both companies that provide the actual service are privately owned companies in partnership with the govt. I do suspect there would be more hoops to jump through though, to get those records than if they weren't govt. phones.

Thank you for looking. Sounds perfectly right. But why would he have that on there? I can see the anchor, listed commercial fishing as his profession as it appears on his RSO record. Is that pride in being a monster? Some statement to himself about what occurs in this van of his? Kind of spooky, if you think about it too much. He seems vain enough for something like that.

Thank you for looking. Sounds perfectly right. But why would he have that on there? I can see the anchor, listed commercial fishing as his profession as it appears on his RSO record. Is that pride in being a monster? Some statement to himself about what occurs in this van of his? Kind of spooky, if you think about it too much. He seems vain enough for something like that.

The Monster energy drink logo is very popular on vehicles in my area at least, especially with the younger crowd. My 16 year old son has one on his truck.

The Monster energy drink logo is very popular on vehicles in my area at least, especially with the younger crowd. My 16 year old son has one on his truck.

Same here. I don't think of it as a negative thing. The other thing I was going to say about the bumper sticker is, my nephew just bought a car and it had one on the car. He didn't like it and tried everything to get it off, but couldn't. Possible the sticker was on the car when he bought it. Possible he put it on. I don't think having one is anything to read into.

Same here. I don't think of it as a negative thing. The other thing I was going to say about the bumper sticker is, my nephew just bought a car and it had one on the car. He didn't like it and tried everything to get it off, but couldn't. Possible the sticker was on the car when he bought it. Possible he put it on. I don't think having one is anything to read into.

I was hoping to get a read on what year his van was from to see what kind of memory chip the engine may have had in it if any. I think they started using them in the late 90's.

Yes, or a pier maybe? He gave the 4 hour time frame himself. Would he have had enough time to cast out and return and be at his girlfriends? Hopefully, LE has a lot more information and they may have leads to be searching the places they are searching.

There is a really long pier if my memory serves me correctly,,,

Where are you guys finding the information on JF working as a fisherman?

From everything I've read about Jaimee, she is a completely devoted mom. A hard worker, a good daughter, good sister, etc. Nothing I've read about her indicates "drug user" at all, really, and yet we do know that she was friends with JF.

My question is: WHY? Is any of what he said about that night true? Was she not a user at all, but just knew people who were and how to connect them? It sounds rather illogical (I mean, most people who are not drug users don't go around befriending those who are and connect them for drug buys) but I suppose it's possible.

The timeline is a mess too.

What time did she leave her house? No time has been confirmed
What time was she seen at Rite Aid? Between 5:30 - 6:00 PM
How did she get there? Only report comes from JF and he says he picked her up between 5:30 & 6 PM (note: he is not exactly clear on the timeline of the evening_
Did JF actually pick her up at her house and is that why family knew she was with him? Family has not stated how Jaimee left the house and only reference they knew she was with JF because of the phone calls to two friends @ 6:40 pm and another at 7:40 pm stating she was at the RSO's house
What time was her Western Union transaction? (assuming it was picked up) No confirmation the transaction was complete but IMO it was otherwise family would have reported she never made it to Rite Aid to get the money. MOO
What time was the phone call to the female friend saying "this guy" was creeping her out? 6:40 pm
What time was the phone call to the male friend asking him to pick her up? 7:40 PM

I've seen so many different times that I can't seem to nail any of them down :(

Answers per MSM in RED above. I'm also going to bump the timeline forward for easier reference.

This has all been on my mind too! If JM said she would be back in 20 minutes it would IMO say that someone picked her up to take her to Rite Aid. That is unless she lives within 5-10 minutes walking distance from it. JF is claiming he picked her up and the family has not said anything to the contrary so IMO it's true.

I was sorry to hear that nothing came of the search today :notgood: I'm still catching up but is there mention of more searches for tomorrow? TIA

Tried to bump Elizabella's timeline with Knox's links wasn't as easy as I thought but hopefully this is right! I just tweeked it a little based on info that has since come to light.

Have a great evening all!!!!!

Timeline

5:30-6 PM Thursday: According to Jason F, he picked Jaimee up to perform a drug deal. They drove to Rite Aide where she asked to use his phone to call the dealer since her phone was dying. After the deal was done, he left her at Rite Aide and went home to get high. This was around 6:30. This is the last time he claims he saw her.

http://www.itemlive.com/news/item-ex...fce571f81.html

6:30-6:40 Thursday: This is the last time Jaimee's dad says family heard from her.

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_...4e110acd8.html

10 PM Thursday: JF meets up with his girlfriend.

http://www.itemlive.com/news/item-ex...fce571f81.html

Unknown time, Thursday: Two of Jaimee's friends get calls from her. According to her sister, one of the friends says Jaimee told him that she was "with this guy" at his house and he was making her feel uncomfortable, and to pick her up at a specific time and location. The friend went to pick her up and she never showed.

Jaimee's sister says she called a female friend @ 6:40PM, an hour later calls the male friend to pick her up (7:40PM).

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...BFO/story.html

Friday: Steven Mendez says he reported his daughter missing, although some reports claim this wasn't until Saturday.

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_...4e110acd8.html

Friday (?): Jaimee's family confronts Jason about Jaimee's whereabouts. Jason claims he has not seen her. The father says he sees the inside of his van, and it is set up like a bedroom.

Saturday: Jaimee's dad says he saw the inside of Jason's van again the next day and the carpet(?)/bedding was gone.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/family-swam...rance/29634814

Sunday: a search is performed in Salem off Technology drive. LE discover her phone, charger, jacket and ID.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/11/1...pscott-mother/

Monday: Jaimee's mom decides to go to Jason's house. On the way there she stops off at CVS to look in the dumpster, and she finds shoes, men's clothing, and a piece of rug that resembles the carpet that was in Jason's van. Jaimee's cousin later identified the shoes as being the sneakers she bought Jaimee 10 days earlier.

Monday or Tuesday: Stephanie Vazcy has been located in a local hospital. She claims she has no knowledge of how she got there or whether she had been with Jaimee. This may or may not be relevant.

I post up in the thread that the DA stated she was reported missing on Saturday morning. So, not sure how her dad is stating he reported her missing Friday.

Oh, one more thing. She calls her dad at 6:30-6:40 and then calls the first friend at 6:40 and says "he" is making her uncomfortable. What did she say to her dad? Why aren't they reporting this? Why didn't she say to dad he's making me uncomfortable? I am assuming she didn't because it would have been reported.

I wonder if Jaimee was going to CVS to receive the Western Union money and maybe something happened to her in the CVS parking lot, which is why her belongings were found in the dumpster there. The only reason I say this is because a friend asked me to send money to her a few months ago through CVS, so I know CVS in general handles those kind of transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee