Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Jaimee's phone broken when it was found? I can't remember where I read that... something about it being broken in a way that either prevented or was intended to prevent access to anything LE could have to to find on the phone?

Yep - another reason to suspect the drug dealer or dealers IMO.

JFs timeline is really a his word kinda thing and his girlfriend swearing it is true does nothing for me. So he may have had all night thurdays and when Jamie's family started looking so early is when he might of freaked and dumped all her stuff. JMO.

I am sure LE has it pegged down to ...

I wonder who represented him on his past charges? I have found records but not court documents.

I think I read Jamiees family checked the CVS dumpster because the friend was supposed to pick her up near there...Not very sure .

Sorry, I missed your last point. Yes, he may have dumped her things behind the CVS in an attempt to set up the friend. My impression is that the family and LE, will remain vague about the the precise timeline. I imagine the friends phone records corroborate their account of the night. I imagine the people on the video at the pharmacy check out with LE. I imagine the reason they are doing so is to not give the RSO more information to bolster his lies. The facts as they have played out is that he was the last person with her, LE knows that. Psychopaths who rape and kill are good at lying, fooling people, it's what they do.

Yep - another reason to suspect the drug dealer or dealers IMO.

What drug dealer do you mean? Is there any indication Jaimee Mendez had contact with drug dealers other than what the RSO has put out there?

BBM

I will only speak for myself here regarding this comment. I have NEVER nor have I seen anyone else state they believe "this RSO" over JM's family. And please do point out where LE is confirming anything that has been stated on MSM based on their evidence and not just what has been reported by the family? I most certainly would not pass judgment on a family going through this horror.

We do not have a POI/suspect being named and IMO all avenues should be explored...PERIOD. And we as members of WS's should certainly have the freedom to our thoughts and questions without being constantly reminded that in doing so we have somehow offended the Mendez's or Jaimee. That is not why we are here collectively as a group. I also refuse to participate in any type of lynch mob mentality.

At this moment my only wish is that she will be found soon and her family can begin to heal. When it comes to finding justice for Jaimee you can bet I'll be there 100%

Sorry for the rant and Mods please feel free to delete if not within TOS...my apologies.

Great post.

Yes, he may have dumped her things behind the CVS in an attempt to set up the friend. The facts as they have played out is that he was the last person with her, LE knows that.

What friend?

"The facts as they have played out is that He was the last person with her, LE knows that." How do you know this to be a fact?

What drug dealer do you mean? Is there any indication Jaimee Mendez had contact with drug dealers other than what the RSO has put out there?

Nope. I'm going purely off of JF's statement, off the known knowledge that Jaimee associated herself with the like (Jason and Stephanie were two that has already been confirmed, which means there are probably more), the fact that his phone records would confirm a call took place when he said it did, rite aid cameras would also confirm this if anything was found, and JF is not a suspect or a POI. Also, why would you lie about buying drugs if the reason you were together was for a much more innocent purpose (like taking her to pick up money)??

You know, now that I think about it, her needing to collect a western union transaction does seem logical since she had her ID on her. I don't recall hearing anywhere about finding a wallet or a purse. Why would you only take an ID with you if you aren't driving? Because WU would require identification. :)

So the next questions needing answered are: did she actually pick up the money? And if so, where's the video footage and transaction confirmation from that? For some reason, LE has decided not to release this info (yet).

What friend?

"The facts as they have played out is that He was the last person with her, LE knows that." How do you know this to be a fact?

LE searched his property, impounded his vans, brought him in for questioning, and have focused their search in areas that are central to his movements. There has not been any information to indicate that the friends, and others only the RSO has pointed out, have not checked out with LE. The most telling is that both the family and LE have been vague about the timeline. That would indicate to me that they know he is lying and don't want to give him more to go with that he may not be aware of.

Can one of you please explain to me how these drug dealers came into the picture, where information about them exists, and how they became part of your various timelines, please?

LE searched his property, impounded his vans, brought him in for questioning, and have focused their search in areas that are central to his movements. There has not been any information to indicate that the friends, and others only the RSO has pointed out, have not checked out with LE. The most telling is that both the family and LE have been vague about the timeline. That would indicate to me that they know he is lying and don't want to give him more to go with that he may not be aware of.

Who is the friend? How do you know that LE isn't looking into other people? LE knows he was the last one with her? How do you know what LE knows? I have read nothing to suggest that.

Nope. I'm going purely off of JF's statement, off the known knowledge that Jaimee associated herself with the like (Jason and Stephanie were two that has already been confirmed, which means there are probably more), the fact that his phone records would confirm a call took place when he said it did, rite aid cameras would also confirm this if anything was found, and JF is not a suspect or a POI. Also, why would you lie about buying drugs if the reason you were together was for a much more innocent purpose (like taking her to pick up money)??

Because he may have brought her to harm and hidden her, of course. So you're admittedly going just off what he has said, internet rumors, and assuming the friends and the people you mention have not checked out with LE. Is that right?

BTW, SDHELP, I have just as much right of as any of you to poke holes through what you conjecture which I believe are not supported by anything more than the word of a convicted child rapist, admitted drug user, and potential murderer. I'm not going to let lies go unchallenged, when getting at the truth of where Jaimee Mendez may be hidden is my prime objective, not exonerating to RSO based on the tales he spins.

Because he may have brought her to harm and hidden her, of course. So you're admittedly going just off what he has said, internet rumors, and assuming the friends and the people you mention have not checked out with LE. Is that right?

That is the point. To discuss what we read on MSM, the Find/Missing FB page and sleuth. And hope and pray the missing is found safe. You may not like or agree with everything. But, that doesn't mean people have to stop exploring all options.

It is no different when a married person goes missing and there is speculation that they cheated. The speculation may hurt, but sometimes it is the truth and sometimes it is not. Sometimes the truth hurts but if it helps solve the crime at the end of the day, it is all okay.

Who is the friend? How do you know that LE isn't looking into other people? LE knows he was the last one with her? How do you know what LE knows? I have read nothing to suggest that.

Have you seen any information that would suggest LE is investigating anything other than this RSO's movements? Have you had any indication that LE gave the Stephanie lady a moment of credence? LE dismissed that as it came up, like they already knew what the deal was on that.

Have you seen any information that would suggest LE is investigating anything other than this RSO's movements? Have you had any indication that LE gave the Stephanie lady a moment of credence? LE dismissed that as it came up, like they already knew what the deal was on that.

Here is what I know. LE interviewed and looked into JF. I do not know that they are investigating his movements. I do know that JF told him that Jaimee used his phone to call a drug dealer. So, I can assume he turned over the number and they are looking into that angle. I know the family stated that she spoke to two friends. I am gathering LE has spoke to them. In my mind, I do not know if Any of the above mentioned are done being investigated by LE, as they have said zippo about that.

I don't believe LE will discuss Stephanie, as last I read she was in the hospital. Don't think LE is really going to go there. But, if they are friends, they will listen to her. I don't know if they will believe her because I don't know what type of witness she will be, but LE has many years of training to be able to tell.

Where did LE say they dismissed Stephanie?

Would LE or the family have any reason to share that information publicly that would be conducive to the search, or his eventual prosecution? It's how things are done. When has LE ever provided a road map of what they know so criminals can than dance around it? As it is, this RSO has used what is known to build his lies about what may have happened to the "little mom" in his words. But I see his world getting smaller and smaller and his lies catching up with him.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/11/11/search-for-swampscott-woman-jaimee-mendez-continues-salem-woman-has-been-found/O5PyUIMysgd3PEcdZ8vvJJ/story.html
[about Stephanie]
But Essex district attorney spokeswoman Carrie Kimball Monahan said the other woman was not part of their investigation. “Our investigation is focused on locating Jaimee Mendez,” said Kimball Monahan. “There’s no information or evidence that suggests at this time that it’s connected.”

Last Thursday evening, Jaimee Mendez placed two phone calls to two friends, saying she was with the sex offender and that he was making her nervous, according to an account by Alyssa Mendez.

In the second call, Mendez asked her friend to pick her up on the street where the sex offender lives. But, her sister said, when the friend arrived, Jaimee Mendez was nowhere to be found.

“She’s responsible, she’s beautiful, she’s smart, she’s intelligent, she’s a fighter,” Alyssa Mendez said of her sister. “If she wanted to come home, she did everything she could to come home. Something stopped her from coming home. And we need to know what that was.”

Police could be seen on Tuesday searching a dumpster and a garage near the home of the Level 3 sex offender whom Mendez’s family believes she was with on Thursday. Police towed away a green van with Virginia license plates from in front of the home. Neighbors said it was the second vehicle towed from the property.

Alyssa Mendez said that a cellphone and clothing believed to belong to her sister had been found on Technology Way in Salem, and that sneakers believed to her sister’s had been found in a CVS dumpster in Lynn, just blocks from the home of the sex offender. A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation confirmed Mendez’s statements.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/11/13/active-search-for-missing-swampscott-woman-law-enforcement-today-officials-say/0YlWiGQxghezNjAdu1fLlI/story.html
“Please be advised that there will be no active search today for Jaimee Mendez. Investigators will meet today to assess the search effort thus far and determine next steps,’’ Blodgett’s office said in a statement. “This is an active investigation and as such, we cannot comment on details such as evidence that may or may not have been found. As soon as there is information that we can share, we will do so.’’
http://www.whdh.com/story/27412998/divers-will-return-to-search-lynn-pond-for-signs-of-missing-mom
Last week, police searched a dumpster and a garage near the man's home and also seized his van. Mendez's shoes were found in another dumpster behind a nearby CVS. Police said the pond they were searching was close to both locations.
http://www.whdh.com/story/27349398/family-continues-to-hold-out-hope-for-missing-swampscott-mom
“We're just hoping to get a better understanding of where he might have hung out, people he hung out with if they know his habits, his whereabouts, where he liked to hang out. I think he stayed in his van, his van was set up with blankets and pillows, so if there was anywhere he used to park his van to sleep or to stay,” Mendez's sister Alyssa said.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=r2fn9v92p8nd&lvl=15&sty=b&sp=Point.r2dx2j92ngp8_Sonar%2520today____~Point.r2g09p92pkb7_Roughly%2520the%2520area%2520where%2520cell%2520and%2520other%2520items%2520for%2520found____~Point.r2dr8x92p2yk_Street%2520where%2520he%2520resided%252C%2520and%2520kept%2520a%2520separate%2520garage____~Point.r2d8xt92nt1g_Dumpster%2520where%2520carpet%2520and%2520sneakers%2520were%2520found____~Point.r2fhwk92pb74_Area%2520searched%2520by%2520LE____&form=LMLTCC

Lynn pond offers no clues in Jaimee Mendez disappearance
By Alan Burke Staff Writer Updated: 11:41 pm, Wed Nov 19, 2014.
http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/lynn-pond-offers-no-clues-in-jaimee-mendez-disappearance/article_766bd249-990c-5dc1-a014-59e668838492.html
While the search at the pond ends, the search for answers continues, stressed Carrie Kimball Monahan, spokeswoman for Essex County District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett.
“Investigators will evaluate their next steps,” Kimball-Monahan said. Leading the investigation into Mendez’s disappearance are both the D.A.’s Office and the Swampscott Police.

State Police searched Floating Bridge Pond Wednesday for a second day in connection with missing Swampscott mother Jamiee Mendez.
Owen O'Rourke / Item Photo
http://www.itemlive.com/news/second-pond-search-yields-no-mendez-clues/article_efcdf5da-7070-11e4-9cdd-7b85a161d70c.html?mode=image&photo=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills