Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A crime scene was also established around a dumpster behind a CVS pharmacy in Lynn near where the man lives. Mendez said her mother checked there on a hunch.

"She was driving around trying to find this house. She drove by the dumpster and had a hunch to look in. She is the one that found the shoes. She noticed the rug and at that point she called the police and they took it over," Mendez said.

http://www.whdh.com/story/27338810/police-searching-for-missing-mother-from-swampscott

[modsnip]

According to his mom, the 13 year old was his girlfriends sister. He has eight retraining orders against him. The report below mentions the women he abused and who fear him.
[http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?clipId=10839383&autoStart=true]

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investig...an-possibly-connected-to-missing-mom/29708868

"Court records show Fleury was charged in 2002 with indecent assault and battery. The alleged victim told doctors she was "raped at knifepoint."

One woman sought help from the courts in 2006 saying she was "in fear of my life" because Fleury was 'threatening to throw acid in my face."

That same year another woman said he "attacked me from behind."

Bumping

Any information where the RSO may have been employed in sanitation? There are four companies in Salem and others located around the area. Was he still employed, the night Jaimee Mendez was calling her friends to get away from him? Understanding where he spent his time may be of help to finding her.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investig...an-possibly-connected-to-missing-mom/29708868

I still don't understand how all his cases were dropped. Do you suppose he's so intimidating that may be the victims were scared to keep pressing charges and had to resort to restraining orders? Or did he have an especially good lawyer, such leniency, I don't get it? How does somebody like this stay free to harm others endlessly? He must be especially good at 'cleaning up.'

Any other people who may have made Jaimee Mendez vanish the night she was calling for help that you can think of?

By now, it may be assumed that records of all the calls Jaimee Mendez made to her friends trying to help her, from the various people at the pharmacy, has checked out with LE, as the search is still focused on areas central to the last places they looked related to this RSO.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=r2fn9v92p8nd&lvl=15&sty=b&sp=Point.r2dx2j92ngp8_Sonar%2520today____~Point.r2g09p92pkb7_Roughly%2520the%2520area%2520where%2520cell%2520and%2520other%2520items%2520for%2520found____~Point.r2dr8x92p2yk_Street%2520where%2520he%2520resided%252C%2520and%2520kept%2520a%2520separate%2520garage____~Point.r2d8xt92nt1g_Dumpster%2520where%2520carpet%2520and%2520sneakers%2520were%2520found____~Point.r2fhwk92pb74_Area%2520searched%2520by%2520LE____&form=LMLTCC

According to his mom, the 13 year old was his girlfriends sister. He has eight retraining orders against him. The report below mentions the women he abused and who fear him.
[http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?clipId=10839383&autoStart=true]

"Court records show Fleury was charged in 2002 with indecent assault and battery. The alleged victim told doctors she was "raped at knifepoint."

One woman sought help from the courts in 2006 saying she was "in fear of my life" because Fleury was 'threatening to throw acid in my face."

That same year another woman said he "attacked me from behind."

This information is broadcast on MSM. It came out soon after the "Items" interview where he put himself out there. MSM responded with balance, exposing more about him.

Bumping

Any information where the RSO may have been employed in sanitation? There are four companies in Salem and others located around the area. Was he still employed, the night Jaimee Mendez was calling her friends to get away from him? Understanding where he spent his time may be of help to finding her.
I don't feel I have anything to add at this point, but want to thank you for doing due diligence for Jaimee. It seems he's the only one that circumstantial (& maybe hard evidence too, who knows what LE found or are in process of having tested) evidence seems to pointing to, so I don't know how we can discount his possible involvement. At least, not at this point.

I'm still reviewing the facts here, but from what I've seen so far, the person in question, JF, has been named in MSM. He has a criminal record as a sex offender, and had contact with Jaimee the night she disappeared. His van was seized by LE, as well. Therefore, he can be discussed. This is different from a case where a RSO lives in the area, but is not known to have had contact with a missing person or victim. Although this person has not been officially named a POI or suspect, according to MSM he is being investigated as such.

5 Investigates checks record of man possibly connected to missing mom
Jason Fleury not a suspect in disappearance of Jaimee Mendez
Published 10:02 PM EST Nov 13, 2014

[...]

Police haven't named any suspects in her disappearance, but detectives have been working at the Lynn home of a man her family said she knew, a man who is a level 3 sex offender.

[...]

Detectives have been investigating in Lynn where Jason Fleury lives.

Family members said Mendez was with Fleury the last time anyone had contact with her.

On Tuesday they spent two hours searching his Lynn home and a dumpster before towing this van, which 5 Investigates learned is registered to Fleury.

Fleury is a level 3 sex offender. He was convicted in 1997 of having sex with a minor in Virginia.

Since then, 5 Investigates found he has racked up a lengthy history of arrests in Massachusetts.

cont. at the link

I'm still reviewing the facts here, but from what I've seen so far, the person in question, JF, has been named in MSM. He has a criminal record as a sex offender, and had contact with Jaimee the night she disappeared. His van was seized by LE, as well. Therefore, he can be discussed. This is different from a case where a RSO's lives in the area, but is not known to have had contact with a missing person or victim. Although this person has not been officially named a POI or suspect, according to MSM he is being investigated as such.

5 Investigates checks record of man possibly connected to missing mom
Jason Fleury not a suspect in disappearance of Jaimee Mendez
Published 10:02 PM EST Nov 13, 2014

[...]

Police haven't named any suspects in her disappearance, but detectives have been working at the Lynn home of a man her family said she knew, a man who is a level 3 sex offender.

[...]

Detectives have been investigating in Lynn where Jason Fleury lives.

Family members said Mendez was with Fleury the last time anyone had contact with her.

On Tuesday they spent two hours searching his Lynn home and a dumpster before towing this van, which 5 Investigates learned is registered to Fleury.

Fleury is a level 3 sex offender. He was convicted in 1997 of having sex with a minor in Virginia.

Since then, 5 Investigates found he has racked up a lengthy history of arrests in Massachusetts.

cont. at the link

Thank you, Bessie, for explaining. I get confused about the rules sometimes, so this is very helpful (helps to have it explained using a current case, in addition to the general rules).

I don't feel I have anything to add at this point, but want to thank you for doing due diligence for Jaimee. It seems he's the only one that circumstantial (& maybe hard evidence too, who knows what LE found or are in process of having tested) evidence seems to pointing to, so I don't know how we can discount his possible involvement. At least, not at this point.

I agree - definitely don't discount him. But we certainly shouldn't exclude other possibilities either, until LE gives us more to go on.

Thank you, Bessie, for explaining. I get confused about the rules sometimes, so this is very helpful (helps to have it explained using a current case, in addition to the general rules).
You're very welcome. Please keep in mind, that because circumstances vary in each case, the rules will sometimes vary as well. It's not always black and white.

You're very welcome. Please keep in mind, that because circumstances vary in each case, the rules will sometimes vary as well. It's not always black and white.

Thank you, bessie. This is excellent to know. You have my respect and admiration for your commitment and attention. Please forgive any trouble I may have caused as the search for Jaimee Mendez continues.

May her family, friends, and community prevail with their love for her so she may be found.

While the search at the pond ends, the search for answers continues, stressed Carrie Kimball Monahan, spokeswoman for Essex County District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett.

“Investigators will evaluate their next steps,” Kimball-Monahan said. Leading the investigation into Mendez’s disappearance are both the D.A.’s Office and the Swampscott Police

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local...cle_766bd249-990c-5dc1-a014-59e668838492.html

This was the most recent update I could find. LE continues to say they will evaluate the next steps in the investigation. Locals, have you seen any searches today, or helicopters?

Candlelight Vigil for Jaimee tonight 7:00PM @CVS parking lot on Eastern. I hope hundreds of people come out to show their support for the family.

I started putting together the timeline I mentioned previously. However, I'm at work so I don't have a load of time to devote to this at the moment. I will continue to add things when I'm able to; however, it would be great if some of you could help put together additional bits of info to be added. I have the doc set to allow for comments by anyone, so feel free to add a comment on the doc if you see something that is incorrect or if new info has come out. I would like to keep this purely factual, so no opinions or theories (unless we want to add a section for that, which I'm okay with doing). I'd also like to only include things that relate to this case, or things that may be relevant to the case (for instance, I did not include things like the quote on Jason's FB page, or the info about Jaimee dropping out of high school, because I do not think they are relevant at this time.) I would like to put a large map together also that pin points all areas of interest, such as JF's home, JM's home, where JM's belongings were found, etc. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dar89HoS06ErhPmkS7r9bcajZVqrGrvdhOQRNmF7yHA/edit?usp=sharing

I started putting together the timeline I mentioned previously. However, I'm at work so I don't have a load of time to devote to this at the moment. I will continue to add things when I'm able to; however, it would be great if some of you could help put together additional bits of info to be added. I have the doc set to allow for comments by anyone, so feel free to add a comment on the doc if you see something that is incorrect or if new info has come out. I would like to keep this purely factual, so no opinions or theories (unless we want to add a section for that, which I'm okay with doing). I'd also like to only include things that relate to this case, or things that may be relevant to the case (for instance, I did not include things like the quote on Jason's FB page, or the info about Jaimee dropping out of high school, because I do not think they are relevant at this time.) I would like to put a large map together also that pin points all areas of interest, such as JF's home, JM's home, where JM's belongings were found, etc. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dar89HoS06ErhPmkS7r9bcajZVqrGrvdhOQRNmF7yHA/edit?usp=sharing

Also, I know I am missing a ton of links. That's what I've been working on up to this point, so you will see that some stuff does not have a link referenced (the numbers in parentheses). So feel free to provide more links! Thanks

Search for Missing Mom to Resume Wednesday with Divers in Pond [with a link to the Mass. State Police pictures of the search from their FB page]
It has been nearly two weeks since Jaminee Mendez, 25, of Swampscott was last seen.
By Robert Gates (Patch Staff) Updated November 19, 2014 at 4:03 am
Search for Missing Mom to Resume Wednesday with Divers in Pond
http://patch.com/massachusetts/salem/search-missing-mom-resume-wednesday-divers-pond-0

I really hope more information is released to the public soon... I keep checking to see. Where are you Jaimee????

I really hope more information is released to the public soon... I keep checking to see. Where are you Jaimee????

It is near exactly two weeks since Jaimee Mendez vanished, with nothing but her personal items found. Her call for help while she was with this RSO rings loud in all our hearts and minds. There will hopefully be a break soon, so all who care like you, and especially her family may have her back to give them the peace of mind they need as they endeavor to raise her young son, beyond a calamitous loss they feel so strongly.

Thank you for taking the time to review this thread. I've always tried very carefully to follow the rules here and this case seems to present some real challenges as far as who can be sleuthed. Much appreciated. :)

This case feels very personal to me, only because all the pics of Jaimee I've seen, she looks exactly like the daughter of a friend of mine, who's name is ironically also, Jamie. I must admit that at this point, I don't believe she's still with us. I have NO REAL feeling one way or another who is responsible but I do believe it has everything to do with her circle of friends. I believe they know more than has been released but they're afraid to say anything, understandably.

MOO.

I lit a candle tonight for the Jaimee and her family for the candlelight vigil. My prayers are with her and her family and especially her darling son. I can't fathom what he must be thinking without his mom? Breaks my heart.. :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway