Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did you see my post a few posts back? I proposed a theory on how he may have come up with "18 spring road". I agree, it may not be important, except for that understanding the path her friend may have traveled could open up the door to the possibility that JF still had Jaimee on that street for many hours following her last call.

That house is so isolated, at the end of the "street" and no one would have any reason to go near it unless they lived there. So many thoughts, all jumbled right now...

In his interview JF said he gave Jaimee his phone so she could call the dealer because her phone was dying.

Jaime's friend overheard JF talking to someone.

If Jaime's phone was dying and she was unable to make a call, then was she using JF's phone to call her friend, and if yes, then this would eliminate the possibility they were both talking on their respective phones at the same time because there was only one working phone between them.

JF would have been overheard speaking to someone in person.

If this line of thought is correct then JF's number would have come up on caller ID on the friend's phone. And on the later SOS call to the second person.

In his interview JF said he gave Jaimee his phone so she could call the dealer because her phone was dying.

Jaime's friend overheard JF talking to someone.

If Jaime's phone was dying and she was unable to make a call, then was she using JF's phone to call her friend, and if yes, then this would eliminate the possibility they were both talking on their respective phones at the same time because there was only one working phone between them.

JF would have been overheard speaking to someone in person.

If this line of thought is correct then JF's number would have come up on caller ID on the friend's phone. And on the later SOS call to the second person.

At some point he let her borrow his charger. Not only did he tell her mom this (according to the FB page), but his charger was also found among her belongings. I believe she called both people from her phone, otherwise they would have reported this. Especially the second friend since he tried calling Jaimee back once he was on Spring Road. Had she called from his phone her friend would have had his number and would have tried calling it as well.

My guess is either she stuck her phone on his charger the second she noticed it was dying (while she used his to call the dealer, if this part of his story is true), or perhaps her first friend actually called her, and she plugged her phone in then so the phone wouldn't die mid call.

At some point he let her borrow his charger. Not only did he tell her mom this (according to the FB page), but his charger was also found among her belongings.

Was it definitely a car charger, or was it a house charger? Are we assuming? Do we know for sure? Maybe it was a car charger and plugged in when she used it, or she had even totally charged the phone, but if you're using someone's car charger in their car then why take it with you, or even put it in your pocket if you personally don't own a car? Why "give" someone your car charger, especially if they don't own a car?

Also, why use his phone to call the dealers, if you have a charger right there for use with your own phone? If my phone is completely dead it might take a couple minutes to get enough charge to use, but her phone was "dying", not dead, so simply plugging it in would have made her phone usable. I'm not convinced the charger was a car charger. MOO

I believe she called both people from her phone, otherwise they would have reported this. Especially the second friend since he tried calling Jaimee back once he was on Spring Road. Had she called from his phone her friend would have had his number and would have tried calling it as well.

How much of the details of what they reported do we know? There's a lot that has been reported to LE that we don't know. As someone above pointed out, if the friend recognized JF's voice, then the friend must know JF. Is that the connection of how Jaimee and JF became acquainted? Just guessing.

My guess is either she stuck her phone on his charger the second she noticed it was dying (while she used his to call the dealer, if this part of his story is true), or perhaps her first friend actually called her, and she plugged her phone in then so the phone wouldn't die mid call.

At ABOUT 6:15 6:30 Jaimee calls her friend and chat for a couple of minutes. friend hears JF in the background and Jaimee confirms she is with JF. Jaimee tells friend she is on her way home and she will call later.

If she had to use his phone to call the dealers then she knew her phone was dying, and would have charged it/plugged it in prior to calling her friend. MOO.

If she had to use his phone to call the dealers then she knew her phone was dying, and would have charged it/plugged it in prior to calling her friend. MOO.

I agree. I was just throwing out the other as a suggestion, but not a likely one. I don't know when she started charging it, but my guess would be sometime before she called her first friend.

I agree. I was just throwing out the other as a suggestion, but not a likely one. I don't know when she started charging it, but my guess would be sometime before she called her first friend.

That's what we're here for, right? Throw suggestions and thoughts into the pot, see what sounds likely, or possible. Whether likely or unlikely, they need to be aired. I'm certainly not offended if any of my thoughts are countered with other possibilities or options. And I hope no one else is if I do the same.

HCOM, could it have been, just trying to picture it, something like the RSO asking 'who are you talking to there?' or saying something like 'don't you hate red lights?' in the background... or 'i have to make a stop at home' or pretending to be on the phone with family while Jaimee spoke.

When Jaimee made the first call and her friend (on the other end of the phone) heard JF talking in the background...

He was talking to someone outside/inside the van?
He was talking to someone on his own phone?
He was saying things to Jaimee while she was on her phone?

She (friend) heard him talking, but what was he saying?

What sort of situations could happen that would make you perk up and pay attention to a third person, not the one you are on the phone with?

He's in close proximity? If so, lends credence to both of them being in the van together.
His speaking goes on at length and becomes an irritation/intrusion on your conversation? Lends credence to he's on the phone, speaking at length.
He has a distinctive voice? Very deep, stutters, speaks quickly, etc. If so then FHG's bolded items above are possible. He could have just muttered or talked to himself.

Anything else???

HCOM, could it have been, just trying to picture it, something like the RSO asking 'who are you talking to there?' or saying something like 'don't you hate red lights?' in the background... or 'i have to make a stop at home' or pretending to be on the phone with family while Jaimee spoke.

Did you get more snow up there, HCOM?

Are there traffic cameras in Lynn, Swampscott?

Was it definitely a car charger, or was it a house charger? Are we assuming? Do we know for sure? Maybe it was a car charger and plugged in when she used it, or she had even totally charged the phone, but if you're using someone's car charger in their car then why take it with you, or even put it in your pocket if you personally don't own a car? Why "give" someone your car charger, especially if they don't own a car?

Also, why use his phone to call the dealers, if you have a charger right there for use with your own phone? If my phone is completely dead it might take a couple minutes to get enough charge to use, but her phone was "dying", not dead, so simply plugging it in would have made her phone usable. I'm not convinced the charger was a car charger. MOO

How much of the details of what they reported do we know? There's a lot that has been reported to LE that we don't know. As someone above pointed out, if the friend recognized JF's voice, then the friend must know JF. Is that the connection of how Jaimee and JF became acquainted? Just guessing.

Well, here's what we know for sure, based on MSM and family:
1) she did not leave the house with a charger.
2) a charger was found among her belongings.
3) JF told Jaimee's mom that he let her borrow his phone charger, even before a charger was found.
4) Jaimee made two calls, presumably from her phone.
5) her phone was off when her friend couldn't find her.
6) her phone was broken when LE located it.

My gut tells me it was a car charger, and the reason he disposed of it along with her stuff is because he accidentally grabbed it when grabbing her phone/coat/etc. I don't think he let her borrow his charger with the intent of her leaving with it. I think he made that part up because he knew they would question why his charger was found among her belongings. My gut also tells me that they stayed in his van, or they drove to someone else's house after being on Spring Road. I do not think they entered the house on Spring Road (which belongs to a relative of his), however I could be wrong. I'm not sure how much I should go into what I've read regarding this relative and their relationship with JF since it was never made public by the media.

To answer your question about why she didn't use her phone to call the dealer if her phone was plugged in (if this part is true), I have a few of theories:
1) she didn't realize his charger fit her phone prior to calling the dealer. Once she realized it, she asked him if she could use it
2) his charger is short and makes it difficult to talk on the phone while using it (I've had a car charger like this before)
3) it was actually dead instead of "dying" and they didn't want to waste time

All of this is conjecture, obviously.

I personally have a USB phone charger that can be taken off the wall charger and plugged into my car USB charger. But if JF's van was older it's unlikely that his car would be equip with a USB charger unless he had a cigarette lighter USB charger, that the USB charger cord could be plugged into. Does that make sense?

Are there traffic cameras in Lynn, Swampscott?

I am watching See No Evil. Great show. Every epsiode has them flashing back to murders and they find cameras that capture either the victim or murderer on camera. It is eerie and cool at the same time. they show cameras in the front and back of stores, inside stores, apartment complexes, and residential homes. i would think in this situation that they would start at store where both cars are and go backwards and forwards. See where the cars started and see where they went after. They possibly could have pulled the plate on the other car. Also, they should have no problem getting the video from inside. Also, if her stuff was thrown in the dumpster by the CvS there very well may be a camera there. Seeing a car drive back into the lot even would a starting point....if her stuff was thrown out there.

Well, here's what we know for sure, based on MSM and family:
1) she did not leave the house with a charger.
2) a charger was found among her belongings.
3) JF told Jaimee's mom that he let her borrow his phone charger, even before a charger was found.
4) Jaimee made two calls, presumably from her phone.
5) her phone was off when her friend couldn't find her.
6) her phone was broken when LE located it.

My gut tells me it was a car charger, and the reason he disposed of it along with her stuff is because he accidentally grabbed it when grabbing her phone/coat/etc. I don't think he let her borrow his charger with the intent of her leaving with it. I think he made that part up because he knew they would question why his charger was found among her belongings. My gut also tells me that they stayed in his van, or they drove to someone else's house after being on Spring Road. I do not think they entered the house on Spring Road (which belongs to a relative of his), however I could be wrong. I'm not sure how much I should go into what I've read regarding this relative and their relationship with JF since it was never made public by the media.

To answer your question about why she didn't use her phone to call the dealer if her phone was plugged in (if this part is true), I have a few of theories:
1) she didn't realize his charger fit her phone prior to calling the dealer. Once she realized it, she asked him if she could use it
2) his charger is short and makes it difficult to talk on the phone while using it (I've had a car charger like this before)
3) it was actually dead instead of "dying" and they didn't want to waste time

All of this is conjecture, obviously.

I had never read/heard her phone was broken. Thank you for providing that information.

I've read in comments for online stories somewhere that her phone was a government phone, and she didn't use her own to make the call so a drug deal would not show up on the call record..

Interesting possibility-them going to another location after spring road. If she was on Spring Road and made the call saying she was nervous, then if this other location is true (understandably just conjecture for now) then I don't think she would have gone to that location willingly. MOO.

Gosh, I wouldn't know. LE may have checked them from that night.

Sorry-my comment wasn't directed specifically to you, just made in general.

I'm hoping LE checked everything, looked everywhere, grilled every potential witness or party, tested every sample as evidence, and so on. I'm hoping they have and continue to conduct as thorough an investigation as possible. But they're not saying a darn thing, so I continue to ask questions looking for answers I know LE may already have. :(

I personally have a USB phone charger that can be taken off the wall charger and plugged into my car USB charger. But if JF's van was older it's unlikely that his car would be equip with a USB charger unless he had a cigarette lighter USB charger, that the USB charger cord could be plugged into. Does that make sense?

Yes, makes sense to me. It's the sort of charger I see in bins in Walgreens and CVS by the registers.

I've read in comments for online stories somewhere that her phone was a government phone, and she didn't use her own to make the call so a drug deal would not show up on the call record..

JF claimed that he let her use his phone because hers was dying. IIRC, he also said or implied that she usually uses her phone when calling the dealers but I could be wrong. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, her phone may have never been dying or on the charger - he may have made this completely up because he accidentally threw out his charger with her stuff and wanted it to make sense when they discovered it.

JF claimed that he let her use his phone because hers was dying. IIRC, he also said or implied that she usually uses her phone when calling the dealers but I could be wrong. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, her phone may have never been dying or on the charger - he may have made this completely up because he accidentally threw out his charger with her stuff and wanted it to make sense when they discovered it.

Considering how she was ( I have a hard time saying or thinking this) disposed of, why would her clothes (jacket and associated items, and sneakers) be in a different location? Why put those things elsewhere, and not with the rest of her? If you're thinking no one will ever find her, why put/place/throw those things where they COULD be found, even if the expectation was that no one would be looking for them?

Another similar missing person/murder case posted by the mother on her personal FB page: http://www.donnajou.com/Timeline.html

Thank you for all the info, HCOM. I too hope the same as you for the investigation. What can be harsher than losing your loved one, in the first place? Justice grinding along however laborious it is, I hope is complete, and am encouraged by findjaimee's confidence in LE.

Still snowing here, but news of warmer temps to come.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back